Today's election results

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
wbtravis007

Re: Today's election results

#101 Post by wbtravis007 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:53 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:56 pm
I sorta agree, wb. It's all sound and fury. Is this a guy thing? Seems to be quien es mas macho.
I’m sure it is. None of y’all ladies would ever be inclined to be assertive or rude or obnoxious or anything like that.

We just don’t seem to have the little pea-pickn hearts that y’all seem to be blessed with.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#102 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:53 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
I sorta agree, wb. It's all sound and fury. Is this a guy thing? Seems to be quien es mas macho.
I’m sure it is. None of y’all ladies would ever be inclined to be assertive or rude or obnoxious or anything like that.

We just don’t seem to have the little pea-pickn hearts that y’all seem to be blessed with.
Well, Teddy Jack Eddy. Did I hurt y'all's feelings?
Well, then

wbtravis007

#103 Post by wbtravis007 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:32 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:53 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Well, Teddy Jack Eddy. Did I hurt y'all's feelings?
Point of order! Point of order!

Citizen’s ara-est! Citizen’s ara-est!

This has nothing to do with this thread!

But, I’ll answer anyway. This one time.

My feelings are starting to twitch a little here. If they start hurting, I’ll let you know.

kroxquo

#104 Post by kroxquo » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:58 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:52 pm
One thing you said here intrigues me. When Roe was over turned, there was discussion that it was returning the question of abortion to the states where it belongs. I don't know if that was your personal position, but there many on the right saying that. Now, however, many on the right (including the new Speaker of the House) are advocating for a nation wide ban on abortion, or at least severely restricting it on a nation-wide basis. How do you reconcile the state authority argument with this?
I don't. I think it's another bad idea. One side imposing their will over everyone when they have the power to do so. It will only last until they lose their majority, then the other side will impose their will. In our formative days as a nation, we got our most enlightened leaders together to hash out agreements to difficult questions. That is how our Constitution came into being.

My solution, which I know has zero chance of ever happening, is to do the same thing with this question. Put together a select group of people acceptable to all sides of the issue and have them come up with a solution, if possible. Another thing I don't know is: If a compromise is found, will this fit into a Constitutional amendment so it can't easily be undone by the next regime? It is supposed to be done in our Congress, but we keep electing a lot of unreasonable and irrational people with their own agendas to represent us, and this endless fighting, backbiting, corruption and finger-pointing is the result. Kind of like this bored. But those are the only kind of people who run. Reasonable and rational people are not attracted to the Washington circus.
Thank-you for the thought-driven response. I asked the question in good faith and you answered in kind. I appreciate that. I wish we could have more of that around here.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#105 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:59 am

kroxquo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:58 am
One thing you said here intrigues me. When Roe was over turned, there was discussion that it was returning the question of abortion to the states where it belongs. I don't know if that was your personal position, but there many on the right saying that. Now, however, many on the right (including the new Speaker of the House) are advocating for a nation wide ban on abortion, or at least severely restricting it on a nation-wide basis. How do you reconcile the state authority argument with this?
I don't. I think it's another bad idea. One side imposing their will over everyone when they have the power to do so. It will only last until they lose their majority, then the other side will impose their will. In our formative days as a nation, we got our most enlightened leaders together to hash out agreements to difficult questions. That is how our Constitution came into being.

My solution, which I know has zero chance of ever happening, is to do the same thing with this question. Put together a select group of people acceptable to all sides of the issue and have them come up with a solution, if possible. Another thing I don't know is: If a compromise is found, will this fit into a Constitutional amendment so it can't easily be undone by the next regime? It is supposed to be done in our Congress, but we keep electing a lot of unreasonable and irrational people with their own agendas to represent us, and this endless fighting, backbiting, corruption and finger-pointing is the result. Kind of like this bored. But those are the only kind of people who run. Reasonable and rational people are not attracted to the Washington circus.
Thank-you for the thought-driven response. I asked the question in good faith and you answered in kind. I appreciate that. I wish we could have more of that around here.
You're welcome. I will try another 'weird' thing. I will post my comments when I have something to say, but I will only respond when the post is civil. I will leave the trolls dangling and exposed, however hard that will be for me.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot

Weyoun

#106 Post by Weyoun » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:21 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:59 am
kroxquo wrote:

You're welcome. I will try another 'weird' thing. I will post my comments when I have something to say, but I will only respond when the post is civil. I will leave the trolls dangling and exposed, however hard that will be for me.
Didn’t you also promise to leave at one point, when it was proven that there was no evidence that the election was stolen?

silverscreenselect

#107 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:47 pm

I will post my comments when I have something to say, but I will only respond when the post is civil. I will leave the trolls dangling and exposed, however hard that will be for me.
No, that actually gives you an excuse to feel good about supposedly being civilized and avoid answering a question to which you have no legitimate response, all at the same time. I'm still waiting on you to supply me with a few of those "very fine people" at Charlottesville that neither you, Trump, nor Dennis Prager have ever done. I suppose I'll continue waiting because I'm a dangling and exposed troll.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#108 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:21 pm
kroxquo wrote:

Didn’t you also promise to leave at one point, when it was proven that there was no evidence that the election was stolen?
Um, when was that PROVEN, exactly? If it was, show me the proof.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot

silverscreenselect

#109 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:58 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm
Sixty court cases should be proof of that.

flockofseagulls104

#110 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:58 pm
I have personally verified some of the evidence those courts have not bothered to look at.

silverscreenselect

#111 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 pm
I have personally verified some of the evidence those courts have not bothered to look at.
Well, either the plaintiffs in those 60 cases were represented by the most inept group of attorneys in the world, or there's something wrong with your personal verification. I assume your statement means you've reviewed all 60 of these cases to determine what evidence the courts did and did not look at.

flockofseagulls104

#112 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:31 am

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 pm

Well, either the plaintiffs in those 60 cases were represented by the most inept group of attorneys in the world, or there's something wrong with your personal verification. I assume your statement means you've reviewed all 60 of these cases to determine what evidence the courts did and did not look at.
As usual, all your assumptions are wrong. Try again.

silverscreenselect

#113 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:47 am

Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:31 am
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm
I assume your statement means you've reviewed all 60 of these cases to determine what evidence the courts did and did not look at.
As usual, all your assumptions are wrong. Try again.
You'll get no argument from me on that point.

wbtravis007

#114 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 pm

kroxquo wrote:

So, if you were in the Congress, and a bill were to be introduced to prohibit abortions, would you vote for it or against it?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#115 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Weyoun wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
To be precise, he promised to leave and not come back when Operation Dumbo Drop (or whatever it was called) failed to produce the evidence it was promising. They didn't, but he eventually rationalized the entirely predictable failure and broke his word. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

#116 Post by kroxquo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:23 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 pm
kroxquo wrote:

So, if you were in the Congress, and a bill were to be introduced to prohibit abortions, would you vote for it or against it?
I think you are addressing me. I would definitely vote against.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#117 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:07 pm
Weyoun wrote:
To be precise, he promised to leave and not come back when Operation Dumbo Drop (or whatever it was called) failed to produce the evidence it was promising. They didn't, but he eventually rationalized the entirely predictable failure and broke his word. --Bob
All I can say is that it is a free country, bob. BTW, if you recall, I also made a counteroffer, but none of you were brave enough to take me up on it. I also know a lot more about the subject now than I did then. I couldn't verify their geo data, but I have personally verified other areas that I will not divulge here. And I accept the reason they can't divulge that data. But they did, finally, find a way to bring up OPEN.INK, despite all the legal and hacking interference orchestrated by people on your side of the fence. You should go there. But you won't.

flockofseagulls104

#118 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:27 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:23 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

That's not what I proposed, though.

wbtravis007

#119 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:29 pm

kroxquo wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

I was really trying to ask both of you.

Thanks.

flockofseagulls104

#120 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:42 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:29 pm
kroxquo wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

Thanks.
To answer your civilly phrased question, and I think I already did. I wouldn't vote for it either. And I gave my reasons.

wbtravis007

#121 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:01 am

Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:42 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

Thanks.
To answer your civilly phrased question, and I think I already did. I wouldn't vote for it either. And I gave my reasons.
Hmm.

So then that makes me wonder. If you were a legislator in a state, and that bill was put to a vote, would you vote for it or against it?

flockofseagulls104

#122 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:02 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:01 am
wbtravis007 wrote:

Thanks.
Hmm.

So then that makes me wonder. If you were a legislator in a state, and that bill was put to a vote, would you vote for it or against it?
You are very vague on the bill. No. I would advocate for an amendment to the State Constitution and call for a process to define it, like I outlined above. Again, it would be a snowball in hell, but I think that's what I'd do. And all the democrats would stream to the press to say I'm deranged.

wbtravis007

#123 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:29 am

Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:02 am
wbtravis007 wrote:

Hmm.

You are very vague on the bill. No. I would advocate for an amendment to the State Constitution and call for a process to define it, like I outlined above. Again, it would be a snowball in hell, but I think that's what I'd do. And all the democrats would stream to the press to say I'm deranged.
Wow. So, you’d effectively condone the killing of babies (your characterization) by voting against a bill that would prohibit that.

That does surprise me.

flockofseagulls104

#124 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:33 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:29 am
wbtravis007 wrote:

Hmm.

Wow. So, you’d effectively condone the killing of babies (your characterization) by voting against a bill that would prohibit that.

That does surprise me.
I will try and accommodate you here.
This is a rhetorical situation, but if it ever happened, I would first try and put together a rhetorical coalition of rhetorical legislators who would push for a rhetorical special panel to look at permanent rhetorical solutions to this issue. Failing that, I would lobby and support whatever rhetorical amendments to the rhetorical bill to try and make it at least rhetorically acceptable to the other side.

wbtravis007

#125 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:05 pm

Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:33 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:29 am

That does surprise me.
I will try and accommodate you here.
This is a rhetorical situation, but if it ever happened, I would first try and put together a rhetorical coalition of rhetorical legislators who would push for a rhetorical special panel to look at permanent rhetorical solutions to this issue. Failing that, I would lobby and support whatever rhetorical amendments to the rhetorical bill to try and make it at least rhetorically acceptable to the other side.
This could be a Trump tweet. He knows all the best words, you know.

He just doesn't know what they mean, or how to use them in sentences.