Let it speak for itself

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#101 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:14 pm

It's no surprise that Flock and Tucker Carlson have a thing for Jair Bolsonaro. He's right out of the Trump/Putin school of authoritarianism.
Bolsonaro faces a Brazilian Federal Police investigation into an alleged attempted coup plot to keep him in power after he lost the 2022 presidential election, his lawyer confirmed in early February. Several former ministers who served in Bolsonaro’s government are also being investigated and some of his aides have been arrested, according to CNN affiliate CNN Brasil.

Bolsonaro on Sunday insisted he is being persecuted, without directly mentioning the institutions handling the investigation, CNN Brasil reported. Last year, Bolsonaro was barred from running for political office until 2030 by the country’s highest electoral court for abusing his power and misusing public media during the 2022 election campaign.

After Bolsonaro lost the election by a narrow margin to leftist President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, his supporters rioted and broke into government buildings in Brasilia on January 8, 2023. Bolsonaro has denied inciting the violent attacks in the capital. On Sunday, Bolsonaro said Parliament should offer “amnesty for those poor people who are imprisoned in Brasília,” in reference to the January 8 rioters, according to CNN Brasil.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/26/americas ... index.html

The only difference between Bolsonaro and Trump is that Brazil's high court wasn't as friendly to Bolsonaro as our Supreme Court has been to Trump. Oh, and Bolsonaro actually served in the military instead of hiding behind a convenient bone spur diagnosis.

Bolsonaro Threatens Democratic Rule: Harasses Supreme Court, Signals He May Cancel Elections, Violates Free Speech
9/15/21 wrote:President Jair Bolsonaro is threatening democratic rule in Brazil, Human Rights Watch said today on International Day of Democracy. He is pursuing campaigns to intimidate the Supreme Court, signaling that he may attempt to cancel the 2022 election or otherwise deny Brazilians the right to elect their leaders, and violating critics’ freedom of expression. On September 7, 2021, during speeches at rallies in Brasilia and São Paulo, President Bolsonaro attacked the Supreme Court and warned that Brazilians “could not permit” the existing electoral system to remain in place and that there “could not be elections that create doubts among voters,” citing unproven claims of electoral fraud. Congress had rejected a bill promoted by Bolsonaro to change electoral processes based on these claims. The recent speeches are part of the president’s pattern of actions and statements that appear designed to undermine fundamental rights, democratic institutions, and the rule of law in Brazil.

“President Bolsonaro, an apologist for Brazil’s abusive military dictatorship, is increasingly hostile to the democratic system of checks and balances,” said José Miguel Vivanco, Americas director at Human Rights Watch. “He is using a mixture of insults and threats to intimidate the Supreme Court, which is overseeing investigations into his conduct, and with his baseless claims of electoral fraud seems to be laying the groundwork to either try to cancel next year’s elections or contest the will of the people if he is not re-elected”

Brazil’s Supreme Court has become a key check on President Bolsonaro’s anti-human rights policies, such as his effort to effectively suspend the country’s access to information law. Instead of respecting the independence of the judicial system, the president has responded with insults and threats, Human Rights Watch said.

On September 7, President Bolsonaro said he would not abide by any decision by Supreme Court Justice Alexandre de Moraes. Justice Moraes oversees federal police investigations into whether the president illegally interfered with internal federal police appointments to further his personal interests, released a secret federal police document for political reasons, and spread false information about the electoral system. In his speech, President Bolsonaro told Justice Moraes to close those investigations and told the chief justice, Luiz Fux, without explaining, that if he doesn’t punish Justice Moraes, the justice system “can suffer something we don’t want to happen.” An additional ongoing investigation, authorized by another Supreme Court justice, examines whether President Bolsonaro committed malfeasance in connection with a case of alleged corruption in the purchase of Covid-19 vaccines.

On September 8, Chief Justice Fux responded that insulting justices and inciting non-compliance with judicial decisions “are anti-democratic, illegal, and intolerable practices.” Previously, President Bolsonaro had claimed, without providing any evidence, that the last two presidential elections were fraudulent, including his own election, in which he claimed he got more votes than the final tally showed. Since 1996, Brazil has used electronic voting machines, which are not connected to the internet. The Superior Electoral Tribunal has said there have been “no traces or proof of electoral fraud” since then. On September 9, the tribunal created a transparency commission made up of public bodies, civil society, and experts to monitor and audit upcoming elections.

On August 4, Supreme Court justice Moraes ordered an investigation into whether President Bolsonaro’s baseless electoral fraud claims constituted an offense, such as falsely accusing someone of committing a crime with electoral purposes or inciting the subversion of political and social order. The president threatened to respond with actions “not within the bounds of the Constitution.” He also petitioned the Senate to impeach Justice Moraes, the first time such a petition has been made since democracy was restored in Brazil in 1985. The Senate president rejected it.

President Bolsonaro often claims to defend “democracy,” but his statements raise questions about what he means by democracy, Human Rights Watch said. A former army captain, he is a defender of Brazil’s military dictatorship (1964-1985), which was marked by widespread torture and killings. He reinstated commemorations of the coup that inaugurated it, which his government has called “landmark of Brazilian democracy,” and has described a late colonel who directed one of the dictatorship’s torture centers “a national hero.” In April and May 2020, at a time when President Bolsonaro was attacking the Supreme Court, his supporters held rallies calling for a military regime and the closure of the Supreme Court and Congress.

In addition, President Bolsonaro has violated freedom of speech, which is vital for a healthy democracy. He has blocked critics on the social media accounts he uses to announce and discuss matters of public interest. His administration has sought prison sentences against at least 16 critics, including journalists, university professors, and politicians. Even though many of those cases have been closed without charges, those government actions send the message that criticizing the president can lead to persecution, Human Rights Watch said.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#102 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:57 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:14 pm
It's no surprise that Flock and Tucker Carlson have a thing for Jair Bolsonaro. He's right out of the Trump/Putin school of authoritarianism.
Bolsonaro faces a Brazilian Federal Police investigation into an alleged attempted coup plot to keep him in power after he lost the 2022 presidential election, his lawyer confirmed in early February. Several former ministers who served in Bolsonaro’s government are also being investigated and some of his aides have been arrested, according to CNN affiliate CNN Brasil.

Bolsonaro on Sunday insisted he is being persecuted, without directly mentioning the institutions handling the investigation, CNN Brasil reported. Last year, Bolsonaro was barred from running for political office until 2030 by the country’s highest electoral court for abusing his power and misusing public media during the 2022 election campaign.

After Bolsonaro lost the election by a narrow margin to leftist President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, his supporters rioted and broke into government buildings in Brasilia on January 8, 2023. Bolsonaro has denied inciting the violent attacks in the capital. On Sunday, Bolsonaro said Parliament should offer “amnesty for those poor people who are imprisoned in Brasília,” in reference to the January 8 rioters, according to CNN Brasil.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/26/americas ... index.html

The only difference between Bolsonaro and Trump is that Brazil's high court wasn't as friendly to Bolsonaro as our Supreme Court has been to Trump. Oh, and Bolsonaro actually served in the military instead of hiding behind a convenient bone spur diagnosis.

Bolsonaro Threatens Democratic Rule: Harasses Supreme Court, Signals He May Cancel Elections, Violates Free Speech
9/15/21 wrote:President Jair Bolsonaro is threatening democratic rule in Brazil, Human Rights Watch said today on International Day of Democracy. He is pursuing campaigns to intimidate the Supreme Court, signaling that he may attempt to cancel the 2022 election or otherwise deny Brazilians the right to elect their leaders, and violating critics’ freedom of expression. On September 7, 2021, during speeches at rallies in Brasilia and São Paulo, President Bolsonaro attacked the Supreme Court and warned that Brazilians “could not permit” the existing electoral system to remain in place and that there “could not be elections that create doubts among voters,” citing unproven claims of electoral fraud. Congress had rejected a bill promoted by Bolsonaro to change electoral processes based on these claims. The recent speeches are part of the president’s pattern of actions and statements that appear designed to undermine fundamental rights, democratic institutions, and the rule of law in Brazil.

“President Bolsonaro, an apologist for Brazil’s abusive military dictatorship, is increasingly hostile to the democratic system of checks and balances,” said José Miguel Vivanco, Americas director at Human Rights Watch. “He is using a mixture of insults and threats to intimidate the Supreme Court, which is overseeing investigations into his conduct, and with his baseless claims of electoral fraud seems to be laying the groundwork to either try to cancel next year’s elections or contest the will of the people if he is not re-elected”

Brazil’s Supreme Court has become a key check on President Bolsonaro’s anti-human rights policies, such as his effort to effectively suspend the country’s access to information law. Instead of respecting the independence of the judicial system, the president has responded with insults and threats, Human Rights Watch said.

On September 7, President Bolsonaro said he would not abide by any decision by Supreme Court Justice Alexandre de Moraes. Justice Moraes oversees federal police investigations into whether the president illegally interfered with internal federal police appointments to further his personal interests, released a secret federal police document for political reasons, and spread false information about the electoral system. In his speech, President Bolsonaro told Justice Moraes to close those investigations and told the chief justice, Luiz Fux, without explaining, that if he doesn’t punish Justice Moraes, the justice system “can suffer something we don’t want to happen.” An additional ongoing investigation, authorized by another Supreme Court justice, examines whether President Bolsonaro committed malfeasance in connection with a case of alleged corruption in the purchase of Covid-19 vaccines.

On September 8, Chief Justice Fux responded that insulting justices and inciting non-compliance with judicial decisions “are anti-democratic, illegal, and intolerable practices.” Previously, President Bolsonaro had claimed, without providing any evidence, that the last two presidential elections were fraudulent, including his own election, in which he claimed he got more votes than the final tally showed. Since 1996, Brazil has used electronic voting machines, which are not connected to the internet. The Superior Electoral Tribunal has said there have been “no traces or proof of electoral fraud” since then. On September 9, the tribunal created a transparency commission made up of public bodies, civil society, and experts to monitor and audit upcoming elections.

On August 4, Supreme Court justice Moraes ordered an investigation into whether President Bolsonaro’s baseless electoral fraud claims constituted an offense, such as falsely accusing someone of committing a crime with electoral purposes or inciting the subversion of political and social order. The president threatened to respond with actions “not within the bounds of the Constitution.” He also petitioned the Senate to impeach Justice Moraes, the first time such a petition has been made since democracy was restored in Brazil in 1985. The Senate president rejected it.

President Bolsonaro often claims to defend “democracy,” but his statements raise questions about what he means by democracy, Human Rights Watch said. A former army captain, he is a defender of Brazil’s military dictatorship (1964-1985), which was marked by widespread torture and killings. He reinstated commemorations of the coup that inaugurated it, which his government has called “landmark of Brazilian democracy,” and has described a late colonel who directed one of the dictatorship’s torture centers “a national hero.” In April and May 2020, at a time when President Bolsonaro was attacking the Supreme Court, his supporters held rallies calling for a military regime and the closure of the Supreme Court and Congress.

In addition, President Bolsonaro has violated freedom of speech, which is vital for a healthy democracy. He has blocked critics on the social media accounts he uses to announce and discuss matters of public interest. His administration has sought prison sentences against at least 16 critics, including journalists, university professors, and politicians. Even though many of those cases have been closed without charges, those government actions send the message that criticizing the president can lead to persecution, Human Rights Watch said.
Don't bother to watch and learn what is really happening. Just go to CNN.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#103 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:57 pm
Don't bother to watch and learn what is really happening. Just go to CNN.
Instead, we should listen to Tucker Carlson. His "guests" are President Bolsinaro's son and a "journalist" who is the grandson of the last Brazilian dictator. Here's more on that journalist. Apparently, the man that Tucker Carlson and Charlie Kirk call Brazil's most popular journalist is a failed businessman (and probable fraudster) with no journalistic credits other than his appearances on right-wing media in the United States.
A well-connected businessman in Brazil conceived the idea of a luxurious getaway in Rio de Janeiro bearing a world-famous name: Trump. After work began on the Trump Hotel Rio de Janeiro, the businessman, Paulo Figueiredo Filho, boasted about his access to Donald Trump, who was then a candidate for president. Mr Figueiredo, grandson of the last military dictator in the authoritarian government that ran Brazil from 1964 to 1985, displayed a picture of himself with Mr Trump at the Trump Tower in New York, both men flashing a thumbs-up sign.

And now, the Brazilian investors who backed the project are engulfed in a growing bribery scandal, and an international arrest warrant is expected to be issued for Mr Figueiredo. Federal police in Brazil this week arrested 13 entrepreneurs and bank executives charged with diverting public pension funds into two commercial projects, including the former Trump hotel, in exchange for bribes and illegal commissions. The other project was a sprawling office building in Brasília. Investigators did not implicate the Trump Organisation in the scheme. Authorities in Brazil said they are going to ask Interpol to issue an alert seeking the arrest of Mr Figueiredo, who is now living in the United States.

Mr Figueiredo, a young real estate mogul from Rio de Janeiro, was also on friendly terms with Flávio Bolsonaro, the eldest son of President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil. Flávio Bolsonaro, who has recently become the focus of a corruption investigation, shared a picture on social media calling Mr Figueiredo a “successful businessman with good sense and a highly qualified political vision.” The developers behind LSH Barra are now being charged with corruption, money laundering and crimes against the financial system. Current and former directors of the state-owned Banco de Brasília and intermediaries who facilitated fake receipts are also facing charges.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 57851.html

And how is Brazil doing under its new President? Not perfect, but better.
The administration led by Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has made important progress in the protection of the Amazon, women’s rights, and other rights during 2023, but has failed to tackle the chronic problem of police abuse or defend human rights consistently abroad, Human Rights Watch said today in releasing its World Report 2024.

“President Lula ends his first year in office with a mixed record on human rights,” said César Myñoz, acting Brazil director at Human Rights Watch. “He reversed some anti-rights policies of his predecessor, but significant challenges remain, including the use of excessive force by police, which disproportionately affects Black Brazilians, and a foreign policy that fails to promote human rights in a consistent manner.”
https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/01/11/bra ... first-year
Lula took office on Jan. 1, 2023, after a narrow victory over Bolsonaro in October 2022. At the beginning of his four-year term, only one fourth of Brazil’s Congress sided with him. Business and opposition leaders feared Lula had gone too far to the left. Former Finance Minister Paulo Guedes, among other conservatives, forecast Lula’s policies would make Brazil’s economy soon turn as sour as those in crisis-ridden Argentina and Venezuela. “Six months to become Argentina. One year and a half to become Venezuela,” Guedes said in an interview.

Fast forward to December. Brazil’s economy is set to grow 3% this year instead of the 0.6% expected by market economists. Inflation looks controlled at about 4.7% on a yearly basis, slightly above projections but far from the double digits of recent years. The unemployment rate fell to 7.5% in November, one percentage point below the day Bolsonaro left office. The Sao Paulo stock exchange hit record levels in December, rising above 134,000 points for the first time in its history. Brazil’s real currency is also rising against the U.S. dollar. All that brought back the optimistic, keen-to-travel-abroad Lula who had been missing during almost a decade of personal gloom.
https://apnews.com/article/lula-brazil- ... 5fb104b3f1
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#104 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:14 am

Fact checking the fact checkers.

CNN Fact Checker I think this is what happens when you ask so called "experts" for their opinions and assume what they tell you is a 'FACT'.

I looked for the actual rule on the Justice Dept website. Looks like it is 9-85.500. It actually wasn't difficult to find.

One of the first statements in the 'fact check' gets 5 pinnochio noses:
"Facts First: Trump’s claims are false. There is no Justice Department rule or regulation that says a candidate can’t be prosecuted during their election campaign, as three former federal prosecutors confirmed to CNN".
It is my opinion, and that of many others, that all of these persecutions were deliberately timed to be in effect at this time. They may not be able to schedule the judges, but the indictments can be coordinated with the anticipated schedule of the courts. And it looks very coincidental that they have been.

Now trollboy will dutifully tell me where I went wrong. Simpleton as I am, I must have missed something. Too easy. Must be too complicated for me to understand.

And me being me, that kind of makes me question the credibility of all the 'fact-checkers'. Not that I had any confidence in them to start with.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#105 Post by kroxquo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:14 am
Fact checking the fact checkers.

CNN Fact Checker I think this is what happens when you ask so called "experts" for their opinions and assume what they tell you is a 'FACT'.

I looked for the actual rule on the Justice Dept website. Looks like it is 9-85.500. It actually wasn't difficult to find.

One of the first statements in the 'fact check' gets 5 pinnochio noses:
"Facts First: Trump’s claims are false. There is no Justice Department rule or regulation that says a candidate can’t be prosecuted during their election campaign, as three former federal prosecutors confirmed to CNN".
It is my opinion, and that of many others, that all of these persecutions were deliberately timed to be in effect at this time. They may not be able to schedule the judges, but the indictments can be coordinated with the anticipated schedule of the courts. And it looks very coincidental that they have been.

Now trollboy will dutifully tell me where I went wrong. Simpleton as I am, I must have missed something. Too easy. Must be too complicated for me to understand.

And me being me, that kind of makes me question the credibility of all the 'fact-checkers'. Not that I had any confidence in them to start with.
Here is the full section of the statute you are referencing:

9-85.500 Actions that May Have an Impact on an Election

Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party. Such a purpose is inconsistent with the Department’s mission and with the Principles of Federal Prosecution. See § 9-27.260. Any action likely to raise an issue or the perception of an issue under this provision requires consultation with the Public Integrity Section, and such action shall not be taken if the Public Integrity Section advises that further consultation is required with the Deputy Attorney General or Attorney General.


This is intersting and thought provoking. I am not a lawyer, so I may not be as astute on this as I would like, but a couple things jump out at me -

* This only applies to Federal statutes, so it does not apply to the Georgia or New York cases.

* Did federal prosecutors consult with the Public Integrity Section and the AG

* Your premise is that it was the intention of the cases was to disrupt the election, rather than to prosecute someone who had broken the law. That is a matter of opinion and while you are entitled to yours, mine, and, I think,that of the majority of Americans is that it is not the case.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#106 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:56 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 pm
This is intersting and thought provoking. I am not a lawyer, so I may not be as astute on this as I would like, but a couple things jump out at me -

* This only applies to Federal statutes, so it does not apply to the Georgia or New York cases.
This came up in the Florida courtroom Friday. The Justice Department has interpreted this section to mean that they should not bring charges against a candidate during the last 60 days before an election. However, it does not apply to conducting a trial during that time. If you will note, Jack Smith and Fani Willis have tried to set the Trump cases for trial as quickly as possible. Trump's attorneys have been the ones delaying the proceedings.

These investigations have been ongoing well before Trump announced he was running for re-election. Trump's claims are like a person who shoots his parents and begs the court for mercy because he's an orphan.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 21647
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Let it speak for itself

#107 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:13 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 pm
Here is the full section of the statute you are referencing:

9-85.500 Actions that May Have an Impact on an Election

Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party. Such a purpose is inconsistent with the Department’s mission and with the Principles of Federal Prosecution. See § 9-27.260. Any action likely to raise an issue or the perception of an issue under this provision requires consultation with the Public Integrity Section, and such action shall not be taken if the Public Integrity Section advises that further consultation is required with the Deputy Attorney General or Attorney General.


This is intersting and thought provoking. I am not a lawyer, so I may not be as astute on this as I would like, but a couple things jump out at me -

* This only applies to Federal statutes, so it does not apply to the Georgia or New York cases.

* Did federal prosecutors consult with the Public Integrity Section and the AG

* Your premise is that it was the intention of the cases was to disrupt the election, rather than to prosecute someone who had broken the law. That is a matter of opinion and while you are entitled to yours, mine, and, I think,that of the majority of Americans is that it is not the case.
There's ample precedent for this. Ted Stevens was convicted eight days before Election Day and narrowly lost his re-election bid.

For those who don't remember, the case was prosecuted during the Bush Administration. (Stevens was a Republican.) The Obama Administration later determined that the case was infected with gross prosecutorial misconduct and successfully had the indictment dismissed. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#108 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:22 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:14 am
Fact checking the fact checkers.

CNN Fact Checker I think this is what happens when you ask so called "experts" for their opinions and assume what they tell you is a 'FACT'.

I looked for the actual rule on the Justice Dept website. Looks like it is 9-85.500. It actually wasn't difficult to find.

One of the first statements in the 'fact check' gets 5 pinnochio noses:
"Facts First: Trump’s claims are false. There is no Justice Department rule or regulation that says a candidate can’t be prosecuted during their election campaign, as three former federal prosecutors confirmed to CNN".
It is my opinion, and that of many others, that all of these persecutions were deliberately timed to be in effect at this time. They may not be able to schedule the judges, but the indictments can be coordinated with the anticipated schedule of the courts. And it looks very coincidental that they have been.

Now trollboy will dutifully tell me where I went wrong. Simpleton as I am, I must have missed something. Too easy. Must be too complicated for me to understand.

And me being me, that kind of makes me question the credibility of all the 'fact-checkers'. Not that I had any confidence in them to start with.
Here is the full section of the statute you are referencing:

9-85.500 Actions that May Have an Impact on an Election

Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party. Such a purpose is inconsistent with the Department’s mission and with the Principles of Federal Prosecution. See § 9-27.260. Any action likely to raise an issue or the perception of an issue under this provision requires consultation with the Public Integrity Section, and such action shall not be taken if the Public Integrity Section advises that further consultation is required with the Deputy Attorney General or Attorney General.


This is intersting and thought provoking. I am not a lawyer, so I may not be as astute on this as I would like, but a couple things jump out at me -

* This only applies to Federal statutes, so it does not apply to the Georgia or New York cases.

* Did federal prosecutors consult with the Public Integrity Section and the AG

* Your premise is that it was the intention of the cases was to disrupt the election, rather than to prosecute someone who had broken the law. That is a matter of opinion and while you are entitled to yours, mine, and, I think,that of the majority of Americans is that it is not the case.
My point was the credibility of the so-called "Fact Checkers", which is none. With a minor point of stating these cases could have all been scheduled separately in their own time period but happened 'coincidentally' to all be scheduled in a way to disrupt Trump's campaign as much as possible. So go ahead and argue your lawyer shit to your heart's content. Again, another case of injecting TDS where it is not relevant.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#109 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:28 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:14 am
Now trollboy will dutifully tell me where I went wrong. Simpleton as I am, I must have missed something. Too easy. Must be too complicated for me to understand.

And me being me, that kind of makes me question the credibility of all the 'fact-checkers'. Not that I had any confidence in them to start with.
As usual, the fact checkers are right and Flock is wrong. The section that Flock cited is not a statute. It is not a rule (which is a regulation adopted by a government agency that is enforceable under law). It is a guideline. As the manual explains in the very first section:
1-1.100 - Purpose

The Justice Manual contains publicly available Department of Justice (DOJ) policies and procedures.

1-1.200 - Authority

The Justice Manual provides internal DOJ guidance. It is not intended to, does not, and may not be relied upon to create any rights, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by any party in any matter civil or criminal. Nor are any limitations hereby placed on otherwise lawful litigation prerogatives of DOJ.
The delays in these cases have been engineered by Trump and his attorneys every single time.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#110 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 pm

Today in Georgia

"In the Atlanta area... somewhere... Start of their campaign? I can't find anywhere on the internet that even said where it was. I wonder why?

Overwhelming crowd

He could have done this anywhere. Why did he spend the money and resources to even go to Georgia?
He probably could have fit these people in his basement in Delaware. Even so, he was heckled by some in the crowd. He did apologize for the section of his SOTU speech where he got Laken (Lincoln) Riley's name wrong. (He wouldn't have even mentioned her if he wasn't prompted to by MTG). No, not for that. He apologized for calling her murderer 'illegal'. Probably just a stutter. You know, he's always been a stutterer.

----------------------------------------------

In Rome GA, Small town about 80 miles outside of Atlanta. With 3 days notice.

Many more outside.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#111 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 pm
(He wouldn't have even mentioned her if he wasn't prompted to by MTG).
Wrong as usual Flock. Biden was ready for Green to pull a stunt like this and he turned it into an opportunity to point out again what was in his immigration bill. He had the button ready for her or another Republican yahoo to make a scene so he could make his point.

And as for holding the rally in Atlanta, that's how you get coverage from all the local media, a lot more people than saw it in person.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 6293
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Let it speak for itself

#112 Post by jarnon » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:47 am

I beat Flock by a day.

On Friday Biden visited my grandkids’ school in Delaware County. I couldn’t get in to a Biden event in January, so they promised to invite me to the next one, and were true to their word. The room was surprisingly small; they could have fit in a much bigger crowd if they had used the auditorium. Dr. Biden spoke first, to hometown cheers. The President gave a good campaign speech, with the usual occasional stumbles. Then he stepped off the stage and made his way around the room.

Image

I’m the guy in the back in aviators, waiting my turn. By the time he got to me, C-SPAN had stopped filming and the loudspeaker said twice that the event was over and the President had to leave.

“Keep working to free the hostages and end the slaughter in Gaza.”
“I am.”
“Elizabeth Tsurkov, Princeton student trapped in Iraq.”
(exasperated look)
“Give ’em hell Joe!”
“That’s all I know how to do.”
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 6293
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Let it speak for itself

#113 Post by jarnon » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:26 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 pm
I respect Meryl Streep as probably the best actress of our generation. She has played so many different roles brilliantly with such complexity and nuance.
That being said, she and others of her profession need to stay out of the political arena. They are part of the reason that Trump got elected. We do not need or want lectures from them. She spent her acceptance speech for lifetime achievement last night showing us she is either a deliberate liar, completely uninformed or a useful idiot. Disappointing. Remember Alar?

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-tru ... isability/
Flock was adamant that Trump didn’t ridicule disabled reporter Serge Kovaleski. This time around there’s no longer any pretense.

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#114 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:06 pm

Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#115 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:02 pm

In two more weeks, Trump will be putting in a bunch of appearances in a courtroom that holds about 100 people.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#116 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 am

Flock was adamant that Trump didn’t ridicule disabled reporter Serge Kovaleski. This time around there’s no longer any pretense.
So the main takeaway from the clip you posted is that he mimicked biden's mumbling? I guess that is admitting that Joe Biden is impaired and by politically correct rules, and that is verboten. So I also assume that negates all the other true statements that Trump made. They can be ignored because of that mortal sin.

Here is the contrast between the two candidates for President.

In the MSM, Joe Biden is portrayed as 'Uncle Lunch Bucket Joe', when in actuality he has always been, throughout his way too long career, a mean-spirited, racist, ultra-partisan and incompetent political hack. He orchestrated the Clarence Thomas hearings. He supported Obama as a 'clean black man who could speak well'. How did he get so wealthy 'serving the public'? But don't ask yourself these questions. And don't even ponder the above example of what kind of people they actually are. To apologize to an accused murderer for using the 'wrong' but truthful adjective?

TDS is strong. It has many of you in it's insane grip.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#117 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 am
In the MSM, Joe Biden is portrayed as 'Uncle Lunch Bucket Joe', when in actuality he has always been, throughout his way too long career, a mean-spirited, racist, ultra-partisan and incompetent political hack.
It's amazing that you have a better insight into racist Joe than all the black people that he's fooled over the years.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#118 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:32 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 am
In the MSM, Joe Biden is portrayed as 'Uncle Lunch Bucket Joe', when in actuality he has always been, throughout his way too long career, a mean-spirited, racist, ultra-partisan and incompetent political hack.
It's amazing that you have a better insight into racist Joe than all the black people that he's fooled over the years.
Oh shit, I forgot to consult with you, who knows everything that is worth knowing about black people and culture.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 8664
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Let it speak for itself

#119 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:44 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:02 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 pm
(He wouldn't have even mentioned her if he wasn't prompted to by MTG).
Wrong as usual Flock. Biden was ready for Green to pull a stunt like this and he turned it into an opportunity to point out again what was in his immigration bill. He had the button ready for her or another Republican yahoo to make a scene so he could make his point.

And as for holding the rally in Atlanta, that's how you get coverage from all the local media, a lot more people than saw it in person.
Did he also plan ahead to get her name wrong?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#120 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:08 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:02 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 pm
(He wouldn't have even mentioned her if he wasn't prompted to by MTG).
Wrong as usual Flock. Biden was ready for Green to pull a stunt like this and he turned it into an opportunity to point out again what was in his immigration bill. He had the button ready for her or another Republican yahoo to make a scene so he could make his point.

And as for holding the rally in Atlanta, that's how you get coverage from all the local media, a lot more people than saw it in person.
A real man of the people.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#121 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:15 pm

One of the reasons biden opened the border.

Our election system is really fu**ed up.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#122 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:37 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:15 pm
One of the reasons biden opened the border.

Our election system is really fu**ed up.
You can blame that on the Founding Fathers. They put that in the Constitution and it will take a Constitutional amendment to change that.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 6293
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Let it speak for itself

#123 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:11 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:15 pm
One of the reasons Biden opened the border.

Our election system is really fu**ed up.
This has been controversial since the 18th century, when the Constitutional Convention decided to count everyone, including women and children who didn’t vote, in the census. Only Native Americans in independent tribes weren’t counted. Southern states wanted to count black slaves too, but the North countered that would give too much voting power to the South (like the argument we’re having today) and they compromised and counted slaves as 60%.
Elon Musk wrote:illegals are mostly in Democrat states
In 2016, California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and Maryland had 4,075,000 undocumented aliens, while 3,375,000 resided in Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. Who knows were they’ll be in 2030? I doubt this is a major policy consideration.

There are more effective ways to tip the electoral scales, like dividing a state that votes your way into two or three states. You can also play the long game and outlaw abortion and contraception.
Last edited by jarnon on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Let it speak for itself

#124 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:30 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:37 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:15 pm
One of the reasons biden opened the border.

Our election system is really fu**ed up.
You can blame that on the Founding Fathers. They put that in the Constitution and it will take a Constitutional amendment to change that.
No, once again you are completely ignorant of the point. That is one of the reasons why biden and the swamp insist on letting anyone and everyone into the country. To sway the electoral college. Even if they can't finagle a legal way of getting them to be able to vote. Not that that will stop them. Currently, the federal government has blocked any way of verifying a voter roll registration is from a citizen, and the motor voter laws pretty much register everyone and their pets. God knows how many ILLEGALS are on the voter rolls.

God you people are dense.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Let it speak for itself

#125 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:49 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:30 pm
That is one of the reasons why biden and the swamp insist on letting anyone and everyone into the country. To sway the electoral college.
Then people like Abbott and DeSantis are helping the cause by bussing all of them to Chicago and New York.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply