2008 Audition List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
slam

#51 Post by slam » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:22 am

Once again, I'll make my annual point about this list. To me there are at least two distinct classifications of people who have gotten the "happy" card. Those who had posted here before receiving one (possibly divided into long-term and short-term posters) and those who only posted here after receiving one. Of course, all are welcome and I look forward to hearing about their experiences. It's interesting (at least to me) that the 3 happy cards listed above have gone to 3 different types. Mikehardware has certainly been around a long time. LoudmouthLee posted asking for advice before auditioning and clem21 showed up after receiving a happy card.

In any event, congratulations to all and good luck to all in actually getting to the Hot Seat.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

2008 Audition List

#52 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 am

Autumn2, auditioned April 30, passed written test
Hotseat or Bust!, auditioned April 30, :(, auditioned May 27, passed written test
goongas, auditioned May 1, :(
LoudmouthLee, auditioned April 30, :x, auditioned May 7, :)
slam, auditioned May 13, :(
mikehardware, auditioned May 15, :)
clem21, auditioned May 15, :)
ladysoleil, auditioning May 21
Peggles, auditioned May 21, passed written test
ron155, auditioning June 14
gsabc, auditioning June 16
NellyLunatic1980, auditioning June 27
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ladysoleil

#53 Post by ladysoleil » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Just an update- I've been either locked in a jury room or traveling. (sigh)

I did miss my audition on the 21st and am rescheduled for the 16th. :)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

2008 Audition List

#54 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Hotseat or Bust!, auditioned April 30, :(, auditioned May 27, passed written test
ladysoleil, auditioning June 16
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#55 Post by sunflower » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Not to give false hope...but I never did get a card, still haven't gotten one, so not getting a card doesn't necessarily mean no call.

I did get my check on Saturday though, and I'll take that over the card any day! 8)

dodgersteve182

#56 Post by dodgersteve182 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Wow! The bored is raking in at aro und 50%. On a record pace, keep it up!!! :D

Peggles

I need information

#57 Post by Peggles » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:28 pm

I passed the test on May 21. This Wednesday (June 11) will be three weeks, and no postcard yet. Does anyone know whether this is good or bad? What should I do if I do not receive any postcard?

Thanks for any ideas you share.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: I need information

#58 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Peggles wrote:I passed the test on May 21. This Wednesday (June 11) will be three weeks, and no postcard yet. Does anyone know whether this is good or bad? What should I do if I do not receive any postcard?

If and until they say "no," the decision -- at the very least -- is a "maybe." Some people have been called before any postcard has arrived. Some postcards probably have been lost because they were mixed up in the mail with catalogs or WalMart flyers.

In other words, don't try to read too much into it, but you are entitled to remain hopeful.

We will remain hopeful with you. :)

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#59 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:38 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Peggles wrote:I passed the test on May 21. This Wednesday (June 11) will be three weeks, and no postcard yet. Does anyone know whether this is good or bad? What should I do if I do not receive any postcard?

Unless and until they say "no," the decision -- at the very least -- is a "maybe." Some people have been called before any postcard has arrived. Some postcards probably have been lost because they were mixed up in the mail with catalogs or WalMart flyers.

In other words, don't try to read too much into it, but you are entitled to remain hopeful.

Sou iu koto de.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#60 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:52 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:

Unless and until they say "no," the decision -- at the very least -- is a "maybe." Some people have been called before any postcard has arrived. Some postcards probably have been lost because they were mixed up in the mail with catalogs or WalMart flyers.

Now that was truly gratuitous.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#61 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:10 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Now that was truly gratuitous.
Probably. I don't know what Annie was thinking. Still, I don't see how her posts could be considered as gratuitous, since her posts don't get counted.

It's all a mystery to me.

Ah, I see now. She edited me. The nerve!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#62 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:29 pm

I've heard all the excuses now, but blaming it on a poor, defenseless dog??
I've never!!

8)
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Peggles

#63 Post by Peggles » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:50 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:

Thank you.

I'm totally confused by the post after yours from Annie(?)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#64 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Peggles wrote:
AnnieCamaro wrote:
silvercamaro wrote: Unless and until they say "no," the decision -- at the very least -- is a "maybe." Some people have been called before any postcard has arrived. Some postcards probably have been lost because they were mixed up in the mail with catalogs or WalMart flyers.

Thank you.

I'm totally confused by the post after yours from Annie(?)
What do you expect from a poor defenseless dog?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

2008 Audition List

#65 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:11 pm

shade, auditioned June 10, passed written test
Last edited by Bob78164 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

2008 Audition List

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:58 pm

frogman042, auditioned April 29, :)
Last edited by Bob78164 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peggles

#67 Post by Peggles » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 pm

This past Wednesday, June 11, marks 3 weeks since my audition. I have not received a postcard - happy or otherwise. Has this happened to anyone else? If there is no card in Saturday's mail, I plan to email the audition folks on Monday. Good idea? I'd appreciate input from fellow posters. Thanks.

TheConfessor

#68 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Peggles wrote:This past Wednesday, June 11, marks 3 weeks since my audition. I have not received a postcard - happy or otherwise. Has this happened to anyone else? If there is no card in Saturday's mail, I plan to email the audition folks on Monday. Good idea? I'd appreciate input from fellow posters. Thanks.
Bad idea. By contacting them to ask why you haven't received a card, you are essentially telling them that they are not doing their job well. Even if that's true, it will not endear you to them to hear it from you. You will also be identifying yourself as a "difficult" contestant, which they will be grateful to know, since it will make their decision much easier about what kind of card to send you.

Waiting three weeks is absolutely normal. It is now out of your hands. What will happen will happen, most likely within the next few weeks. If your contact information has changed, it is valid to e-mail them with an update. Otherwise, any contact from you would probably not be viewed favorably.

Buffacuse

#69 Post by Buffacuse » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Buffalo is absolutely devastated by this--he was one of us who made it to the top but never turned his back on the city or his people.

As for some of the other comments made about Russert and the quality of his journalism--I found him to be brilliant, articulate, possessing a laser-like ability to cut through the bs, and often incredibly funny. I also was drawn to his love of his family, hometown, religion and job. What's not to like?

Peggles

#70 Post by Peggles » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:22 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
Peggles wrote:This past Wednesday, June 11, marks 3 weeks since my audition. I have not received a postcard - happy or otherwise. Has this happened to anyone else? If there is no card in Saturday's mail, I plan to email the audition folks on Monday. Good idea? I'd appreciate input from fellow posters. Thanks.
Bad idea. By contacting them to ask why you haven't received a card, you are essentially telling them that they are not doing their job well. Even if that's true, it will not endear you to them to hear it from you. You will also be identifying yourself as a "difficult" contestant, which they will be grateful to know, since it will make their decision much easier about what kind of card to send you.

Waiting three weeks is absolutely normal. It is now out of your hands. What will happen will happen, most likely within the next few weeks. If your contact information has changed, it is valid to e-mail them with an update. Otherwise, any contact from you would probably not be viewed favorably.
Thank you. I totally did not see the point you made so well. I'll just hang in, hoping that I would have received the "happy" card, and that I might receive an awesome phone call in the future.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#71 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:44 pm

Peggles wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:

Thank you. I totally did not see the point you made so well. I'll just hang in, hoping that I would have received the "happy" card, and that I might receive an awesome phone call in the future.
I will second the confessor's post. They may have screwed up but there is nothing to do about it. Though the thought about sending an update if some contact information has changed is a good one.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

Re: 2008 Audition List

#72 Post by frogman042 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:58 am

Bob78164 wrote:frogman042, auditioned April 29, :)
Bob,

Is there comparable lists from previous years - do you update them when folks get the call to taped as well as when their taping and air dates are? If so, I would love to see them - are they archived either on this board or somewhere else - my cursory searches so far have come up empty handed.

Thanks.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#73 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:22 am

frogman042 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:frogman042, auditioned April 29, :)
Bob,

Is there comparable lists from previous years - do you update them when folks get the call to taped as well as when their taping and air dates are? If so, I would love to see them - are they archived either on this board or somewhere else - my cursory searches so far have come up empty handed.

Thanks.
Alas, we lost them when our previous incarnation went down. I update them with taping dates but not air dates. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

2008 Audition List

#74 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:27 am

frogman042, auditioned April 29, :)
kittenfeet, auditioning June 25
Last edited by Bob78164 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#75 Post by frogman042 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:38 am

Bob78164 wrote:Alas, we lost them when our previous incarnation went down. I update them with taping dates but not air dates. --Bob
Thanks... BTW do you have a sense of at least how many in the past who get the :D card get the call to be taped (rough %?) - is there any difference between local contestants (NYC environs) and those that have to travel longer distances? I'm still trying to get a sense of my odds in getting the call - great, good, even money (50/50) or low (< 25%) - any sense of the total # of contestents used a year and the size of the pool?

Thanks again!