WWTBAM Video Clips - New Home

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
takinover

WWTBAM Video Clips - New Home

#1 Post by takinover » Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 pm

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Tue May 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Most excellent!

thguy65

#3 Post by thguy65 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Great!

Someone in charge should make this a Sticky!
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

TheConfessor

#4 Post by TheConfessor » Wed May 14, 2008 12:12 am

thguy65 wrote:Great!

Someone in charge should make this a Sticky!
"Someone" just did. Thanks for your efforts, takinover. This is good stuff!

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed May 14, 2008 5:12 am

Outstanding! Wasn't there a project at one time to get everyone's (or as many as could) appearances on BAM on DVD? Whatever happened to that?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

themanintheseersuckersuit

#6 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 am

Thanks for doing this.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Wed May 14, 2008 9:35 am

Wow. I've gotta spend some time watching all the BB performances I've missed. Thank you, tko!!
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

trevor_macfee

Thank You!

#8 Post by trevor_macfee » Wed May 14, 2008 10:28 am

Thank you for doing this!

There was a time when people who missed me on WWTBAM would ask me about it, and I directed them to the old site.

Now with my J! appearance coming up soon, people are once again asking about WWTBAM 5 years ago. Now I can point them to the new site. Including my Uncle who keeps asking me to send him a tape - now I can just send him the URL.

Thank you.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 14, 2008 11:18 am

Thank you Weldon! I can't tell you how many times I have given people links to Maddie's game on your old site.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 14, 2008 12:10 pm

earendel wrote:Outstanding! Wasn't there a project at one time to get everyone's (or as many as could) appearances on BAM on DVD? Whatever happened to that?
Timsterino was going to work on that. I don't recall what happened with that project.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#11 Post by Rexer25 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm

tko

Thanks.

Outstanding job.

A reference that will be used over and over again.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

takinover

#12 Post by takinover » Thu May 15, 2008 1:04 am

I will leave them there for now. But I want something that will allow a fullscreen view.

kusch

#13 Post by kusch » Thu May 15, 2008 9:17 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:Outstanding! Wasn't there a project at one time to get everyone's (or as many as could) appearances on BAM on DVD? Whatever happened to that?
Timsterino was going to work on that. I don't recall what happened with that project.
Finished and I got mine. It has been quite sometime since I viewed the DVD and I do not remember everyone that is on it.

earendel

#14 Post by earendel » Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 am

kusch wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Finished and I got mine. It has been quite sometime since I viewed the DVD and I do not remember everyone that is on it.
I just wondered if tko could take the DVD and post those appearences to the same Web site.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#15 Post by silvercamaro » Thu May 15, 2008 9:32 am

kusch wrote:
Tim's DVD included BB appearances from the first two seasons (with perhaps part of the third year.) He had gathered up tapes to do a second DVD, but real life intervened, and he couldn't spare the time to finish another.

earendel

#16 Post by earendel » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 am

silvercamaro wrote:
kusch wrote:
Tim's DVD included BB appearances from the first two seasons (with perhaps part of the third year.) He had gathered up tapes to do a second DVD, but real life intervened, and he couldn't spare the time to finish another.
I don't think I was included in his compilation. :cry:

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#17 Post by silvercamaro » Thu May 15, 2008 9:47 am

earendel wrote:
I don't think I was included in his compilation. :cry:
I wasn't either. I don't remember who was on the DVD or if I even have a copy, but I know my earliest appearance (in the RoF only) didn't make the cut.

geoffil

#18 Post by geoffil » Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am

Beaucoup Mercis!

Thanks for a taking the time to do this for us.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Thanks so much, TKO, for doing this.

I'm thinking that at some point (maybe in a month or so), to avoid having too many stickies here, we should eventually move this thread to the Suggestion Box forum, where lb currently keeps the gusgerbils list. We can transition it by leaving a shadow thread here for a while (or even de-stickifying it and leaving the shadow thread here permanently). --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#20 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Thanks so much, TKO, for doing this.

I'm thinking that at some point (maybe in a month or so), to avoid having too many stickies here, we should eventually move this thread to the Suggestion Box forum, where lb currently keeps the gusgerbils list. We can transition it by leaving a shadow thread here for a while (or even de-stickifying it and leaving the shadow thread here permanently). --Bob
Hmmm. The Suggestion Box doesn't seem like a logical place to archive such things. Perhaps we can borrow an idea from another forum I read. They keep one sticky "Reference Thread" in which they have links to various other helpful threads that are no longer stickied. We could do the same for the gusgerbils lists, old audition lists, FAQs and whatever else deserves special note for reference purposes.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#21 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:33 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:

Hmmm. The Suggestion Box doesn't seem like a logical place to archive such things. Perhaps we can borrow an idea from another forum I read. They keep one sticky "Reference Thread" in which they have links to various other helpful threads that are no longer stickied. We could do the same for the gusgerbils lists, old audition lists, FAQs and whatever else deserves special note for reference purposes.

At the time I put the special lists over in the Suggestion Box forum, I thought of creating a fifth forum for keeping reference stuff like this, but I figured it was just as well to use the little used existing subforum since I'm not particularly fond of adding yet another subforum since I was against the idea of subfora in the first place.... however, if enough people think it would be a good idea to add a special Reference Forum, I'll do it (I believe I have that power in my Admin toolbox)....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#22 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

At the time I put the special lists over in the Suggestion Box forum, I thought of creating a fifth forum for keeping reference stuff like this, but I figured it was just as well to use the little used existing subforum since I'm not particularly fond of adding yet another subforum since I was against the idea of subfora in the first place.... however, if enough people think it would be a good idea to add a special Reference Forum, I'll do it (I believe I have that power in my Admin toolbox)....
What I was suggesting wasn't creating another forum, just posting one sticky "Reference Thread" in the regular Bored Posts forum, which in turn can be linked to lots of other unstickied threads.