The quest for 62

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

The quest for 62

#1 Post by Vandal » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:00 pm

Yankees slugger Aaron Judge currently sits at 59 homers and is on track to break the AL record of 61 held by Roger Maris. The Yankees have 16 remaining games as of today.

Personally, I hope he gets it. He’s a likable player who is on an unworldly tear. It’ll be good for the game since he appears to be a non-steroid guy, unlike the Nl members of the 60+ homer club.

Judge is also in the running for the Triple Crown (batting average, RBIs and HRs) and may just do it.

Then, since I’m a Red Sox fan, I hope the Yankees get swept in the playoffs.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

Re: The quest for 62

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:18 pm

Vandal wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:00 pm
Personally, I hope he gets it. He’s a likable player who is on an unworldly tear. It’ll be good for the game since he appears to be a non-steroid guy, unlike the Nl members of the 60+ homer club.
Judge has two games at home against Pittsburgh, followed by four against the Red Sox this weekend. The last time Judge faced the Red Sox, he hit two home runs in one game in Fenway Park. So there's a decent chance he ties or breaks the record this weekend.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:37 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:18 pm
Vandal wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:00 pm
Judge has two games at home against Pittsburgh, followed by four against the Red Sox this weekend. The last time Judge faced the Red Sox, he hit two home runs in one game in Fenway Park. So there's a decent chance he ties or breaks the record this weekend.
He'll be early. 60. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 pm

I was wrong about him being early, but he did it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:28 pm

The last few games, teams were pitching around Judge like crazy. In one game, Toronto pitchers walked him four times, the only four walks they issued in the game. But going into the series against Texas, the Rangers said they would pitch him straight up and they did.

And a reminder that Roger Maris didn't break Babe Ruth's record until the Yankees' last game of the season. Judge did it one game earlier.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:33 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:28 pm
The last few games, teams were pitching around Judge like crazy. In one game, Toronto pitchers walked him four times, the only four walks they issued in the game. But going into the series against Texas, the Rangers said they would pitch him straight up and they did.

And a reminder that Roger Maris didn't break Babe Ruth's record until the Yankees' last game of the season. Judge did it one game earlier.
He was getting a lot of walks, but a lot of them were coming on full counts. Pitchers were throwing him strikes. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:51 pm

Unless he enters the game today as a pinch hitter, Judge won't be extending his record. He's sitting out this meaningless game (which is a smart move considering the Yankees played a doubleheader yesterday). I'm sure if he hadn't homered yesterday, though, he'd be in today's lineup.