First Place!! (NFL Edition)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

First Place!! (NFL Edition)

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:41 pm

I know this probably won't age well, but I've been waiting six years for this moment. The New York Giants defeated last year's #1 AFC playoff seed, the Tennessee Titans, by a 21-20 score to move into a tie for first place in the NFC East. Considering that the Giants have started 0-2 or worse the last five years, this is a major accomplishment for first-year coach Brian Daboll.

And to make things even better, the Dallas Cowboys are in last place all by themselves, after looking completely pathetic against some mediocre team.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: First Place!! (NFL Edition)

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:04 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:41 pm
I know this probably won't age well, but I've been waiting six years for this moment. The New York Giants defeated last year's #1 AFC playoff seed, the Tennessee Titans, by a 21-20 score to move into a tie for first place in the NFC East. Considering that the Giants have started 0-2 or worse the last five years, this is a major accomplishment for first-year coach Brian Daboll.

And to make things even better, the Dallas Cowboys are in last place all by themselves, after looking completely pathetic against some mediocre team.
I gotta say, Daboll showed some serious nerve at the end of that game. After scoring a touchdown with about a minute left to bring the Giants to within 20-19, he had the team go for the 2-point conversion. They got it, and won the game when the Titans missed a 46-yard field goal as time expired.

But to be clear, I don't start the baseball version of the thread until play finishes on a day with the Mets in undisputed possession of first place. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson