An Epitaph for Global Warming Hysteria

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: An Epitaph for Global Warming Hysteria

#401 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:13 am

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#402 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:35 am

Liz Truss may be a Conservative, but she's not conserving much.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#403 Post by Spock » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:52 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 am
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:28 pm
Isn't that supposed to be under water by now?
Considering what's going on in Kentucky and California right now, not to mention the worldwide temperature records we've had in the last month, it's hard to believe anyone is seriously keeping this thread going.
What was the temp in California in the summer of 1641?

Bob Juch

#404 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:19 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:52 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 am
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:28 pm

Isn't that supposed to be under water by now?
Considering what's going on in Kentucky and California right now, not to mention the worldwide temperature records we've had in the last month, it's hard to believe anyone is seriously keeping this thread going.
What was the temp in California in the summer of 1641?
Do you want the average of every point in California for every date?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

#405 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:35 am
Liz Truss may be a Conservative, but she's not conserving much.
I guess her fellow citizens don’t count in your mind.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

#406 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:42 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

#407 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:06 am

Suitguy is not bitter.

#408 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:22 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#409 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:56 pm

Monday was the planet's hottest day (measured by average planetary temperature) in at least the last 125,000 years.

That record lasted one day. Tuesday was warmer still. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#410 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:07 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heat_waves

Tell me again about previous heatwaves.
Well, then

BackInTex

#411 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:50 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:56 pm
Monday was the planet's hottest day (measured by average planetary temperature) in at least the last 125,000 years.

That record lasted one day. Tuesday was warmer still. --Bob

The Earths temperature has been changing ever since it was created. It goes up. It goes down. Whatever caused it to be so hot on July 3rd, 122,977 BC was not man made. Neither was Monday’s heat.

Of course they don’t really have a clue what the temperature was back then, but why question the “science” now? You’ll believe anything Bill Nye says.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

#412 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:25 pm

If you don’t believe the climate changed before 1850 you are a Flat Climateer
Suitguy is not bitter.

#413 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:28 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#414 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:38 pm

Please explain if sun was blocked in part.🤪
Well, then

The Spotless Sun
Merry Man

#415 Post by The Spotless Sun » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 pm

Has anybody noticed I’m gone?
I'm in a preemptive denial phase

flockofseagulls104

#416 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:53 pm

I enjoy being lectured to about science by people who believe males can give birth.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#417 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:47 pm

Having fun in the sun here.
Well, then

BackInTex

#418 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:04 am

It’s not climate change that’s causing heat waves this summer
81% of the weather stations used in NOAA’s database reported that since 1948 there has been "either a decrease or no change in the number of unusually hot days."
According to NOAA, huge swaths of the United States have experienced a significant decrease in abnormally hot days recorded since 1948, especially in the Midwest and northern and eastern Texas.

Although it’s true that some parts of the United States have seen the number of hotter-than-usual days increase over the past 70 years — including in California and the New York metropolitan area, both of which happen to be areas where a large number of media outlets are located — most weather stations have shown no meaningful changes or even declines.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#419 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:34 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:04 am
It’s not climate change that’s causing heat waves this summer
81% of the weather stations used in NOAA’s database reported that since 1948 there has been "either a decrease or no change in the number of unusually hot days."
According to NOAA, huge swaths of the United States have experienced a significant decrease in abnormally hot days recorded since 1948, especially in the Midwest and northern and eastern Texas.

Although it’s true that some parts of the United States have seen the number of hotter-than-usual days increase over the past 70 years — including in California and the New York metropolitan area, both of which happen to be areas where a large number of media outlets are located — most weather stations have shown no meaningful changes or even declines.
I'll make you a bet. You pick five American locations. I'll pick five. Urban, suburban, rural, or any combination. Just make sure they have temperature records going back to 1890.

You score 1 point each time (a) there's a record low for the date, or (b) the high temperature for the date is a record low for the date. (If both happen on the same day, it's two points.) I score 1 point each time (a) there's a record high for the date, or (b) the low temperature for the date is a record high for the date. (If both happen on the same day, it's two points.)

We add up the scores after five years. Most points wins.

Shall we say $1000? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#420 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:48 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:34 am
I'll make you a bet. You pick five American locations. I'll pick five. Urban, suburban, rural, or any combination. Just make sure they have temperature records going back to 1890.

You score 1 point each time (a) there's a record low for the date, or (b) the high temperature for the date is a record low for the date. (If both happen on the same day, it's two points.) I score 1 point each time (a) there's a record high for the date, or (b) the low temperature for the date is a record high for the date. (If both happen on the same day, it's two points.)

First, we'd have to eliminate urban areas that have seen growth more than 10% since 1890. No one would logically argue against uban areas creating excess heat due to asphalt/concrete, glass building reflecting the sun, and thermal release from building HVACs, and just general density of energy use.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#421 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:48 am
First, we'd have to eliminate urban areas that have seen growth more than 10% since 1890. No one would logically argue against uban areas creating excess heat due to asphalt/concrete, glass building reflecting the sun, and thermal release from building HVACs, and just general density of energy use.
The reason that heat waves in the 1930s were worse is because of poor land management methods made worse by a large number of farm failures. Without crops in place to help keep the soil moist, much of the midwest became desert-like meaning that it took thermal energy to heat the atmosphere. That's why the hottest parts of the world have always been arid deserts rather than tropical rain forests that are closer to the equator.

And the fatality rates during those heat waves were worse than today because there was little or no air conditioning to keep people cooler in those conditions.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#422 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

So you want to eliminate all urban areas.

Fine. The results will be the same limited to rural areas, as long as the data exists for those areas. --Bob

Bob Juch

#423 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:44 pm

July has been so hot thus far that scientists calculate that this month will be the hottest globally on record and likely the warmest human civilization has seen.

https://abc7ny.com/july-hottest-month-r ... /13557352/

wbtravis007

#424 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Well, you’re not taking into account all of the cool air coming out of the houses when kids leave the door open. That’s going to tend to bring down city temps quite a bit according to my parents. Can’t tell you how many times I was yelled at growing up in Houston for trying to air-condition the whole neighborhood.

In or out!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#425 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:04 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:27 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Well, you’re not taking into account all of the cool air coming out of the houses when kids leave the door open. That’s going to tend to bring down city temps quite a bit according to my parents. Can’t tell you how many times I was yelled at growing up in Houston for trying to air-condition the whole neighborhood.

In or out!
Now that's funny
Well, then