Donny needs to go to jail

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Donny needs to go to jail

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:39 pm

The affidavit disclosed that Donny brought to Mar-a-Lago documents with HCS, NOFORN markings. HCS markings mean the information comes from foreign spies. NOFORN markings mean that the information can't be provided to foreign nationals. In other words, Donny kept in unsecured locations information with the potential of betraying people spying for this country.

And a Russian-speaking woman named Inna Yashchyshyn lied her way into Mar-a-Lago last year by pretending to be an heiress of the Rothschild family. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

Re: Donny needs to go to jail

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:39 pm
The affidavit disclosed that Donny brought to Mar-a-Lago documents with HCS, NOFORN markings. HCS markings mean the information comes from foreign spies. NOFORN markings mean that the information can't be provided to foreign nationals. In other words, Donny kept in unsecured locations information with the potential of betraying people spying for this country.

And a Russian-speaking woman named Inna Yashchyshyn lied her way into Mar-a-Lago last year by pretending to be an heiress of the Rothschild family. --Bob
What is the crime Bob?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:05 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

What is the crime Bob?
Violation of the Espionage Act; namely, unauthorized retention of national security information potentially harmful to national security. Note, by the way, that classification is irrelevant to the statute.

Donny kept without authority documents that reveal sources and methods. And we know that the storage was unsecure because a foreign national successfully lied to get access to the property. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:55 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:05 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

What is the crime Bob?
Violation of the Espionage Act; namely, unauthorized retention of national security information potentially harmful to national security. Note, by the way, that classification is irrelevant to the statute.

Donny kept without authority documents that reveal sources and methods. And we know that the storage was unsecure because a foreign national successfully lied to get access to the property. --Bob
We don't need a trial Bob? All the stuff you've read or seen is deemed true?

Oh, I can give a false name to walk in my bank but I still can't get to the money in the safe.

I really do feel sorry for you.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:13 pm

If you're an above average lawyer you may administer justice without those pesky legal proceedings.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:14 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:13 pm
If you're an above average lawyer you may administer justice without those pesky legal proceedings.
Which of these facts do you think the government will be unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, given that they now have the documents that Donny was keeping at home? --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:14 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:13 pm
Which of these facts do you think the government will be unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, given that they now have the documents that Donny was keeping at home? --Bob
Oh Bob.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:34 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 pm
Oh, I can give a false name to walk in my bank but I still can't get to the money in the safe.

Some of these documents were so sensitive they were only allowed to opened in SCIFs (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). That's a lot more secure than the storage lockers at Mar-a-Lago, even if there was a lock on the safe. Here's an article about the precautions involved in setting up and limiting access to a SCIF.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... it-n743991

We don't know if any of this information got into the hands of foreign governments. They aren't about to broadcast the fact that know what's in the documents. But it's a good bet our allies will be less likely to share this type of information with us in the future, if for no other reason the fact that Trump might again become President and have access to it all over again.

BiT is right that we do need a trial. But the case against Trump pretty much speaks for itself as it is. Any other evidence we don't know like showing unauthorized people with access to those rooms can only make things worse.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:34 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Some of these documents were so sensitive they were only allowed to opened in SCIFs (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). That's a lot more secure than the storage lockers at Mar-a-Lago, even if there was a lock on the safe. Here's an article about the precautions involved in setting up and limiting access to a SCIF.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... it-n743991

We don't know if any of this information got into the hands of foreign governments. They aren't about to broadcast the fact that know what's in the documents. But it's a good bet our allies will be less likely to share this type of information with us in the future, if for no other reason the fact that Trump might again become President and have access to it all over again.

BiT is right that we do need a trial. But the case against Trump pretty much speaks for itself as it is. Any other evidence we don't know like showing unauthorized people with access to those rooms can only make things worse.
You and Bob are as confident as you were when Trump was colluding with Russia, messing with Ukraine, or ordering folks to storm the Capitol. That good news for Trump.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#10 Post by Spock » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:01 pm

Bob and SSS>>>"We are living our lives filled with hatred and bitterness in the hope that President Trump goes to jail. It has been our firm conviction for years out of our lives that he will go to jail for something. We post repeatedly on a very obscure internet message board that the Republican party has been taken over by Trump people and we feel very superior to any Trump supporters anywhere. All we can think about in the political sphere is Trump and his supporters."

Trump's Supporters (as personified by Wyoming Republican Primary Voters) >>>>"That's nice. We don't think about you 2 at all."<<<<<<<<<<<<

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:22 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:01 pm
Trump's Supporters (as personified by Wyoming Republican Primary Voters) >>>>"That's nice. We don't think about you 2 at all."<<<<<<<<<<<<
There's a lot more people who feel the same way about Trump that Bob and I do. They won't make much of a difference in Wyoming, but check the results in other states on November 8.

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:42 pm

Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:22 pm
Spock wrote:
There's a lot more people who feel the same way about Trump that Bob and I do. They won't make much of a difference in Wyoming, but check the results in other states on November 8.
Mmkay, let's.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:34 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:42 pm
Spock wrote:
Mmkay, let's.
Y’all just go on trying to make excuses for this behavior. Whether or not it’s a crime (spoiler alert — knowingly mishandling national defense information is a crime whether it’s classified or not), Donny’s conduct unquestionably placed at risk people who are quite literally risking their lives for our country.

Most of America sees this quite clearly. And we’re making our own judgment of the patriotism of those who continue to make excuses for Donny. —Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#14 Post by Estonut » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:08 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:34 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Mmkay, let's.
Y’all just go on trying to make excuses for this behavior. Whether or not it’s a crime (spoiler alert — knowingly mishandling national defense information is a crime whether it’s classified or not), Donny’s conduct unquestionably placed at risk people who are quite literally risking their lives for our country.

Most of America sees this quite clearly. And we’re making our own judgment of the patriotism of those who continue to make excuses for Donny. —Bob
Did your extensive research prior to commenting not reveal that he did not pack those boxes himself, nor is there any evidence that he has looked at them or knows what was in them?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:00 am

Estonut wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:08 am
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Mmkay, let's.

Did your extensive research prior to commenting not reveal that he did not pack those boxes himself, nor is there any evidence that he has looked at them or knows what was in them?
He shouldn't have had them. Period.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

kroxquo

#16 Post by kroxquo » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:34 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Mmkay, let's.

A good leader takes responsibility for the actions of his subordinates. If he didn't know what was in the papers, he should have.

I found an article in Inc. magazine from 2017 on four traits of a good leader. The 45th President fails each one.

https://www.inc.com/ron-gibori/great-le ... redit.html
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Weyoun

#17 Post by Weyoun » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:29 am

I think the question of whether not the ex president should go to jail is a difficult one, because it would set off a bunch of nut jobs and cause the country a lot of harm.

However, it’s completely wild to me that the usual suspects here are aware of this information and the danger it could post our country, and they don’t seem to think it’s a big deal at all. There’s not even a counter argument.

If Trump handed a nuclear codes over to Putin, these clowns would say that’s OK, because the information is being reported by CNN. Strike you as a stupid response? It is, but their response it is.

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:07 am

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:29 am
I think the question of whether not the ex president should go to jail is a difficult one, because it would set off a bunch of nut jobs and cause the country a lot of harm.
I'm also worried that if Trump is arrested, that may set off some of his supporters. The judge who signed off on the search warrant received so many death threats they had to cancel Friday night services at his synagogue. Who know what would happen to the judge and jurors at Trump's trial? And I'm very worried that if the midterm elections don't go the way they want, we're going to have widespread violence.

But refusing to arrest or indict Trump for this reason is akin to refusing to arrest a mob boss because they're afraid of retaliation. There are dozens of people in jail for doing far less with far fewer and far less serious documents than the ones Trump took.

And in regard to Esto's comment, Trump's actions throughout this (including his handwritten notes on various of the classified documents) indicate an awareness of what he had, even though he obviously didn't pack or unpack several dozen boxes. And the fact that the FBI knew exactly where to search indicates that other people who tipped them off were very aware of the contents of those documents.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:23 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Mmkay, let's.

Try sourcing this claim. You'll find there's lots of evidence he knew they contained presidential records that belonged to the government. And since his stated justification for keeping the documents was so he could use them to write his fucking memoirs, all you're doing is showing yourself to be just as much in the tank for Donny as the rest of what remains of the Republican Party.

Donny put sources and methods at risk. That's indisputable. Either you care or you don't. But if you don't, you need to explicitly retract everything you've ever said about Hillary's e-mails. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:28 am

Weyoun wrote:

However, it’s completely wild to me that the usual suspects here are aware of this information and the danger it could post our country, and they don’t seem to think it’s a big deal at all. There’s not even a counter argument.

If Trump handed a nuclear codes over to Putin, these clowns would say that’s OK, because the information is being reported by CNN. Strike you as a stupid response? It is, but their response it is.
What happens when someone prominently and clearly violates the law and no consequences are imposed? It emboldens other people to violate the law in the future.

Do you think Donny would have gone so far off the rails if Nixon had been prosecuted for his crimes? --Bob

Weyoun

#21 Post by Weyoun » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:54 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:28 am
Weyoun wrote:

What happens when someone prominently and clearly violates the law and no consequences are imposed? It emboldens other people to violate the law in the future.

Do you think Donny would have gone so far off the rails if Nixon had been prosecuted for his crimes? --Bob
Yes, I do. He's the classic narcissist who thinks rules do not apply to him.

I think it is a totally reasonable strategy to squeeze as many of those close to him as possible.

I also think if you are going to prosecute him, it needs to obviously heinous. For example, the first impeachment was a mistake - it was murky what he did wrong in the mind of the public.

Keeping secrets? Probably not going to excite the public. Giving secrets to Putin? Firing squad.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:44 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Mmkay, let's.

Except for the fact that some of the documents were found in his desk. Next to his passport.

And if someone else moved them, then what the fuck was someone else doing with access to classified documents? And why were they moved at all from the supposedly secure storage room that Donny's team told the government housed all of the documents?

Are you willing to admit yet that Donny's treatment of National Defense Information was criminal? --Bob

tlynn78

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

So now you think maybe Hilz should have gotten more than a finger wagging over using personal servers for top secret docs? Even her FBI lapdog admitted she violated the law.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:15 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

So now you think maybe Hilz should have gotten more than a finger wagging over using personal servers for top secret docs? Even her FBI lapdog admitted she violated the law.
You have your facts wrong. A (very) small fraction of the documents on the server she was using were designated as CONFIDENTIAL. And after a very thorough investigation, the FBI Director who torched her election campaign concluded that intent (an essential element of the crime) could not be established.

At most, Secretary Clinton was careless.

But none of that is relevant. That investigation is long over. Should Donny be prosecuted and (if convicted) jailed for his treatment of National Defense Information? Given what we know, this shouldn't be a hard question for an elected official. But it's proving to be a very hard question for elected officials with an R in front of their names. Which is yet another reason that the Republican Party deserves to be politically bulldozed -- the leaders chosen by its members are far more concerned with the well-being of its Dear Leader than it is with our national security. --Bob

tlynn78

Re: The Bobs & SSS Need Donny to go to jail

#25 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:15 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

You have your facts wrong. A (very) small fraction of the documents on the server she was using were designated as CONFIDENTIAL. And after a very thorough investigation, the FBI Director who torched her election campaign concluded that intent (an essential element of the crime) could not be established.

At most, Secretary Clinton was careless.

But none of that is relevant. That investigation is long over. Should Donny be prosecuted and (if convicted) jailed for his treatment of National Defense Information? Given what we know, this shouldn't be a hard question for an elected official. But it's proving to be a very hard question for elected officials with an R in front of their names. Which is yet another reason that the Republican Party deserves to be politically bulldozed -- the leaders chosen by its members are far more concerned with the well-being of its Dear Leader than it is with our national security. --Bob
LOL - you're letting your TDS rot what's left of your brain. Keep dreaming - it's your own party that's melting down.