FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago

#51 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:28 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:17 am
He'll get a ton of money from a lot of suckers over this.

Gotta admit that he's really good at that, and that he knows his people.

They didn't even get that he was mocking them when he talked about how they would be cool with him shooting somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue (and said that that showed how smart they are).
Depending on who was shot, and the circumstances, I would hope even you would be cool with it. If there is no circumstance you'd be O.K. with, that would be pretty surprising.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#52 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:18 pm

An armed suspect tried to breach the FBI office in Cincinnati this morning and is currently still at large. He exchanged fire with law enforcement personnel at the office and fled in a vehicle. He managed to get a couple of counties away and is in a more rural area. He is apparently out of the vehicle now and in what's described as a "standoff" with law enforcement personnel.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#53 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:28 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

They didn't even get that he was mocking them when he talked about how they would be cool with him shooting somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue (and said that that showed how smart they are).
Depending on who was shot, and the circumstances, I would hope even you would be cool with it. If there is no circumstance you'd be O.K. with, that would be pretty surprising.
No reason to be surprised. I'd be cool with it under certain circumstances.

Guess you don't know what I was talking about, though.

BackInTex

#54 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:24 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm
BackInTex wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

Oh, I know what you’re talking about. But I get humor, sarcasm, and tongue in cheek. And even if I want to pretend I don’t, just to to annoy folks, I wouldn’t carry on the rouse for 6 years. I have other interests.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#55 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:03 pm

That explains why it was so important to the FBI to get the documents back. Donny kept nuclear documents. I can't imagine why he thought he was still entitled to them. Or needed them. Except to give to the Russians. Or (being the mercenary that he is) maybe just to the highest bidder. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#56 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:07 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:54 pm
The FBI and the Biden Administration had BETTER tell us why they did this. AND NOW!!!! And it BETTER BE a reason that is UNQUESTIONABLE! Though I can't for the life of me think of any such reason.
You obviously haven't been paying much attention to the January 6 hearings.

But specifically, the search warrant is in connection with Trump's possession of classified documents in violation of federal law. There's no question about that. The National Archives has already recovered a lot of those documents from his residence. The question now is how many other documents Trump may have squirreled away; that's what the search warrant was after. And that's exactly the kind of evidence that you don't tip someone off in advance about. It's like notifying a drug dealer than you plan to raid his house to find drugs.

And we've seen evidence of Trump flushing classified documents down the White House toilets aleready.
Biden, Garland, and the FBI keep this up Jan 6 will look like Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.
Looks like one Ricky Shiffer took your advice. Feeling good about that, are you?

Do you really think the FBI SHOULDN'T have done everything in its power to retrieve top secret documents about nuclear weapons from an unsecured facility? Even leaving aside the ample evidence that Donny was and is more than happy to share sensitive information with his Russian handlers. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

wbtravis007

#57 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:16 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:24 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Oh, I know what you’re talking about. But I get humor, sarcasm, and tongue in cheek. And even if I want to pretend I don’t, just to to annoy folks, I wouldn’t carry on the rouse for 6 years. I have other interests.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What’s a rouse?

I knew you were trying to be cute. (Emphasis on “trying.”) Just jacking with you.

But, I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to say about a six-year ruse. I won’t worry my pretty little head about it, though.

flockofseagulls104

#58 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:16 pm
BackInTex wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What’s a rouse?

I knew you were trying to be cute. (Emphasis on “trying.”) Just jacking with you.

But, I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to say about a six-year ruse. I won’t worry my pretty little head about it, though.
Let me explain it to you. I think I know what he is saying.

BiT was referring to a ruse, I believe.

You and all the lefties know that trump frequently engages in sarcasm. Yet, you latch onto the 'literal' meaning and cling to it to convince the dumb-masses of his 'evilness'.
You know he didn't mean it literally, yet you pretend that he did. Just like the 'injecting bleach' bullshit. Or the 'praising Putin' garbage. And you've been doing that for 6 years now. But you have a certain audience for it, so you keep doing it, even though you know it's bullshit.

It only convinces people who can think for themselves how dishonest you are.

Leftists seem to like to pretend a lot.

Like pretending some documents the National Archive wants is justification for sending in 30 armed FBI agents to raid a private residence.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#59 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What’s a rouse?

You and all the lefties know that trump frequently engages in sarcasm. Yet, you latch onto the 'literal' meaning and cling to it to convince the dumb-masses of his 'evilness'.
You know he didn't mean it literally, yet you pretend that he did. Just like the 'injecting bleach' bullshit. Or the 'praising Putin' garbage. And you've been doing that for 6 years now. But you have a certain audience for it, so you keep doing it, even though you know it's bullshit.

Like pretending some documents the National Archive wants is justification for sending in 30 armed FBI agents to raid a private residence.
Nailed it.

It was too complicated or subtle for him. Thanks for bringing it down to his level. Tough to do without pictures but you did a great job.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 pm

1) FBI agents on duty are always armed. So that's like saying that 30 FBI agents wearing shoes entered Mar-a-Lago.

2) Trump refused to turn over these documents despite a subpoena, and the government and a judge felt that a search warrant was necessary.

3) Considering that the FBI removed 12 boxes of material, that required quite a bit of work, so a substantial number of agents were needed unless they wanted to be there for several days.

silverscreenselect

#61 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 pm
Looks like one Ricky Shiffer took your advice. Feeling good about that, are you?

Do you really think the FBI SHOULDN'T have done everything in its power to retrieve top secret documents about nuclear weapons from an unsecured facility? Even leaving aside the ample evidence that Donny was and is more than happy to share sensitive information with his Russian handlers. --Bob
More about Ricky Shiffer, who is now deceased. He was at the Capitol on January 6 and he had quite an active social media presence on Truth Social:

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. For three days, Trump, Fox News, and Congressional Republicans have been fanning the flames with talk about tyranny and how the FBI is the enemy of the American people and must be stopped. It's no surprise some armed nitwit followed up on it. Now some Republicans are claiming this Cincinnati attack is a false flag operation.

And by the way, the judge who was pretty much accused by Flock and others of being in the tank for Biden has received a number of online death threats.

UPDATE: After he fled the FBI office, Shiffer posted: "Well, I thought I had a way through bulletproof glass, and I didn't." This would indicate that he brought and used the nail gun in the mistaken notion it could shatter bulletproof glass. He also had an AR-15 with him and was wearing body armor. He added: "If you don't hear from me, it is true I tried attacking the FBI..."
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What’s a rouse?

Nailed it.

It was too complicated or subtle for him. Thanks for bringing it down to his level. Tough to do without pictures but you did a great job.
He still won't get it. Or even admit to getting it. He'll just transition to another rant.
And call me stupid or weird or some shit.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#63 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:53 pm

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:54 pm
The FBI and the Biden Administration had BETTER tell us why they did this. AND NOW!!!! And it BETTER BE a reason that is UNQUESTIONABLE! Though I can't for the life of me think of any such reason.

This is incredibly outrageous!

It makes me sick to think what our country is coming to.

It WILL backfire on them.
Here's one of Flock's posts that hasn't aged particularly well and it's only been three days. You're starting to see some Congressional Republicans and Fox correspondents backtracking on their rhetoric already.

And you'll notice that in his last several posts, Flock has ignored today's developments in order to bash wbtravis.

Bob Juch

#64 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:54 am

https://ktla.com/news/fbi-agents-found- ... h-sources/

(NewsNation) — FBI agents found dozens of classified documents during their search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago on Monday, sources confirmed to NewsNation.

Investigators discovered classified documents in two areas: Trump’s office above a ballroom and a storage room near the pool. Sources say there were “boxes everywhere,” with some containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Those are considered some of the highest levels of classified documents.

Since the documents are so secretive, it’s unknown whether investigators will ever publicly acknowledge what they’re about, let alone release them.

According to a source cited by the Washington Post, classified nuclear weapons documents may have been among the items the FBI found.

Attorney General Merrick Garland spoke publicly for the first time Thursday about the FBI search of Trump’s home, and although he did not reveal what the FBI was looking for, he did say he approved the search.

Garland said he would be asking a court to unseal the search warrant. Thursday night, Trump said he didn’t oppose its release and encouraged it to be immediately unsealed.

MORE
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#65 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:06 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:54 am
(NewsNation) — FBI agents found dozens of classified documents during their search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago on Monday, sources confirmed to NewsNation.
By the way, Trump had security cameras in place at all the areas searched by the FBI. If there was any suspicious activity he could spin as "planting evidence," you can bet we'd have seen it by now.

wbtravis007

#66 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What’s a rouse?

Nailed it.

Well, no wonder I couldn't get his point. Y'all's premise is that I (or anyone else, for that matter) would suggest (or "pretend" to suggest) that his comments about shooting somebody on Fifth Avenue were meant to be taken literally? In order to prove thereby his "evilness"? Seriously? Wow. What is wrong with y'all? Gotta say it: that's just ... weird.

And, I'm not criticizing him for bragging (figuratively) about how he could get away with just about anything with his people. He was right. That was my point. He understands them. He knows how gullible and easily fooled many of them are. You don't seem to agree with me that, while he wants the support and adulation of, and money from, for example, farmers or members of the military or just about any other category of people besides those who are in his mind "winners" -- (i.e., those like the ones at Mira Lago who heard him announce that he had just made them a lot richer) -- he considers them to be losers and suckers. And that's fine. You think you understand the man better than I do. That's what makes the horse races. If you want to go on believing that he respects y'all, that's fine with me. Just not my opinion.

I'm almost certain that I have never said anything about the bleach stuff. I saw the clip, and I have no idea what the fuck he was trying to do. That happens a lot when he's having one of his diarrhea-of-the-mouth fits. Whatever he was trying to do, though, it sure didn't seem like he was just trying to be funny. More than one company had to put out statements.

I saw him embarrass himself and our country in Helsinki, but I doubt that I've commented on that before now. So, I don't think that I'm your man when it comes to Putin-related stuff, either.

I can think of one of my posts that I think could be fairly characterized as a rant. I deliberately tried to estocize esto in response to when he tried to do the same to me (but wasn't quite careful enough) not long before the 2020 election. Like I said, that was deliberate. I thought about ending it with: "You've been Estoed," but am pretty sure that I didn't. Don't think he ever responded to that one. Anyway, I don't think that I tend to rant all that much. I'd love to see you direct me to one of my posts that you consider to be a rant, though.

As far your suggestion of a propensity on my part to the change the subject instead of responding directly when someone responds to one of my comments, I'd also love to see one example of that. If you can find one, I'll be sure to correct my oversight.

flockofseagulls104

#67 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:04 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:43 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Nailed it.

Well, no wonder I couldn't get his point. Y'all's premise is that I (or anyone else, for that matter) would suggest (or "pretend" to suggest) that his comments about shooting somebody on Fifth Avenue were meant to be taken literally? In order to prove thereby his "evilness"? Seriously? Wow. What is wrong with y'all? Gotta say it: that's just ... weird.

And, I'm not criticizing him for bragging (figuratively) about how he could get away with just about anything with his people. He was right. That was my point. He understands them. He knows how gullible and easily fooled many of them are. You don't seem to agree with me that, while he wants the support and adulation of, and money from, for example, farmers or members of the military or just about any other category of people besides those who are in his mind "winners" -- (i.e., those like the ones at Mira Lago who heard him announce that he had just made them a lot richer) -- he considers them to be losers and suckers. And that's fine. You think you understand the man better than I do. That's what makes the horse races. If you want to go on believing that he respects y'all, that's fine with me. Just not my opinion.

I'm almost certain that I have never said anything about the bleach stuff. I saw the clip, and I have no idea what the fuck he was trying to do. That happens a lot when he's having one of his diarrhea-of-the-mouth fits. Whatever he was trying to do, though, it sure didn't seem like he was just trying to be funny. More than one company had to put out statements.

I saw him embarrass himself and our country in Helsinki, but I doubt that I've commented on that before now. So, I don't think that I'm your man when it comes to Putin-related stuff, either.

I can think of one of my posts that I think could be fairly characterized as a rant. I deliberately tried to estocize esto in response to when he tried to do the same to me (but wasn't quite careful enough) not long before the 2020 election. Like I said, that was deliberate. I thought about ending it with: "You've been Estoed," but am pretty sure that I didn't. Don't think he ever responded to that one. Anyway, I don't think that I tend to rant all that much. I'd love to see you direct me to one of my posts that you consider to be a rant, though.

As far your suggestion of a propensity on my part to the change the subject instead of responding directly when someone responds to one of my comments, I'd also love to see one example of that. If you can find one, I'll be sure to correct my oversight.
OK:
You're weird and you need to seek help.

There's two.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#68 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:54 am
https://ktla.com/news/fbi-agents-found- ... h-sources/

Investigators discovered classified documents in two areas: Trump’s office above a ballroom and a storage room near the pool. Sources say there were “boxes everywhere,” with some containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Those are considered some of the highest levels of classified documents.

Since the documents are so secretive, it’s unknown whether investigators will ever publicly acknowledge what they’re about, let alone release them.

According to a source cited by the Washington Post, classified nuclear weapons documents may have been among the items the FBI found.

Attorney General Merrick Garland spoke publicly for the first time Thursday about the FBI search of Trump’s home, and although he did not reveal what the FBI was looking for, he did say he approved the search.

Garland said he would be asking a court to unseal the search warrant. Thursday night, Trump said he didn’t oppose its release and encouraged it to be immediately unsealed.

MORE
None of the three criminal statutes relied upon in the search warrant requires the information to be classified. Failing to return defense information upon demand is enough to violate at least one of the statutes. This is looking more and more like a slam dunk prosecution. --Bob

jarnon

#69 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm

The search warrant and receipt have been released.

warrant.pdf
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#70 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:19 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm

warrant.pdf
Pretty much a witch hunt of a political opponent. It won't bode well for Democrats come election. This is the shit they do in 3rd world countries.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#71 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:19 pm
jarnon wrote:

warrant.pdf
Pretty much a witch hunt of a political opponent. It won't bode well for Democrats come election. This is the shit they do in 3rd world countries.
Well, no. We’ve been out of third-world-banana-republic land since January 20, 2021. This is how the legal system is supposed to operate. When someone with no right to sensitive defense information keeps it after its return has been demanded, that’s a federal crime. And the Justice Department is supposed to investigate federal crimes, even if the criminal used to sully the Oval Office.

Or do you think it was okay that Donny had at Mar-A-Lago, and refused to return, highly sensitive nuclear materials? How do you know he didn’t give copies of that material to his Russian handlers? Why should we believe he wasn’t planning to sell other copies to the highest bidder?

This stuff is kept under lock and key in highly secured rooms for a reason. And one of those reasons is so that no one has to wonder about the answers to the questions I just asked, because merely having to ask the question is harmful to our national security. —Bob

BackInTex

#72 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:00 pm
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:

warrant.pdf
Well, no. We’ve been out of third-world-banana-republic land since January 20, 2021. This is how the legal system is supposed to operate. When someone with no right to sensitive defense information keeps it after its return has been demanded, that’s a federal crime. And the Justice Department is supposed to investigate federal crimes, even if the criminal used to sully the Oval Office.

Or do you think it was okay that Donny had at Mar-A-Lago, and refused to return, highly sensitive nuclear materials? How do you know he didn’t give copies of that material to his Russian handlers? Why should we believe he wasn’t planning to sell other copies to the highest bidder?

This stuff is kept under lock and key in highly secured rooms for a reason. And one of those reasons is so that no one has to wonder about the answers to the questions I just asked, because merely having to ask the question is harmful to our national security. —Bob
You've seen the contents already? I haven't seen anything?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: FBI is raiding Mar-a-La

#73 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:05 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

The receipt was in the link. Item 2A is “SCI” documents. That stands for “sensitive compartmentalized information,” which is a subset of Top Secret documents. And note that neither Donny nor his lawyers have denied the reports that the documents seized included nuclear documents. —Bob

flockofseagulls104

#74 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:20 pm

Holy macaroni, Batman! Trump had nuclear materials at Mar-A-Lago? Forget about Putin...what if the Joker or the Penguin got a hold of them?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: FBI is raiding Mar-a-La

#75 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:05 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

The receipt was in the link. Item 2A is “SCI” documents. That stands for “sensitive compartmentalized information,” which is a subset of Top Secret documents. And note that neither Donny nor his lawyers have denied the reports that the documents seized included nuclear documents. —Bob
Nor have they confirmed.
Well, then