2000 Mules

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: 2000 Mules

#176 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:55 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:40 pm
Also, in her weekly Q&A conference, Englebrecht confirmed there will be both a Geek and a Non-Geek version of the ripcord information. The Geek version will hopefully have the cellphone data in a form I can add to a database and examine myself. I am a database programmer and so I have more experience and expertise than any of you have, so you cannot question anything I say on the matter, assuming the data is in a format which I can access. She says the geek version is all ready to go, it's being held up by the formatting issues for the Non-Geek version. They want, of course, to get it as accessible, user-friendly, and intuitive as they can before it goes out. They want to release BOTH versions at the same time.

Again, from the expert point of view (which I am. I have been doing database building and software development for 40 years, and you cannot question or doubt what I say here), most of the time and effort in software programming is spent on the UI (User Interface) which is the window that the end-users have to the data. They are undoubtedly building this UI from scratch because of the unique nature of the data they need to present. And, hopefully, they have better resources to build it for them than were used for healthcare.gov. So I can understand why it's taking them some time.
What they (claim to) want is irrelevant. A subpoena is a legal order compelling compliance on a particular date. They don't get to ignore that part of the subpoena just because there's other stuff they'd like to do for PR purposes. --Bob
Most of what they subpoenaed is exceedingly non-Geek. For example,

--The identities of the "ten hubs" in Atlanta that you allege participated in a ballot harvesting scheme in Georgia

--The identity and contact information for the "bartender who came in from South Carolina" to help with the alleged ballot harvesting scheme in Georgia and any recordings, transcripts, testimonies, statements, summaries, witness interviews, notes or other documents supporting this allegation

--The identities of the network of non-governmental organizations that worked together to facilitate a ballot trafficking scheme in Georgia" that John Doe described to you and any recordings, transcripts, testimonies, statements, summaries, witness interviews, notes, or other documents evidencing those statements.

-- Any recordings, transcripts, voicemails, summaries, notes, or other documents from your Georgia Election Integrity Hotline, tip line, or other hotline regarding allegations of ballot harvesting in Georgia

--Any receipts, invoices, bills, or other documents evidencing any medical payments you or your contracted team of vendors made for any person you suspect participated in ballot harvesting in Georgia

--The identity and contact information for John Doe referenced in your Complaint and any recordings, transcripts, testimonies, statements, summaries, witness interviews, notes, or other documents evidencing all statements John Doe told you.

-- The identity and contact information for John Doe's mother and any recordings, transcripts, testimonies, statements, summaries, witness interviews, notes or other documents evidencing what she told you or your contracted team of researchers and
investigators.

Some of this information is voluminous, such as transcripts and witness statements (assuming they exist), but they've had over eight months to get this information together. So all that nonsense about getting the information in a database. As Bob said, a subpoena is a legal order, compelling them to produce. And Engelbrecht also been ordered to appear at depositions before the State Elections Board.

As I said nearly a month ago in this thread: "We'll see if True the Vote produces credible, verifiable evidence or excuses, evasions, delays, and legal papers filed in opposition to the subpoenas. My money's on the latter."

So far, all we've had are excuses, evasions, and delays. I will say that as far as I know, there have been no formal pleadings filed in opposition to the subpoenas.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#177 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:32 pm

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:53 pm
The only thing I know is Gregg Phillips said the Georgia PTBs can arrest him if they want, but he will not give them any more information. TTV, in their naivety, gave preliminary data to both the FBI and the GBI last year, with the expectation that they would use that data to start their own investigations. However, the FBI did nothing, and the GBI decided to go after and intimidate True The Vote instead. TTV has legitimate concerns because their confidential whistleblower sources came forward only under the understanding they would remain anonymous.
For the record, here's what the complaint filed with the State Elections Board alleges:
Acting upon information provided to us, True the Vote’s contracted team of researchers and investigators spoke with several individuals regarding personal knowledge, methods, and organizations involved in ballot trafficking in Georgia. One such individual, hereinafter referred to as John Doe, admitted to personally participating and provided specific information about the ballot trafficking process. This information was provided under agreement of anonymity.

John Doe described a network of non-governmental organizations (“NGO”s) that worked together to facilitate a ballot trafficking scheme in Georgia. John Doe claimed to have been one of many individuals paid to collect and deliver absentee ballots during the early voting periods of the November 2020 General Election and the January 2021 Runoff Election. While acknowledging that others might view his actions as inappropriate, John Doe did not seem to understand the
unlawful nature of this conduct nor that it might constitute organized criminal activity. John Doe’s perception was that he had been hired to do a job and it was appropriate to be paid for the services rendered.

John Doe’s assignment included collecting ballots, both from voters in targeted neighborhoods and from NGOs that had their own ballot collection processes, delivering those ballots to other NGOs, picking up designated ballot bundles from the same group of NGOs, and depositing ballots into drop boxes spanning six counties in the metro Atlanta area. Each drop box delivery would typically include between 5 to 20 ballots. John Doe described a payment validation process which involved taking cell phone pictures of the drop box where ballots were deposited. Participants were compensated, typically at a rate of $10 per ballot. John Doe stated he had been paid directly by one of these NGOs.
That information would be pretty damning if accurate, especially if it were backed up by cell phone records. But Phillips and John Doe won't release that information. Even if they don't mention John Doe's name, they should be able to release a lot of the other information, including the names of these various entities that supposedly took part in the operation.

So it's no surprise Phillips won't release this "information." Simple reason-- it doesn't exist. The only question is how many more months of excuses and delays it will take before Flock and the other useful idiots finally wise up to the fact that this is all a big scam from Phillips, Engelbrecht, and D'Souza.

flockofseagulls104

#178 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:41 pm

https://www.westernjournal.com/illegal- ... ed-handed/
The Democratic former mayor of an Arizona city pleaded guilty last week to engaging in illegal ballot harvesting during the 2020 primary election, adding credence to claims the same conduct occurred during the general election.

According to The Associated Press, Guillermina Fuentes, 66, operated a “sophisticated operation” in San Luis, a border city of approximately 33,000 people located in Yuma County.
The AP learned through documents obtained from a public records request that investigators were only able to link Fuentes to about a dozen ballots.

However, the report states, “investigators believe the effort went much farther.”
In the film, an informant from San Luis, whose identity was hidden, detailed how she participated in the undertaking.

She told True the Vote’s Gregg Phillips how mules would drop off ballots and come in for what she assumed were weekly payments during the election.

“I would get a call to find out how many ballots were brought in and if they were already pre-filled out first,” the informant said.

A woman “would come to the office, look at them. And then before she left, she would either take them herself, but other times she would ask me to drop them off at the library,” the informant said.

The informant was told to go to that particular drop box because there were no surveillance cameras there.

The woman “wanted me to take it in the evening when it was dark, also,” according to the informant.

She put hundreds of ballots in the drop box herself, the informant told Phillips.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#179 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:14 pm

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:41 pm
The Democratic former mayor of an Arizona city pleaded guilty last week to engaging in illegal ballot harvesting during the 2020 primary election, adding credence to claims the same conduct occurred during the general election.

According to The Associated Press, Guillermina Fuentes, 66, operated a “sophisticated operation” in San Luis, a border city of approximately 33,000 people located in Yuma County.
The AP learned through documents obtained from a public records request that investigators were only able to link Fuentes to about a dozen ballots.

However, the report states, “investigators believe the effort went much farther.”
In the film, an informant from San Luis, whose identity was hidden, detailed how she participated in the undertaking.

She told True the Vote’s Gregg Phillips how mules would drop off ballots and come in for what she assumed were weekly payments during the election.

“I would get a call to find out how many ballots were brought in and if they were already pre-filled out first,” the informant said.

A woman “would come to the office, look at them. And then before she left, she would either take them herself, but other times she would ask me to drop them off at the library,” the informant said.

The informant was told to go to that particular drop box because there were no surveillance cameras there.

The woman “wanted me to take it in the evening when it was dark, also,” according to the informant.

She put hundreds of ballots in the drop box herself, the informant told Phillips.
BFD. The four ballots were still valid.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 491766001/
Prosecutors were apparently unable to prove the most serious charges, dropping three felony counts alleging that Fuentes filled out one voter's ballot and forged signatures on some of the four ballots she illegally returned for people who were not family members.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#180 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:14 pm
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:41 pm

Prosecutors were apparently unable to prove the most serious charges, dropping three felony counts alleging that Fuentes filled out one voter's ballot and forged signatures on some of the four ballots she illegally returned for people who were not family members.
If you bothered to watch the damn film, you'd know that ain't the point. But keep going. Maybe this is something you'll understand. Criticizing something you ain't even seen:

Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#181 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:53 pm
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:40 pm
I am a database programmer and so I have more experience and expertise than any of you have, so you cannot question anything I say on the matter...
Want to bet? :lol:
OK, tell your comrades all the things I said that were wrong.

Bob Juch

#182 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:27 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

If you bothered to watch the damn film, you'd know that ain't the point. But keep going. Maybe this is something you'll understand. Criticizing something you ain't even seen:

I was criticizing your quotation and you, not the film.

If the Arizona D.A., Mark Brnovich, who's running for Senator and needs to score points, couldn't find proof that the informant was right about Fuentes, you're going to believe otherwise?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#183 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:08 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:41 pm
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:27 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

I was criticizing your quotation and you, not the film.

If the Arizona D.A., Mark Brnovich, who's running for Senator and needs to score points, couldn't find proof that the informant was right about Fuentes, you're going to believe otherwise?
So for you, it all begins and ends on what Mark Brnovich says or doesn't say? I guess you must be his biggest supporter!

I don't believe anything right now. I have seen testimony about the evidence that is very convincing. But I will wait to examine the actual evidence before I make any commitment to a final verdict. I always thought that was the way we determined justice in this country. But now we do it through political persuasion, chosen narrative, main stream and social media. I must say, you have adapted to that model admirably, along with many others here.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#184 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:23 pm

Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:08 pm
I don't believe anything right now. I have seen testimony about the evidence that is very convincing. But I will wait to examine the actual evidence before I make any commitment to a final verdict. I always thought that was the way we determined justice in this country. But now we do it through political persuasion, chosen narrative, main stream and social media. I must say, you have adapted to that model admirably, along with many others here.
You have omitted a crucial part of the equation: burden of proof. Burden of proof tells us what conclusion to reach in the absence of evidence. When there is no persuasive evidence concerning an issue, you find AGAINST the side that bears the burden of proof, because that side didn't sustain its burden. In the absence of this concept, it becomes far too easy to cast unjustified doubt on pretty much everything.

Right now, you have seen no evidence. You admit as much. All you have seen is what people claim the evidence says, even though (notwithstanding a legal obligation to do so) they have not yet produced the actual evidence. Under those circumstances, you should not suspend disbelief. You should act as though the side bearing the burden of proof (in this case, the side claiming fraud) has failed to sustain its burden and should therefore conclude that there was no fraud.

Instead, however, because you want there to have been fraud, you are acting as though the burden of proof rests on those contending that the elections were fair and free of substantial fraud, in effect forcing that side to prove a negative. And for far too many people, there will never be enough evidence to satisfy that burden, no matter how many court cases (five dozen and counting) find that the elections were legitimate. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#185 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:40 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:23 pm
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:08 pm
You have omitted a crucial part of the equation: burden of proof. Burden of proof tells us what conclusion to reach in the absence of evidence. When there is no persuasive evidence concerning an issue, you find AGAINST the side that bears the burden of proof, because that side didn't sustain its burden. In the absence of this concept, it becomes far too easy to cast unjustified doubt on pretty much everything.

Right now, you have seen no evidence. You admit as much. All you have seen is what people claim the evidence says, even though (notwithstanding a legal obligation to do so) they have not yet produced the actual evidence. Under those circumstances, you should not suspend disbelief. You should act as though the side bearing the burden of proof (in this case, the side claiming fraud) has failed to sustain its burden and should therefore conclude that there was no fraud.

Instead, however, because you want there to have been fraud, you are acting as though the burden of proof rests on those contending that the elections were fair and free of substantial fraud, in effect forcing that side to prove a negative. And for far too many people, there will never be enough evidence to satisfy that burden, no matter how many court cases (five dozen and counting) find that the elections were legitimate. --Bob
Bob, you have no standing in this discussion. This is NOT a court case. Your lawyerly lying bullshit carries no weight here. I am not arguing a case. I am deciding which side of this argument is lying and which side is telling the truth. We have on one side:

- The Main Stream Press, that has, from day one, used the same phrases pretty much verbatim in their 'journalism', presented as hard news. Phrases like 'The Big Lie', 'Without Evidence', 'Debunked', 'Conspiracy Theory', etc. People like me, who have been around for a while, do NOT believe it is the job of the press to come to conclusions or to take one side of an issue over the other, only to present the facts.
AND
The Democrat Party, which spent 4 years doing everything it could think of to sabotage, denigrate and slander the Trump administration and anyone who supported it in any way.

And on the other side:

True the Vote, Dinesh D'Souza and many other prominent personalities who have put their names, honor, reputations, credibility and any future prospects on the line by presenting an 'alternate' narrative that they claim is based on hard data, backed up by video evidence, whistle-blower testimony and documentation. They have presented SOME of this evidence in their documentary. (Which YOU have chosen not to watch, only to criticize). No entity on this side has any judicial, legislative or prosecutorial power. They are only ordinary citizens. Based on what they have found through their painstaking research (Which also could have been done by the 'Appropriate Authorities'), they want this issue to be investigated. Because of the political nature of this issue, they have claimed they have been burned and betrayed by many 'officials' in the past when they presented this information and data to what they thought were the appropriate authorities, so they have decided, instead, to present the physical evidence to the public. They believe that is the only way to get the 'appropriate officials' to act on this information in the appropriate manner.

I am biased, just as you are. But I am withholding my final judgment until I see the physical evidence for myself. You have made up your mind already, without considering or even listening and watching anything that conflicts with your echo chamber, as you do with everything else. That is why you have no standing or any part in this debate, bob. No matter what evidence they have and publish, your mind is closed, as it always is, to any other perspective but your own. As you, yourself, have said "There will never be enough evidence to satisfy" ...YOU. And if you had it in yourself to do any kind of introspection, you would see how that applies very much to you.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#186 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:45 pm

Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:40 pm
Bob, you have no standing in this discussion.
Go flock yourself. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#187 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:45 pm
Bob, you have no standing in this discussion.
Go flock yourself. --Bob
You need to come up with another response when you have no answer. You've used that before. It's already in my signature. Is that what you use in your largest civil courthouse in the country when your lawyerly opponent turns out to be more above average than you?

Watch the frickin film. That would give you standing for your grandstanding.

silverscreenselect

#188 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 pm

And on the other side:

True the Vote, Dinesh D'Souza and many other prominent personalities who have put their names, honor, reputations, credibility and any future prospects on the line by presenting an 'alternate' narrative that they claim is based on hard data, backed up by video evidence, whistle-blower testimony and documentation. They have presented SOME of this evidence in their documentary. (Which YOU have chosen not to watch, only to criticize). No entity on this side has any judicial, legislative or prosecutorial power. They are only ordinary citizens. Based on what they have found through their painstaking research (Which also could have been done by the 'Appropriate Authorities'), they want this issue to be investigated. Because of the political nature of this issue, they have claimed they have been burned and betrayed by many 'officials' in the past when they presented this information and data to what they thought were the appropriate authorities, so they have decided, instead, to present the physical evidence to the public. They believe that is the only way to get the 'appropriate officials' to act on this information in the appropriate manner.
I just about choked when I read this. Dinesh D'Souza is a convicted felon. Gregg Phillips claimed that three million illegal immigrants voted in the 2016 presidential election and never produced any proof of that. These people have no reputations or credibility to protect because they have absolutely no credibility with anyone other than the far right Republican base. And their future prospects won't suffer because their loyal followers will buy whatever load of crap excuses they give and then buy tickets to Dinesh D'Souza's next documentary.

The people who rejected whatever evidence True the Vote presented weren't just the dreaded mainstream media and the Democratic Party. They include the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the FBI, the Georgia State Elections Board (which had a 3-1 Republican majority at the time), and the Republican Georgia Secretary of State's Office.

Based on what Flock reported earlier about Phillips, their game plan is becoming clear. They're not going to release anything because of "fear" for the confidential informants' safety and blame law enforcement for not investigating properly. I don't think the Secretary of State will move to hold them in contempt; instead, they'll just dismiss the complaint, which is what True the Vote wants. They can continue to spread this story without actually having to present evidence and without people like Flock holding them accountable because he'll buy their bogus claims about the informant's safety.

We will never see any evidence because there is no real evidence. True the Vote will never release the names of the 250 supposed mules or the organizations that were paying off those mules because they don't exist. Flock may have his handy-dandy spreadsheets ready, but he's never going to get anything to fill them up with.

Bob Juch

#189 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:48 pm

Clermont woman pleads no contest to submitting false voter records

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... r-records/

TAVARES, Fla. – A Clermont woman pleaded no contest to 10 counts of submitting false voter registration information ahead of the 2020 presidential primary election, court records show.

Cheryl Hall, 65, was sentenced to one year of supervised probation. A judge withheld adjudication on the felony charges, each of which carried a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

Authorities arrested Hall in March 2020 after the Lake County Supervisor of Elections discovered 119 voter registration applications that appeared to be fake.

The party affiliation of at least 30 Democrat voters was changed to either Republican or No Party Affiliation without the voters’ knowledge or permission, officials said. Ten of those voters filed complaints with the Supervisor of Elections.

Authorities said the falsified applications had identical handwriting and were submitted to elections offices in Seminole and Orange counties by a third-party voter registration organization.

Hall turned herself in after investigators contacted that organization.

At the time of her arrest, photographs on Hall’s Facebook page showed her posing at political events with high-profile Republicans like Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. Rick Scott, Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, Sean Hannity, Roger Stone and Donald Trump, Jr.

Posts on that same Facebook page suggested she was heavily involved in local politics as a member of Lake County Republicans and participated in voter registration events.

silverscreenselect

#190 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:24 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:48 pm

The party affiliation of at least 30 Democrat voters was changed to either Republican or No Party Affiliation without the voters’ knowledge or permission, officials said. Ten of those voters filed complaints with the Supervisor of Elections.
Florida has a closed primary system, so anyone registered as a Democrat can only vote in the Democratic primary or for non-partisan issues or offices. Voters can change party affiliation up until 30 days before the primary election.

Frankly, I'm not sure what this woman was trying to accomplish other than to piss people off.

silverscreenselect

#191 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:44 pm

True the Vote, Dinesh D'Souza and many other prominent personalities who have put their names, honor, reputations, credibility and any future prospects on the line
She Helped Create the Big Lie. Records Suggest She Turned It Into a Big Grift.
Center for Investigative Reporting 6/8/22 wrote:Over the last two presidential election cycles, True the Vote has raised millions in donations with claims that it discovered tide-turning voter fraud. It’s promised to release its evidence. It never has. Instead, the Texas-based nonprofit organization has engaged in a series of questionable transactions that sent more than $1 million combined to its founder, a longtime board member romantically linked to the founder and the group’s general counsel, an investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting has found.

A review of thousands of pages of documents from state filings, tax returns and court records, however, paints the picture of an organization that enriches [founder Catherine] Engelbrecht and partner Gregg Phillips rather than actually rooting out any fraud. According to the documents, True the Vote has given questionable loans to Engelbrecht and has a history of awarding contracts to companies run by Engelbrecht and Phillips. Within days of receiving $2.5 million from a donor to stop the certification of the 2020 election, True the Vote distributed much of the money to a company owned by Phillips, [attorney for True the Vote James] Bopp’s law firm and Engelbrecht directly for a campaign that quickly fizzled out. Legal and nonprofit accounting experts who reviewed Reveal’s findings said the Texas attorney general and Internal Revenue Service should investigate. “This certainly looks really bad,” said Laurie Styron, executive director of CharityWatch.

And while the claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 election have been dismissed out of hand by courts and debunked by audits, even those led by Republicans, the story of True the Vote highlights how exploiting the Big Lie has become a lucrative enterprise, growing from a cottage industry to a thriving economy.

The records show:

--True the Vote regularly reported loans to Engelbrecht, including more than $113,000 in 2019, according to a tax filing. Texas law bans nonprofits from loaning money to directors; Engelbrecht is both a director and an employee.

--Companies connected to Engelbrecht and Phillips collected nearly $890,000 from True the Vote from 2014 to 2020. The largest payment – at least $750,000 – went to a new company created by Phillips, OPSEC Group LLC, to do voter analysis in 2020. It’s unclear whether OPSEC has any other clients; it has no website and no digital footprint that Reveal could trace beyond its incorporation records. The contract, which one expert called “eye-popping” for its largess, did not appear to be disclosed in the 2020 tax return the organization provided to Reveal.

--True the Vote provided Bopp’s law firm a retainer of at least $500,000 to lead a legal charge against the results of the 2020 election, but he filed only four of the seven lawsuits promised to a $2.5 million donor, all of which were voluntarily dismissed less than a week after being filed. The donor later called the amount billed by Bopp’s firm “unconscionable” and “impossible.”

--The organization’s tax returns are riddled with inconsistencies and have regularly been amended. Experts who reviewed the filings said it makes it difficult to understand how True the Vote is truly spending its donations.

[E]xperts questioned whether True the Vote had the proper structure and policies to safeguard against self-dealing the way other nonprofits would. As True the Vote has gained prominence, Engelbrecht has maintained an oversized control of the charity as its only employee in recent years and a member of a small board of directors that’s been packed with potential conflicts of interests. “That’s a real problem,” said Styron, of CharityWatch.

The federal government grants nonprofit organizations a special status, allowing them to operate tax-free in recognition of their public benefit. In exchange, they are subject to greater scrutiny and transparency to ensure that donor funds are being used properly. Experts said an organization with more than $1 million in revenue typically would have more employees and a larger board. “These are public dollars, and the board members and officers of a charity have a fiduciary duty to … spend all of the resources of the charity carrying out the mission of the organization to the best of their ability in ways that benefit the nonprofit,” Styron said. “Not in ways that benefit them personally.”

In 2014, True the Vote paid $25,000 to American Solutions for Winning the Future for a “donor list rental.” Phillips was the director, records show. The next year, True the Vote gave $30,000 to a company called Define Idea Inc. for “IT support services.” Phillips was a director of the company, according to its formation documents. That year, Engelbrecht began receiving questionable payments from True the Vote as well.

According to its 2015 tax filings, it issued Engelbrecht a $40,607 loan. Under Texas law, nonprofit directors can’t receive loans, though employees can. Engelbrecht is both a director and an employee. True the Vote wouldn’t answer questions about who approved the loan, its conditions and whether Engelbrecht voted on it as a board member. But that wasn’t the only way Engelbrecht got access to her nonprofit’s coffers. ARC Network LLC and Ao2 LLC were paid a total of $82,500 in 2015 and 2016 for “database license fees” and “software license fees,” respectively, according to the tax filings, which disclose that the companies are tied to Engelbrecht. Court filings indicate that she owned 100% of ARC Network; she is listed as the owner of Ao2 in registration documents in Wyoming.

Brian Mittendorf, an Ohio State University accounting professor who specializes in nonprofit accounting, said the records raise a series of red flags. “We always have concerns from a governance standpoint about organizations engaging in such transactions with insiders, and the organization’s behavior, in terms of its accounting and inconsistencies, only inflame those concerns,” he said.
Here comes the good part:
[Weeks after the 2016 election,] Phillips appeared on CNN claiming he had the data analysis to show that more than 3 million voted illegally in the 2016 election. But when asked to show proof, Phillips said he needed time to verify the data. True the Vote quickly used the opportunity to push a $1 million fundraising campaign to audit its data. “Our audit team will include world-class technologists, researchers, data miners, statisticians, scholars, analysts, and subject matter experts. This isn’t B team stuff,” Engelbrecht wrote in a fundraising email. “The integrity of our election is too important.” “(We) believe that it will probably take another few months,” Phillips said. But Engelbrecht and Phillips never completed the audit or released the evidence behind their claims. In a video posted on YouTube in June 2017, Engelbrecht said they dropped the effort because donor promises didn’t materialize.
History repeats itself.

There's a whole lot more. And since I already know what Flock is going to say if and when he finally deigns to respond to this, the Center for Investigative Journalism has been rated center/left by Media Bias, which means a "slight to moderate liberal bias." However, although the targets of their reports are generally right-wing organizations, Media Bias says they have a high reputation for factual reporting due to "due to excellent sourcing and a clean fact check record. " (They haven't failed a fact check in the last five years.)

flockofseagulls104

#192 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Just wondering.
How many people on this bored have seen this?
Not asking for reviews or what you thought about it. Just raise your hand. So don't worry about one side or the other excoriating you. Well, at least not me. I won't ask you any questions.
If it's zero, I can't say I'd be surprised.

Bob Juch

#193 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:27 pm
Just wondering.
Not asking for reviews or what you thought about it. Just raise your hand. So don't worry about one side or the other excoriating you. Well, at least not me. I won't ask you any questions.
Not me, I don't like fantasies.

silverscreenselect

#194 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:28 pm

Just wondering.
Just wondering.

How much evidence has Operation Ripcord released to date?

earendel

#195 Post by earendel » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:34 am

I have not. I would be willing to do so if I didn't have to pay for it - I don't like the idea that D'Souza is trying to monetize this. If there is serious evidence, why not let everyone see it for free? Yes, I know that there were expenses involved, but shouldn't this be a public service rather than a money-grab?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

wbtravis007

#196 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 am

Just wondering.
I watched it.

silverscreenselect

#197 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:05 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:34 am
I have not. I would be willing to do so if I didn't have to pay for it - I don't like the idea that D'Souza is trying to monetize this. If there is serious evidence, why not let everyone see it for free? Yes, I know that there were expenses involved, but shouldn't this be a public service rather than a money-grab?
You hit the nail on the head. Hucksters like convicted felon D'Souza are all about riling up the useful idiots like Flock and extracting their money. Of course, D'Souza has nothing on the huckster-in-chief, Trump, who raised $250 million after the last presidential election, supposedly for an "election defense fund" that never existed. Instead, the money went to various Trump business interests.

BackInTex

#198 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:14 pm

earendel wrote:
Did you pay to see "An Inconvenient Truth"? I haven't. Wouldn't pay for it if all it cost was my time. But, pretty sure Al Gore has been monitizing the global warming sky fall since he left office. I know, I know...whataboutism. Just wondering if you hold the same feelings aobut Gore.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#199 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:19 pm

earendel wrote:
Here's D'Souza's answer to your issue.

https://rumble.com/v17nehm-why-not-offe ... -free.html

BTW, Both Dinesh D'Souza and Catherine Englebrecht, that I am aware of, do weekly web conferences open to everyone in the general public to ask questions. There likely are others on the right I am not aware of.

To my knowledge, no people of similar status on the left opens themselves up and makes themselves available to the general public in this manner. People on the left, in my experience, do not ever expose themselves to any questions posed by people who disagree with them. They avoid that like the plague.

I have asked one question, to both D'Souza and to Englebrecht.
"When will they pull the ripcord?"

D'Souza spent a full 2 minutes on my answer. He said he was on the movie side and I was correct on saying there was only so much information that could be put in a 2 hour movie. He said he didn't know the answer. The data side of this is on the True the Vote side.

So Catherine answered the question I posed yesterday on her Q&A session.

Basically they decided they could not use any established platforms like youtube (for one example) to present any data or videos because of the likelihood of censorship. So they had to design and build platforms to be able to disseminate the data they have in a form that's digestible and non-censorable to the general public. That takes time. There are also legal issues that have to be considered. They would love to release it as soon as possible, but they want to do it RIGHT.

However, she did give an ETA. She said Greg Phillips has told her it might be ready to go out mid-July. She, however, is going with Late July.

I don't know about you, but it is refreshing to have people that are in the news respond to questions from the general public rather than those posed by the news media. It shows how incestuous the news media is with the people and subjects they choose to cover. They very seldom ask questions the I would ask when they do interviews, and if they get close to one, they never follow up on it.

flockofseagulls104

#200 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:21 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:14 pm
earendel wrote:
Did you pay to see "An Inconvenient Truth"? I haven't. Wouldn't pay for it if all it cost was my time. But, pretty sure Al Gore has been monitizing the global warming sky fall since he left office. I know, I know...whataboutism. Just wondering if you hold the same feelings aobut Gore.
OH BOY! I wish Gore did a weekly public web conference. I've got dozens of questions for him that no one in the MSM has even come close to asking him. Thanks for the perfect example.