School shooting, bombing etc thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: School shooting, bombing etc thread

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:32 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:41 pm
BB-1 Bored Congress Bill 1 - Stopping Mass Shootings at Schools

Federal funding for a nationwide Guardian Program to protect all our schools.

Why not provide federal funding for a nationwide program to provide all our schoolchildren with free cigarettes? It's just as bad an idea, but it won't kill them quite as quickly.

Despite your claim that you would read my posts, you obviously ignored the evidence presented that putting more armed guards of any sort in schools is a bad idea, leading to more children getting killed in mass shooter situations.
Propose an amendment. You can vote against the bill later. You didn't read mine, as usual. I don't give a shit what 'expert' you find on the internet and what they say. There will be another expert that refutes that one. And on and on and on. Play by the rules, or go start another thread. Stop the pontificating.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#52 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 30, 2022 10:51 pm

Mon May 30, 2022 9:40 pm
I don't give a shit what 'expert' you find on the internet and what they say. There will be another expert that refutes that one. And on and on and on. Play by the rules, or go start another thread. Stop the pontificating.
So you're trying to hijack a bored thread and turn it into your paean to the Guardian Program and then get upset when people like ... pretty much everyone other than you don't want to play by these rules.

And you saw my amendment. "All funding for the Guardian Program must be matched dollar for dollar with funds used to purchase and distribute cigarettes free of charge to students in every school where the Guardian Program is to take place."

Once again, your claim how you can find experts to refute findings is another way of saying you don't have anything to back up your opinion other than statements from security companies who will make a bundle out of the Guardian Program.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 31, 2022 6:31 am

BB-1 Bored Congress Bill 1 - Stopping Mass Shootings at Schools

Federal funding for a nationwide Guardian Program to protect all our schools. If an individual state establishes a mandatory program that fits the standards of Florida's Guardian program, this Bored Congress will find a bunch of porkbarrel programs to discontinue, redundant funding to nix, stupid money giveaways to stop and shut down some of the billions of dollars of fraud to fund a pool of money to give to that state to help implement their Guardian program.

Vote Weyoun - NAY (kinda premature though. Vote should be taken when all amendments are added)

AMENDMENT 1 - flock
No part of this bill can in any way conflict with the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. Otherwise, it will be challenged as Unconstitutional by those who oppose the entire bill. The original bill is ONLY to provide funding to those states that have authorized the implementation of a program based on the Guardian Program currently in effect in Florida. It does not create any new Federal Laws and does not impose any new taxes.

Vote on amendment 1
Flock - YEA

Amendment 2 - SSStalker
All funding for the Guardian Program must be matched dollar for dollar with funds used to purchase and distribute cigarettes free of charge to students in every school where the Guardian Program is to take place.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#54 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 31, 2022 6:38 am

All funding for the Guardian Program must be matched dollar for dollar with funds used to purchase and distribute cigarettes free of charge to students in every school where the Guardian Program is to take place.

Thanks, stalker, for your contribution. The Guardian program is a solution that has been implemented in the real world, whether you approve of it or not. Your response shows that you have no interest in actually engaging in a constructive conversation on this issue. You want to continue pretending you have all the answers and mocking anyone who doesn't know that you have all the answers.

Your amendment is, of course, a feeble attempt at a joke, so I will vote NAY, even if I am the only one participating. But at least I am trying to change the insane way we have political discussions on this bored. Why? Because I''m weird.

silverscreenselect

#55 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 31, 2022 7:35 am

Tue May 31, 2022 6:38 am
[Why? Because I''m weird.
For once you said something I can agree with.

Spock

#56 Post by Spock » Tue May 31, 2022 9:36 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:59 pm
Spock wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:35 pm
I just noticed this one. See my longer above.

Weyoun>>>"How much research did your fascist bootlick ass do before suggesting that grade school kids could jump out of windows if an adult with an assault rifle starts shooting them?"<<<<

Grade-school kids can build 3-story treehouses-I am guessing they can climb out a window.
Maybe they can, but most don’t. I feel like you may not be around many children, which may be why you shrug at their deaths.

Either way, I would be impressed if a third grader could build a three story treehouse while his classmate was being murdered in the next yard over and the sound of active gunfire was approaching them.
Maybe not build a treehouse under those conditions, but I bet a 3rd grader could climb out a window lickety-split if they had too. 3rd graders aren't babies you know.

Why are you so opposed to having a second means of escape from a classroom?

flockofseagulls104

#57 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:42 am

deleted - duplicate
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kroxquo

#58 Post by kroxquo » Tue May 31, 2022 10:19 am

Mon May 30, 2022 7:39 pm
OK, to show how it can be done, I will offer my amendment to the bill.

AMENDMENT1 - flock
No part of this bill can in any way conflict with the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. Otherwise, it will be challenged as Unconstitutional by those who oppose the entire bill. The original bill is ONLY to provide funding to those states that have authorized the implementation of a program based on the Guardian Program currently in effect in Florida. It does not create any new Federal Laws and does not impose any new taxes.

I have added this amendment to weed out any subsequent amendments that will be unconstitutional if they do not recognise the Second Amendment.You can propose gun control laws, but these laws need to be on the State level. The Federal Government is specifically prohibited from making any law that infringes on the right of the people to bear arms. Whether that goes down to the individual state level is not clear to me, but you can make your arguments.
Asking for information sake - how do you interpret the "well-regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment? I read as allowing legislation to ensure that the armed populace prevalent at the time was regulated to prevent extreme violence.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:31 am

kroxquo wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:19 am
Mon May 30, 2022 7:39 pm
OK, to show how it can be done, I will offer my amendment to the bill.

AMENDMENT1 - flock

I have added this amendment to weed out any subsequent amendments that will be unconstitutional if they do not recognise the Second Amendment.You can propose gun control laws, but these laws need to be on the State level. The Federal Government is specifically prohibited from making any law that infringes on the right of the people to bear arms. Whether that goes down to the individual state level is not clear to me, but you can make your arguments.
Asking for information sake - how do you interpret the "well-regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment? I read as allowing legislation to ensure that the armed populace prevalent at the time was regulated to prevent extreme violence.
I don't want to get into that discussion here. That's another topic. But if you want to get educated on it there's lots of material pertaining to the evolution of that part of the Bill of Rights and what was intended.

a1mamacat

#60 Post by a1mamacat » Tue May 31, 2022 11:45 am

Flock, you really need to seek out some mental health services. It is so sad to watch you spiral like this ☹️
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:25 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:45 am
Flock, you really need to seek out some mental health services. It is so sad to watch you spiral like this ☹️
Wow.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:48 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:45 am
Are you proposing an amendment to the BB Congress bill? Or is this a standalone bill?

silverscreenselect

#63 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 31, 2022 1:09 pm

One woman dead and two other people injured in a shooting incident at a high school graduation in New Orleans. The event was held at Xavier University. This doesn't appear to be a mass shooting incident, but just a "run of the mill" argument that escalated into gunshots, and the woman, who was attending her grandson's graduation, was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

https://www.fox8live.com/2022/05/31/3-p ... nopd-says/

jarnon

#64 Post by jarnon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:35 am

Col. McCraw testified that the classroom door that police waited so long to open had a broken lock.
Col. McCraw wrote:I don't care if you have on flip-flops and Bermuda shorts, you go in.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#65 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:46 pm

NYT wrote:The man charged in the Highland Park massacre was denied bail as questions rose over why he was able to buy guns despite his police encounters.
Wednesday, July 6, 2022 12:52 PM ET

The police said the suspect was able to legally purchase the gun used in the shooting even after someone called the police in 2019 to say that he had attempted suicide, and a few months later, officers seized several knives after a family member reported that the suspect planned to “kill everyone.”
It looks like the "red flag" database may have a problem.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#66 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:17 pm

Thinking the parents should be charged.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#67 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:46 pm
NYT wrote:The man charged in the Highland Park massacre was denied bail as questions rose over why he was able to buy guns despite his police encounters.
Wednesday, July 6, 2022 12:52 PM ET

The police said the suspect was able to legally purchase the gun used in the shooting even after someone called the police in 2019 to say that he had attempted suicide, and a few months later, officers seized several knives after a family member reported that the suspect planned to “kill everyone.”
It looks like the "red flag" database may have a problem.
How can that be, It's a common-sense gun law, ain't it?

It'll be a fun thing to manage. Lots of people will try and use it to get back at people they don't like, I'm sure.

Dems plan: Get everybody to hate everybody else and use the red flag laws to be able to get all the guns.

BackInTex

#68 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:48 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:44 pm
And how about making ammunition prohibitively expensive.
Weyoun wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:04 pm
If you own a gun, you have to pay for an individual license for it. He also must pay for a license to be able to possess guns, after passing a training course.

Then you have to pay for insurance for each gun. On top of that, the insurance premium will be taxed.

It will indirectly work, because it will make it more difficult [added by BiT]and expensive[/added by BiT] for people to obtain guns.
Too bad for the poor folks. They don't get the opportunity to protect themselves and their families. Oh well.

SMDH at the liberals who pretend to really care about the poor, but then make suggestions like this.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson