2000 Mules

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
wbtravis007

Re: 2000 Mules

#76 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:01 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 1:46 pm
Catherine Engelbrecht's deposition before the State Election Board is scheduled for May 26. She is required to produce her documents on or before that date. Let's see what happens.
This lady’s probably making a fortune. A cottage industry.

Kind of like the many JFK assassination theories. Always presented in a manner that many people found to be very convincing and persuasive.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#77 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 pm

I guess what I was saying is that it has happened before. TPTB at whatever time won't be defeated. I know that's a horrible attitude about our process, but I think it what it is.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#78 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran an article a couple of days ago that SSS could have written:

What '2000 Mules' leaves out of ballot harvesting claims

https://www.ajc.com/politics/what-2000- ... WHUREQPEU/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#79 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran an article a couple of days ago that SSS could have written:

Yes, it certainly could have. They obviously didn't watch it either.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#80 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:47 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:01 pm
Wed May 11, 2022 1:46 pm
Catherine Engelbrecht's deposition before the State Election Board is scheduled for May 26. She is required to produce her documents on or before that date. Let's see what happens.
This lady’s probably making a fortune. A cottage industry.

Kind of like the many JFK assassination theories. Always presented in a manner that many people found to be very convincing and persuasive.
Yup. I'm sure that's why they did it.
Keep up the rationalizations for your willful ignorance.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#81 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:44 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm

Yes, it certainly could have. They obviously didn't watch it either.
Here are a few key quotes from the AJC story:
Election investigators have reviewed several videos included in “2000 Mules” and found no illegal behavior, including a video that showed a Gwinnett County man inserting ballots into a drop box, according to the secretary of state’s office. “We investigated, and the five ballots that he turned in were all for himself and his family members,” said Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger during a debate last week.
Even if there were a ballot harvesting scheme, it wouldn’t invalidate legitimate ballots just because they were turned in by unauthorized individuals. Verified ballots of registered voters still count, regardless of how they were delivered.
True the Vote hasn’t cooperated with Georgia’s election investigations, refusing to disclose the names of people who allegedly harvested ballots. The State Election Board issued subpoenas on the organization last month to seek documents, recordings and names of individuals involved. The organization also doesn’t explain how ballot harvesting could have occurred.
Every absentee ballot is assigned to the voter who requested it, and voters can only cast one ballot each. Returned ballots must be included in an envelope that includes the voter’s registration information, signature, and a bar code. Ballots delivered without an envelope aren’t counted, meaning ballot-stuffing wouldn’t work.
While the movie blames drop boxes for enabling ballot harvesting, it ignores the fact that multiple ballots could more easily be returned through the Post Office or home mailboxes, where there isn’t video surveillance. There’s no indication of ballot harvesting in mailed ballots during the 2020 election.
Note that True the Vote and d'Souza are reluctant to name any of the 242 metro Atlanta individuals they claim to have identified (which would subject them to possible legal liability). I'm willing to wait until May 26, which is the date the subpoenaed evidence is due and when Catherine Engelbrecht is supposed to sit for a deposition. We'll see if True the Vote produces credible, verifiable evidence or excuses, evasions, delays, and legal papers filed in opposition to the subpoenas. My money's on the latter.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#82 Post by Estonut » Thu May 12, 2022 2:23 am

Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm
My money's on the latter.
Last time you stated such a thing, you were lying. You are not willing to put your precious money where your mouth is.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#83 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 12, 2022 2:46 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:23 am
Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm
My money's on the latter.
Last time you stated such a thing, you were lying. You are not willing to put your precious money where your mouth is.
Sorry, you'll just have to settle for the pleasure of seeing Flock strut and gloat and post "I told you so"s in all caps on the Bored while rubbing my face in these comments.

If that ever happens.

silverscreenselect

#84 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 12, 2022 2:54 am

Wed May 11, 2022 6:28 pm
And if we don't learn from the vulnerabilities that are in our election system, it WILL happen again.
And if Republicans don't learn about beating a dead horse and keep bringing up these phantom election fraud claims, the same thing will keep happening to them in elections. David Perdue is about to learn that lesson.

Every Perdue ad I've seen in Georgia features Donald Trump complaining about how the election was stolen and Brian Kemp did nothing. That's not the only issue Republicans keep wanting to bring up. Their leading candidate for Lt. Governor is on the air talking about critical race theory.

Republicans should be able to win the midterms easily considering how unpopular Joe Biden is if they just keep blaming him for economic problems. But instead, they want to make this election about election fraud and critical race theory. Soon, we'll be adding abortion into the mix. Those are all winning issues for Democrats, not Republicans.

So keep moaning about the stolen election, Flock. It's music to my ears and, I'm sure, to Stacey Abrams' and Raphael Warnock's ears.

kroxquo

#85 Post by kroxquo » Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 am

flock, I have a question for you. Did the makers of this film make any contact with any of these alleged vote harvesters? I would think if there were hundreds of people doing this, there ought to be at least one who had a bout of conscience, didn't realize what they are doing is illegal, or just would like to make a buck who would be willing to come forward. That is one of my biggest issues with all this. Conspiracies of the scale you are talking about fall apart under the weight of people being unable to keep their mouths shut.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#86 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:50 am

kroxquo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 am
flock, I have a question for you. Did the makers of this film make any contact with any of these alleged vote harvesters? I would think if there were hundreds of people doing this, there ought to be at least one who had a bout of conscience, didn't realize what they are doing is illegal, or just would like to make a buck who would be willing to come forward. That is one of my biggest issues with all this. Conspiracies of the scale you are talking about fall apart under the weight of people being unable to keep their mouths shut.
I don't know the legal ramifications on doing that. Can I, as a private citizen, find a person using the cell phone data, contact them and start questioning them? What I've heard is that they have to find a local prosecutor who is BRAVE enough to tackle this. With all the harassment, doxxing and canceling going on around this issue, that prosecutor will be hard to find, don't you think? You'll have all the stalkers, bobs and BJ's of the world going after them, slandering and defaming them and protesting at their house. I think that is the main reason for the MSM campaign to attack anyone who questions what they all call 'The Big Lie'. To intimidate everyone into leaving it alone.

I just heard part of a nationally broadcast interview with Catherine Englebrecht. She says they are proceeding in Arizona and now have 17 indictments in process.
Also, she verified Operation Ripcord. They are working on getting together all their data, all their surveillance videos and all their stash houses and will make this available to the general public. I did not hear the ETA for this. But she's on record, so the Stalker will get what he's whining about. But I'm sure he still will refuse to look at it and will continue his annoyance crusade.

silverscreenselect

#87 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 12, 2022 10:01 am

Thu May 12, 2022 9:50 am
What I've heard is that they have to find a local prosecutor who is BRAVE enough to tackle this. With all the harassment, doxxing and canceling going on around this issue, that prosecutor will be hard to find, don't you think? You'll have all the stalkers, bobs and BJ's of the world going after them, slandering and defaming them and protesting at their house.
As I said earlier: "excuses, evasions, delays, and legal papers filed in opposition to the subpoenas."

silverscreenselect

#88 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 12, 2022 10:03 am

kroxquo wrote:
Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger did contact one man who was shown in the surveillance videos. It turns out he was dropping off ballots for his family, perfectly legal under Georgia law.

Bob Juch

#89 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 12, 2022 10:57 am

kroxquo wrote:
I don't know the legal ramifications on doing that. Can I, as a private citizen, find a person using the cell phone data, contact them and start questioning them? What I've heard is that they have to find a local prosecutor who is BRAVE enough to tackle this. With all the harassment, doxxing and canceling going on around this issue, that prosecutor will be hard to find, don't you think? You'll have all the stalkers, bobs and BJ's of the world going after them, slandering and defaming them and protesting at their house. I think that is the main reason for the MSM campaign to attack anyone who questions what they all call 'The Big Lie'. To intimidate everyone into leaving it alone.

I just heard part of a nationally broadcast interview with Catherine Englebrecht. She says they are proceeding in Arizona and now have 17 indictments in process.

Also, she verified Operation Ripcord. They are working on getting together all their data, all their surveillance videos and all their stash houses and will make this available to the general public. I did not hear the ETA for this. But she's on record, so the Stalker will get what he's whining about. But I'm sure he still will refuse to look at it and will continue his annoyance crusade.
True the Vote has no indictments in process because they can't. The Arizona AG has none either. Some people have been indicted for one or two voting felonies.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#90 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 12, 2022 8:19 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:57 am
kroxquo wrote:

True the Vote has no indictments in process because they can't. The Arizona AG has none either. Some people have been indicted for one or two voting felonies.
She said in the interview that yesterday there was a press release announcing 16 more people in addition to the 2 that had already been indicted in AZ. I could find no reference to anything like that in a search that I did. But probably no surprise. It might have been ignored. That's what they do.

silverscreenselect

#91 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 12, 2022 10:10 pm

Thu May 12, 2022 8:19 pm
She said in the interview that yesterday there was a press release announcing 16 more people in addition to the 2 that had already been indicted in AZ. I could find no reference to anything like that in a search that I did.
Probably because these people didn't exist.

silverscreenselect

#92 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 12, 2022 11:06 pm

Judge: Perdue’s election fraud claims are ‘conjecture and paranoia’
Lawsuit seeking inspection of Fulton County absentee ballots is dismissed

A Fulton County judge has rejected former U.S. Sen. David Perdue’s request to inspect ballots from the November 2020 election, saying his evidence of voting fraud amounts to “conjecture and paranoia.” Perdue’s lawsuit claimed fraud had cost him a chance to defeat Democrat Jon Ossoff in November 2020. The two candidates advanced to a January 2021 runoff, which Ossoff won. Perdue’s lawsuit cited some of the same discredited allegations of fraud that former President Donald Trump has repeatedly said allowed Joe Biden to win the presidential election in Georgia.

On Wednesday, Superior Court Judge Robert C.I. McBurney dismissed the lawsuit and Perdue’s request for a “forensic inspection” of absentee ballots. The judge said Perdue’s claims consisted of “speculation, conjecture and paranoia — sufficient fodder for talk shows, op-ed pieces and social media platforms, but far short of what would legally justify a court taking such action.”

Perdue issued a statement criticizing the ruling. “Today’s ruling is another example of how the establishment continues to cover up what happened in 2020, and we will vigorously appeal the decision,” he said. “Courts across the country have been dismissing cases not based on evidence, but because of procedural nonsense.”

Don Samuel, an attorney who represented Fulton County in the lawsuit, said McBurney’s order, like the orders in similar lawsuits dismissed in state and federal courts, “reflect the judiciary’s virtually unanimous rejection of the merits of the lawsuits brought by the losing candidates and their adherents. “For the plaintiff to decry these lawsuits as ‘procedural nonsense’ is the surest sign that the plaintiffs do not understand the rule of law,” Samuel wrote.

McBurney declined to issue orders “that would effectively empower petitioners’ unnamed ‘forensic experts’ to intrude upon the sealed ballot materials of tens of thousands of Fulton County voters, hunt for speculative voter fraud or error, and then determine for themselves what the ‘actual’ vote count should have been in the election.” “This quixotic journey,” McBurney wrote, “will not take place.”
I had the pleasure of arguing (and winning) a motion in front of Judge McBurney a few years ago. He summed up this fraud nonsense much better than I could. So add another to the growing list of defeats from Trump and his buddies in these election fraud cases.

flockofseagulls104

#93 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am

Bob Juch wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

https://yumacountysheriff.org/pr-2022/P ... -Fraud.pdf

kroxquo

#94 Post by kroxquo » Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 am

Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am
Bob Juch wrote:

There is a major difference between ongoing investigations and Indictments. This press release mentions only the former and nothing about the latter.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#95 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:16 am

kroxquo wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 am
Bob Juch wrote:

There is a major difference between ongoing investigations and Indictments. This press release mentions only the former and nothing about the latter.
I am not an expert in law enforcement terms or procedures. I posted this because I think this is what Catherine Engelbrecht was referring to in her interview. I know that I don't know what I don't know. But I do try, when I don't know something, to do my own research to try and come to as much understanding as I can. I don't normally just accept what some random 'expert' tells me what to think. That is why I did the research that let me find this document.
Apparently, I misunderstood that she was referring to indictments. But she did say there were 16 more 'cases' in addition to the 2 that had already existed. It looks like this is what she was talking about. So I verified that she wasn't making it up out of the blue. How valid these 'cases' are is another thing I don't know. That is all I know about this particular sidebar to the main topic.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri May 13, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverscreenselect

#96 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 13, 2022 10:18 am

kroxquo wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 am
In another thread, Flock got bent out of shape about the FBI investigating people who issue death threats against school board officials. Now, he gets all giddy about this investigation. As Krox points out, investigations are not indictments. Also, from the press release:
The majority of voter fraud cases in Yuma County are related to duplicate voting (typically charged as illegal voting and false voter registration). Under Arizona law, illegal voting is a class 5 or class 6 felony.
So, if the majority of these 16 cases are duplicate voting (usually voting in two different jurisdictions), that doesn't leave much room for ballot harvesting investigations. Duplicate voting is an individual offense, not a scheme. The press release also mentions investigations of impersonation fraud, usually voting in the name of deceased relatives. These are crimes, but they are committed by individuals, and you'll always have those in every election, and seem to involve Republicans a lot as well or more than Democrats. They are a far cry from "widespread voter fraud."

Bob Juch

#97 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 13, 2022 11:13 am

Bob Juch wrote:

They have 16 open cases, not 17 indictments in process.

silverscreenselect

#98 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 16, 2022 6:58 pm

2000 Mules will be opening in limited release nationwide this weekend. Usually that means under 1000 screens. I know of three theaters in Atlanta that will be showing it, including the Springs Cinema, which is the arts theater a couple of blocks from where we live. I'm sure there will be others that haven't yet posted their schedules for this weekend yet.

silverscreenselect

#99 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 17, 2022 4:39 pm

From today's Atlanta Journal:

Georgia investigation dispels allegations highlighted in ‘2000 Mules’
Surveillance video showed a man pull up in a white SUV and insert five absentee ballots into a Gwinnett County drop box, leading to allegations of “ballot harvesting” promoted by the movie “2000 Mules.” An investigation revealed he was delivering ballots for his family, which is allowed under Georgia law.

The State Election Board voted unanimously Tuesday to dismiss that case and two similar claims that voters had illegally returned absentee ballots. An investigator told the board that in each case, he tracked license plate numbers, interviewed voters and confirmed that ballots belonged to family members in the same household. “Just because something looks compelling doesn’t mean it’s accurate,” said Matt Mashburn, the Republican chairman of the State Election Board. “We wanted to reassure the public that yes, we have seen the videos, we are taking them very seriously, we’re tracking every one of them down, and we’ll report back to you what we find.”

The board decided the cases as “2000 Mules” spreads the theory that 2,000 people in five states, including Georgia, collected and delivered multiple absentee ballots, a practice called “ballot harvesting.” Georgia law prohibits voters from delivering anyone’s ballot besides their own, with exceptions for family members and caregivers of disabled voters. So far, Georgia election investigators have debunked the movie’s allegations, which conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza used to assert that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Republican Donald Trump. One of the videos reviewed by the State Election Board was featured in “2000 Mules” and on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Fox News. The other two cases involved videos reported to the secretary of state’s office.

The voter who filed complaints about the videos, David Cross, said perpetrators should be prosecuted and punished. “No one has been held accountable,” Cross told the board. “I’m embarrassed to be a Georgian. Is this the way we run elections in the greatest country on Earth, like some third-rate banana republic?”

Sara Tindall Ghazal, the only Democrat on the State Election Board, criticized the unproven allegations of misconduct. “Despite the lack of evidence of widespread illegal ballot collection activities, real harm has been caused by these unsupported allegations asserted by people seeking to profit off of it,” Ghazal said.

The movie depends on information provided by True the Vote, a Texas-based organization that gathered drop box surveillance video and cellphone location data in parts of Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. All were swing states where Democrat Joe Biden won. True the Vote hasn’t yet complied with subpoenas issued in April by the State Election Board seeking documents, recordings and names of individuals involved. Ryan Germany, an attorney for the secretary of state’s office, said the organization has concerns about protecting the confidentiality of an individual who True the Vote said has information about ballot harvesting.

The board voted Tuesday to authorize the attorney general’s office to ask a judge to enforce subpoenas and protect the confidentiality of witnesses. “I would encourage True the Vote to cooperate with us,” board member Ed Lindsey said. “Let’s get to whether or not these allegations have any merit.”
Note my comment in an earlier post in this thread, which applies to the underlined section: "We'll see if True the Vote produces credible, verifiable evidence or excuses, evasions, delays, and legal papers filed in opposition to the subpoenas. "

flockofseagulls104

#100 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:06 pm

2000 Mules will be in theaters around the country this weekend. If you had trouble finding it on Youtube, you could watch it in a local theater, and make up your own mind about whether the evidence is convincing or let others make that determination for you.