Roe v Wade overturned?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Roe v Wade overturned?

#101 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon May 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:37 pm
SportsFan68 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:16 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:54 pm

You're right. This is the disagreement. Whole key to it all. And, he who prevails wins. He, in the old timey way of use, not binary, cis, bullshit way, of statement. You're an atheist. I am not. Babe is a being. C'est la vie. For real. Deal.

Plus there's that last trimester abortion thing that, oh, Colorado, just voted in. Hmmm
No, this Colorado law does not allow abortions ‘up until the moment of birth’ Here's the URL:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... until-mom/
Colorado’s law protects the right to have an abortion and does not make distinctions or regulations around a time or stage during pregnancy.

I'm confused. Does that not say what I stated?
No.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#102 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 09, 2022 11:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:54 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:19 pm
There are bills pending right now that would ban IUDs because they prevent implantation of the fertilized egg. I'm not the crazy one -- that would be the Republican legislators who will be unleashed when Roe is reversed -- and denial ain't just a river in Egypt. --Bob
Where?
This one in Louisiana, for one, which has cleared its committee on a 7-2 vote. Any other bill that gives a fertilized egg all of the civil rights of a human being would have the same effect, as well as barring in vitro fertilization (because many fertilized eggs are discarded in the process). --Bob
Does that give a tax exemption and public assistance to fetuses?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#103 Post by jarnon » Tue May 10, 2022 9:34 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:17 am
Here we go!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-a ... ar-AAWZU9y

I'm sure that this will persuade a lot of people to change their minds on this issue.

Here is their website.

I have found their website. I may just infiltrate.
Not just a threat:
Wisconsin anti-abortion office fire investigation ongoing

The government is taking this danger seriously.

Senate passes bill to give police protection to families of Supreme Court justices

Ironically, among those who would be eligible for protection is Ginni Thomas, who has supported right-wing extremist groups.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#104 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 10, 2022 10:58 am

jarnon wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:34 am
Fri May 06, 2022 11:17 am
Here we go!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-a ... ar-AAWZU9y

I'm sure that this will persuade a lot of people to change their minds on this issue.

Here is their website.

I have found their website. I may just infiltrate.
Not just a threat:
Wisconsin anti-abortion office fire investigation ongoing

The government is taking this danger seriously.

Senate passes bill to give police protection to families of Supreme Court justices

Ironically, among those who would be eligible for protection is Ginni Thomas, who has supported right-wing extremist groups.
Yes. Mob rule is alright if it supports the left wing narrative. Just like it was in the 2020 mob riots when covid wasn't a factor. No one in the White House is condemning the intimidation of judges, and the MSM is encouraging it.

We might as well do away with our system of justice and just decide these things on social media.

https://realnewsaggregator.com/news/202 ... platforms/
That is bullshit. But when you control the media and can write anything you want, you can label Project Veritas a right wing extremist group and have people post sentences like that without any thought.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#105 Post by BackInTex » Tue May 10, 2022 5:23 pm

jarnon wrote:
Name two. I'm interested.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#106 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:23 pm
jarnon wrote:
Ironically, define right wing and left wing. And, ironically, are there any "left wing" groups that other justices or their spouses support?

Just ironically speaking.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#107 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 pm
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Ironically, define right wing and left wing. And, ironically, are there any "left wing" groups that other justices or their spouses support?

Just ironically speaking.
Don't read too much into it. Just a random, driveby slander of somebody who, I guess, has become a designated target du jour.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#108 Post by jarnon » Tue May 10, 2022 6:17 pm

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Here's an article describing Mrs. Thomas's long history of activism:
Is Ginni Thomas a Threat to the Supreme Court?

I don't know enough about these various groups to opine on which ones are "extremist," though C.N.P. Action and Groundswell seem to be out there. OTOH, I don't think Black Lives Matter and Critical Resistance (prison abolition) are extremist, but you may. My point is that it's ironic that Thomas is being protected from activists who are the mirror image of ones that she has long supported.

And I posted two articles and a stunning photo critical of left-wing extremism so don't pick on me.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#109 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:25 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:17 pm
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:

I don't know enough about these various groups to opine on which ones are "extremist," though C.N.P. Action and Groundswell seem to be out there. OTOH, I don't think Black Lives Matter and Critical Resistance (prison abolition) are extremist, but you may. My point is that it's ironic that Thomas is being protected from activists who are the mirror image of ones that she has long supported.

And I posted two articles and a stunning photo critical of left-wing extremism so don't pick on me.
BLM movement or BLM organization? Big diff. And why is it ironic for anyone to be protected from any idiot activist? Has she supported violence or something?
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#110 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:41 pm

quote]I don't know enough about these various groups to opine on which ones are "extremist," [/quote]

So why did you go through the trouble of adding it to your post if you didn't know?
Seemed like an odd non-sequitor.
Not picking on you, but you ought to be more careful quoting crap like that.
Do your own research. Don't go quoting stuff just because it's in some magazine or on the internet. (Like my stalker does).
Anybody who thinks Turning Point USA or Project Veritas are 'extreme Right Wing Groups' is pretty much completely indoctinated, and to use that to slander a Justice's wife is disgusting.
But that is just an example of what passes for 'journalism' these days.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#111 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:02 pm

jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:

Are you kidding? Angela Davis et al? How old are you?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_ ... n_movement
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#112 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 pm

It's okay. We're doomed to repeat the past if we don't study history. All good.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#113 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:16 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:25 pm
jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

BLM movement or BLM organization? Big diff. And why is it ironic for anyone to be protected from any idiot activist? Has she supported violence or something?
Yeah, Charlie Kirk and James O'Keefe are always out there every day shooting people and burning things down.
How have we come to the place where someone like jarnon seemingly innocently can write things like this and attach his name to it so nonchalantly?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#114 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:34 pm

jarnon wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:

Here's some more history for you.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#115 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:07 pm

History? Who needs that?
Most people nowadays believe the world only started when they became conscious.
If they ever did.

Bob Juch

#116 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#117 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:07 am

Nice picture.

BackInTex

#118 Post by BackInTex » Thu May 12, 2022 10:28 am

Thu May 12, 2022 10:07 am
Nice picture.
Ignorance can be quite the artistic influence.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#119 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 12, 2022 10:58 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:28 am
Nice picture.
Illustrating ignorance often is.

flockofseagulls104

#120 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:58 am
BackInTex wrote:
Nice picture.
Hey BiT, Give me a call. I need some help in poisoning some air and fouling some water.

wbtravis007

#121 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:20 am

Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 am
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Hey BiT, Give me a call. I need some help in poisoning some air and fouling some water.
Hey, BJ. Give me a call, Comrade. I want to talk about how you and I, and Warren Buffett and them, hate America and love communism.

flockofseagulls104

#122 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:20 am
Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 am
Bob Juch wrote:

Hey, BJ. Give me a call, Comrade. I want to talk about how you and I, and Warren Buffett and them, hate America and love communism.
He ain't good with talkin. He finds some interesting pictures sometimes, tho.