Biden ripped for inflation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Biden ripped for inflation

#1 Post by BackInTex » Wed May 11, 2022 4:13 pm

not Fox but Univision.

November is going to be such a joy.
Now the country just needs BET to wake up. And they will. The absolute worst president EVER is waking up the sleepiest of the Democrat sheep.
And the last word.
President Biden, please.
Stop the blame game and face the inflation problem in this country.
People just can't take it anymore.
Your words today just flabbergated us all, OK?
They weren't just a washing of the hands in the face of a very difficult price situation,
but were also a shameless opportunity to attack Republicans.
Solving this, Mr. President, does not correspond to your opponents.
It does not correspond to the Federal Reserve, it does not correspond to businesses.
It corresponds to you.
You got yourself elected.
You should lead, in order to provide solutions and persuade along with those with whom you must govern.
This is the situation - the worst inflationary situation in 40 years.
Forty!
It's time to blame the moon, the stars, the sun. Clearly.
The worst part of Covid was two years ago.
And we were already recovering economically when you arrived.
It was the administrations's fault for handing out stimulus packages when people no longer needed them.
And it is your fault that to this day we have not set in motion a plan to solve the supply chain problem.
How much longer, Mr. President?
People don't eat off ofpolitics.People eat off of wages, jobe, and oportunities.
The responsibility to do something falls soley upon you, Mr. President.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

Re: Biden ripped for inflation

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:39 pm

C'mon BiT,
We were told MONTHS ago that this inflation was just temporary, remember? I think it was due to covid, just like the supply chain problem. Have a little patience, will ya?
They've got it in hand and are working 24/7 to fix it. But last week Putin screwed it up for us. That is now fixed, I assume. Because this week we learned it's the Ultra-MAGA's. Always somebody working against us. Must be some kind of conspiracy. Whatever... We all have to make sacrifices.
Biden's administration is quietly competent. They will fix it. Check back tomorrow.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

wbtravis007

#3 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm

Tried to tell y’all back when the government was running up record deficits during the Trump administration, long before COVID. Tax cuts and spending increases. Not blaming it all on him, though. Biden’s been bad, too. Starting with Carter, the Democrats have been the ones who have maintained fiscal discipline— at least when compared to the Republican administrations. To blame all this on Biden is childish, and indicates either ignorance or willful distortion.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:17 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm
Tried to tell y’all back when the government was running up record deficits during the Trump administration, long before COVID. Tax cuts and spending increases. Not blaming it all on him, though. Biden’s been bad, too. Starting with Carter, the Democrats have been the ones who have maintained fiscal discipline— at least when compared to the Republican administrations. To blame all this on Biden is childish, and indicates either ignorance or willful distortion.
Haven't spending and deficits been increasing during all admins?
And hasn't immigration been kicked the can forever?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 11, 2022 7:24 pm

Inflation is worldwide. Did Biden cause that? Many countries have a worse rate than the U.S.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 pm

Starting with Carter, the Democrats have been the ones who have maintained fiscal discipline— at least when compared to the Republican administrations.

You insane?
Ain't NOBODY had any fiscal discipline. There has been NONE to even maintain since Carter.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:24 pm
Inflation is worldwide. Did Biden cause that? Many countries have a worse rate than the U.S.
Didn't he say it was temporary, BJ? I remember that. I remember bob or somebody of that ilk telling me that last year. Maybe it was you. Sounds like something you would come up with. And then questioning my intelligence or sanity even for suggesting it. But wait. I might be confused on that. They question my intelligence and/or sanity after every post I make. So I may be wrong on this specific one. They might have just called me some nasty name or something, or said I got my information from Hannity. It's hard to remember.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:04 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 pm
Starting with Carter, the Democrats have been the ones who have maintained fiscal discipline— at least when compared to the Republican administrations.

You insane?
Ain't NOBODY had any fiscal discipline. There has been NONE to even maintain since Carter.
As usual, you have your facts wrong. Would you like to bet me on the name of the last President to sign a balanced budget? I’ll give you a hint: he served after President Carter did. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:04 pm

You insane?
As usual, you have your facts wrong. Would you like to bet me on the name of the last President to sign a balanced budget? I’ll give you a hint: he served after President Carter did. —Bob
May I remind you he was forced to by the Contract with America? Remember Triangulation? At least he was the last dem president who maybe learned something from his mistakes.
Facts are funny things. Sometimes it depends on your point of view. But yeah, he signed a balanced budget that the republican congress submitted to him. The Congress that is responsible for fiscal matters, bob. And it was adhering to the Contract it ran on, bob.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:50 pm

Wed May 11, 2022 8:31 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

You insane?
May I remind you he was forced to by the Contract with America? Remember Triangulation? At least he was the last dem president who maybe learned something from his mistakes.
Facts are funny things. Sometimes it depends on your point of view. But yeah, he signed a balanced budget that the republican congress submitted to him. The Congress that is responsible for fiscal matters, bob. And it was adhering to the Contract it ran on, bob.
Of course, a Republican Congress also approved W’s tax cuts for the rich, which immediately squandered that surplus. Republicans have nothing against government largesse, as long as their donors are the beneficiaries of that largesse. They just like hamstringing Democratic Presidents.

And it was built on the foundation of the 1993 budget bill, which passed (in quite dramatic fashion) without a single Republican vote. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 11, 2022 9:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:50 pm
Wed May 11, 2022 8:31 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Of course, a Republican Congress also approved W’s tax cuts for the rich, which immediately squandered that surplus. Republicans have nothing against government largesse, as long as their donors are the beneficiaries of that largesse. They just like hamstringing Democratic Presidents.

And it was built on the foundation of the 1993 budget bill, which passed (in quite dramatic fashion) without a single Republican vote. —Bob
But bob! I thought it didn't matter what the government spent? It only matters when you start getting nervous about it. What do you care about fiscal discipline?

wbtravis007

#12 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:17 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Haven't spending and deficits been increasing during all admins?
And hasn't immigration been kicked the can forever?
Spending and debt have increased during all. But not deficits. What I said is correct.

I didn’t mention immigration and won’t address it now.

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:11 am

To blame all this on Biden is childish, and indicates either ignorance or willful distortion.
I am impressed at your newfound insight.
Where was this enlightenment during the Trump administration?

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Thu May 12, 2022 10:33 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
To blame all this on Biden is childish, and indicates either ignorance or willful distortion.
To make that comment is ingnorance or willful distortion of what the Univision guy was saying.

He is mad as hell because Biden is dong absolutely nothing to address the sistuation (and perhaps has done things to make it worse). He is not necessarily blaming Biden for (all) the inflation. A strong/good president would be doing things to improve the situation for the US citizens, not shrugging his shoulders, casting blame, and doing nothing.

And many of you lefties will come to Biden's defense, point out stuff he's done, but the bottom line is Univision isn't seeing it so does it matter? What matters is the vote in November and that will be based on the perception of the voters.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 12, 2022 11:00 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:33 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
To make that comment is ingnorance or willful distortion of what the Univision guy was saying.

He is mad as hell because Biden is dong absolutely nothing to address the sistuation (and perhaps has done things to make it worse). He is not necessarily blaming Biden for (all) the inflation. A strong/good president would be doing things to improve the situation for the US citizens, not shrugging his shoulders, casting blame, and doing nothing.

And many of you lefties will come to Biden's defense, point out stuff he's done, but the bottom line is Univision isn't seeing it so does it matter? What matters is the vote in November and that will be based on the perception of the voters.
The rate of inflation is down .8%. Let's go, Brandon.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

wbtravis007

#16 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:01 am

Thu May 12, 2022 7:11 am
I am impressed at your newfound insight.
Where was this enlightenment during the Trump administration?
What are you talking about? Meaning, what did I blame Trump for?

He promised, absurdly, to eliminate not only the deficits, but also all of our national debt, and boasted that he and only he could do that (seeing as how he was such a smart businessman and what not). I'm sure that I warned that those ridiculous deficits would sooner or later be at least a contributing cause of inflation, but I don't think that you ever would have seen me blame him for anything in the sense that you're suggesting.

I don't even think I criticized him for not building the wall and having Mexico pay for it, or failing to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act with something that was going to be "so beautiful" (or something like that), or not "draining the swamp", or not releasing his tax returns, or not explaining the circumstances of Melania's journey to citizenship, or failing to achieve an infrastructure bill, or failing to make sure that Covid would be gone by Easter two years ago.

I don't think you'll find that I wasted my time here blaming him here for any of that. Now, have I laughed at the Trump lovers who fall for the "Promises Made, Promises Kept" mantra, and stuff like that? Sure.