Country over party

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Country over party

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:37 am

Somebody help me out here:
One of our resident e-bigots has claimed he is the epitome of 'Country over Party'.

I can certainly make a long list of spectacular failures that have occurred since the Biden administration took office, but I'm sure it will be ignored.

Can someone (besides my loyal stalker) make a list for me of all the great, tangible accomplishments for the country that the Biden administration has achieved?
I truly can't think of any. There must be some.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

Re: Country over party

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:01 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:37 am
When your news sources are limited to Tucker Carlson and you discount facts, it will be hard to find some accomplishments. But here's what Newsweek had to say. And the reason I picked them was because they have a distinct right-wing bias these days. Keep in mind this list was made in January (the end of his first year in office), so anything related to the actions he has taken in Ukraine the last few months are not on here.
Newsweek 1/20/22 wrote:1) $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package
2) The $1.9 trillion COVID relief deal
3) Highest appointment of federal judges since Reagan
4) Halt on Federal Executions
5) Commitment to Combating Climate Change
6) Support for Transgender Service Members
7) Reduced unemployment
The article doesn't mention the high (although not high enough) percentage of the American public that has gotten vaccinated during his administration.

Joe Biden's 7 Biggest Achievements During His First Year as President
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:30 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:01 am
When your news sources are limited to Tucker Carlson and you discount facts, it will be hard to find some accomplishments. But here's what Newsweek had to say. And the reason I picked them was because they have a distinct right-wing bias these days. Keep in mind this list was made in January (the end of his first year in office), so anything related to the actions he has taken in Ukraine the last few months are not on here.
7) Reduced unemployment
The article doesn't mention the high (although not high enough) percentage of the American public that has gotten vaccinated during his administration.

I think Flock was wanting a list of positive and meaningful accomplishments.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:33 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:30 am
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:01 am
7) Reduced unemployment

I think Flock was wanting a list of positive and meaningful accomplishments.
If you don't think the infrastructure deal was meaningful, you must never have driven over a bridge needing repair.

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:48 am

Please look up the definition of the word TANGIBLE.

Most if not all these 'accomplishments' are party platform objectives and talking points, and very debatable as to the effect on our country.

I did specify that it should be from someone other than the stalker.....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:24 am

Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:33 am
If you don't think the infrastructure deal was meaningful, you must never have driven over a bridge needing repair.
1 of 7? O.K.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:38 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:24 am
1 of 7? O.K.
If I remember correctly, didn't Obama do one of these that created 'shovel ready jobs'? Why didn't that work? What happened there that we needed another one so soon? And why didn't anyone even bother to ask that question?

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:45 am

Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:38 am
BackInTex wrote:
1 of 7? O.K.
If I remember correctly, didn't Obama do one of these that created 'shovel ready jobs'? Why didn't that work? What happened there that we needed another one so soon? And why didn't anyone even bother to ask that question?

I sincerely hope you're not holding your breath awaiting an answer - they can google their little fingers off, but won't be able to name much of any substance. Getting the prez through a speech longer than five minutes without him descending into gibberish, or simply wandering off seems to be a highlight.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kroxquo

#9 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:23 am

One of our resident e-bigots has claimed he is the epitome of 'Country over Party'.

I can certainly make a long list of spectacular failures that have occurred since the Biden administration took office, but I'm sure it will be ignored.

Can someone (besides my loyal stalker) make a list for me of all the great, tangible accomplishments for the country that the Biden administration has achieved?
In addition to the previously mentioned infrastructure bill and covid relief bill:

The country's covid vaccination rate going from less than 1% to 63% with more than 526 million doses being administered;
Unemployment is now at 3.6%, the same as pre-pandemic level;
More than 40 federal judges appointed and confirmed, more than any other President in the first year of his Presidency since Ronald Reagan;
Re-committing to the Paris Climate Agreement;
The stock market has been higher every day of the Biden administration than at any time previously;
Almost universal improvement in approval of U.S. leadership from our NATO allies (Lithuania was the only country were approval went down). The poll was taken before the Russian invasion;
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:43 am

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:23 am

In addition to the previously mentioned infrastructure bill and covid relief bill:

The country's covid vaccination rate going from less than 1% to 63% with more than 526 million doses being administered;
More than 40 federal judges appointed and confirmed, more than any other President in the first year of his Presidency since Ronald Reagan;
The stock market has been higher every day of the Biden administration than at any time previously;
Almost universal improvement in approval of U.S. leadership from our NATO allies (Lithuania was the only country were approval went down). The poll was taken before the Russian invasion;
Krox, I am not going to nit pick. But I did ask for TANGIBLE accomplishments.

Just some observations:

I don't think looking at the vaccination rate is valid, since there was no vaccine available before his administration. And I think you would agree there were many problems with the rollout's administration.
Unemployment? No comment....
OK, they appointed judges. Isn't that their job? And they had a Congress that could approve them without objection. I'm sure it benefitted their party as much or more than it did the country as a whole.
Tell me how the Paris Climate Agreement benefits you or me.
OK, the stock market is higher. Did Biden do that?
The results of a poll or however you determined the approval of NATO isn't very tangible.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:23 pm

Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:43 am

Just some observations:

I don't think looking at the vaccination rate is valid, since there was no vaccine available before his administration. And I think you would agree there were many problems with the rollout's administration.
OK, they appointed judges. Isn't that their job? And they had a Congress that could approve them without objection. I'm sure it benefitted their party as much or more than it did the country as a whole.
The results of a poll or however you determined the approval of NATO isn't very tangible.
Flock says he isn't going to nitpick but he is nitpicking. Construction spending will increase substantially in the next two years thanks to this bill.

Yes, it's the president's job to appoint judges but Trump and Bush had Republican Senates when they first took office and Biden has gotten more judges approved that either of them. Backlogs in getting cases heard does not benefit anyone.

I'd ask what Trump's accomplishments were in four years, but we already know the answer, the Trump Tax Cut bill. Period.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:30 pm

Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:38 am
BackInTex wrote:
1 of 7? O.K.
Infrastructure was a small part (less than $50 billion) of the stimulus package passed in 2009. Most of that money went for other purposes. And Trump had four years and passed never tried to pass an infrastructure bill.

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:10 pm

LOL
In the tank for Biden.
Biden enabler.

kroxquo

#14 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:08 pm

kroxquo wrote:

Just some observations:

I am not sure what you mean by tangible if these aren't it. These are measurable accomplishments.

Since climate change is an existential threat to all of humanity, entering an agreement to reduce it benefits all of us.
The 45th President often used strong stock market numbers to bolster his claims about the economy. Was that just smoke and mirrors?
Much has been made of the fact that Biden has restored confidence among America's allies. This is the only way I can think of to quantify that. https://news.gallup.com/poll/391160/ima ... -nato.aspx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:18 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:08 pm
kroxquo wrote:

Just some observations:

I am not sure what you mean by tangible if these aren't it. These are measurable accomplishments.

Since climate change is an existential threat to all of humanity, entering an agreement to reduce it benefits all of us.
The 45th President often used strong stock market numbers to bolster his claims about the economy. Was that just smoke and mirrors?
Much has been made of the fact that Biden has restored confidence among America's allies. This is the only way I can think of to quantify that. https://news.gallup.com/poll/391160/ima ... -nato.aspx
Let's not forget the stuff that's not happening. To name just two: People are no longer being tear gassed to facilitate a photo op. And there hasn't been a single violent insurrection since the Biden Administration took office. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:33 pm

People are no longer being tear gassed to facilitate a photo op.

Fake news upon fake news, bob.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/02/me ... nA.twitter
And there hasn't been a single violent insurrection since the Biden Administration took office. --Bob
Another concoction of the left-wing media and Nancy. There was a riot, which should never have happened. But it was labeled an 'insurrection' as a political maneuver.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -january-6

But I'm pissing in the wind with you. Just for other people who might have a more open mind than you.

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:39 pm

Only if you accept the rhetoric that it is 'existential', and not a vehicle for economic and social power. Any tangible benefits of the Paris accord are very debatable, and nothing benefits the United States.
You really want to talk about the economy?
Nothing about ANY poll is tangible.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:09 pm

Realize this is regarding political polls, but lefts like Nate Silver, so how can one love Gallup unconditionally? From Wiki

"Poll analyst Nate Silver found that Gallup's results were the least accurate of the 23 major polling firms Silver analyzed, having the highest incorrect average of being 7.2 points away from the final result."
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:33 pm

Well, if you look at the results of a thorough investigation instead of the denials issued the day after the incident happened, you get a different story.
A new report from the U.S. Interior Department's inspector general has found that while D.C. police officers did not participate in the clearing of protesters from Lafayette Park last June, they did use tear gas against protesters who were leaving the area — and did so even though federal police officers themselves were told not to use tear gas during the operation.

The report also finds that the Metropolitan Police Department's use of tear gas — formally referred to as CS gas — "surprised" federal police officers who had been told not to use it, prompting them to rush to gather gas masks to avoid becoming incapacitated.

The 41-page review of the the U.S. Park Police's actions on June 1, 2020, broadly concludes that protesters weren't forcefully cleared out of the park to make way for then-president Donald Trump to walk to a nearby church for a photo op, but rather to make way for fencing to be placed around the park in response to violent racial justice protests that had happened on two prior nights.

The report also sheds light on which police forces did what during the confusing and often violent incident, which protesters and some civil liberties groups said was unprompted. It makes clear that Park Police and Secret Service led the operation, with assistance from the Arlington County Police Department, U.S. Marshals Service, Federal Protective Service, and D.C. National Guard, along with specialized officers from the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. MPD, though, was briefed on the operation but acted separately.

"MPD was not under the control of the unified command and did not participate in the clearing of Lafayette Park," says the report, referring to D.C. police. That conclusion backs up initial claims made last year by then-MPD chief Peter Newsham, who said after the clearing that local officers "did not participate."

But the report goes on to clarify that while federal officers used non-irritant smoke as part of the clearing operation, it was D.C. police officers who deployed tear gas against protesters on 17th Street NW between Pennsylvania Avenue and H Street — even though Park Police commanders had told the officers under their own command not to use it. (The Park Police insisted in the days following the incident that its officers had not used tear gas.)

"We determined, and the MPD confirmed, that the MPD used CS gas on 17th Street on June 1," says the report. "As discussed above, the MPD was not a part of nor under the control or direction of the USPP's and the Secret Service's unified command structure. Near the end of the clearing operation, some USPP officers reported putting on gas masks to avoid becoming incapacitated by what they believed to be CS gas in the area."

An attorney for MPD confirmed for the first time late last month that D.C. police officers used tear gas around Lafayette Park on June 1; the report says that officers said they used it in response to violent protesters. A spokeswoman for the department repeated that claim in a statement on Wednesday.

"On June 1, 2020, a number of individuals in the area of 17th and H Streets NW began throwing multiple objects at MPD officers. This included an incendiary device attack that seriously burned and scarred the limb of an MPD officer. In response to these assaultive actions, MPD deployed crowd control tools that included tear gas in an effort to stop the riotous behavior and protect both officers and others in the area. As was stated previously, MPD was not involved in the movement of the President from Lafayette Square to St. John's church on June 1, 2020," said Kristen Metzger, a spokeswoman for MPD. In the wake of the incident, the D.C. Council passed a law limiting the use of chemical irritants on peaceful protesters, but confusion remains as to when police can decide to use it against crowds it deems unruly.

The report also found that Bureau of Prisons officers "may have" fired pepper balls into the crowd, despite orders not to do so; that MPD tried to delay the clearing until 7 p.m. so officers could arrest protesters for violating a 7 p.m. citywide curfew; and that the Park Police borrowed a loud-speaker device from MPD to warn protesters to disperse but that some may not have heard it and some police charged the crowd before the final warning was issued.

The entire incident at Lafayette Park prompted weeks of criticism, admissions, and denials over who may or may not have used tear gas that day, and a federal lawsuit. Arlington County cited the events of June 1 when it chose to withdraw its officers from D.C. The report recommends the Park Police develop a "more detailed policy" on incidents where force may be used and that it "improve its field communication procedures to better manage multiagency operations," steps the department says it is now taking.
https://www.npr.org/local/305/2021/06/1 ... k-clearing

The claims of the Park Police that they did not use tear gas are correct, but tear gas was used. So, the "mistake" that the reporters made was in not accurately identifying which police were using the tear gas during an admittedly hectic scene the reporters found themselves in the middle of. Not fake news, except in the right-wing view of things.

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:09 pm
Realize this is regarding political polls, but lefts like Nate Silver, so how can one love Gallup unconditionally? From Wiki

"Poll analyst Nate Silver found that Gallup's results were the least accurate of the 23 major polling firms Silver analyzed, having the highest incorrect average of being 7.2 points away from the final result."
I don't care whose poll it is. You cannot use that as a tangible anything.

kroxquo

#21 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Sure, let's talk about the economy. Inflation is way up. Everyone knows that. It absolutely needs to be addressed.

However -
Unemployment down to pre-pandemic level
Real GDP up 6.5% - the largest jump since 1984
Bond yields are at their highest level since before the pandemic
Stock Market was up 19% in Biden's first year although it has dipped in the last month
Business bankruptcy claims are their lowest level in 40 years

And this is all from Forbes, which is not known to be a liberal mouthpiece
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hanktucker ... 6b2fda1ad6

kroxquo

#22 Post by kroxquo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:26 pm

Another concoction of the left-wing media and Nancy. There was a riot, which should never have happened. But it was labeled an 'insurrection' as a political maneuver.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -january-6

But I'm pissing in the wind with you. Just for other people who might have a more open mind than you.
I don't know what you saw that day, but what I saw was a large group of people using violence to overwhelm the Capitol with the intent of overturning the results of a free and fair election. If you don't see that as an insurrection, then I would like to hear your definition.

Maybe we should have a bi-partisan investigation into what happened so we could come to a consensus. I'm sure everyone in Congress would agree and co-operate.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:23 pm

Let's not forget the stuff that's not happening. To name just two: People are no longer being tear gassed to facilitate a photo op. And there hasn't been a single violent insurrection since the Biden Administration took office. --Bob
Well bob, you got me on that. I fell for it. Old tactic of changing the subject. So I'll give it to you.

2 of the major achievements of the Biden Administration:

1. No large group of right-wing protesters turned into rioters and entered the US Capitol without much resistance from the understaffed Capitol Police during the Biden Administration.
2. No group of left-wing protesters got tear gassed after torching a church and physically attacking the MD Police during the Biden Administration.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#24 Post by Estonut » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:48 pm

Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Well, if you look at the results of a thorough investigation instead of the denials issued the day after the incident happened, you get a different story.
A new report from the U.S. Interior Department's inspector general has found that while D.C. police officers did not participate in the clearing of protesters from Lafayette Park last June, they did use tear gas against protesters who were leaving the area — and did so even though federal police officers themselves were told not to use tear gas during the operation.

The report also finds that the Metropolitan Police Department's use of tear gas — formally referred to as CS gas — "surprised" federal police officers who had been told not to use it, prompting them to rush to gather gas masks to avoid becoming incapacitated.

The 41-page review of the the U.S. Park Police's actions on June 1, 2020, broadly concludes that protesters weren't forcefully cleared out of the park to make way for then-president Donald Trump to walk to a nearby church for a photo op, but rather to make way for fencing to be placed around the park in response to violent racial justice protests that had happened on two prior nights.

The report also sheds light on which police forces did what during the confusing and often violent incident, which protesters and some civil liberties groups said was unprompted. It makes clear that Park Police and Secret Service led the operation, with assistance from the Arlington County Police Department, U.S. Marshals Service, Federal Protective Service, and D.C. National Guard, along with specialized officers from the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. MPD, though, was briefed on the operation but acted separately.

"MPD was not under the control of the unified command and did not participate in the clearing of Lafayette Park," says the report, referring to D.C. police. That conclusion backs up initial claims made last year by then-MPD chief Peter Newsham, who said after the clearing that local officers "did not participate."

But the report goes on to clarify that while federal officers used non-irritant smoke as part of the clearing operation, it was D.C. police officers who deployed tear gas against protesters on 17th Street NW between Pennsylvania Avenue and H Street — even though Park Police commanders had told the officers under their own command not to use it. (The Park Police insisted in the days following the incident that its officers had not used tear gas.)

"We determined, and the MPD confirmed, that the MPD used CS gas on 17th Street on June 1," says the report. "As discussed above, the MPD was not a part of nor under the control or direction of the USPP's and the Secret Service's unified command structure. Near the end of the clearing operation, some USPP officers reported putting on gas masks to avoid becoming incapacitated by what they believed to be CS gas in the area."

An attorney for MPD confirmed for the first time late last month that D.C. police officers used tear gas around Lafayette Park on June 1; the report says that officers said they used it in response to violent protesters. A spokeswoman for the department repeated that claim in a statement on Wednesday.

"On June 1, 2020, a number of individuals in the area of 17th and H Streets NW began throwing multiple objects at MPD officers. This included an incendiary device attack that seriously burned and scarred the limb of an MPD officer. In response to these assaultive actions, MPD deployed crowd control tools that included tear gas in an effort to stop the riotous behavior and protect both officers and others in the area. As was stated previously, MPD was not involved in the movement of the President from Lafayette Square to St. John's church on June 1, 2020," said Kristen Metzger, a spokeswoman for MPD. In the wake of the incident, the D.C. Council passed a law limiting the use of chemical irritants on peaceful protesters, but confusion remains as to when police can decide to use it against crowds it deems unruly.

The report also found that Bureau of Prisons officers "may have" fired pepper balls into the crowd, despite orders not to do so; that MPD tried to delay the clearing until 7 p.m. so officers could arrest protesters for violating a 7 p.m. citywide curfew; and that the Park Police borrowed a loud-speaker device from MPD to warn protesters to disperse but that some may not have heard it and some police charged the crowd before the final warning was issued.

The entire incident at Lafayette Park prompted weeks of criticism, admissions, and denials over who may or may not have used tear gas that day, and a federal lawsuit. Arlington County cited the events of June 1 when it chose to withdraw its officers from D.C. The report recommends the Park Police develop a "more detailed policy" on incidents where force may be used and that it "improve its field communication procedures to better manage multiagency operations," steps the department says it is now taking.
https://www.npr.org/local/305/2021/06/1 ... k-clearing

The claims of the Park Police that they did not use tear gas are correct, but tear gas was used. So, the "mistake" that the reporters made was in not accurately identifying which police were using the tear gas during an admittedly hectic scene the reporters found themselves in the middle of. Not fake news, except in the right-wing view of things.
DId you even read your quote?
You are aware that "weren't" means "were not," aren't you?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#25 Post by jarnon » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:58 pm

The distinction is more than semantic. The little-known section 3 of the 14th amendment says:
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
So any current or former government official who’s convicted of insurrection is barred from any future government office. No such ban on participants in a riot.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי