Society is screwed

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

Re: Society is screwed

#51 Post by earendel » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:49 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:37 pm
earendel wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:22 pm

I don't doubt that the nurse told the truth. However the question I have was whether it was appropriate for her to do so. As the article points out, health care professionals have an obligation toward confidentiality and while the nurse didn't name names, it is still not appropriate for her to single out the 11-year-old student on puberty blockers and the others who identified as non-binary.

That said, there is also the issue of her saying that 10 of those non-binary students were keeping this from their parents. Again, this isn't really her business to be telling, but laying that aside, the reason(s) for the students not telling their parents may be as numerous as the students themselves, including, yes, the possibility of abuse. I know of two individuals who were abused because of their decision to come out as non-binary. Anecdotal evidence is not the best, of course, but it does happen and since we don't know the students' reasons, it's not for us to say. As for the school's role in keeping student confidentiality, I think that is appropriate.
Well, I don't. The parents are legally responsible for their underage children. The school is being entrusted with their care. The school has no right, either legally or morally, to encourage or maybe incite behavior in the children in their care without the parent's consent. They would not do the same thing with tobacco use, drug use and other behavior, as the nurse points out. Why is this behavior exempt? That does not even take into account the allegation of the school supplying puberty blocking drugs to a minor. It is not clear whether the parents know about this, but there are many reports that some schools ARE doing this without the parent's knowledge. That is not only wrong. I think it is evil.
I don't think the school was providing the puberty blockers - the nurse didn't say that, she only said that there was a girl who was on them.

Regarding the confidentiality issue, while the school might (I don't know what the rules are in that state) but tobacco use or drug use are harmful to the student so it would be appropriate for the school to take action. Claiming to be non-binary is not harmful, except if there is the possibility of abuse from those parents, in which discretion is called for. Again, since we don't know why the students wanted this kept from their parents, it's hard to judge what's appropriate.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

flockofseagulls104

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:20 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:49 am
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:37 pm
earendel wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:22 pm

I don't doubt that the nurse told the truth. However the question I have was whether it was appropriate for her to do so. As the article points out, health care professionals have an obligation toward confidentiality and while the nurse didn't name names, it is still not appropriate for her to single out the 11-year-old student on puberty blockers and the others who identified as non-binary.

That said, there is also the issue of her saying that 10 of those non-binary students were keeping this from their parents. Again, this isn't really her business to be telling, but laying that aside, the reason(s) for the students not telling their parents may be as numerous as the students themselves, including, yes, the possibility of abuse. I know of two individuals who were abused because of their decision to come out as non-binary. Anecdotal evidence is not the best, of course, but it does happen and since we don't know the students' reasons, it's not for us to say. As for the school's role in keeping student confidentiality, I think that is appropriate.
Well, I don't. The parents are legally responsible for their underage children. The school is being entrusted with their care. The school has no right, either legally or morally, to encourage or maybe incite behavior in the children in their care without the parent's consent. They would not do the same thing with tobacco use, drug use and other behavior, as the nurse points out. Why is this behavior exempt? That does not even take into account the allegation of the school supplying puberty blocking drugs to a minor. It is not clear whether the parents know about this, but there are many reports that some schools ARE doing this without the parent's knowledge. That is not only wrong. I think it is evil.
I don't think the school was providing the puberty blockers - the nurse didn't say that, she only said that there was a girl who was on them.

Regarding the confidentiality issue, while the school might (I don't know what the rules are in that state) but tobacco use or drug use are harmful to the student so it would be appropriate for the school to take action. Claiming to be non-binary is not harmful, except if there is the possibility of abuse from those parents, in which discretion is called for. Again, since we don't know why the students wanted this kept from their parents, it's hard to judge what's appropriate.
Ear, If my child was being addressed by adults and other students by alternate pronouns at school, I think it would be appropriate for the school to inform me of that. Don't you think?
Should a student be allowed to order the school: "Don't tell my parents about this." in any other situation?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot

earendel

#53 Post by earendel » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:29 pm

Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:20 am
Ear, If my child was being addressed by adults and other students by alternate pronouns at school, I think it would be appropriate for the school to inform me of that. Don't you think?
If the adults were doing it without the request of the student, then perhaps the parents should be informed. Pronoun use is becoming more "generic" anyway - most people no longer use "he or she" but use "they".
Should a student be allowed to order the school: "Don't tell my parents about this." in any other situation?
If a student is engaging in behavior that is harmful to the student (such as cutting one's self), or harmful to others (such as bullying), then of course the parents should be informed. But I hardly think pronoun use falls under either of those categories.

flockofseagulls104

#54 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:46 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:29 pm
If the adults were doing it without the request of the student, then perhaps the parents should be informed. Pronoun use is becoming more "generic" anyway - most people no longer use "he or she" but use "they".
If a student is engaging in behavior that is harmful to the student (such as cutting one's self), or harmful to others (such as bullying), then of course the parents should be informed. But I hardly think pronoun use falls under either of those categories.
Pronouns are used when you are talking or writing about someone. Not generally when you are talking to them. I am not where you are from and I am no judge as to how 'generic' this practice is, so the only time I would change from the accepted norm of using the pronouns that have been used throughout my lifetime and centuries before that, is if someone specifically asked me to refer to them in that way (in a nice way, actually) and I felt it was appropriate.
For me, and for many people, this is another in a long line of artificial constructs being force-fed into the culture. I do not agree with the political aspect of it. And I will not be bullied into complying.
Still, as a parent, I would expect the school to at least notify me if this is happening. I would talk to my child about it and find out whether he/she wanted those pronouns to be used and why, or if it was a form of bullying.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton... gullible idiot

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:09 pm

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:46 pm
earendel wrote:
Pronouns are used when you are talking or writing about someone. Not generally when you are talking to them. I am not where you are from and I am no judge as to how 'generic' this practice is, so the only time I would change from the accepted norm of using the pronouns that have been used throughout my lifetime and centuries before that, is if someone specifically asked me to refer to them in that way (in a nice way, actually) and I felt it was appropriate.
For me, and for many people, this is another in a long line of artificial constructs being force-fed into the culture. I do not agree with the political aspect of it. And I will not be bullied into complying.
Still, as a parent, I would expect the school to at least notify me if this is happening. I would talk to my child about it and find out whether he/she wanted those pronouns to be used and why, or if it was a form of bullying.

Look at you two, having a reasoned, grown-ass discussion of differing opinions! Good job!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#56 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:52 pm

I appreciate your viewpoint, ear. But I personally know several 'Mama Bears'. These are parents who saw, during covid, exactly what was being taught to their children and how it was being taught. They now attend every school board meeting they can, and they make their viewpoints known.
You may think that all the people involved in teaching your children have the childrens welfare as their main concern. Most of them do. But there are exceptions. There are self-appointed 'activists' that put themselves in the positions to enact policies that they think are for the public good. Look at that letter from a 'teacher' who detailed how they would sabotage Florida's law. I don't know about you, but I would not want that person within a mile of my child, much less teaching them. Look at our own e-bigots on this bored. What would you think bob would do if he was the chairman of the school board? How do you think my stalker would respond to a parent he didn't agree with?
Look on the internet. There are many recordings of things that have happened during local school board meetings. Look at them and then decide whether laws like the one Florida passed are necessary.

BackInTex

#57 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 am

earendel wrote:
- most people no longer use "he or she" but use "they".
I disagree with this, and respectfully see it as gaslighting.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#58 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:18 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 am
earendel wrote:
It's becoming quite common in written English to avoid possible sexism. This leads to some apparent disagreements in number between pronouns and the nouns to which they refer. When I was growing up, it was common to see sentences like "A doctor should advise his patient about the risks of surgery" or "A school teacher can learn a lot by listening to her students." But those pronouns reinforce sexist stereotypes and would rarely be used unless the gender of the doctor or teacher was already known. And since "his or her" is wordy and awkward, most writers use "their" in both of those sentences.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

earendel

#59 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:48 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 am
earendel wrote:
Perhaps I should have been more specific. In writing, at least when I was growing up, it was common to use "he or she" if the identity of a person was unknown. Now it seems that the preference is to use "they".

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:52 am

FYI, I just took a survery from Warner Brothers about some upcoming films and my interest in them. The first question was "Which of the following do you mainly identify with?" and the choices were male, female, non-binary, other, and prefer not to answer. They also wanted to know if I was the parent or guardian of any children 17 or under. When I said no, the survey ended very quickly.

earendel

#61 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:55 am

Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:52 pm
I appreciate your viewpoint, ear. But I personally know several 'Mama Bears'. These are parents who saw, during covid, exactly what was being taught to their children and how it was being taught. They now attend every school board meeting they can, and they make their viewpoints known.
I don't have a problem with parents being involved in what their children are learning. However there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Suppose a parent or group of parents decided that they didn't want their children taught that the world was round and insisted that globes be removed from classrooms.
You may think that all the people involved in teaching your children have the childrens' welfare as their main concern. Most of them do. But there are exceptions. There are self-appointed 'activists' that put themselves in the positions to enact policies that they think are for the public good.
Again, I agree. But I would also add that there are parents who are more interested in "enact[ing] policies that they think are in the public good" whether they truly are or not.
Look at that letter from a 'teacher' who detailed how they would sabotage Florida's law. I don't know about you, but I would not want that person within a mile of my child, much less teaching them. Look at our own e-bigots on this bored. What would you think bob would do if he was the chairman of the school board? How do you think my stalker would respond to a parent he didn't agree with?
I think they might respond in a rational fashion, just as I think you would do so if you were on a school board.
Look on the internet. There are many recordings of things that have happened during local school board meetings. Look at them and then decide whether laws like the one Florida passed are necessary.
I think I understand the intent of the Florida law but I think it is overreaching and likely to cause more problems than it intends to solve.

silverscreenselect

#62 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:51 am

Look at our own e-bigots on this bored. What would you think bob would do if he was the chairman of the school board? How do you think my stalker would respond to a parent he didn't agree with?
Eau Claire (WI) school board president reports receiving death threat over 'radical transgender agenda'
Anonymous email threatened to 'shoot up school-board meeting' over LGBTQ staff training

An Eau Claire school board president is urging his community not to "cede to fear" days after he says he received a death threat for the school district's inclusive LGBTQ policies. Eau Claire Area School District Board President Tim Nordin told WPR he received an email from a sender calling themselves "Kill All Marxist Teachers."

He said the email included direct threats against Nordin and his family and that the sender said they would "shoot up" the next school board meeting "for promoting the horrific, radical transgender agenda." Nordin said he immediately told his wife, who called one of his sons in from the backyard. They locked the doors, and then Nordin said he went to the school district office. Eau Claire police were called and an investigation is underway.

The email came after conservative leaning media outlets published articles condemning a staff development training session that included a PowerPoint slide that said, "Remember, parents are not entitled to know their kids' identities. That knowledge must be earned. Teachers are often straddling this complex situation. In ECASD, our priority is supporting the student." A joint press release from a group of school board candidates opposed to the training called it an example of "blatant disregard for the parents and guardians of our community's children."

Nordin said he believes the threat against him, his family and the school board meeting was a direct consequence of misconstruing the intent of the staff training. He said teachers are instructed to honor the humanity of students who may not feel comfortable or safe coming out to parents. "And for some students, in some situations, we have to understand the context of that and know that if they're not safe and they trust an adult at the school, that might be the only adult that they have to trust in their lives," said Nordin. "And that's important to keeping children safe."

In a statement of his own this week, Nordin encouraged community members to send a message "that Eau Claire cannot be intimidated," wrote Nordin. "Our schools are too important to cede to fear." "And people need to know that these tactics are being used to try to make them afraid, to try to tear the fabric of our schools and to try to drive votes and control through fear rather than through democracy," Nordin said in an interview with WPR.
This article was originally dated March 24. Since then, Eau Claire held elections for the School Board. The election worked a bit strangely. There were three seats up for re-election with six candidates running. Voting was done on an at-large basis with voters voting for up to three candidates. The three candidates with the highest vote total won. Nordin was re-elected (with the most votes overall) as was the only other incumbent running. The third seat went to a college professor who campaigned with Nordin and the other incumbent. The three candidates who issued a statement opposing the School Board policy all lost rather handily.

When Flock accuses teachers and school board members of having an agenda and suggests that Bob and I might react violently to those who oppose our points of view, he's projecting onto us the attitudes that those who agree with him display. And in the case of one recent school board election, those tactics backfired spectacularly. Making a lot of noise, especially on right wing media, doesn't equal having majority support.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#63 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:52 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:55 am
I don't have a problem with parents being involved in what their children are learning. However there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Suppose a parent or group of parents decided that they didn't want their children taught that the world was round and insisted that globes be removed from classrooms.
You may think that all the people involved in teaching your children have the childrens' welfare as their main concern. Most of them do. But there are exceptions. There are self-appointed 'activists' that put themselves in the positions to enact policies that they think are for the public good.
Again, I agree. But I would also add that there are parents who are more interested in "enact[ing] policies that they think are in the public good" whether they truly are or not.
Look at that letter from a 'teacher' who detailed how they would sabotage Florida's law. I don't know about you, but I would not want that person within a mile of my child, much less teaching them. Look at our own e-bigots on this bored. What would you think bob would do if he was the chairman of the school board? How do you think my stalker would respond to a parent he didn't agree with?
I think they might respond in a rational fashion, just as I think you would do so if you were on a school board.
I think I understand the intent of the Florida law but I think it is overreaching and likely to cause more problems than it intends to solve.
Ear, I appreciate your calm responses, however, per my highlighted part of your quote, it could apply to some educational professionals as well. Specifically in subversion of parental control.
Before I tell my experience with that I must forcefully express my support for 99.9% of teachers. They are underpaid and underappreciated. I was involved for 2 1/2 months of virtual instruction for kindergarten in 2020 for our granddaughter. All teachers should have gotten hazard pay and free therapy for that stuff. Can't laud the teachers enough.

So, back when #2 son, who was a blurter out and class comedian, etc, we were fully not okay with that, yada yada.
Fifth grade teacher, young and sweet, who I believe had put him in time out occasionally, which was fine, at some point was cracked up by the humor in something he said tho disruptive, and rather than reprimanding told him "Don't tell your folks about this."

He came home, told us, and I was a tad peeved...we're talking mixed messages and more importantly, "don't tell your parents".
We met with the principal and her, expressing our concern.
Eventually, not sure because of us, she was terminated.
You do not tell a child to keep stuff from parents.

If it's possible abuse, etc obviously there is recourse. But, sorry, in general, NO.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#64 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:52 am
If it's possible abuse, etc obviously there is recourse. But, sorry, in general, NO.
The issue, of course, is that this particular subject matter is one that far too often becomes a trigger for abuse. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:57 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
The issue, of course, is that this particular subject matter is one that far too often becomes a trigger for abuse. --Bob
Yes, of course bob, any parent that in any way disagrees with you is certainly abusing their children. Probably any republican parent too, which is another reason we need to exterminate the republican party.
So the solution is that we definitely need to sexualize our 8 year olds.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm

Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Yes, of course bob, any parent that in any way disagrees with you is certainly abusing their children. Probably any republican parent too, which is another reason we need to exterminate the republican party.
You're delusional. No one is trying to sexualize children.

But the bullying, homophobia, and transphobia are clearly very real and all too often enjoy official support, or at least tolerance. Here's a case in point, from Irving, Texas. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#67 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Ear, I appreciate your calm responses, however, per my highlighted part of your quote, it could apply to some educational professionals as well. Specifically in subversion of parental control.
No doubt. There are bad actors or rotten apples in every group.
Beebs52 wrote:
Before I tell my experience with that I must forcefully express my support for 99.9% of teachers. They are underpaid and underappreciated. I was involved for 2 1/2 months of virtual instruction for kindergarten in 2020 for our granddaughter. All teachers should have gotten hazard pay and free therapy for that stuff. Can't laud the teachers enough.

So, back when #2 son, who was a blurter out and class comedian, etc, we were fully not okay with that, yada yada.
Fifth grade teacher, young and sweet, who I believe had put him in time out occasionally, which was fine, at some point was cracked up by the humor in something he said tho disruptive, and rather than reprimanding told him "Don't tell your folks about this."

He came home, told us, and I was a tad peeved...we're talking mixed messages and more importantly, "don't tell your parents".

I agree, but as I said with respect to this particular issue (telling parents about a child's preferred pronouns), that could be a trigger for abuse. Also, I get the feeling from the original message from the nurse that it was the children who were asking the teachers not to tell, not the teachers deliberately keeping it from the parents. Plus I can't imagine a parent-teacher conference going like this:
Parent: What pronouns does my child want used?

or
Teacher: By the way, did you know that your child wants to be referred to as [insert opposite gender pronoun here]?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#68 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:35 pm

earendel wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:17 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
No doubt. There are bad actors or rotten apples in every group.
Beebs52 wrote:

I agree, but as I said with respect to this particular issue (telling parents about a child's preferred pronouns), that could be a trigger for abuse. Also, I get the feeling from the original message from the nurse that it was the children who were asking the teachers not to tell, not the teachers deliberately keeping it from the parents. Plus I can't imagine a parent-teacher conference going like this:
Parent: What pronouns does my child want used?

or
Teacher: By the way, did you know that your child wants to be referred to as [insert opposite gender pronoun here]?
But, see, asking teachers not to tell is deliberately keeping it from parents. And why is everyone here assuming the parents are going to go ballistic? Most parents would appreciate the info. And, no, I don't think a child wanting that info to not be reported means there is abuse.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#69 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
You're delusional. No one is trying to sexualize children.

But the bullying, homophobia, and transphobia are clearly very real and all too often enjoy official support, or at least tolerance. Here's a case in point, from Irving, Texas. --Bob
If no one is trying to sexualize children, then there will be no problem, right?
But your comrade, my loyal stalker, previously posted a letter written by an alleged teacher, but an obvious 'activist', that pretty much contradicts your contention.
I would have read the anecdotal 'proof' of your contention you posted, but my laptop has some kind of problem with yahoo anything and doesn't open it. Not a problem, though. Because it agrees with me. Yahoo News is probably the most disgustingly biased excuse for 'news' out there. And that's saying a lot.

flockofseagulls104

#70 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:03 pm

Ear:
Please let's try and be real here and stay on subject.
That is undoubted. But it will take a lot of parents getting together to enact any policies for a school district that are NOT for the public good. While it only takes a few activists getting elected to a School Board to do what you are suggesting. That is the whole point of the Mama Bear phenomenon. School boards have been making policies and curriculum decisions that have been under the radar for many years. See the recent election in Virginia.
Oh, I definitely disagree with you there.
What problems do you see it causing? (Ones that aren't deliberately created by those who are opposing it). You seem to be more concerned about parents' motives and actions than the school's motives and actions. I think, in general, the welfare of the children is the responsibility and concern of their parents. Their views should be predominant.

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:34 pm

Children do start thinking about sex and sexuality well before they are eight years old. They also pick up on their parents' attitudes about them. And parents who attempt to indoctrinate their children into what they think is an "appropriate" sexuality may well be abusing those children.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#72 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:02 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:34 pm
Children do start thinking about sex and sexuality well before they are eight years old. They also pick up on their parents' attitudes about them. And parents who attempt to indoctrinate their children into what they think is an "appropriate" sexuality may well be abusing those children.
Ok. What do you mean by indoctrinate?
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#73 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:45 pm

But your comrade, my loyal stalker, previously posted a letter written by an alleged teacher, but an obvious 'activist', that pretty much contradicts your contention.
Look at that letter from a 'teacher' who detailed how they would sabotage Florida's law. I don't know about you, but I would not want that person within a mile of my child, much less teaching them.
From the Palm Beach Post:
Despite widely shared social media posts to the contrary, Palm Beach County teachers are not circulating or even contemplating a letter to parents that vows to remove all references to gender identity down to the "Mr." and "Mrs." in salutations and any books that contain the identifiers "mother," "father," "husband" or "wife." The alleged template that had reportedly been circulating among teachers and shared by one locally became a rallying cry over the weekend for the conservative group Moms For Liberty, in a post that asked: "What will you do when this arrives home in your child's backpack? Time to take a Stand." But it will not be going home in backpacks.

It was satire, penned last week by a teacher in Detroit in an effort to take his own stand against Florida's Parental Rights in Education law or, what he knows as the state's "Don't Say Gay" law. But the stroke of a key, the teacher set in motion the modern version of the game telephone. Satire was given credence as fact when his missive was reposted in a local teacher Facebook group and then shared by folks running the Moms for Liberty national Facebook page, attributing it as material shared by a Palm Beach County teacher. Reddit and Twitter threads followed, each with thousands of views and shares.

Plenty took the post for what it purported to be and excoriated teachers and public schools for their audacity. Plenty of others were thrilled at the slap back. “I think it shows the dynamic today (and) the division on this particular bill," said Ashley Hall, chair of the Moms for Liberty Brevard chapter, which was among those to share it from that group's national page.

He shared his work on Facebook with other teachers. "I certainly didn't think it would be a realistic tactic for teachers to take. I thought it would start discussions and point out hypocrisies." Within hours, Sue Hobson in Palm Beach County spotted it and did what people do these days when they spot something thoughtful or funny, she copied and pasted the faux letter into a local teacher group on Facebook.
So, while this did originate with a teacher (in Michigan), it was originally distributed as satire to some other teachers on Facebook and then spread as gospel by a bunch of right wingers. Small minds like Flock's and the right wing groups in Florida failed to pick up on this.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#74 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:41 pm

wrote: ↑
flockofseagulls104 wrote: ↑Disney, and the rest of the woke media, have vowed to push for the repeal of a law, signed by Governor DeSantis, that stops schools IN FLORIDA from teaching gender and sexual orientation to students in kindergarten through third grade, and gives the student's PARENTS the right to take action against schools that usurp the parent's authority in that area

Dear Florida parent/caretaker:

The Florida house of Representatives has recently ruled that “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students.”

To be in accordance with this policy, I will no longer be referring to your student with gendered pronouns. All students will be referred to as “The” or “them.” I will no longer use a gendered title such as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” or make any references to my husband/wife in the classroom. From now on I will be using the non-gendered title “Mx.”

Furthermore, I will be removing all books or instruction which refer to a person being a “mother,” “Father,” “husband” or “wife” as these are gender identities that also may allude to sexual orientation. Needless to say, all books which refer to a character as “he” or “She” will also be removed from the classroom. If you have any concerns about this policy, please feel free to contact your local congressperson.

Thank you, Mx. XXXXXXXXXX

Flock, what are you going to do for entertainment now that you're refusing to watch anything other than Tucker Carlson and "our Partner Trump."
Daily Kos? Really? "Whether or not this is a real letter..."

Really sss? You thought it was satire a few posts ago?
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#75 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:41 pm
Flock, what are you going to do for entertainment now that you're refusing to watch anything other than Tucker Carlson and "our Partner Trump."
Daily Kos? Really? "Whether or not this is a real letter..."
Really sss? You thought it was satire a few posts ago?
It was pretty clear at the time it wasn't intended seriously. Except by those like Flock who like to take it as such.