You Go Girl, I Guess

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#76 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:52 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:36 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:43 pm
No. Not actually.
Teaching bigotry is wrong, but not quite to the level of lopping off offending appendages of minors.
Says you. And when a government is elected that sees things the other way (with better factual support, given the number of suicides and other diseases of depression caused by untreated gender dysphoria), this will set the precedent necessary to act on that judgment.

We've been here before, where government literally takes over lives because it doesn't like the way people are living those lives. It's not pretty. You really don't want to go there.

And by the way, my understanding is that surgery generally is not performed until after the age of majority. --Bob
No. Not actually.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#77 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:23 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:19 pm
If course one must define which actual definition of bigotry is correct. Which newspeak is acceptable.
My point exactly. Abbott is preparing to use the power of Texas state government to take kids away from their parents because he thinks he knows better than the parents what's good for the kids. You really don't want to give that power to state government in that circumstance, because if you do, then when the pendulum of government swings the other way (as it inevitably will), you really won't like how that power gets used. --Bob
No. Not actually.
Yes, actually. It's begun. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#78 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:18 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:23 pm
My point exactly. Abbott is preparing to use the power of Texas state government to take kids away from their parents because he thinks he knows better than the parents what's good for the kids. You really don't want to give that power to state government in that circumstance, because if you do, then when the pendulum of government swings the other way (as it inevitably will), you really won't like how that power gets used. --Bob
No. Not actually.
Yes, actually. It's begun. --Bob
If parents can be prosecuted for not providing critical care for their kids with cancer, then why not for psychological issues?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#79 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:58 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:48 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:18 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
No. Not actually.
url=https://news.yahoo.com/texas-investigat ... 55890.html]Yes, actually[/url]. It's begun. --Bob
If parents can be prosecuted for not providing critical care for their kids with cancer, then why not for psychological issues?
But this is like prosecuting parents for insisting on traditional medical care, when the State of Texas wants them to rely on faith healing.

You have no evidence, other than bigotry, that these parents aren't doing right by their kids. The State of Texas is using its power to interfere with that relationship for no reason other than to implement that bigotry. This is far, far worse than anything that's happening with public schools, and I think it will result in a backlash that makes the public school issue look like a tempest in a teapot.

Particularly if a transgender kid is actually removed from the parents' home and then commits an act of self-harm as a consequence of that removal. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#80 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:36 pm

Lia Thomas won the NCAA championship in the 500-yard freestyle, her strongest event, beating the field by almost two seconds. She became the first known transgender athlete to win an NCAA Div I championship in any sport. The championships are being held at Georgia Tech this weekend. According to the ESPN article, the applause she received when introduced was noticeably less than that for the other swimmers. Although Thomas comfortably outpaced this field, her time was nine seconds off Katie Ledecky's world record in the event. FYI, NCAA events are contested on a 25-yard pool (because many colleges don't have longer pools), not 25 or 50 meters as in international competition. A number of protestors both for and against Thomas held up signs outside the arena. Most of the other swimmers in the competition spoke in favor of Thomas, including runner-up Emma Weyant from the University of Virginia. Thomas will also compete in the 200-yard freestyle tomorrow and the 100-yard freestyle on Saturday.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ampionship
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#81 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:37 am

Turns out guys are good a girls' swimming.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#82 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:01 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:37 am
Turns out bigots are good at bigotry and at getting elected as Republicans. Which is why the national Republican Party deserves to suffer the same fate — electoral irrelevance — that it has already suffered in California. —Bob

tlynn78

#83 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:01 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Turns out bigots are good at bigotry and at getting elected as Republicans. Which is why the national Republican Party deserves to suffer the same fate — electoral irrelevance — that it has already suffered in California. —Bob
Stating facts doesn't equal bigotry. Except in the weak-minded.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#84 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:16 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:01 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Stating facts doesn't equal bigotry. Except in the weak-minded.
You've hit the nail on the head.

And speaking suffering a fate of electoral irrelevance, November will be here before we know it, and if Bob is not concerned he should be (but not really because it is what is best for him, he just won't admit it).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#85 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:07 am

Thomas tied for fifth place in the 200 yard freestyle Friday. She has qualified in fourth position for today's 100 freestyle final.

silverscreenselect

#86 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:05 pm

Thomas finished in eighth (last) place in her final event, the 100-yard freestyle.

silverscreenselect

#87 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:59 pm

FINA, the world's international swimming governing organization, has just changed its eligibility requirements for transgender athletes to compete in women's elite competition, including the Olympic Games. From now on, trans women must have completed their transition by age 12 to compete in women's events. FINA also announced that it would form a new "open" category in which other trans women could compete, although how that category would work is uncertain. This policy would prohibit Lia Thomas from competing in the 2024 Summer Olympics.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/i ... ompetition

flockofseagulls104

#88 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 am

29 year old trans beats out a 13 year old female in skateboarding competition.

Whatever their pronouns are must be so proud of their achievement in addition to getting the cash award.

This has a word for it. it's called CHEATING.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/27/trans-wom ... g-contest/
Skateboarder Taylor Silverman led the chorus of discontent, writing in an Instagram post: “Male wins women’s finals and money at Boardr Open NYC presented by DC today. My story is not unique in skateboarding.”

Silverman, who has been skateboarding for 11 years, previously complained on social media that she had lost to transgender rivals twice, including at the Redbull Cornerstone competition in May, when she missed out on $5,000 in prize money by coming in second.

“I deserved to place first, be acknowledged for my win, and get paid,” she wrote. “I reached out to Redbull and was ignored. I am sick of being bullied into silence.”
I especially like this quote:
The outlet said Tres took hormones to suppress her testosterone but still came in over the limit.

Tres served four years in the Navy and had three kids with her now ex-wife before becoming a woman, according to The Mail.

The pair still live together in Los Angeles and co-parent their children, according to the report.

“I am 28, I have three kids, I’m married, I did my time in the military, I own a company,” she said in an interview, according to the Mail. “I’ve decided that I like being pretty and cute.”
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#89 Post by jarnon » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:49 am

Open warfare between Newsom and Abbott:
New law aims to make California haven for transgender youth
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#90 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:49 pm

Track bans transgender athletes, tightens rules for Semenya

This decision is very hard on athletes such as Caster Semenya whose natural hormone levels are high. It’s ironic that a sport that outlaws performance-enhancing drugs is requiring some competitors to take drugs that reduce their abilities.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#91 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:45 am

And the war against women atheletes continues.

Oh so close to a sweep by men.

Trans athletes take 1st and 2nd place in Chicago women’s cycling event
wo transgender female cyclists dominated the podium at the Chicago Cyclocross Cup series last weekend after finishing first and second in a women’s event.

Tessa Johnson, 25, took home gold in the CX Women SingleSpeed event in the Jackson Park race on Oct. 8, after finishing with a time of 38:48, according to race results from USA Cycling.
Johnson also placed first in the CX Women’s Cat ½ race, while Williamson finished fourth.

The race comes months after Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) updated its policy, banning transgender athletes from elite competition.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#92 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:42 am

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in

My warning from 2016 or this one. I chose this one.

Girls high-school basketball team forfeits after trans player injures 3 players in Ma

Most here would never hear about this because it is not being reported in any main stream media other than Fox, that I could find. I Googled "3 girls injured in basketball game against transgender" and the results were from:
Fox Newx
Times Now
The Daily Wire
csnbbs.com
thespun.com
totalprosports.com
ground.new
forums.somd.com
tmspn.com

You get the drift. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc. won't report on it. Why? Because they don't really care about women, at least as much as men pretending to be women.

Anyone who thinks it O.K, fair, competitive, whatever for men (or boys) to compete in women's sports are fools, or hate women. Period, no exception.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#93 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:59 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:42 am

Girls high-school basketball team forfeits after trans player injures 3 players in Ma

Most here would never hear about this because it is not being reported in any main stream media other than Fox, that I could find. I Googled "3 girls injured in basketball game against transgender" and the results were from:
Fox Newx
Times Now
The Daily Wire
csnbbs.com
thespun.com
totalprosports.com
ground.new
forums.somd.com
tmspn.com

You get the drift. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc. won't report on it. Why? Because they don't really care about women, at least as much as men pretending to be women.

Anyone who thinks it O.K, fair, competitive, whatever for men (or boys) to compete in women's sports are fools, or hate women. Period, no exception.
1) This post should be in the political lounge.

2) The incident they showed was a flagrant foul. In high school, a player who commits a flagrant foul is ejected from the game. If the referees gave this player the benefit of the doubt the first time, they definitely shouldn't have done so on a repeat occurrence.

BackInTex

#94 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:59 am
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:42 am

Fox Newx
Times Now
The Daily Wire
csnbbs.com
thespun.com
totalprosports.com
ground.new
forums.somd.com
tmspn.com

1) This post should be in the political lounge.

2) The incident they showed was a flagrant foul. In high school, a player who commits a flagrant foul is ejected from the game. If the referees gave this player the benefit of the doubt the first time, they definitely shouldn't have done so on a repeat occurrence.
1) Thread existed before the Political Lounge. And is not my thread.
2) There were 2 other injuries incurred besides the one video. And unless the trans player touched the other player, I don't see it being a foul, flaqrant or not. At a minium just a jump ball.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#95 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:26 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 am
There were 2 other injuries incurred besides the one video. And unless the trans player touched the other player, I don't see it being a foul, flaqrant or not. At a minium just a jump ball.
The trans player clearly flung her opponent to the ground in the video shown. That should have been a flagrant foul. As to the other incidents, I don't know how these players got injured without any contact. Did this girl have a "trans aura" that repels opponents?

But I think you would see the same thing happening in other high school girls' games in which one team has a player substantially taller and bulkier than their opponents. Britney Griner was 6'5" in high school, and I doubt she had many opponents her size. Lowell Charter School has about 1,200 male and female students in kindergarten through 12th grade, so I don't think they had a large talent pool from which to select a girls' basketball team. You'll probably find similar incidents in any basketball game in which one team has a player significantly larger than the others and the officials don't keep control of the game.

BackInTex

#96 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:51 pm

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:26 am
BackInTex wrote:
There were 2 other injuries incurred besides the one video. And unless the trans player touched the other player, I don't see it being a foul, flaqrant or not. At a minium just a jump ball.
The trans player clearly flung her opponent to the ground in the video shown. That should have been a flagrant foul. As to the other incidents, I don't know how these players got injured without any contact. Did this girl have a "trans aura" that repels opponents?

But I think you would see the same thing happening in other high school girls' games in which one team has a player substantially taller and bulkier than their opponents. Britney Griner was 6'5" in high school, and I doubt she had many opponents her size. Lowell Charter School has about 1,200 male and female students in kindergarten through 12th grade, so I don't think they had a large talent pool from which to select a girls' basketball team. You'll probably find similar incidents in any basketball game in which one team has a player significantly larger than the others and the officials don't keep control of the game.
Did not "fling" his opponent. The oppenent was holding on to the ball, but I guess that's her fault for holding on too tight.

<sigh> like I said...there is a choice of two.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#97 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:51 pm

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:26 am
BackInTex wrote:

Did not "fling" his opponent. The oppenent was holding on to the ball, but I guess that's her fault for holding on too tight.

<sigh> like I said...there is a choice of two.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#98 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:09 pm

Perhaps you could start a new thread at the Political Lounge and link to this one to provide context? --Bob

jarnon

#99 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:09 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#100 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:36 pm

That's funny I don't care who yar
Well, then