Things that make me not want to live on this planet any more.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Things that make me not want to live on this planet any more.

#26 Post by BackInTex » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:40 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:37 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:56 pm
How about Texas House Bill 3979 that recently became law, which forbids instruction that causes students to “feel discomfort, guilt, anguish or any other form of psychological distress on account of the individual’s race or sex.”
You think it's OK to teach that black men are less intelligent and less moral that white men?
I'd be curious to see BiT discuss the morality of slavery and lynchings.
Why would you want to see me teach something that isn’t true? Are you like Bob and want teachers to be able to teach kids they are bad because if what their ancestors did? That’s the point of the bill. I realize you have guilt but I don’t. No one in my direct gemology lines owned slaves. Even if they did, it’s not on me.

You think your a bad person (you agree with the teachings). I don’t think I’m a bad person (I don’t agree with the teachings).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:03 am

Estonut wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:55 am
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:37 pm
BackInTex wrote:
You think it's OK to teach that black men are less intelligent and less moral that white men?
I'd be curious to see BiT discuss the morality of slavery and lynchings.
Tell us more "jokes" about African Americans killing white cellmates.
Rec
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:11 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:40 am
No one in my direct gemology lines owned slaves. Even if they did, it’s not on me.

You think your a bad person (you agree with the teachings). I don’t think I’m a bad person (I don’t agree with the teachings).
Nobody is teaching that white people should feel individual guilt because people in the south owned slaves 150 years ago or longer. Your ancestors may not have owned slaves, but if you grew up in the South as I did and went to school in the 1960s, you got a whitewashed view of history that treated the "War Between the States" as the culmination of many economic issues between north and south, just one of which happened to be slavery, which was wrong primarily because it gave the south a source of free labor that wasn't available to the north.

I never heard of the Tulsa Massacre until I was an adult. I heard plenty about the Alamo and the Battle of the Little Big Horn (which made Custer sound like a heroic tragic warrior).

And you and your ancestors may not have owned slaves, but you have been the beneficiary of a police and legal system that views white people more leniently, more creditworthy, more worthy of being hired or promoted, and less threatening than black people.

Do you think George Floyd would be dead if he was white? Do you think Ahmaud Arberry would be dead if he was white? Do you think that Kyle Rittenhouse would have been allowed to get anywhere near the protests if he had been black?

The purpose of teaching about the history of race in America isn't to make white people feel bad about themselves (although some claim that anything that portrays whites as anything less than angelic makes them feel bad), but to give them a balanced view of what really happened and not a fairy tale. It's also to increase awareness of the disparities that exist in this country. Black people don't need this; they get the talk from their parents as soon as they are old enough to understand who the police are.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 am

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:11 am
Do you think George Floyd would be dead if he was white? Do you think Ahmaud Arberry would be dead if he was white? Do you think that Kyle Rittenhouse would have been allowed to get anywhere near the protests if he had been black?
George Floyd would be dead regardless of his color. Had he not tried to pass a counterfeit bill, he would have likely collapsed in an alley to be found deceased later.

Ahmaud Arberry probably not. But then again Tim Merka probably wouldn't be dead if he weren't white. Neither would Carolyn Kay Davis if she weren't white.

There were 100's of white and black folks at the protests in Kenosha. Do you really not know that?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#30 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:25 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 am
George Floyd would be dead regardless of his color. Had he not tried to pass a counterfeit bill, he would have likely collapsed in an alley to be found deceased later.

Ahmaud Arberry probably not. But then again Tim Merka probably wouldn't be dead if he weren't white. Neither would Carolyn Kay Davis if she weren't white.

There were 100's of white and black folks at the protests in Kenosha. Do you really not know that?
What he "knows" and what the facts are, are two completely different things.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#31 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:56 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:28 pm

:shock: Is that what you think should be taught? Not really shocked. Is that something you'd want shoved down your kids and grandkids throats?
Sorry, what is "that"? Anything that makes a student uncomfortable?
Do you not even know what you posted?
"Anything that makes a student uncomfortable [on account of the individual’s race or sex]".

Are you intentionally ignoring yourself?

Do you think it's okay not to mention slavery existed because it makes White students uncomfortable?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Do you think that Kyle Rittenhouse would have been allowed to get anywhere near the protests if he had been black?
And how many of them were young black men toting AR-15s?

Bob Juch

#33 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:10 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Do you think that Kyle Rittenhouse would have been allowed to get anywhere near the protests if he had been black?
There was only one AR-15 there.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#34 Post by BackInTex » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:14 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I’m sure you’re wrong, as usual.

But to you and SSS let’s compare the number of people killed by young blacks with non-AR-15s to folks killed by young whites with AR-15s Is that where you want to go? Seems like it, but the results won’t support the story you try to tell.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:40 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:33 pm
But to you and SSS let’s compare the number of people killed by young blacks with non-AR-15s to folks killed by young whites with AR-15s Is that where you want to go? Seems like it, but the results won’t support the story you try to tell.
The question is whether or not a young black man toting an AR-15 could have gotten close to the area of the protests. You try to cloud the issue with all sorts of other comments about other crimes, including in your last comment a murder committed almost 40 years ago.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#36 Post by Estonut » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:24 pm

The purpose of teaching about the history of race in America isn't to make white people feel bad about themselves (although some claim that anything that portrays whites as anything less than angelic makes them feel bad), but to give them a balanced view of what really happened and not a fairy tale. It's also to increase awareness of the disparities that exist in this country. Black people don't need this; they get the talk from their parents as soon as they are old enough to understand who the police are.
For a long time, I've heard about "the talk" that black people give their kids, especially their sons, once the kids reach a certain age. After George Floyd was killed, every late night show booked black celebrities, authors and activists to discuss racism in America and what could be done about it. Each host vowed to keep the conversation going. And they did, for two or three weeks. I haven't seen W. Kamau Bell on those shows for at least half a year now. I watched most of those shows, and every single guest mentioned "the talk."

What I haven't seen mentioned in the MSM is that every one of the black people shot "unjustly" by cops did at least one, but usually several, of the things their parents warned them for years not to do.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#37 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

So how come the only three people shot were by Rittenhouse?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#38 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:43 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

What's your point?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#39 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:40 pm

Did you even watch the trial?
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Do you know whether every single $20 bill you've ever bought something with in your life has been genuine? Or do you think he was some kind of master criminal out to pass a single counterfeit bill so he could get a pack of cigarettes. If Floyd had been white, the clerk would undoubtedly have called for the manager and confiscated the bill if it didn't pass that marking test. End of story.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#41 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:01 pm

Thanks for ignoring my post, as usual.
Well, then

BackInTex

#42 Post by BackInTex » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Only three people were seen by him as direct threats to his life.

Do you think he should have shot more? I think what he did was appropriate and enough.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#43 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Did you even watch the trial?
Of course I didn't watch it. I'm still working.

Bob Juch

#44 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:17 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:16 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Only three people were seen by him as direct threats to his life.

Do you think he should have shot more? I think what he did was appropriate and enough.
Of course you do.