I may be incommunicado for a bit..

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#51 Post by Spock » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am

Apropos of nothing really-except I like the story. We drove through a certain town yesterday and I was reminded of the last time 2 women fought over me-LOL.

When I was doing appraisal work in the late oughts-I liked to joke that I had a girlfriend in every court house but there was one that I really hit it off with in a county that I did a lot of work in.

I had a crush on her and we had good visits and maybe kind of flirted back and forth with no intentions of taking it anywhere. She is one of those "In another life, maybe" people.

Anyway, Mrs Spock was between jobs and I was showing her how to do courthouse research so she could help with appraisals if necessary.

We walked into said lady's office and she came out of her chair like you wouldn't believe. For a few seconds, it was obvious that she was ready to fight Mrs. Spock for me-"Who is that hussy with him?" and then she remembered she was married and I was and blah, blah and things returned to normal.

It was obvious enough that Mrs Spock and I joked about it afterwards. I just now realized Mrs Spock was behind me so I have no idea what kind of stinkeye-she was giving to Courthouse Lady. Remember, Mrs Spock was well aware prior that I "Liked" Courthouse Lady."

But for a moment in time-I had a girl fight going over me and that was kind of fun.

tlynn78

#52 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm
We don't follow others' narratives. We make our own. Therefore, tgirlie, I'll have my people get with your people, and if Spock has people, they'll people up with our people and hammer out a contract.

While they do all that go ahead and give me the map and whatever and I'll craft an itinerary.
You are such a giver!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

#53 Post by Spock » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:03 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm
We don't follow others' narratives. We make our own. Therefore, tgirlie, I'll have my people get with your people, and if Spock has people, they'll people up with our people and hammer out a contract.

While they do all that go ahead and give me the map and whatever and I'll craft an itinerary.
You are such a giver!
Hmm, Tgirl, I just realized we have something in common. We both know "Courthouse" Stuff.

There has to be a way I can use that to separate Beebs from TGirlie. They seem to be joined at the hip at this point.

Your code name has been upgraded from "Montana Maggie" to "Courthouse Lady." Nobody will ever figure out who that refers to, plus It pays homage to where the two of us found the documents.

You find it, I find it-6 of one, half dozen of the other. You just happened to open one box with it in, while I was doing the hard work of going through the other thousand boxes in the basement.

BTW-as an aside one of my favorite pictures ever was of the parking disaster that occurred in the Mountraill County, North Dakota Courthouse as Landmen totally swarmed that small-town courthouse in the early days of the Bakken Boom. Fun descriptions of the overwhelmed facilities inside the courthouse as well.

As you and I both come from that world, I am sure you can picture the overwhelmed courthouse facilities.

Spock

#54 Post by Spock » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:21 pm

OH, BTW.

I actually found some treasure documents and maps in the basement, but as I didn't quite trust you I didn't tell you until now.

So why don't we share with each other what we found?

You can overnight me your stuff and I will have Littlest Spock drop my stuff off as he drives by after Christmas.

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:48 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:21 pm
OH, BTW.

I actually found some treasure documents and maps in the basement, but as I didn't quite trust you I didn't tell you until now.

So why don't we share with each other what we found?

You can overnight me your stuff and I will have Littlest Spock drop my stuff off as he drives by after Christmas.
Dream on, cowboy. I didn't fall off the sugar beet truck just yesterday.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire