Some folks learn too late

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Some folks learn too late

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:48 am

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/anti-va ... covid.html
Anti-vaccine Tennessee radio host struggles to breathe after getting COVID

A Tennessee radio host who told his listeners the COVID vaccine wasn’t necessary is now hospitalized with the virus, and he and his family have changed their tune on the shot.

Phil Valentine has used his radio show on WWTN-FM in Nashville to spread questionable vaccine takes, and his most recent Facebook post mocks the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

But now his sister Beth and his brother Mark’s pages look much different because Phil needs assistance to breathe in a hospital’s COVID ward, according to updates from Beth.

“Having seen this up close and personal I’d encourage ALL of you to put politics and other concerns aside and get it,” Mark wrote Wednesday. “When the technician came out and asked...’Do you have any questions or concerns about the vaccine?’ I said, ‘Hell yeah but I’m gonna get it anyway.’”

Phil has had the virus since at least July 16, according to his Twitter page. Beth said as of Friday night he was using a respirator to help his breathing but is not on a ventilator, though she noted that would be the next step if his condition worsens.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Spock

Re: Some folks learn too late

#2 Post by Spock » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 am

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:48 am
https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/anti-va ... covid.html
Anti-vaccine Tennessee radio host struggles to breathe after getting COVID

A Tennessee radio host who told his listeners the COVID vaccine wasn’t necessary is now hospitalized with the virus, and he and his family have changed their tune on the shot.

Phil Valentine has used his radio show on WWTN-FM in Nashville to spread questionable vaccine takes, and his most recent Facebook post mocks the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

But now his sister Beth and his brother Mark’s pages look much different because Phil needs assistance to breathe in a hospital’s COVID ward, according to updates from Beth.

“Having seen this up close and personal I’d encourage ALL of you to put politics and other concerns aside and get it,” Mark wrote Wednesday. “When the technician came out and asked...’Do you have any questions or concerns about the vaccine?’ I said, ‘Hell yeah but I’m gonna get it anyway.’”

Phil has had the virus since at least July 16, according to his Twitter page. Beth said as of Friday night he was using a respirator to help his breathing but is not on a ventilator, though she noted that would be the next step if his condition worsens.
Things are getting a little too quite around here and I haven't been insulted enough lately.

It is too bad that Mr. Valentine had not been taking regular doses of Ivermectin (one of the most widely used drugs in the world) as a prophylaptic against Covid.

I await with breathless anticipation at what drug experts will be produced here with 5 seconds of Googling "Ivermectin."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:17 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 am
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:48 am
https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/anti-va ... ti-vaccine Tennessee radio host struggles to breathe after getting COVID

Things are getting a little too quite around here and I haven't been insulted enough lately.

It is too bad that Mr. Valentine had not been taking regular doses of Ivermectin (one of the most widely used drugs in the world) as a prophylaptic against Covid.

I await with breathless anticipation at what drug experts will be produced here with 5 seconds of Googling "Ivermectin."
Wrong question. You have the burden of proof. The right question is where is your evidence that drug is safe and effective?

But if you really want to play this game, we can. It’s too bad Mr. Valentine voted for Donny. The evidence shows that at this point in the pandemic, having voted for Donny causes more frequent and more severe COVID infections than having voted for his opponents. Don’t believe me? Prove me wrong. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 am

There are some clinical trials going on right now of Ivermectin as a COVID therapy. Until then, virtually every reliable medical organization in the world has cautioned against its use. However, a recent small-scale study at Oxford University found:
In comparison to SOC [Standard of Care] or placebo, IVM did not reduce all-cause mortality, length of stay or viral clearance in RCTs in COVID-19 patients with mostly mild disease. IVM did not have an effect on AEs or severe AEs. IVM is not a viable option to treat COVID-19 patients.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-ar ... 91/6310839

As for the major study that claimed Ivermectin was effective:
The Guardian 7/15/21 wrote:The efficacy of a drug being promoted by rightwing figures worldwide for treating Covid-19 is in serious doubt after a major study suggesting the treatment is effective against the virus was withdrawn due to “ethical concerns”. The preprint study on the efficacy and safety of ivermectin – a drug used against parasites such as worms and headlice – in treating Covid-19, led by Dr Ahmed Elgazzar from Benha University in Egypt, was published on the Research Square website in November.

It claimed to be a randomised control trial, a type of study crucial in medicine because it is considered to provide the most reliable evidence on the effectiveness of interventions due to the minimal risk of confounding factors influencing the results. Elgazzar is listed as chief editor of the Benha Medical Journal, and is an editorial board member. The study found that patients with Covid-19 treated in hospital who “received ivermectin early reported substantial recovery” and that there was “a substantial improvement and reduction in mortality rate in ivermectin treated groups” by 90%.

But the drug’s promise as a treatment for the virus is in serious doubt after the Elgazzar study was pulled from the Research Square website on Thursday “due to ethical concerns”. Research Square did not outline what those concerns were. A medical student in London, Jack Lawrence, was among the first to identify serious concerns about the paper, leading to the retraction. He first became aware of the Elgazzar preprint when it was assigned to him by one of his lecturers for an assignment that formed part of his master’s degree. He found the introduction section of the paper appeared to have been almost entirely plagiarised. It appeared that the authors had run entire paragraphs from press releases and websites about ivermectin and Covid-19 through a thesaurus to change key words. “Humorously, this led to them changing ‘severe acute respiratory syndrome’ to ‘extreme intense respiratory syndrome’ on one occasion,” Lawrence said.

The data also looked suspicious to Lawrence, with the raw data apparently contradicting the study protocol on several occasions. “The authors claimed to have done the study only on 18-80 year olds, but at least three patients in the dataset were under 18,” Lawrence said. “The authors claimed they conducted the study between the 8th of June and 20th of September 2020, however most of the patients who died were admitted into hospital and died before the 8th of June according to the raw data. The data was also terribly formatted, and includes one patient who left hospital on the non-existent date of 31/06/2020.”

There were other concerns. “In their paper, the authors claim that four out of 100 patients died in their standard treatment group for mild and moderate Covid-19,” Lawrence said. “According to the original data, the number was 0, the same as the ivermectin treatment group. In their ivermectin treatment group for severe Covid-19, the authors claim two patients died, but the number in their raw data is four.”

Lawrence and the Guardian sent Elgazzar a comprehensive list of questions about the data, but did not receive a reply. The university’s press office also did not respond.

Lawrence contacted an Australian chronic disease epidemiologist from the University of Wollongong, Gideon Meyerowitz-Katz, and a data analyst affiliated with Linnaeus University in Sweden who reviews scientific papers for errors, Nick Brown, for help analysing the data and study results more thoroughly. Brown created a comprehensive document uncovering numerous data errors, discrepancies and concerns, which he provided to the Guardian. According to his findings the authors had clearly repeated data between patients. “The main error is that at least 79 of the patient records are obvious clones of other records,” Brown told the Guardian. “It’s certainly the hardest to explain away as innocent error, especially since the clones aren’t even pure copies. There are signs that they have tried to change one or two fields to make them look more natural.”

Other studies on ivermectin are still under way. In the UK, the University of Oxford is testing whether giving people with Covid-19 ivermectin prevents them ending up in hospital.

The Elgazzar study was one of the the largest and most promising showing the drug may help Covid patients, and has often been cited by proponents of the drug as evidence of its effectiveness. This is despite a peer-reviewed paper published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases in June finding ivermectin is “not a viable option to treat COVID-19 patients”.

Meyerowitz-Katz told the Guardian that “this is one of the biggest ivermectin studies out there”, and it appeared to him the data was “just totally faked”. This was concerning because two meta-analyses of ivermectin for treating Covid-19 had included the Elgazzar study in the results. A meta-analysis is a statistical analysis that combines the results of multiple scientific studies to determine what the overall scientific literature has found about a treatment or intervention.

“Because the Elgazzar study is so large, and so massively positive – showing a 90% reduction in mortality – it hugely skews the evidence in favour of ivermectin,” Meyerowitz-Katz said. “If you remove this one study from the scientific literature, suddenly there are very few positive randomised control trials of ivermectin for Covid-19. Indeed, if you get rid of just this research, most meta-analyses that have found positive results would have their conclusions entirely reversed.”
https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... l-concerns

It never ceases to amaze me that Spock, BiT and the other vaccine nay-sayers are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of any alternative COVID treatment, no matter how flimsy, or, in this case faked, the evidence.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SpacemanSpiff

#5 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:40 pm

According to a CBS News report, he might have been taking the drug:
On the radio, Valentine said he was "taking vitamin D like crazy" and that a doctor agreed to prescribe ivermectin, according to the AP.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm
You've already died from stupid, you just don't know it.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

wbtravis007

#9 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:06 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm
You've already died from stupid, you just don't know it.
Hate to say it, but I definitely did not chortle mightily at this.

Oh well. Hell, even Buddy Sorrell had some duds from time to time.

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am

More crap from two members of the Dunning-Kruger club.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Phil Valentine has now died.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:15 pm

Conservative radio host who swore off Covid-19 vaccine dies after contracting virus

Not Phil Valentine, but a story that is repeating itself over and over. This time, it's Pastor Bob Enyart from Colorado, who just last month swore off taking any of the vaccines. He has now sworn off breathing. Ironically, the name of Enyart's radio show was "Real Science Radio." I'm not sure what sort of real science they espoused on the show. Last fall, Enyart won a lawsuit against Colorado's mask mandate and crowd restrictions as they applied to churches. His co-host on the radio show called Enyart "one of the smartest, and without question the wisest person I've known."

Enyart called for boycotting the various COVID vaccines because he claimed that they were developed using aborted fetal cells. He said that boycotting the vaccines would "put pressure on the child killers." On his radio show, he called for women who had abortions to receive the death penalty. Earlier, when Enyart had a TV show, he would read obituaries of AIDS victims while playing "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen.

Enyart is at least the fifth conservative radio personality to die from COVID. Somehow, the previous sentence comes to mind.

earendel

#13 Post by earendel » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:49 am

And on a personal note, I have a good friend who has steadfastly refused to get vaccinated. His wife was equally adamant, and she is a health care worker (nurse in a neonatal intensive care unit). The wife was prepared to quit her job if her employer insisted on employees getting vaccinated. Well, both of them contracted COVID, and she is now in the ICU of the hospital where she worked. She's been on a ventilator for almost three weeks. The husband had an argument with his wife's doctor - he wanted her to be given ivermectin, which the doctor refused to do. I haven't had the nerve to ask if he has changed his opinion on vaccination.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:34 pm

A married Alabama couple known for their reselling videos on YouTube under the name “Alabama Pickers” have both died of COVID. Dusty and Tristan Graham lived in Huntsville, where they would often post videos about various tips and tricks to reselling vintage items like clothes and home decor. They sold on eBay under the username, bama4348.

Dusty died Thursday, almost three weeks after his wife did, according to the GoFundMe page set up by one of their children. One of the last videos the married couple posted on their now deleted YouTube channel was about how they wouldn’t get the vaccine. “I’ve got my own passport. It’s called the ‘Bill of Rights,’” Dusty said in the video around the 41:30 mark. “I think this will be all behind us in a couple of years.” Dusty later spelled out the word vaccine and said that it was actually a form of immunity therapy they were giving people. The pair then talked about everything they had survived already, including bone cancer, in Tristan’s case. They also talked about COVID and the vaccine at length on their deleted channel.
https://www.al.com/news/2021/09/alabama ... covid.html

jaybee

#15 Post by jaybee » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 am

They are definitely correct - “I think this will be all behind us in a couple of years.”

A couple of years down the road they are not going to be bothered by anything. It's a shame that they became another set of victims to this horrible disease. I'm not going to fault them for making their choice but going to assume that they would not have been happy with the outcome. From what I've seen it's pretty universal - Anti-vaxxers who have gotten sick to the point where they are hospitalized either die or express regret that they did not get the vaccine. I expect that trend to continue. Maybe eventually some of them will figure it out in advance, but I doubt it.

From the people that I know who have contacted Covid, it's pretty obvious: Most of them did not get the vaccine although I know of two who were vaxxed, yet still got infected. The vaxxed people had mild symptoms for a few days. The unvaccinated people ran the complete gauntlet from hardly any symptoms at all, to being really sick at home, to short (and long) hospital stays to dying from it. One friend who is just now able to get out again after a horrible two weeks sick at home said, "This was much worse than chemo". She is still weak, has a hacking cough and has found that many foods just taste "awful".

This all ties in with our local and state-wide reports. It looks like we are well up in the upper 90% range of all who contact Covid being non-vaccinated. Low 90% range of people in the hospital being non-vaccinated. Deaths are at 100% being non-vaccinated although I know that some people somewhere were vaccinated and did die. Here in Tennessee we are currently #1 (Yea Us!) We have the highest per population rate of Covid infections and deaths. In our fairly small county, we are losing two people a day, every day to Covid. Most of these are not famous radio announcers or mildly famous bloggers - they're just numbers of dead people.
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:44 pm

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:34 am

jaybee wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 am
From what I've seen it's pretty universal - Anti-vaxxers who have gotten sick to the point where they are hospitalized either die or express regret that they did not get the vaccine. I expect that trend to continue. Maybe eventually some of them will figure it out in advance, but I doubt it.
Laura Loomer apparently has not learned her lesson. She is taking Azithromycin and Hydroxychloroquine. However, she said she still doesn't plan to take the vaccine and said on Friday: "[The leftist media's] hopes that i die are a clear reminder that the left's growing outrage over supposed increased COVID deaths is all for show and political gain."

The worst part about the current pandemic is the vaccinated people who are not getting the hospital care they need for other ailments because ICUs and emergency rooms are overflowing with unvaccinated COVID cases. I heard a father of a 12-year-old boy who had to wait with his son in the emergency room of a Florida hospital for hours after the son's appendix had burst.

I'm old enough to remember the anti-smoking public service ads from William Talman (the DA on the Perry Mason show) and later Yul Brynner made. Both men were heavy smokers who died from lung cancer. Talman's in particular were touching because he filmed them with his daughters around him and talked about how he didn't mind losing all those cases on the TV show but was now in one fight he definitely didn't want to lose. I'm wondering if some of these anti-vaxxers would film similar TV spots. If they can't talk, they could just be seen trying to breathe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Two of SteelersFan's co-workers just got back from a visit to a covid hot spot in Idaho. Thanks to SteelersFan finding a clinic and making an appointment for them, they got vaccinated before their visit to their grandson. Instead of a severe case that probably would have killed one or both of them, they are both home recuperating with flu-like symptoms. They did test positive a couple days after their return, and the boss told them not to come to work until they felt well. According to SteelersFan, they would have gone unprotected to Idaho if he hadn't found them a vaccine. They were in the "it's only 1% fatal" camp . . .

I'm glad they're on the way to recovery and grateful to SteelersFan for helping his co-workers like that.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Spock

#19 Post by Spock » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:56 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:20 pm
Two of SteelersFan's co-workers just got back from a visit to a covid hot spot in Idaho. Thanks to SteelersFan finding a clinic and making an appointment for them, they got vaccinated before their visit to their grandson. Instead of a severe case that probably would have killed one or both of them, they are both home recuperating with flu-like symptoms. They did test positive a couple days after their return, and the boss told them not to come to work until they felt well. According to SteelersFan, they would have gone unprotected to Idaho if he hadn't found them a vaccine. They were in the "it's only 1% fatal" camp . . .

I'm glad they're on the way to recovery and grateful to SteelersFan for helping his co-workers like that.
OK, it is great that they got vaccinated, but you might be reaching a little (a lot?)to say that it "Probably would have killed one or both."

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:42 pm

A woman who became the center of a harassment campaign against a Chicago hospital as QAnon supporters demanded they treat her COVID-19 diagnosis with ivermectin has died, according to reports. Veronica Wolski, a popular QAnon advocate best known for hanging banners from a bridge in Chicago, died in the early hours of Monday morning after spending weeks in hospital with COVID-19. Veronica Wolski was known for her so-called, “People’s Bridge,” where she dropped anti-vaccine disinformation leaflets off a bridge in Chicago.

Her death was announced on Telegram by conspiracy theorist Lin Wood, one of the biggest and most influential QAnon supporters. Wood previously urged his 814,000 Telegram followers to ring up the Amita Health Resurrection Medical Center and demand that Wolski be treated with ivermectin instead of approved and tested drugs or vaccines. In his post on Telegram, Wood claimed that Wolski had been murdered by the hospital for refusing to treat her COVID with ivermectin. "It is our responsibility to ensure that these medical murders stop NOW and the perpetrators be brought to justice."

In response to Wood's request, the hospital received hundreds of calls demanding that Wolski receive ivermectin. Demonstrators also showed up at the hospital to harrass personnel trying to enter the facility.

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-veronica ... in-1628348

earendel

#21 Post by earendel » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:01 pm

The number of deaths from COVID-19 has now surpassed the total number of deaths from the 1918 influenza pandemic.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

BackInTex

#22 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:20 pm

earendel wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:01 pm
The number of deaths from COVID-19 has now surpassed the total number of deaths from the 1918 influenza pandemic.
Roughly 0.7% of the US population of 1917 died from the Spanish Flu.
Roughly 0.2% of the US population of 2019 has died with/of Covid.

Worldwide 1/3 of the population got infected with the Spanish Flu. So far only 3% has been diagnosed (officially deemed a case).

We've got a ways to go for comparable impact.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#23 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:12 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:20 pm
earendel wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:01 pm
Roughly 0.7% of the US population of 1917 died from the Spanish Flu.
Roughly 0.2% of the US population of 2019 has died with/of Covid.

Worldwide 1/3 of the population got infected with the Spanish Flu. So far only 3% has been diagnosed (officially deemed a case).

We've got a ways to go for comparable impact.
Still, it's one out of five hundred.

jaybee

#24 Post by jaybee » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:19 pm

I don't see the point in cherrypicking stats to make something look better - or worse. Sure, 0.2% looks one hell of a lot better than 0.7% and yes, it certainly does prove the point that the flu outbreak in 1917 was fatal to a larger percentage of the population. Makes sense, since we have made huge medical advancements in the last 100 years that despite how poorly we are battling Covid, we are certainly more able to fight it than we were a pandemic in 1917. But I don't see the point in all the comparisons.

Back in the early days of Covid in the Spring of 2020, Covid nay-sayers would compare 10,000 dead of Covid to the 35,000 who die each year in auto accidents. I saw many, many posts with the "would that keep you from driving?" theme. And yes, at the time that point was entirely correct - as well as totally meaningless. We can research and find countless examples to prove how bad Covid-19 is. We can research and find countless examples to prove that it's nowhere near as bad as (insert your tragedy here). We are doing this foolish one-upmanship on a personal level in on-line forums and we are doing the same thing at a state and national level to justify our Covid response. It's a stupid game where it's become more important to 'be' right than to 'do' what's needed.

Please excuse me for being totally, fucking over it.

2,000 Americans will die today from Covid. They join the same number who died yesterday. By next week it will be up by another 10,000. And it will continue. At this point, there is nothing we can do to keep the U.S. Covid death toll from passing three-quarters of a million people. Nothing. It's already too late.

In 2020, we did not have much of a choice. Now here in 2021 we do. Of those 2,000 people who will die today as well as those who are next to go - all (or very nearly all) were preventable with the currently available vaccines. Added to that, almost all of the (what - 150,000?) who are currently hospitalized are unvaccinated. Pro-vax or anti-vax does not and will not change the truth of this. Like it or not, these are the facts.
Jaybee

BackInTex

#25 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).
The fact that the "FDA has not approved" is meaningless since most here got vaccinated before the vaccines were approved.
And I don't believe people pushing Ivermectin are saying it cures Covid. They say it helps with the side affect of the clogged lungs, which is what kills many if not most.

Aspirin does not cure a damn thing but it has saved many people because it reduces the deadly fever caused by many illnesses while the body fights the disease or the disease runs it course.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson