Racist attack on Larry Elder, leftists silent

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Racist attack on Larry Elder, leftists silent

#26 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:02 pm

“Beebs52 “ wrote: [quote="Bob Juch”]

What he said is that the non-Trumpists are being drummed out of the party
Stats please
[/quote]

By non-Trumpists they mean RINOs like Liz Cheney and Romney.
Last edited by BackInTex on Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:40 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 pm
Good luck with this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=80010808
What the hell does that have to do with anything in this thread?
Another example of perhaps non mainstream dems. Sorta y'alls' same problem?
I don't see any problem. She attracted more attention to her cause than she would have making a dozen speeches in Congress. She got face time with people she normally wouldn't have. The gown was donated by the designer and her tickets were comped. And most of the American public agrees with her. The people who were upset were the usual suspects who have fainting spells anytime someone proposes a tax increase on the highest earners.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#28 Post by Estonut » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:05 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:57 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:48 am
I hadn't commented because I hadn't seen anything about this. There is no indication that this was a racist attack.
Wearing a gorilla suit to attack a Black candidate suggests the possibility of a racist motive.
It was just a mask; maybe it was the only thing handy.

If it was a racist attack, we need to examine who does racist attacks, liberals or white supremacists?
"It was just a mask; maybe it was the only thing handy."

Handy? Could you possibly be more stupid? I'd wager she's had another mask much more handy than her gorilla mask for the last year and a half! Probably spares, too.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#29 Post by Estonut » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:41 am
So let me get this straight. No Republican has won a statewide race in California since 2006, Democrats enjoy an enormous numerical voter-registration advantage here, the latest polling is showing Governor Newsom retaining office by margins ranging from 15-20 points, and the leading Republican candidate for governor is claiming that the only way he could lose is voter fraud.

Is it any wonder so many Democrats have concluded that the entire Republican Party has rejected the very concept of democracy?
Yes, there are tons of Democrats here. I've yet to hear of any of them being told they've "already voted." Curious that this "equipment issue" has only affected Republicans.

San Fernando Valley residents cast provisional ballots due to equipment issue
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#30 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:11 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

I don't see any problem. She attracted more attention to her cause than she would have making a dozen speeches in Congress. She got face time with people she normally wouldn't have. The gown was donated by the designer and her tickets were comped. And most of the American public agrees with her. The people who were upset were the usual suspects who have fainting spells anytime someone proposes a tax increase on the highest earners.
Do you even see how silly you sound? The Met gala as a forum for...I'm sorry. My head just fucking exploded and that didn't happen with my fucking brain tumor.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#31 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm

I gave you guys, Bob#, Bob J and SSS, some sort of slack forever. I honestly didn't realize you were totally in the total weird zone. I am an idiot.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#32 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:34 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 pm
Good luck with this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=80010808
Did you read the whole article or just the headline?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#33 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm
I gave you guys, Bob#, Bob J and SSS, some sort of slack forever. I honestly didn't realize you were totally in the total weird zone. I am an idiot.
I agree with your self-assessment.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#34 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Estonut wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
So let me get this straight. No Republican has won a statewide race in California since 2006, Democrats enjoy an enormous numerical voter-registration advantage here, the latest polling is showing Governor Newsom retaining office by margins ranging from 15-20 points, and the leading Republican candidate for governor is claiming that the only way he could lose is voter fraud.

Is it any wonder so many Democrats have concluded that the entire Republican Party has rejected the very concept of democracy?
Yes, there are tons of Democrats here. I've yet to hear of any of them being told they've "already voted." Curious that this "equipment issue" has only affected Republicans.

You need to go back to school to learn the difference between "many" and "all".

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#35 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:49 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:34 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Yes. It's the Met gala.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#36 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
I agree with your self-assessment.
Thanks. Duly noted. I consider the source. No worries.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#37 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:49 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:34 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Yes. It's the Met gala.
That was the headline. Did you read the whole article?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#38 Post by Estonut » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:39 pm
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Actually, I learned both words well before I started school. Where is it that you think I used them improperly?
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#39 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble here....
Voters from across the political spectrum expressed frustration and dismay as they reported having trouble casting a ballot at a Woodland Hills vote center in Tuesday’s recall election, though a county elections official said the problem had been addressed. Several voters from both the Republican and Democratic parties said they tried to drop off vote-by-mail ballots or vote in person at the Disabled American Veterans 73 vote center on Tuesday, only to be told they had already voted. As a result, they were offered provisional ballots, which are counted after registered voters who cast them are confirmed not to have already voted. Nonetheless, some voters were unhappy with the situation.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/more-s ... -persists/

So it looks like people were affected regardless of party. The difference probably is that Democrats just went about their business and cast provisional ballots while Republicans started screaming election fraud to Fox News.

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 pm

From what I understand, the late reporting vote is more likely to trend in favor of recall than what's been reported so far. But for point of comparison:

2020 Presidential election (California)

Biden 63.5%
Trump 34.3%

2018 Governor's Election

Newsom 61.9%
Cox 38.1%

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#41 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:06 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:52 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:41 pm
That would be like me saying all dems are social panderers and fake justice warriors with no core. But, surely not.
Republicans who are pushing these views are winning primaries. Those who are pushing back against the narrative are being drummed out of the party. Nothing close to that is true of Democrats,. --Bob
Who says? You're assuming all repubs are Trump peeps. Just stop it.
Perhaps not. But there are enough Republicans in Donny's thrall that his supporters win most Republican primaries. They have enough control over the party to punish people like Rep. Cheney for doing the right thing. And yet when Trump peeps win primaries, pretty much all remaining Republicans are willing to vote for them in the general election. That's pretty much just as bad.

You want people to stop associating the Republican Party with Donny? Start voting for Democrats when they're facing Republican nominees who pay fealty to Donny. Which you've already said you'll never do. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#42 Post by Estonut » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 am

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 pm
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble here....
Voters from across the political spectrum expressed frustration and dismay as they reported having trouble casting a ballot at a Woodland Hills vote center in Tuesday’s recall election, though a county elections official said the problem had been addressed. Several voters from both the Republican and Democratic parties said they tried to drop off vote-by-mail ballots or vote in person at the Disabled American Veterans 73 vote center on Tuesday, only to be told they had already voted. As a result, they were offered provisional ballots, which are counted after registered voters who cast them are confirmed not to have already voted. Nonetheless, some voters were unhappy with the situation.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/more-s ... -persists/

So it looks like people were affected regardless of party. The difference probably is that Democrats just went about their business and cast provisional ballots while Republicans started screaming election fraud to Fox News.
Burst my bubble? I saw this newscast a few days ago and had heard nothing since. At the time, the people interviewed were Republicans. It sounded very suspicious, but I specifically said, "I've yet to hear of any of them (Democrats) being told they've 'already voted.'"

The article you added shows a timestamp 12 minutes before I posted. For all I know, that was the time the article was saved and not necessarily published to the website. At any rate, I was already posting when the story was updated.

What does Fox news have to do with this? Both of our articles came from KTLA, which is related to Fox only in your mind.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#43 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am

Estonut wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 am
What does Fox news have to do with this? Both of our articles came from KTLA, which is related to Fox only in your mind.
Fox News (along with Newsmax and OAN and the other right-wing sounding boards) is where disgruntled Republicans go with any "evidence" of election fraud because they know that it will get widespread, unquestioning coverage. Your buddy Larry Elder has already been pushing claims of election fraud.

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:36 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:06 am
They have enough control over the party to punish people like Rep. Cheney for doing the right thing.
Liz Cheney has one of the most conservative voting records in Congress. So did Justin Amash, who was the only Republican to support Trump's first impeachment. She isn't a moderate trying to placate voters in a swing district. To say that she is a "RINO," as BiT did, implies that the test of being a "real" Republican is whether you but the Trump nonsense or not.

silverscreenselect

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am
Your buddy Larry Elder has already been pushing claims of election fraud.
Regardless of what Larry Elder said before the election, he has now conceded defeat. I'll give him credit for that.

tlynn78

#46 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:04 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Oh, honey. You've had far more patience with the willfully stupid than I.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#47 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:03 am

Estonut wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:

Actually, I learned both words well before I started school. Where is it that you think I used them improperly?
You said, "Curious that this "equipment issue" has only affected Republicans." The article says, "Bender added that, to her knowledge, many of those affected by this issue are self-identified Republicans, and she’s suspicious." That's "many", not "all" or "most".

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#48 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:03 am
Estonut wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
You said, "Curious that this "equipment issue" has only affected Republicans." The article says, "Bender added that, to her knowledge, many of those affected by this issue are self-identified Republicans, and she’s suspicious." That's "many", not "all" or "most".
Given the frequency with which Estonut criticizes posts for failing to distinguish between "most" or "many" Republicans and "all" Republicans, this strikes me as an entirely appropriate criticism. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#49 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:39 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:04 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Then why are you still in the Republican Party?

tlynn78

#50 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:39 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:04 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Then why are you still in the Republican Party?
Reasons beyond your comprehension, obviously.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire