Now we know who shot unarmed white woman - a black officer

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Now we know who shot unarmed white woman - a black officer

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:37 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/politics ... index.html

But no riots, no looting. Just anger at the fact it took almost 9 months for him to come out of the shadows and that he walks away as if he handed out a warning to the little girls selling lemonade without a permit.

And just like the rest of the gaslighting left he insists "I save countless lives". Really? By killing an unarmed woman? Coward!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

Re: Now we know who shot unarmed white woman - a black officer

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:40 pm

And color needs to be emphasized because?????

“Now we know who shot rioter, on duty officer” covers it
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Did you completely miss 2020? George Floyd much?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:24 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Did you completely miss 2020? George Floyd much?
Floyd was not breaking a law at the time the Chauvin killed him. Babit was attacking the cops when she was shot. Color still doesn’t come into it.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:37 pm

But no riots, no looting. Just anger at the fact it took almost 9 months for him to come out of the shadows and that he walks away as if he handed out a warning to the little girls selling lemonade without a permit.

And just like the rest of the gaslighting left he insists "I save countless lives". Really? By killing an unarmed woman? Coward!
What do you think would have happened if Ashli and her buddies had gotten hold of any members of Congress? To refresh your memory, which seems to have gotten somewhat dim in these last six months, when shot, Ashli was not selling lemonade without a permit. She and several hundred of her friends were breaking down the barricaded doors of the Capitol trying to gain access all the while shouting out lovely little slogans like "Hang Mike Pence." Shortly before Ashli got shot, over 140 of this officer's colleagues were injured on the Capitol steps by being assaulted and beaten in the head or getting bear spray in their faces. And you think Ashli is a hero. Some of them were out of work for months because of their injuries.
Acting DC Police Chief Robert Contee wrote:I’ve talked to officers who have done two tours in Iraq who said this was scarier to them than their time in combat,
The gaslighting that is going on about this riot is your attempt to turn this into a protest that somehow trespassed in areas that were off limits. Here's something that may refresh your memory:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:26 am

BackInTex wrote:

I don't ever want to hear "Blue lives matter" from you again. Because you clearly don't mean it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

#7 Post by kroxquo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 am

Now we know who shot unarmed white woman who was attempting to break through a barricade established by law enforcement to protect lawmakers from a mob of rioters intent on undermining the democratic process- a black officer

Fixed it for you.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:48 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:26 am
BackInTex wrote:

I don't ever want to hear "Blue lives matter" from you again. Because you clearly don't mean it.
Please cite any instance where BiT has used that phrase here.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#9 Post by Estonut » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 am
Shortly before Ashli got shot, over 140 of this officer's colleagues were injured on the Capitol steps by being assaulted and beaten in the head or getting bear spray in their faces.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Gilead Light acknowledged back in April that bear spray was never used.

Prosecutor: Bear spray not used in Capitol attack on officers, defendants seek bond

That's just another lie that people like you continue to propagate. Like Trump's "upside-down" bible and so many others.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:16 am

Estonut wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 am
Shortly before Ashli got shot, over 140 of this officer's colleagues were injured on the Capitol steps by being assaulted and beaten in the head or getting bear spray in their faces.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Gilead Light acknowledged back in April that bear spray was never used.

Prosecutor: Bear spray not used in Capitol attack on officers, defendants seek bond

That's just another lie that people like you continue to propagate. Like Trump's "upside-down" bible and so many others.
There's plenty of documentation that a number of rioters were carrying bear spray and had bought some in the days prior to the riot. Several of those arrested had cans of bear spray. What happened here is that prosecutors acknowledged that they couldn't prove that two particular individuals charged in the riot used bear spray. Of course, I'm sure that having pepper spray in your face at close range is kind of like the perfume counter in a department store where people get to try out various fragrances.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:21 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

I don't ever want to hear "Blue lives matter" from you again. Because you clearly don't mean it. --Bob
While this officer came forward yesterday, his name has been out there on right-wing social media, and he has received a number of death threats, including one calling for him to be beheaded.

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

LMAO!! You never cease to be utterly laughable. Who made you Bored authoritarian?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:34 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 am
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

LMAO!! You never cease to be utterly laughable. Who made you Bored authoritarian?
He's never wanted to hear me say it, or anybody. (though Esto is right, I haven't said it).
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#14 Post by Estonut » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 am

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:16 am
Estonut wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 am

There's plenty of documentation that a number of rioters were carrying bear spray and had bought some in the days prior to the riot. Several of those arrested had cans of bear spray. What happened here is that prosecutors acknowledged that they couldn't prove that two particular individuals charged in the riot used bear spray. Of course, I'm sure that having pepper spray in your face at close range is kind of like the perfume counter in a department store where people get to try out various fragrances.
He didn't say that he couldn't prove that bear spray was used. The article states, "However, during the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Gilead Light acknowledged to Hogan that bear spray was never used, despite video clips presented earlier in the case." I'm no legal genius like you, but that sounds totally different from your lie.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:15 pm

Estonut wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 am
"However, during the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Gilead Light acknowledged to Hogan that bear spray was never used, despite video clips presented earlier in the case." I'm no legal genius like you, but that sounds totally different from your lie.
The word "acknowledged" is the reporter's take on the statement. Here's what the US attorney actually said: “It does appear the bear spray that Mr. Khater was holding 10 minutes earlier was not used,” "It does appear" is legalese for "we can't prove the contrary." Even though the man arrested had bear spray and was recorded asking someone to give him the can of bear spray a few moments earlier.

In your haste to label me a liar, you seem to want to give a pass to multiple rioters buying bear spray and bringing it to the riot. This is the equivalent of calling someone a liar when they say that the accused stabbed the victim 100 times when the evidence showed it was only 99.

And by the way, the two defendants in this case were denied bond by the judge, despite their attorney's claim that they only brought pepper spray to use in self-defense.

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:21 pm

BackInTex wrote:

If it had been a white officer, you wouldn't have mentioned his skin color. :x
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:21 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I wouldn't have needed to. If the officer were white, and the victim black, we would have known his name that day, it would have been all over the news for weeks, and his family down to fourth cousins twice removed would have been doxed.

Either this cop fired indiscriminately into the crowd, or he singled out a white female to shoot. Either way he should lose his job. She was not a direct and immediate threat. He panicked, is my guess. His shot stopped one person. If he "no doubt saved countless lives" then it must be that one person he was talking about. So he thinks this one, unarmed white woman was going to kill countless people? The BS is so thick Pamplona is taking notes on how its being cleaned.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:53 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:44 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

I wouldn't have needed to. If the officer were white, and the victim black, we would have known his name that day, it would have been all over the news for weeks, and his family down to fourth cousins twice removed would have been doxed.

Either this cop fired indiscriminately into the crowd, or he singled out a white female to shoot. Either way he should lose his job. She was not a direct and immediate threat. He panicked, is my guess. His shot stopped one person. If he "no doubt saved countless lives" then it must be that one person he was talking about. So he thinks this one, unarmed white woman was going to kill countless people? The BS is so thick Pamplona is taking notes on how its being cleaned.
By demonstrating the resolve to resist with deadly force the invasion of insurrectionists who were literally threatening the lives of the people he was charged to protect, the officer stopped the incursion in its tracks. If he doesn't fire then and there, she would have been followed by scores, if not hundreds of people.

It's interesting comparing your reaction here to your belief in how the United States should handle Afghanistan. By your reasoning here, the Taliban hasn't killed any American soldiers since Donny made the deal with them last year, so we should leave them alone. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Either this cop fired indiscriminately into the crowd, or he singled out a white female to shoot. Either way he should lose his job. She was not a direct and immediate threat.

The officer was stationed behind sealed doors, with a number of chairs piled in front of the doors to act as a barricade. The rioters smashed a window and Babbitt was the first person through the broken window. When she fell or was pulled back after being shot, that slowed down the rush to go through those doors. If you watch this video, you'll see a Republican Congressman from Oklahoma defending the officer's actions. Of course this report was dated January 8, before the Trump brigade had a chance to get all their fictions together about what happened.

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:44 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Your racism is disgusting.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#21 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:44 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Your racism is disgusting.
My accurate and honest assessment making you uncomfortable is not racism on my part.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:27 pm
My accurate and honest assessment making you uncomfortable is not racism on my part.
Did you actually see any video of the shooting before you made your accurate and honest assessment?

BackInTex

#23 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:29 pm

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Did you actually see any video of the shooting before you made your accurate and honest assessment?
Yes

What about you, before making your comment?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:29 pm
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Yes

What about you, before making your comment?
I posted the video and I watched it multiple times. There's other videos of the incident which all show pretty much the same thing. People were trying to break down the doors and smash the windows. The police had the door barricaded. The officer had his gun drawn and shot at the first person coming through the window, which happened to be Babbitt. There were over a dozen more rioters immediately outside who could easily have come in once Babbitt got through. Once Babbitt got shot, people quit trying to go through the window. This wasn't indiscriminate firing into a crowd. This was a targeted shot at the first person of what seemed to be many coming through a window less than five feet away from the officer. If that mob had gotten through at that point, they could have done serious damage to those inside, including the officer if he stood his ground.

I don't know what you were watching, but I'm guessing that if people were breaking down your doors and someone tried to climb in through a smashed window with others behind her, your reaction would have been quite different.

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:30 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Rep. Mark Wayne Mullin R-OK 1/8/21 wrote:He [Officer Byrd] didn't have a choice at that time. The mob was going to come through the door. There was a lot of members and staff that were in danger at the time.
I guess Mullin is a member of the gaslighting left as well.