NBC Fall Schedule Announced

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm

An entire night of Law and Order to go with an entire night of Chicago. Dick Wolf will be busy (he's also got three FBI shows on CBS). There are no sitcoms on the schedule either. Saturday night is repeats and Sunday night in the fall is NFL football. This Is Us, Kenan, Young Rock, and Mr. Mayor will be back at midseason. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, Manifest, Debris, and Good Girls are still in limbo and some of them may be back midseason. (NBC will need four hours of Sunday night programming after the first of the year.

Monday

8:00 The Voice
10:00 Ordinary Joe

Tuesday

9:00 La Brea
10:00 New Amsterdam

Wednesday

8:00 Chicago Med
9:00 Chicago Fire
10:00 Chicago PD

Thursday

8:00 Law and Order for the Defense
9:00 Law and Order SVU
10:00 Law and Order Organized Crime

Friday

8:00 The Blacklist
9:00 Dateline

Ordinary Joe is about a man (James Wolk) who makes a key career decision in his life. The show follows each of three possible career lines he might have chosen (cop, doctor, entertainer). The concept is similar to the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.

La Brea sounds like Lost set in downtown Los Angeles. A massive sinkhole traps a group of strangers in a "mysterious and dangerous primeval land." They have to work together to figure out how to get home.

Law and Order For the Defense focuses on a defense firm that handles significant cases. No word on casting yet.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:45 am

I assume that Season 6 of This Is Us will return midseason. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat May 15, 2021 7:48 am

The sixth and final season of This Is Us will run 18 weeks straight, when it returns.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm
An entire night of Law and Order to go with an entire night of Chicago. Dick Wolf will be busy (he's also got three FBI shows on CBS). There are no sitcoms on the schedule either. Saturday night is repeats and Sunday night in the fall is NFL football. This Is Us, Kenan, Young Rock, and Mr. Mayor will be back at midseason. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, Manifest, Debris, and Good Girls are still in limbo and some of them may be back midseason. (NBC will need four hours of Sunday night programming after the first of the year.

Monday

10:00 Ordinary Joe

Tuesday

9:00 La Brea
10:00 New Amsterdam

Wednesday

8:00 Chicago Med
9:00 Chicago Fire
10:00 Chicago PD

Thursday

Friday

9:00 Dateline

Ordinary Joe is about a man (James Wolk) who makes a key career decision in his life. The show follows each of three possible career lines he might have chosen (cop, doctor, entertainer). The concept is similar to the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.

La Brea sounds like Lost set in downtown Los Angeles. A massive sinkhole traps a group of strangers in a "mysterious and dangerous primeval land." They have to work together to figure out how to get home.

Law and Order For the Defense focuses on a defense firm that handles significant cases. No word on casting yet.
The only NBC program I watch is "Debris" - evidently it didn't make the cut.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 27, 2021 10:25 pm

earendel wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm
The only NBC program I watch is "Debris" - evidently it didn't make the cut.
Debris has now been officially canceled. The word is that Good Girls may wind up on Netflix and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist on Peacock. Manifest is also up in the air, but it's likely to be canceled. If so, I'm guessing they may film a wrap-up episode or movie to finish the storyline.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist has now been officially canceled by NBC. There were rumors that it would move to Peacock but that did not happen. Peacock has ordered a "Ted" series, featuring Seth McFarlane as the R-rated voice of a live teddy bear. No word on who the human actors would be in the series (I doubt they will get Mark Wahlberg who starred in the two movies).

No word yet from NBC on the fate of Good Girls (which returns later this month) or Manifest, which had its season finale tonight. Manifest ended on a huge cliffhanger with lots of unanswered questions. If NBC pulls the plug without resolution, they will have a lot of upset fans on their hands.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:54 am

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm
No word yet from NBC on the fate of Good Girls (which returns later this month) or Manifest, which had its season finale tonight. Manifest ended on a huge cliffhanger with lots of unanswered questions. If NBC pulls the plug without resolution, they will have a lot of upset fans on their hands.
Networks have a habit of doing this - Debris on NBC this season, for example. I suppose they don't worry about outraged fans because the shows are being cancelled due to low ratings.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am

Zoey AND Manifest cancelled?

NBC is dead to me.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am

NBC is dead to me.
Zoey has been canceled. There is no decision yet on Manifest as to whether or in what form (regular season, two-hour movie finale, or Peacock series) it might return.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:01 am

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am

NBC is dead to me.
Zoey has been canceled. There is no decision yet on Manifest as to whether or in what form (regular season, two-hour movie finale, or Peacock series) it might return.
It doesn't sound promising, though, according to what I've read. A 2-hour movie is better than nothing, but there's a WHOLE lot of 'splainin' left to do. Especially when they're only 3 years into a storyline that showrunners had created to last as many as 6 seasons. Sounds like a 2-hour wrapup would be rushed and chaotic. However, abandoning things with that massive a cliffhanger without any resolution is just plain cruel. Zoey had more story to tell, but the season, now series, finale, at least ended with a major bit of closure, with the characters in a decent place.

No wrapup on Manifest will draw folks further into the arms of Netflix and the like. I know I have about had it with investing time in ongoing mystery-driven shows and other continuing storylines only to never have those issues never resolved. And I have no interest in another night of shows in the "Chicago" franchise or "Law and Order: Traffic Court". Traditional Network TV is total crap imo. There's a reason the streamers are getting all the Emmy love.

I would check out La Brea and maybe even Ordinary Joe, but twenty times bitten,.......
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Manifest has now officially been canceled. Fans are mounting social media campaigns to find a new home but it doesn't look promising.

Also, Megan Boone, who plays Elizabeth Keene (who may or may not be Raymond Reddington's daughter) on Blacklist, will be leaving the show at the end of this season. The season finale is this Friday. The decision was made several months ago to allow the writers a chance to come up with an exit strategy for her character. No one is saying this, but I wouldn't bet on her being alive at the end of the episode.

This sort of announcement is fairly unusual, because normally, when a major character leaves a show in a surprising manner, the producers try to keep it a secret so as not to spoil the audience surprise. However, this is being widely announced on entertainment media three days before the show airs.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:44 am

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm
Manifest has now officially been canceled. Fans are mounting social media campaigns to find a new home but it doesn't look promising.

Also, Megan Boone, who plays Elizabeth Keene (who may or may not be Raymond Reddington's daughter) on Blacklist, will be leaving the show at the end of this season. The season finale is this Friday. The decision was made several months ago to allow the writers a chance to come up with an exit strategy for her character. No one is saying this, but I wouldn't bet on her being alive at the end of the episode.

This sort of announcement is fairly unusual, because normally, when a major character leaves a show in a surprising manner, the producers try to keep it a secret so as not to spoil the audience surprise. However, this is being widely announced on entertainment media three days before the show airs.
The Blacklist has changed dates and times from what was originally planned. Instead of a two-part finale this Friday, the last two new episodes of the season will air tonight and next Wednesday night at 10:00.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#13 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:28 am

The cancellation of Manifest on that massive a cliffhanger is the last straw. I will no longer invest my time in a serialized show, especially one with a big mystery or mysteries at its core. There is very little left on the networks that I give a crap about. I watch all the DC Universe superhero shows, but they're saturating the schedule now, and each new series raises the level of angst and over the top hand wringing to the point it would be more at home following Days of Our Lives than on a prime time schedule. The newest, Superman and Lois, is close to unwatchable, even to a superhero enthusiast such as myself. The characters are one step away from an episode in which they appear on the Dr. Phil show.

Other than those, I still watch The Simpsons and Survivor, and a couple of the game shows if I'm in the mood. I did watch Young Rock and Kenan, which were renewed, to return next spring I assume,
but I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were to be cancelled.

NBC...in the immortal words of the fabulous Ms. Peahen...BITE ME.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:13 pm

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm
Netflix has officially passed on another season of Manifest, so the show appears to be completely dead.

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:19 am

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm
No word yet from NBC on the fate of Good Girls (which returns later this month)
NBC has now officially cancelled Good Girls (which aired two new episodes earlier this week), and the show will not move to Netflix or Peacock TV for a final season either. So, like Manifest, it ends without any resolution (although that's less important on this type of show than on Manifest).

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:25 pm

Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm
An entire night of Law and Order to go with an entire night of Chicago.

Thursday

Friday

We won't be having an entire night of Law and Order this fall, at least not right away. NBC has canceled the proposed Law and Order for the Defense (that doesn't come as a surprise since no cast had been announced yet). Instead, The Blacklist will air Thursday at 8:00. No word yet on a replacement on the schedule, but NBC, Dick Wolf, and Universal are supposedly working on another Law and Order spinoff.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#17 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:49 am

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:25 pm
No word yet on a replacement on the schedule, but NBC, Dick Wolf, and Universal are supposedly working on another Law and Order spinoff.
Of course. Why not just cut to the chase and make "Chicago Law and Order". .eventually only contestants from Chicago will be allowed on The Voice, And SNL will soon be starting off with "Live from Chicago, it's Saturday Night".

Dick Wolf is the James Patterson of network TV.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Manifest may come back from the dead more often than the passengers on that flight. NBC is in serious talks with the producers of the series about renewing it for another season. With the cancellation of Good Girls and the non-start of the Law and Order for the Defense series, NBC has freed up a lot of money and has a big hole on its fall schedule. It's not clear when Manifest would return if the renewal goes through, but it would likely be after the first of the year. Netflix is also involved in separate discussions involving a renewal. Previous seasons of Manifest are currently streaming on Netflix and are very popular.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:39 pm
Manifest may come back from the dead more often than the passengers on that flight. NBC is in serious talks with the producers of the series about renewing it for another season. With the cancellation of Good Girls and the non-start of the Law and Order for the Defense series, NBC has freed up a lot of money and has a big hole on its fall schedule. It's not clear when Manifest would return if the renewal goes through, but it would likely be after the first of the year. Netflix is also involved in separate discussions involving a renewal. Previous seasons of Manifest are currently streaming on Netflix and are very popular.
Manifest will return on Netflix for a fourth and final season. The season will have 20 episodes, which is more than any of the three seasons on NBC had. No word on whether it will b split into parts (which is likely) or when it will air. Although the show did not have great ratings on NBC, reruns of the first three seasons have been one of Netflix's most popular series this spring and summer.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#20 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:59 pm
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:39 pm
Manifest will return on Netflix for a fourth and final season. The season will have 20 episodes, which is more than any of the three seasons on NBC had. No word on whether it will b split into parts (which is likely) or when it will air. Although the show did not have great ratings on NBC, reruns of the first three seasons have been one of Netflix's most popular series this spring and summer.
Netflix to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:40 pm

NBC announced that the original Law & Order will return later this year for a 21st season. The network currently has a hole in its Thursday night schedule where spinoff Law & Order for the Defense had been scheduled before its abrupt cancellation. However, it's unsure whether the show will be back this spring or in the 2022-23 season. No word on casting, but the network reportedly wants Sam Waterston to return as DA Jack McCoy. The network has promised that multiple original cast members will return.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#22 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:40 pm
NBC announced that the original Law & Order will return later this year for a 21st season. The network currently has a hole in its Thursday night schedule where spinoff Law & Order for the Defense had been scheduled before its abrupt cancellation. However, it's unsure whether the show will be back this spring or in the 2022-23 season. No word on casting, but the network reportedly wants Sam Waterston to return as DA Jack McCoy. The network has promised that multiple original cast members will return.
Best television news I've heard in a while. SteelersFan and I watched an episode tonight while waiting for Jeopardy! It was so good. SF thinks that Jack McCoy is an arrogant prick, I think he's great.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller