RIP B. J. Thomas

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP B. J. Thomas

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 29, 2021 6:16 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html

B.J. Thomas, a handsome, curly-haired crooner who climbed the music charts in the late 1960s and ’70s, recording richly orchestrated, irresistibly catchy pop songs such as “Hooked on a Feeling” and “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head,” died May 29 at his home in Arlington, Tex. He was 78.

The cause was complications from lung cancer, said his publicists Jeremy Westby and Scott Sexton. Mr. Thomas announced in March that he had been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer and was receiving treatment in Texas.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP B. J. Thomas

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:46 pm

This makes me sad. :(

I can't really claim I was a big fan except for Raindrops, which I cherish. I used to think that scene was filmed within 20 minutes of where I live, but somebody on the Bored set me straight. It was shot over by Grafton, UT -- certainly within a day's drive, but a lot more than 20 minutes.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller