I'm too darn sentimental

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

I'm too darn sentimental

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 pm

We are selling the house and moving, probably downsizing as well. Large house full of furniture plus previously used stuff stored in the attic.

We have two twin girl's white powder coated iron beds, plus a nice trundle unit that fits beneath them. We bought them for my two oldest, when they "moved in together" when #3 was born. They were not cheap and are very nice. I put them out on Facebook Marketplace to sell. I hate selling stuff online because I never know how to price stuff and and when stuff doesn't sell I don't like the "administrative" part of monitoring it, thinking about and then lowering the price, having folks always try to lowball you etc. So anyway, I got a pretty quick inquiry from someone only wanting to buy one plus the trundle. I figured I could do that, split up the set and sell the other one for 1/2 the original ask and make an additional $20-30. So I agreed to her picking them up Saturday.

Now I have a woman wanting to buy them both. Said "I have two young granddaughters and they'd love them for their room." I really like the idea of them staying together and being used by sisters, as they were for 11 years with my girls.

So I'm debating whether to renege on the deal with the first person. I did let the first person know my plans and she now says she'll buy both (but then she'll probably just sell the other and make that extra $20-30 for herself) and the beds are split up anyway.

Thoughts? My kids said to not worry about hurting someone's feeling and sell to whom I want (the 2nd person).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: I'm too darn sentimental

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 pm

Didja make a verbal contract or anything? Will first lady not give a hoot?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 pm
You haven't got money yet right?
Well, then

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:11 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 pm
You haven't got money yet right?
No money. Just an exchange of text messages regarding the deal.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Surely she'll be cool about it.
Well, then

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:34 pm
Surely she'll be cool about it.
Disappointed, sure. Hopefully not angry. She's done no performance, such as driven over to see them or initiated her pick up, etc. She's only out a few key strokes.

I'm not dismissing her offer for a higher offer, not really even a better offer. Just a better home for the items.
~~ Thomas Jefferson