West Side Story

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

West Side Story

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:39 pm

The preview just now on the Oscars was bright and colorful where it should be, dark where it needed to be, and the overhead shot of the Jets and Sharks approaching each other was OUTSTANDING.

Pretty sure Rita Moreno sang the opening lines of “Somewhere”. She said recently that if they win an Oscar for this, she will be accepting it at age 90 next year.

Just glorious. Spielberg was the right guy.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

Re: West Side Story

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:04 pm

If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Appa23

#3 Post by Appa23 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 pm

Long wait for it.

Right now, I am very much looking forward to "In the Heights". My youngest is a huge LMM fan.

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:43 pm

I was also thrilled by the "In the Heights" trailer, and wrote down a date in June to see it in a theater.
--------