My daughter the actor

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

My daughter the actor

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:25 pm

Heather has a new career besides her anti-human-trafficking activities.

A friend of hers invited her to make some extra money by working as an extra on a film, Scarlett (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10951170/reference).

She was doing the things extras do: walk from here to there, pretend you're having a conversation with someone, etc. Someone noticed her, so the producers cast her in a speaking role as a mobster's wife. She's not a movie or TV watcher, so she had no idea who they were nor what they had done on screen previously. She has a blast talking to the cast between takes. There are many from Brooklyn and Queens who have a great sense of humor.

Here are the cast members those of us who do watch movies and TV might know:
Tom Sizemore (Saving Private Ryan)
Bob Gunton (the warden in The Shawshank Redemption)
Brian Doyle-Murray (Bill's brother, SNL, Caddyshack)
Mike Starr (The Young and the Restless, many other mobsters)
Patrick Warburton (Seinfeld, Rules of Engagement)
Edward Asner (!!!)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: My daughter the actor

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:11 pm

These are all reasonably well known character actors. Bob Gunton will be very familiar by face, if not by name, to anyone who has been a movie watcher in recent years. Patrick Warburton makes the convention circuit for starring in The Tick.

Looks like a great way to break into films. Certainly better than my appearance in Invasion, USA, which never got past the cutting room floor.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:11 pm
These are all reasonably well known character actors. Bob Gunton will be very familiar by face, if not by name, to anyone who has been a movie watcher in recent years. Patrick Warburton makes the convention circuit for starring in The Tick.

Looks like a great way to break into films. Certainly better than my appearance in Invasion, USA, which never got past the cutting room floor.
A break at age 45, when many actresses are considered too old. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:19 am
Tell that to Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, and Ellen Burstyn.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 am

Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Why? They got their breaks at 25, 21 and 26.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:30 am

Estonut wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 am
Bob Juch wrote:
I meant that they were still getting good parts at advanced ages. But if you want to play that game, June Squibb was 63 when she appeared in her first movie. Kathryn Joosten got her first bit part at age 45 and didn't get significant roles until she was in her mid-50s. Going back a ways, Thelma Ritter was 45 when she got her first film role, and she wound up with six Oscar nominations.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:19 am

Bob Juch wrote:
They are the few.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 am

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:30 am
Estonut wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 am
I meant that they were still getting good parts at advanced ages. But if you want to play that game, June Squibb was 63 when she appeared in her first movie. Kathryn Joosten got her first bit part at age 45 and didn't get significant roles until she was in her mid-50s. Going back a ways, Thelma Ritter was 45 when she got her first film role, and she wound up with six Oscar nominations.
Exceptions to the rule.

This is Heather:

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Very cool.
Well, then

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:03 pm

That's cool Bob!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Jennifer Gartner turned 48 today. She hasn't had a problem getting roles either.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:56 pm

I just got off the phone with Heather. We hadn't talked since Friday night.

Last night she was invited to a birthday dinner for a producer from the film. She doesn't remember which restaurant (she's like that). At the table were Adam Sandler and Steven Spielberg!! She didn't even know who Speilberg was until I told her. She was introduced to the table as a new actress with a big role in Scareltt. (She has a very minor one.) Sandler was joking around with her all night.

Somehow she has charmed the producers into adopting her. They know she has a broken left arm near the wrist; they told her to hide it when filming. So when she mentioned during dinner that she has a hard time cooking due to it, today they sent over ten pre-cooked meals from their caterer!

They say when the film wraps, they'll find work for her as a production assistant or better. Maybe even acting. (She has no acting experience, but she did do modeling.)

She has reshoots to do tomorrow, but if all goes well, they'll wrap Thursday.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Heather called me back after having a couple of adult beverages and was all wrapped up in her feelings of being a fish out of water. She felt like she didn't have any idea what she was doing (she's right) and was nervous about screwing it up. I told her to just go with the flow. She has people on her side who want her to succeed and will be very forgiving. She'll never forgive herself if she doesn't follow through with what seems to be her new career.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#14 Post by Estonut » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:38 pm
Jennifer Gartner turned 48 today. She hasn't had a problem getting roles either.
Never heard of her. If you mean Jennifer Garner, she turned 49 today.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:52 pm

Estonut wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:06 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:38 pm
Never heard of her. If you mean Jennifer Garner, she turned 49 today.
You REALLY need a new hobby.

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:39 pm

I found out why Heather was cast in a speaking role. She's the wife of Mike, who was an additional character too. They were written into the script after most of the filming was done. They plan to wrap Thursday.

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 pm

Well, I guess they do have plans for her. Yesterday they sent over three wedding dresses with a note to tell them which she likes most. She had no idea they were giving her an additional role in a new film; someone dropped the ball. (Scarlett has wrapped and premieres on the 12th.)

Appa23

#18 Post by Appa23 » Sat May 01, 2021 11:15 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 pm
Well, I guess they do have plans for her. Yesterday they sent over three wedding dresses with a note to tell them which she likes most. She had no idea they were giving her an additional role in a new film; someone dropped the ball. (Scarlett has wrapped and premieres on the 12th.)
IMDB notes many things, but among the things missing, it seems, is where the TV movie will play.

Bob Juch

#19 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 01, 2021 11:42 am

Appa23 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:15 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 pm
IMDB notes many things, but among the things missing, it seems, is where the TV movie will play.
Yes, their page hasn't been updated since production began. They haven't added Heather and the actor who plays Mike, her husband.

Heather said it will be on Netflix or Hulu. She keeps forgetting to ask which.

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 15, 2021 10:54 pm

The viewing party for Scarlett was Wednesday. They sent a car for Heather. Then she found out she wasn't on the guest list, and security wouldn't let her in. The car took her back home.

As I've said, she's naive and doesn't know anything about the film business.

I found it very strange that there was zero publicity and their social networking pages were very stale. I figured out that what she was in was a pilot for a proposed TV series. They were marketing to Netflix and Hulu. That's probably what the viewing party was part of. I saw a casting call for the lead woman from 2018 that mentioned nudity was required. I found the series was based on a two-book series called "Scarlett and the Mobsters" and "Scarlett and the Feds". BDSD with the lead male is part of the story.

Stay tuned for further developments.

BackInTex

#21 Post by BackInTex » Sun May 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:54 pm
The viewing party for Scarlett was Wednesday. They sent a car for Heather. Then she found out she wasn't on the guest list, and security wouldn't let her in. The car took her back home.

I found it very strange that there was zero publicity and their social networking pages were very stale. I figured out that what she was in was a pilot for a proposed TV series. They were marketing to Netflix and Hulu. That's probably what the viewing party was part of. I saw a casting call for the lead woman from 2018 that mentioned nudity was required. I found the series was based on a two-book series called "Scarlett and the Mobsters" and "Scarlett and the Feds". BDSD with the lead male is part of the story.

“They” sent a car but “they” didn’t have her in the guest list? I would focus on that rather than write it off as her naivety.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#22 Post by Bob Juch » Sun May 16, 2021 3:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:19 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:54 pm

“They” sent a car but “they” didn’t have her in the guest list? I would focus on that rather than write it off as her naivety.
I wasn't talking about the guest list, that was about what she had thought about the film being shown on cable that night.