Traffic Jam at the Suez Canal

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Traffic Jam at the Suez Canal

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:26 am

Day 3 and the Suez Canal remains blocked; at least 237 ships wait for canal to be cleared

SUEZ, Egypt - Tugboats and a specialized suction dredger worked Friday to dislodge a giant container ship that has been stuck sideways in Egypt's Suez Canal for the past three days, blocking a crucial waterway for global shipping.

The Ever Given, a Panama-flagged ship that carries cargo between Asia and Europe, ran aground in the narrow canal that runs between Africa and the Sinai Peninsula. It got stuck in a single-lane stretch of the canal, about 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) north of the southern entrance, near the city of Suez.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 010023002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

Re: Traffic Jam at the Suez Canal

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 am

Up until five years ago, the same thing could have happened at the Panama Canal. They finished building a second "lane" for larger ships then, which will ease the traffic congestion and make this type of tie-up less likely in the event of mishap, mechanical failure, or sabotage. When we visited Panama on one of our cruises, we got to see the locks in action. We also took the tour bus over the top of the lock, which is the only way to get from one side of the country to the other by land on the Caribbean side (there are two larger bridges on the Pacific Ocean side where the capital, Panama City, is located). This was kind of a scary experience since the "guardrail" were only a few inches high on one side, and the bridge was one-lane only. The side of the bus seemed like it was over the water.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:15 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 am
This was kind of a scary experience since the "guardrail" were only a few inches high on one side, and the bridge was one-lane only. The side of the bus seemed like it was over the water.
Glad that you survived the scary experience of riding a bus. Sheesh!!!

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:15 am

This was kind of a scary experience since the "guardrail" were only a few inches high on one side, and the bridge was one-lane only. The side of the bus seemed like it was over the water.
Glad that you survived the scary experience of riding a bus on a canned cruise ship excursion. Sheesh!!!

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:10 am

Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:15 am
Glad that you survived the scary experience of riding a bus on a canned cruise ship excursion. Sheesh!!!
I admit it wasn't as scary as shooting at a kudu a mile away with a high powered rifle.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:02 pm

Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:10 am
Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:15 am
I admit it wasn't as scary as shooting at a kudu a mile away with a high powered rifle.
I would hope you at least played to your strengths and discussed Panamanian movies with the bus driver and tour guide-but I suspect they were just stock characters in your "Big Adventure.".

I, at least, view them as real people and (on my canned Mexico excursion) got my Mexican guide and driver to joke about Mexican movies with me and tell me other interesting stories.