Vaccine signup

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
lilclyde54

Re: Vaccine signup

#26 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:26 pm

The Baboo and I both got our first round of vaccine (Moderna) on Feb 1. We get our second round on March 1. The MS National Guard is doing the vaccinations and it was a breeze. It was a super organized drive thru operation with courteous concerned people in charge. Our biggest challenge was getting the appointments in the first place. We struggled and got frustrated with that but eventually persevered and got our confirmations. About the only real drawback is that we had to drive about 30 miles to the vaccination site. There is another vaccination site two miles from our condo but we could never get an appointment there.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:56 pm

lilclyde54 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:26 pm
It was a super organized drive thru operation with courteous concerned people in charge.
We had to wait 15 or 30 minutes after our injection to leave to make sure we didn't have a reaction. (The longer time was for people who had reported and allergies.) I'm not sure how they do that with drive-throughs.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Arizona is getting about half the vaccines they were allocated. I have to wonder if a Trump loyalist is taking revenge. How is Georgia doing?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#29 Post by Estonut » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:22 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:43 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:51 pm
The shots they’re giving that I mentioned are moderna.

I got my phizer shots in Webster at utmb.
For what it's worth, I had my annual checkup today and mentioned to my doctor that Mrs. SSS and I had received the Phizer vaccine. He said that the current research indicates that Phizer is actually more effective against these new strains than Moderna (of course, he cautioned that the findings are constantly changing).
The name of the company saving your lives is "Pfizer."
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#30 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm

I got my second Pfizer shot Saturday, and the nurse who did the stick said I would be protected in two weeks, but to still wear my mask when out and about because I could possibly still spread the virus. Every time I see SprotsHighSchoolClassmate, I want to bow and salaam for the great job she did organizing the community-wide effort. Not that she would put up with it . . . she would say something like, what are you doing, knock it off. We graduated from high school the same year, and every time I think about our "academic guidance counselor," I get mad all over again. She told SprotsHighSchoolClassmate that she wasn't academically strong enough to become a doctor . . . Horse hockey! as Col. Potter would say.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

lilclyde54

#31 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:41 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:56 pm
lilclyde54 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:26 pm
It was a super organized drive thru operation with courteous concerned people in charge.
We had to wait 15 or 30 minutes after our injection to leave to make sure we didn't have a reaction. (The longer time was for people who had reported and allergies.) I'm not sure how they do that with drive-throughs.
Once we got our shot, the National Guard guy put a post-it note on the inside of our windshield with the time we got the shot on it. After that we drove over to a parking area and got in line. Once you advanced to the front of the parking line, they checked your time and waved you on once your 15 minutes were up.
I felt the change

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm
Arizona is getting about half the vaccines they were allocated. I have to wonder if a Trump loyalist is taking revenge. How is Georgia doing?
Supplies here in Georgia are limited, with people all over the state trying to get appointments. They are transitioning from a countywide signup to a statewide signup which should even out supply and demand regionally a bit. One problem is that people have to be proactive in figuring out how to get on the various waiting lists, and seniors tend to be the least well equipped to beat the internet bushes to figure out what needs to be done. And needless to say, people in nursing homes and many with limited internet or computer access tend to be the least well equipped of all to get on lists and get to shots when they are available. Mrs. SSS spoke to a friend of hers yesterday and this woman is getting panicky that she can't get an appointment for a shot. We feel that we are very fortunate to be patients of a large facility that had the clout to get its own supply of vaccines early and the capabilities of setting up their own system for administering shots in an organized manner (taking over a defunct Kohls store in a shopping center and turning it into a vaccination center).

As of today, I heard that about 13 million Americans had received both doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Here's a chart showing what percentage of people in each state have gotten one or both doses. As we've come to expect, Georgia ranks near the bottom. Part of that is due to logistical problems but there are nearly 1/3 of the people here in Georgia who either won't take the vaccine or are unsure. These include right wingers who are opposed on political grounds and a lot of people in the minority communities who are skeptical about any government medical project like this.

https://www.gpb.org/news/shots-health-n ... your-state

jaybee

#33 Post by jaybee » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 am

I'm not too surprised to see TN at the low end of the scale. But I'm still hopeful that sometime in the next 6 weeks or so that we'll get things running smoothly.

We just implemented a wait list system about two weeks ago. Starting Monday, the level of eligibility for the vaccine will be the same statewide, we've been operating on a county to county basis so far and some have been at different levels than others. Starting next Monday, the statewide level goes to anyone over 65 and includes teachers and school staff. We are still way behind on vaccinating those over 75 and in the higher risk areas, but opening things up at least gets people on the list.

As slow as Tennessee has been to get things moving smoothly, my county (Knox) has been even slower than the state average. We've been hampered by: (1) Somebody lost 975 doses of vaccine last week. It appears that shipments come with extra coolers of dry ice - one of the full containers of vaccine was mistakenly thought to be only extra dry ice and was thrown away. Or at least that's the most common theory. It also doesn't help that (2) our county mayor knows that this whole Covid thing is a hoax and is acting accordingly. He's been very busy over the last few months working hard to shut down our health department so that any health decisions that affect our economy can be made only by someone elected to office. (Um, like maybe our county mayor).

But we'll get there. At least we seem to be finally moving in the right direction.
Jaybee

SpacemanSpiff

#34 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Virginia launched a statewide website for registering for the vaccine yesterday. I had registered last Thursday locally (my group finally was allowed to sign up), and the sign-ups were suspended over the long weekend while the existing databases were imported into the state one.

Just to be safe, I tried to re-register on the state site, and it indicated I was already in the database.

Now, it's hurry up and wait.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Ritterskoop

#35 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:35 pm

Got my first test today. They only stick the swab in your nose as far as a pencil eraser. Just as I was saying it hadn't hurt, it was the tiniest bit uncomfortable for that moment, so I advise not talking. But it was seriously .25 on a 0-10 scale.

The other tests I've had have been antibody, which all came back negative (I had one in the summer when they first started doing them, and then each time I've given blood, they do a test then also).

I am in Group 4 (of 5) in NC, and they are opening up Group 3 next week, which is huge (remaining healthcare workers, grocery store workers, teachers, like that), so I am probably looking at late April or May for my vaccinations. My roommate has had both of his shots, and my folks started theirs. Roomie had zero side effects from the first shot. After the second, he was tired, and slept hard for two hours that afternoon. Mildly sore arm the next day, but only if he moved it.

Our pharmacist says go ahead and take an aspirin or Tylenol or ibuprofen if you want on shot day; they don't interfere with the immune system process.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob Juch

#36 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Pima County to postpone nearly 3,000 vaccine appointments due to weather-related shipment delay

In early February, Pima County saw a 40 percent cut in its allotment of the COVID-19 vaccine, dropping from 29,000 to 17,895 doses in its weekly shipment. The county continued seeing decreases in its supply throughout the month, receiving 16,300 doses last week.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:06 pm

I just got an email today from the Fulton County Board of Health. I signed up for their waiting list in early January at the same time I signed with Emory. That email said that I can sign up for appointments next week at one of three locations (Mercedes-Benz Stadium - Falcons; Verizon Ampitheater - a large concert arena; and a large convention center near the airport).

So, it's taking them six weeks to get back to people about these appointments.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#38 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm

Got our first Pfizer shot today. Totally streamlined, in and out. Weirdly this poke hasn't hurt our arms at all. Flu shots usually screw up my arm. So far nothing.
BUT, we forgot where our car was in the garage. Seriously doh. Don't ask.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#39 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm
Got our first Pfizer shot today. . . . BUT, we forgot where our car was in the garage. Seriously doh. Don't ask.
First time I've heard about that particular side effect. Thanks for the warning. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#40 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm
Got our first Pfizer shot today. . . . BUT, we forgot where our car was in the garage. Seriously doh. Don't ask.
First time I've heard about that particular side effect. Thanks for the warning. --Bob
Yes! That's the ticket. Be apprised.
We finally checked THE FLOOR that we actually parked on about20feetfromelevatordoors...
Really.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#41 Post by Vandal » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:32 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#42 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:32 pm
Yes!
Well, then

Bob Juch

#43 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Vandal wrote:
Yes!
That's the name of an app; I have it on my phone. I could have used that at the Astrodome and later at Six Flags New Jersey. In both cases, there were identical parking lots at right angles to each other.

It won't help determine your floor, though.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#44 Post by Vandal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#45 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:25 pm

Vandal wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am
Whippersnappers. Get off my lawn.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#46 Post by Estonut » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:18 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Yes!
That's the name of an app; I have it on my phone. I could have used that at the Astrodome and later at Six Flags New Jersey. In both cases, there were identical parking lots at right angles to each other.

If you've got a phone, it's much easier (and more accurate) to take a picture of the sign which designates your section number.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#47 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Estonut wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Yes!

If you've got a phone, it's much easier (and more accurate) to take a picture of the sign which designates your section number.
That doesn't help if they didn't differentiate the lot. I write down the info on the ticket or paper if there's no ticket.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#48 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm
Estonut wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

That doesn't help if they didn't differentiate the lot. I write down the info on the ticket or paper if there's no ticket.
We were idiots and dint pay attention. That is all.
Well, then

lilclyde54

#49 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:38 pm

The Baboo and I got our second dose of Moderna yesterday. If anything, the process was even smoother and well organized than it was 28 days ago. Plus, they did it all in a pouring down rain. Most of the stations you stopped at were under awnings or had a roof over it but those poor National Guard folks that monitored you as you waited the 15 minutes to see if you were going to have a reaction were without shelter of any kind other than their raincoats. We have passed the 30 hour mark since we got our vaccinations and so far, neither of us has had any sort of side effects other than some minor soreness at the actual injection site. It is quite a relief to have that behind us. I hope any of y'all that want to be vaccinated get your doses soon.
I felt the change

jaybee

#50 Post by jaybee » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 pm

Tennessee just announced that the group with me in it will be eligible starting next Monday.
Jaybee