The TV commercial that drives me creezy...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
lilclyde54

Re: The TV commercial that drives me creezy...

#26 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:17 pm

I agree that every ad mentioned in this thread is annoying but y'all must not get the twenty ads an hour from the same lawyer wanting to sue someone and get you a hundred thousand dollars like we get here. Those are my most annoying.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:44 pm
Edith Piaf singing "Je ne regrette rien" in the All State commercials in which various items are left on car roofs.

Please make it stop!
Did that recently enter public domain? Seems like I've heard it a lot lately...Dove chocolate commercial, too?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:34 pm

christie1111 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm
There is yet another pharma ad, this one for Embrel.

They are measuring things including a 'puddle' of fabric. Not only did they just throw the tape measure over the fabric haphazardly but then they go to cut it without smoothing it out first. That would create such a disaster and waste of fabric. And it looks like a pretty expensive piece of fabric!

I know, probably doesn't bother anyone else.

Not quite as bad as a Quilted Northern TP ad a ways back where the cartoon ladies are 'quilting' the TP with knitting needles.
Lol - I can almost 'see' you cringing over that.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vandal
Director of Promos

#29 Post by Vandal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:27 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 pm
Vandal wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:44 pm
Edith Piaf singing "Je ne regrette rien" in the All State commercials in which various items are left on car roofs.

Please make it stop!
Did that recently enter public domain? Seems like I've heard it a lot lately...Dove chocolate commercial, too?
From Wiki:

"Non, je ne regrette rien" (French pronunciation: ​[nɔ̃ ʒə nə ʁəɡʁɛt ʁjɛ̃], meaning "No, I do not regret anything") is a French song composed by Charles Dumont, with lyrics by Michel Vaucaire. It was written in 1956, and is best known through Édith Piaf's 1960 recording, which spent seven weeks atop the French Singles & Airplay Reviews chart

Édith Piaf's recording has been used in numerous television commercials. In the United States, the recording provided the soundtrack for a Cadillac commercial (2015), Dove Chocolate (2016),[citation needed] and Allstate Insurance (2020).[9]
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#30 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:04 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:29 am

But as much as that one annoys me, it's nothing compared to those unbearable Liberty Mutual ads...every single one of them drives me bananas, and the most recent one somehow manages to raise the bar of obnoxiousness even higher..the one where the one kid is overjoyed to get Liberty Mutual insurance for Christmas, while his brother is pissed because he "only" got a bike.
They are STILL running this ad.

It's January 13th, folks. Pull this damn commercial.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm

There is a personal injury attorney in Atlanta named Ken Nugent who has become famous for a series of commercials in which he says, "One call ... that's all." He's now a major sponsor of Braves and Falcons games so he's clearly doing well. During the Senate elections, his commercials got bumped for all the political ads, but he's now back and his latest commercial is actually pretty good:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#32 Post by Vandal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:41 pm

More of a general observation, but anytime a commercial (or movie) features turning on all the outdoor Christmas lights, it's always done by connecting two extension cords in the middle of the sidewalk. Everyone should put all their lights on one circuit.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Bob Juch

#33 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:44 pm

I just noticed the Allstate Insurance commercials have "Not available in some states" in fine print at their end.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#34 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Vandal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:41 pm
More of a general observation, but anytime a commercial (or movie) features turning on all the outdoor Christmas lights, it's always done by connecting two extension cords in the middle of the sidewalk. Everyone should put all their lights on one circuit.
Like I did in 2014?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:44 pm
I just noticed the Allstate Insurance commercials have "Not available in some states" in fine print at their end.
Most insurance companies aren't admitted in all 50 states. New York in particular has some very restrictive laws which require a company to include particular provisions in its policies in all states in which it is licensed. As a result, major insurers establish separate New York subsidiaries that do business in that state only. Allstate has an Allstate New Jersey Life Insurance Company, an Allstate New Jersey Property and Casualty Company, and an Allstate Life Insurance Company of New York.

ne1410s

#36 Post by ne1410s » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Fav of mine:

I owed the IRS $90,000 and thanks to (whoever) I paid $1.98!

Might be a tad hyperbolic...
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

earendel

#37 Post by earendel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 am

I hate any commercial that tends to treat older people (of which I'm one) as if they are incompetent when it comes to technology. I also loathe those Progressive commercials, the tagline of which is "We can't stop you from becoming your parents but...".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Vandal
Director of Promos

#38 Post by Vandal » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:10 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 am
I hate any commercial that tends to treat older people (of which I'm one) as if they are incompetent when it comes to technology. I also loathe those Progressive commercials, the tagline of which is "We can't stop you from becoming your parents but...".
We see it, we all see it...
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

BackInTex

#39 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 am

Vandal wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:10 am
earendel wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 am
We see it, we all see it...
"...it's bluuuuee!"

I liked that one a lot. It is getting old now, though.

My current favorite is the Tag Team, Scoop There It Is. Very well done and fun to watch.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#40 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:50 am

They're still showing the Liberty Mutual Christmas ad. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#41 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:12 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm
There is a personal injury attorney in Atlanta named Ken Nugent who has become famous for a series of commercials in which he says, "One call ... that's all." He's now a major sponsor of Braves and Falcons games so he's clearly doing well. During the Senate elections, his commercials got bumped for all the political ads, but he's now back and his latest commercial is actually pretty good:

Among the ambulance chasers we have here 0is a fella who reminds us every other commercial break, "Hurt in a car, call William Mattar".

There's another dude who looks like the real life embodiment of mopey lawyer Foggy Nelson from the original Daredevil comics and sounds like old time comedian and original voice of Frosty The Snowman Jackie Vernon. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his potential courtroom prowess.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

earendel

#42 Post by earendel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:17 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:12 am
Among the ambulance chasers we have here 0is a fella who reminds us every other commercial break, "Hurt in a car, call William Mattar".
We have a similar commercial from "Sam Aguiar".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#43 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:25 am

I really needed this thread.

I am about to send away for 2 different kinds of hair growth serums, & anybody who has seen me knows I really don't need hair growth serums.

ghostjmf

#44 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:34 am

But I will say the one I hate the most is Tom Selleck saying "its not my 1st rodeo".

Yeah bud, you'll say whatever they pay you to say, & its not a rodeo.

Our neighbor in Ohio had their house taken away by the reverse mortgage people, so its a real sore point with me.

silverscreenselect

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:34 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:12 am
Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his potential courtroom prowess.
These large-scale ambulance chasers don't want to go into the courtroom. They have automated the process as much as possible and the goal is to build up and establish "provable" expenses and get a quick settlement.

One notable exception is Morgan & Morgan ("For the People"). They are ambulance chasers but they have (or had when I was covering trials) one really top-notch trial attorney who they sent in to actually try cases. I tried to get a trial of his in Georgia but it kept getting continued until after I left the company.

MarleysGh0st

#46 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:55 am

"The pipes are making strange noises."

Hey, broaden your musical horizons, buddy! :lol:

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#47 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:15 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:04 am
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:29 am

But as much as that one annoys me, it's nothing compared to those unbearable Liberty Mutual ads...every single one of them drives me bananas, and the most recent one somehow manages to raise the bar of obnoxiousness even higher..the one where the one kid is overjoyed to get Liberty Mutual insurance for Christmas, while his brother is pissed because he "only" got a bike.
They are STILL running this ad.

It's January 13th, folks. Pull this damn commercial.
Still running as of January 17th.

They're doing this just to torture me.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#48 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am

Since I seem to be on a rant roll, how about this?

A very disturbing trend as of late..at least on our local stations, has been to double book a spot...that is, show the exact same commercial at the beginning and the end of a single commercial break. It seems that this only holds true for local commercials, so I don't know if this is just an upstate New York thing or not, but I am not amused.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob Juch

#49 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am
Since I seem to be on a rant roll, how about this?

A very disturbing trend as of late..at least on our local stations, has been to double book a spot...that is, show the exact same commercial at the beginning and the end of a single commercial break. It seems that this only holds true for local commercials, so I don't know if this is just an upstate New York thing or not, but I am not amused.
They do it here too.