RIP Floyd Little

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Floyd Little

#1 Post by Vandal » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Syracuse Orange legend Floyd Little passes away at 78

Syracuse Orange legend Floyd Little passed away on Friday, January 1, according to Syracuse University. He was 78.

He is survived by his wife, DeBorah, son, Marc, daughters, Christy and Kyra, and several grandchildren.

The Pro Football and College Football Hall-of-Famer was adored across Central New York, not just for his immense skills on the football field, but also so for the man he was off the field. A three-time All-American for the Orange from 1964-66, Little famously followed Jim Brown and 1961 Heisman Trophy winner Ernie Davis in Syracuse's trinity of legendary running backs who wore the No. 44.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/syrac ... away-at-78
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Floyd Little

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:18 am

Thanks, Vandal. I was going to post this and appreciate that someone else actually knew about him.

I remember him as being the only good Broncos player for a long time. I know that can't be true, but I didn't follow football as closely then. LB will probably accuse me of being a fair weather fan, and I suppose that's true to some extent. It's a lot easier to be a devoted fan when you're going to Super Bowls.

Thanks for the years and yardage, Floyd.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

wbtravis007

Re: RIP Floyd Little

#3 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:21 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:18 am
Thanks, Vandal. I was going to post this and appreciate that someone else actually knew about him.

I remember him as being the only good Broncos player for a long time. I know that can't be true, but I didn't follow football as closely then. LB will probably accuse me of being a fair weather fan, and I suppose that's true to some extent. It's a lot easier to be a devoted fan when you're going to Super Bowls.

Thanks for the years and yardage, Floyd.
I enjoyed watching him play, too.

I remember as a kid thinking that he was so bow-legged that it made him harder to tackle.