RIP Tanya Roberts

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Tanya Roberts

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 pm

Former Bond girl (in A View to a Kill) and former Charlie's Angel (arguably the worst in each category). For cult-movie fans, however, she is best remembered for appearing in two "classics," Sheena and Beastmaster. Roberts had been on a ventilator in a hospital since Christmas, but her representatives say that the cause of her death wasn't COVID.

Age 65.

https://www.etonline.com/tanya-roberts- ... -65-158508
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: RIP Tanya Roberts

#2 Post by Estonut » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:52 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 pm
Former Bond girl (in A View to a Kill) and former Charlie's Angel (arguably the worst in each category).
What a lovely way to remember her. Must you shit all over everything?

She'll always be Donna Pinciotti's mom to me.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 am

Estonut wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:52 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 pm
Former Bond girl (in A View to a Kill) and former Charlie's Angel (arguably the worst in each category).
What a lovely way to remember her. Must you shit all over everything?

She'll always be Donna Pinciotti's mom to me.
She was spot on as Donna's mom. Sad, I didn't know she was ill.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

themanintheseersuckersuit

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:07 pm

It is now being reported that she still lives, although I serious condition
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 pm

"I'm not dead yet! - I feeeeel happy!"
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:58 pm

We counted it a win just now, that so far, none of our papers had gone to press with the original story. I said it's good she wasn't just a tad more famous, or more papers might have used it, but now that I think about it, it wasn't available in the two papers I did. Timing, I guess.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.