Rachel Maddow on her partner's battle with COVID-19

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Rachel Maddow on her partner's battle with COVID-19

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 pm

I watched the Rachel Maddow show last night. She returned to the air after an absence of nearly two weeks because a "close contact" tested positive for COVID-19. Last night, she revealed that the close contact was her partner of 21 years, Susan Mikula, and that Susan was quite sick, but is now recovering.

Her point is well stated: "Whatever you think of your own life and however much risk you are willing to take on for yourself, that's not how this works. What you need to know is that whoever is the most important person in your life, whoever you most love and most care for and most cherish in the world, that's the person who you may lose or who you may spend weeks up all night freaking out about and calling doctors all over the place and trying to figure out how to keep that person breathing and out of the hospital.

"I would have moved mountains for it to have been me who was sick these past couple of weeks instead of Susan. I still would give anything for that. But this thing does not give you that choice. It won't necessarily be you. It'll be the person you most care about in the world. And how can you bear that? And all you can do to stop that is move heaven and earth to not get it and to not transmit it."

The story includes video. That segment of her show lasted about 5 minutes and Rachel's emotion is obvious. If you must gather with family for Thanksgiving, please be careful. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson