My Way to Rebel Against Mask Mandates

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: My Way to Rebel Against Mask Mandates

#26 Post by Estonut » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:20 pm
I've now seen the photos published today. I have no reason to doubt that they're genuine. I can't describe that table as outdoor seating. Governor Newsom's apology was neither honest nor adequate.
I maintained that I believed the group was seated at a table for 12 and not outside. Various articles published today describe his hypocrisy at far worse.
• Indoors
• Table for 12
• People at table represented 6 different households
• People at formerly-normal distance from each other, much less than 6'
• Not a mask in sight. Didn't Gav tell us we need to reapply our masks between each bite?
• Immediately to Gav's left was Janus Norman (a top lobbyist for the California Medical Association)
• Three seats to Gav's right was CEO of the California Medical Association Dustin Corcoran

I wonder if this will give impetus to get enough signatures for the (5th) drive to recall this idiot.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am
Bob78164 wrote:
I've now seen the photos published today. I have no reason to doubt that they're genuine. I can't describe that table as outdoor seating. Governor Newsom's apology was neither honest nor adequate.
I maintained that I believed the group was seated at a table for 12 and not outside. Various articles published today describe his hypocrisy at far worse.
• Indoors
• Table for 12
• Not a mask in sight. Didn't Gav tell us we need to reapply our masks between each bite?
• Immediately to Gav's left was Janus Norman (a top lobbyist for the California Medical Association)
• Three seats to Gav's right was CEO of the California Medical Association Dustin Corcoran

I wonder if this will give impetus to get enough signatures for the (5th) drive to recall this idiot.
Wow.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 am

Am I the only one who thinks there is a group of utter assholes sitting in a room somewhere, with hundreds of sticky notes on the walls with any idea that pops into their heads, then they take turns throwing darts to see 'what else can we get these idiots to do?'
Our Governor has decided restaurants have to go back to 50% capacity, and close no later than 10 pm. Now, the capacity thing I get. But does the virus suddenly get stronger after 10 pm?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

earendel

#29 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:06 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 am
Our Governor has decided restaurants have to go back to 50% capacity, and close no later than 10 pm. Now, the capacity thing I get. But does the virus suddenly get stronger after 10 pm?
No, but people tend to get laxer the later the hour, particularly if there is alcohol involved.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Estonut wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am
Bob78164 wrote:
• Indoors
• Table for 12

That would be a gross overreaction. What he did was really, really politically stupid. But it wasn't illegal.

And Governor Newsom has done one of the best jobs in the country at protecting his state from the pandemic. Compare our per capita rates to those of most other states. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson