Coronavirus-Aggregation Thread-Non political

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Coronavirus-Aggregation Thread-Non political

#526 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:00 pm

My Saturday schedule just freed up somewhat since the Georgia Tech-Pitt game scheduled for Saturday has been postponed. That was followed shortly afterward by the Rice-Louisiana Tech game. That makes 10 games postponed or canceled this weekend and counting. Tech-Pitt will be played December 12... hopefully.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jaybee

#527 Post by jaybee » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:20 pm

On the plus side - Pretty sure that the Vols are not going to lose this weekend.
Jaybee

silverscreenselect

#528 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:57 pm

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. The Cal-Arizona State and Utah-UCLA games this weekend were canceled due to positive results on the Arizona State and Utah teams. So, Cal and UCLA, who were not scheduled to play this year, will play Sunday at the Rose Bowl. As a result, UCLA's game against Oregon, which had been scheduled for next Friday, will be played on Saturday instead.

silverscreenselect

#529 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:40 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:00 pm
My Saturday schedule just freed up somewhat since the Georgia Tech-Pitt game scheduled for Saturday has been postponed. That was followed shortly afterward by the Rice-Louisiana Tech game. That makes 10 games postponed or canceled this weekend and counting. Tech-Pitt will be played December 12... hopefully.
A couple of interesting notes on the fallout this weekend:

1) This is the second time ever since the Atlanta Falcons began play in 1966 that the Falcons, Georgia, and Georgia Tech are all off on the same weekend during football season. The Falcons' bye is this weekend, and Tech and Georgia had their games postponed due to COVID outbreaks. The only other time was the weekend after 9/11 when all NFL and college football games were postponed.

2) The Masters came to the aid of SEC football TV programming this week. With the postponements, the only three games on the schedule are Vanderbilt-Kentucky, South Carolina-Mississippis, and Arkansas-Florida. Since the first two aren't exactly big draws, the SEC would have had a problem filling its timeslots with popular games. However, CBS, which usually televised a 3:30 SEC game, will be covering the Masters today, and ESPN will put the Arkansas-Florida game on as its Saturday night primetime telecast.

Bob Juch

#530 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:54 am

My younger granddaughter, Brittany, has the virus. She and her girlfriend got infected by a friend of theirs last weekend.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#531 Post by Vandal » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 am

Longtime Syracuse men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim says he's tested positive for COVID-19

Longtime Syracuse men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim announced on Twitter Sunday that he has tested positive for COVID-19.

Boeheim, 75, said the positive result turned up following the most recent round of regular testing the Orange received as they ready for the 2020-21 season. He said he is currently asymptomatic and isolating at home.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 306590002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SpacemanSpiff

#532 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:09 pm

SEC has pulled the plug on the Texas A&M - Ole Miss game this Saturday.

This would leave CBS without an SEC game for the second week in a row. (Last week there were only three SEC games left, and I don't think they were crying too much because they had The Masters most of the day anyway.) Not sure if they will swing a game away from ESPN to cover it; the game choices are less than appetizing. Logically, they'd grab the Alabama-Kentucky game, if only because the change in time would be minimal and make for less of a logistical nightmare (3:30 at CBS vs the current 4:00 pm ESPN start).
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

silverscreenselect

#533 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:26 pm

Last night, NCIS New Orleans and NCIS Los Angeles both had their second episodes of the season and they couldn't have been more different in terms of acknowledging the coronavirus. The New Orleans episode was the conclusion of a two-part episode that did a great job in depicting the effects of the virus on the city (the episode takes place in March or April during the lockdown). The main storyline deals with a murder on a ship bringing in medical supplies to help fight the pandemic.

NCIS LA, on the other hand, completely ignored the virus. The story takes place in November 2020 (there's a calendar with days circled that clearly indicates the date), but the episode itself is pretty much par for the course for the show. However, nobody acts like there ever was a pandemic. No masks, no social distancing, no mentions of any effects of the virus. It's as if Trump got his wish three or four months ago and it magically went away.

By the way, tomorrow's premiere of parent show will be a flashback episode that shows what happened in the show's timeline in one of the gaps in continuity. The second episode will also be a flashback, showing how Mark Harmon's character first met David McCallum.

silverscreenselect

#534 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 am

Georgia Tech has had a game postponed for the second week in a row. The Tech-Miami game scheduled for Saturday will be postponed until December 19, the day of the ACC championship game. However, if Miami, which currently only has one conference loss, would qualify for the championship, then the Tech-Miami game would not be played. That scenario would require (1) Miami winning its remaining conference games and either (2) Clemson losing one more game or (3) Notre Dame losing two more games. The Miami-Wake Forest game set for next week has also been postponed for one week until December 5. That move required rescheduling three other games for late November and December.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#535 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:55 pm

AlphaDummy has tested positive. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#536 Post by Vandal » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:56 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#537 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 am

Warner Brothers has announced that Wonder Woman 1984, its next big release, will debut on Christmas Day both in theaters and on HBO Max (Warner owns HBO). Disney earlier announced that its latest Pixar animated film, Soul, will debut Christmas Day exclusively on Disney Plus. In both cases, subscribers will not have to pay any additional premium to see the movies, unlike Mulan, which cost $30 additional when it debuted on Disney Plus (Mulan will be free to Disney Plus subscribers next week).

Since Tenet debuted at Labor Day to a disappointing box office (it's still playing most places), the major studios have postponed their major releases. The only films to debut theatrically since then have been mid-to-lower range efforts like The War with Grandpa and Freaky.

silverscreenselect

#538 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:05 pm

Former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz, who made several appearances with Donald Trump at campaign rallies, has tested positive for the coronavirus. Holtz is 83.

tlynn78

#539 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 am

The Great Barrington Declaration - an interesting read.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SpacemanSpiff

#540 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:39 am

Phillip Fulmer, the AD at the University of Tennessee, has tested positive for COVID.

While he's one of my least favorite folks in college football, I don't wish this virus on anybody. I sincerely hope he gets well soon.

silverscreenselect

#541 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:57 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 am
The Great Barrington Declaration - an interesting read.
They may want to rethink a few things in light of recent events.

Bob Juch

#542 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Trump, Jr. has tested positive.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#543 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:32 pm
Trump, Jr. has tested positive.
So has Rudy Giuliani's son, Andrew. He was at that press conference yesterday.

SpacemanSpiff

#544 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 am

The ACC has announced that today's Clemson at Florida State game is postponed. The announcement came about four hours prior to the scheduled noon kickoff today.

silverscreenselect

#545 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler has tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, but a subsequent test on Saturday was inconclusive. She is currently isolating and will undergo further tests to be sure. Loeffler appeared with fellow Senator David Perdue and Vice President Mike Pence at a two rallies on Friday. None of them were wearing masks. Both Loeffler and Perdue are involved in tightly contested runoff elections here in Georgia against Democrats Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock. Loeffler's opponent Warnock has already extended best wishes to Loeffler.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#546 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Los Angeles County has ordered restaurants throughout the County to stop offering outdoor seating (i.e., to limit themselves to takeout and delivery). The order will take effect Wednesday night at 10:00 p.m. PST and will last for at least three weeks. (The stories aren't clear, but I suspect the order doesn't apply in Long Beach or Pasadena, because each of those cities has its own health officer. But I also suspect those health officers will likely follow the County's lead if they haven't already done so.)

Walking up to the local open-air food court for lunch has been a way for me to achieve some human contact, unmediated by electronics, since the summer. Not my only way, but an important one. I really wish Spock had been right. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#547 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 pm

All high school football has been canceled here in Pima County, Arizona.

silverscreenselect

#548 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 pm

Wisconsin's game against Minnesota this weekend has been canceled, the first time in 113 years the two teams have not played. That's the third Wisconsin game this season to be canceled, meaning that they will play a maximum of a five-game schedule. That might have caused an awkward problem for the BCS championship if they had managed to go unbeaten. However, their loss to Northwestern last weekend pretty scrubbed that possibility.

tlynn78

#549 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:10 am

A note to food workers: wearing gloves is good; wearing your fingernails so long and pointy that all ten of them poke through the end of your gloves - not so good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SpacemanSpiff

#550 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:40 am

University of Alabama head coach Nick Saban has tested positive for COVID (again), though this time looks like it's the real deal since he is showing mild symptoms.

He will not be in attendance at the Iron Bowl on Saturday, and Steve Sarkisian will be acting HC for the game.