Elf on the Shelf - 2020 version

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Elf on the Shelf - 2020 version

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:28 am

It's been that kind of a year, folks.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Elf on the Shelf - 2020 version

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:34 am

:lol:
Well, then

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 pm

OMG - was that a movie or did I dream it? I seem to remember a little bitty stabby guy chasing a woman around her apartment... I'm kind of seeing Karen Black??
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SpacemanSpiff

#4 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:35 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 pm
OMG - was that a movie or did I dream it? I seem to remember a little bitty stabby guy chasing a woman around her apartment... I'm kind of seeing Karen Black??
Trilogy of Terror, specifically the third part, "Amelia." It was an ABC Movie of the Week done by Dan Curtis (of Dark Shadows fame).

And yes, Karen Black was in all three parts (different characters) of the trilogy.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:42 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:35 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 pm
Trilogy of Terror, specifically the third part, "Amelia." It was an ABC Movie of the Week done by Dan Curtis (of Dark Shadows fame).

And yes, Karen Black was in all three parts (different characters) of the trilogy.
well thanks for that brain worm I'd almost forgotten! :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:17 pm

In the meme I saw on Evil Facebook, this year's elf is Chucky.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:08 am

It seems like almost everyone of a certain age must've watched that movie since so many remember it fairly vividly..well, at least that particular third of the trilogy..you could administer a boatload of sodium pentothal and subject me to James Bond-villainesque torture and I still couldn't come up with the plotlines of the other two. But this one...hooboy, do I remember this one. Such a weird thing...unbelievably cheesy...laughable, really...and yet it gave me such an incredible case of the creeps...and I was 18 freakin' years old at the time! Can't think of anything else that ever made me laugh and roll my eyes, and jump out of my skin at the same time. I suspect I was not alone in feeling that way, hence its memorable status with so many people.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:15 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:08 am
It seems like almost everyone of a certain age must've watched that movie since so many remember it fairly vividly..well, at least that particular third of the trilogy..you could administer a boatload of sodium pentothal and subject me to James Bond-villainesque torture and I still couldn't come up with the plotlines of the other two. But this one...hooboy, do I remember this one. Such a weird thing...unbelievably cheesy...laughable, really...and yet it gave me such an incredible case of the creeps...and I was 18 freakin' years old at the time! Can't think of anything else that ever made me laugh and roll my eyes, and jump out of my skin at the same time. I suspect I was not alone in feeling that way, hence its memorable status with so many people.
Exactly!