Curious re Tests

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Curious re Tests

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:30 am

Has anyone been tested? The Woodlands has ongoing free testing by Curative. We went Friday and did the whole mouth swab. We're negative. Took about 48 hours for results.
Well, then

bazodee

Re: Curious re Tests

#2 Post by bazodee » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 am

I tested negative three weeks ago. I needed to travel to Maine. In order to avoid quarantine, I had to present negative results from a test taken within 72 hours of my arrival. For practical purposes this excludes the PCR test; Maine has begun to accept the antigen rapid test.

It wasn't painful; just uncomfortable. I immediately sneezed.

The requirement is enforced in Maine at hotels. There's a bunch of paperwork you need to sign.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:01 pm

I've been tested twice. One rapid test about four months ago was negative, but they said false negatives happened about 25% of the time. The other was two months ago and had a three-day turnaround. It also was negative.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:42 pm

The hospital required a test three days prior to my surgery in July. It was the nasal swab; they wouldn't accept the quick response kind. Then the day of surgery they asked me if I'd been exposed . . . well, no, not as far as I knew. It's a new world . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:14 am

I was tested after I had had a high fever for a week. I tested positive, as did elwing, who had the same symptoms. Neither of us had a severe case - no respiratory problems, for instance, but elwing did lose her sense of taste, which is slowly coming back.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Son1111 had a rapid test done. His roommate has a new girlfriend who tested +. Son1111 hasn't seen him or the girlfriend since she got her results. Son1111 tested negative. Yay! Roommate is still with the girlfriend. TwinSister1111 and her husband went through the whole testing/travel procedure so they could go to Vegas for their 40th wedding anniversary. So far so good.

Grandson1111 is in a hybrid grade school situation. School M-T then the community center for distance learning W-F. Very small groups.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"