A Covid Prediction If Biden Wins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: A Covid Prediction If Biden Wins

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:26 pm

Looks like someone missed the memo.

Best wishes to Mr. Meadows for a swift recovery. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:32 pm

A partial apology to Spock.

The crowds gathering outside the White House and in New York City are not practicing social distancing, although most of them appear to be wearing masks. So, there's a significant risk of spreading the coronavirus.

One prediction that I'm glad to see hasn't come true is the fears of widespread violence after the results came in. Even Trump has now toned down his rhetoric a bit (for now), insisting that we make sure we have the right winner but not screaming about the election being stolen from him.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:25 am

For those who are right-wing conspiracy-minded, Pfizer announced today that their coronavirus vaccine has a 90% efficacy rate in early testing. This means that people who receive the two-dose regimen get protection from the virus 28 days after the initial dose. This rate is well above the 75% rate that scientists had been hoping for. The vaccine could be in limited use by the end of the year and widely available by the third quarter of 2021.

This announcement comes a week too late to do Trump any good, and already Trump, Jr. is claiming that Pfizer sat on the announcement until after the election. I would much rather have Joe Biden in charge of widescale distribution of the vaccine than Donald Trump.

The Dow is up over 1,000 points today on the news.

mrkelley23

#29 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:38 am
Spock wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:39 pm
I know that many on my side of the aisle expect that there will be an endless series of lockdowns and so forth. Many on the left here might also be expecting more restrictive regulations.

Sometimes I lean that way, but then I remember how Covid concerns seemed to evaporate among the left and MSM early this summer during the riots/protests/marches etc. So, I am going the other way with my prediction.

At the time of the riots/protests/marches it was not useful to use Covid as a hammer against Trump-It was basically "Covid? What Covid? There is nothing to see there."

I note how often CNN/MSNBC etc mention the Sturgis Bike Rally when they mention South Dakota, but they completely ignore the nationwide protests.

I predict that shortly after Biden's Inauguration-when Covid is no longer useful as a hammer against Trump-It will essentially be "Covid? What Covid? There is nothing to see there" again. And it will happen so fast that it will make your head spin and the usual suspects here will follow right along with it.
As a doctor on the front lines of this - and a lifelong Republican who cautiously voted for Biden - I feel the need to say that I am really embarrassed for you by your comments here.

You used to have a perspective about life that I found refreshingly different, and I enjoyed reading your posts - back in the day.

This conspiracy mongering nonsense, obscuration of facts, and the minimizing of human suffering is beneath you, or at least the person who posted five years ago.

Steve Perry
Bingo. This right here says what I've been feeling for months now. I've been avoiding all threads other than game threads for this very reason, and I opened this one with trepidation. Sad to say, Spock seems even loonier than when he chased me off, and the strident left actually seems to make sense. To quote someone whose name I can't recall right now -- "Sad."
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

franktangredi

#30 Post by franktangredi » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:49 am
Weyoun wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:38 am
Spock wrote:
I know that many on my side of the aisle expect that there will be an endless series of lockdowns and so forth. Many on the left here might also be expecting more restrictive regulations.

Sometimes I lean that way, but then I remember how Covid concerns seemed to evaporate among the left and MSM early this summer during the riots/protests/marches etc. So, I am going the other way with my prediction.

At the time of the riots/protests/marches it was not useful to use Covid as a hammer against Trump-It was basically "Covid? What Covid? There is nothing to see there."

I note how often CNN/MSNBC etc mention the Sturgis Bike Rally when they mention South Dakota, but they completely ignore the nationwide protests.

I predict that shortly after Biden's Inauguration-when Covid is no longer useful as a hammer against Trump-It will essentially be "Covid? What Covid? There is nothing to see there" again. And it will happen so fast that it will make your head spin and the usual suspects here will follow right along with it.
As a doctor on the front lines of this - and a lifelong Republican who cautiously voted for Biden - I feel the need to say that I am really embarrassed for you by your comments here.

You used to have a perspective about life that I found refreshingly different, and I enjoyed reading your posts - back in the day.

This conspiracy mongering nonsense, obscuration of facts, and the minimizing of human suffering is beneath you, or at least the person who posted five years ago.

Steve Perry
Glad to see you back on the Bored. Especially glad to read this post.

We usually hear from politicians, not people who deal with this disease first hand.
I echo that. I'm happy to see you back and to have your perspective. I'll be interested to see if there is any response.

jaybee

#31 Post by jaybee » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:28 pm

I'm still curious as to exactly when we went through this "Covid, What Covid. There's nothing to see here" period. I know that you live in the U.S. as do I. Covid has been front and center since March and certainly has never managed to get downgraded to "Nothing to see here" status. An argument or position loses all it's validity if you either didn't see it or chose to ignore the facts of what's been going on.

All arguments aside - We are entering the "If Biden Wins" phase of this discussion so we'll know soon enough if all concerns about Covid just go away.
Jaybee

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:35 pm

jaybee wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:28 pm
All arguments aside - We are entering the "If Biden Wins" phase of this discussion so we'll know soon enough if all concerns about Covid just go away.
Considering that the first thing he's done is to put together a Covid task force, I doubt his concerns are going away.

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:31 pm

Spock wrote:
Bringing this forward. Of all of Spock's wrongheaded "predictions," this one has to be the most spectacular failure. Sadly, it's the country as a whole that is paying the price, including a whole lot of people in the states that felt the same way he does.

franktangredi

#34 Post by franktangredi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:01 am

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:31 pm
Spock wrote:
Bringing this forward. Of all of Spock's wrongheaded "predictions," this one has to be the most spectacular failure. Sadly, it's the country as a whole that is paying the price, including a whole lot of people in the states that felt the same way he does.
I find it telling that there hasn't been a peep out of him for two weeks. I date this radio silence, not to any response from what he would call 'the usual suspects,' but from Weyoun's reply - someone with impeccable medical and conservative credentials who came out of the past for the express purpose of smacking him down.

Bob Juch

#35 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 am

franktangredi wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:01 am
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:31 pm
Spock wrote:
I predict that shortly after Biden's Inauguration-when Covid is no longer useful as a hammer against Trump-It will essentially be "Covid? What Covid? There is nothing to see there" again. And it will happen so fast that it will make your head spin, and the usual suspects here will follow right along with it.
I find it telling that there hasn't been a peep out of him for two weeks. I date this radio silence, not to any response from what he would call 'the usual suspects,' but from Weyoun's reply - someone with impeccable medical and conservative credentials who came out of the past for the express purpose of smacking him down.
Maybe he caught the virus. SirG did and has stopped his criticisms.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.