Cell phone plans/phones

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

Cell phone plans/phones

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Recommendations welcome.

Hi all. I’m looking for an unlocked iPhone, older. If I must, I’ll buy an SE for $400, but I think for my needs, a used 6, 7 or 8 will be fine. The 2G or 3G technology is going away for the old flip phone next year for Verizon, and I’ll have to change phones and plans. Please let me know if you know of any great plans or companies; I’m not wedded to Verizon (we had a company discount with Alltel, years ago, and they gobbled up Verizon, and I’ve been able to get talk & text for $20/month since then). I think roomie will go with Consumer Cellular for $14/month with the AARP discount, but it feels a little too old-folks for me.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Cell phone plans/phones

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:38 pm

I wish we could still get Alltel here. AT&T gobbled them up.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ghostjmf

Re: Cell phone plans/phones

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Samsung has a 5G flip-phone for T-Mobile.

I would bet they or somebody has one for Verizon too.

Presumably its Verizon you want to stay with, not Apple.