RIP Conchata Ferrell

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Conchata Ferrell

#1 Post by Vandal » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Conchata Ferrell Dies: Former ‘Two and a Half Men’ Co-Star Was 77

Actress Conchata Ferrell passed away on October 12 at 12:30 PM PST, at the age of 77 as a result of complications following a cardiac arrest. She died peacefully surrounded by family at Sherman Oaks Hospital in Sherman Oaks, California.

Ferrell is probably best known for her role as no-nonsense housekeeper Berta on the hit CBS comedy Two and a Half Men. This role earned her two Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series Emmy nominations in 2005 and 2007.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/conchata-f ... 234596750/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

bazodee

Re: RIP Conchata Ferrell

#2 Post by bazodee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 pm

She was a frequent celebrity partner when $20,000 Pyramid was taped in New York. She told the story that she tried to become a contestant in the early (lean) days of her acting career but was ineligible because she was a SAG/AFTRA member.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Conchata Ferrell

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:12 pm

This reminds me of the first role I ever saw her in, a movie called The Girl Called Hatter Fox. I remember Conchata distinctly but can't even remember what Hatter Fox looked like, nor the actor who plays Hatter's therapist. I might have watched 2 1/2 men occasionally just to watch Conchata, except then I would have had to watch Charlie Sheen.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller