Happy Birthday John and Sean Lennon

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday John and Sean Lennon

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:28 am

John would've been 80 today.

Imagine....

His son, Sean, is 45 today.

I feel old.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Earl the Squirrel

Re: Happy Birthday John and Sean Lennon

#2 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:29 am

I had a dream about John Lennon a few days ago on the 8th. I can't even remember the dream now, but I couldn't figure out why since he died in December. I decided that I had probably just mixed all his data together, since I was pretty sure he was born in October. Didn't even realize it was the next day, but I guess I had that date tucked away somewhere in the crevices or my brain where angels fear to tread.

Have you seen Yesterday? I really loved that movie. After the dream, I wanted to see it again but it's only on HBO. I already pay for Disney+ (those bastards got me with Hamilton) and for Amazon Prime, I'm not shelling out anything else...

Still, great movie if you can suspend disbelief on the premise.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Happy Birthday John and Sean Lennon

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:29 am
I had a dream about John Lennon a few days ago on the 8th. I can't even remember the dream now, but I couldn't figure out why since he died in December. I decided that I had probably just mixed all his data together, since I was pretty sure he was born in October. Didn't even realize it was the next day, but I guess I had that date tucked away somewhere in the crevices or my brain where angels fear to tread.

Have you seen Yesterday? I really loved that movie. After the dream, I wanted to see it again but it's only on HBO. I already pay for Disney+ (those bastards got me with Hamilton) and for Amazon Prime, I'm not shelling out anything else...

Still, great movie if you can suspend disbelief on the premise.
Yeah, I have this on Blu-Ray. Liked it a lot, although I agree completely with the disbelief suspension thing. If your brain starts asking too many questions, the whole movie falls apart. My first thought was, music would be completely different if the Beatles had never existed, and then, if their songs had come out as new creations today, would they even register on the musical and cultural radar? So, I shut down the brain and just went along for the ride.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck