"Don't be afraid of Covid"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kroxquo

"Don't be afraid of Covid"

#1 Post by kroxquo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:35 pm

"Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life" - Donald Trump, October 5, 2020

Herman Cain is dead. Tom Seaver is dead. Nick Cordero is dead. John Prine is dead. Joe Diffie is dead. More than 200,000 other Americans are dead. The fire chief of Clayton NC is dead. My friend Wayne is dead. Untold more are suffering long-term and possibly permanent health effects as a result of having Covid, including my daughter Janneke who may never be able to do her long-distance, high altitude hiking again, the thing which brings her joy and happiness in her life.

I have never concealed my disdain for this man. He is arrogant, narcissistic, egotistical, misogynistic, racist, dismissive of the Constitution, and wholly unfit for the office he holds. And yet, I held out a sliver of hope that this bout with mortality might awaken in him a bit of decency and finally acknowledge what the rest of the country already knows - that this disease is killing us and he holds a large of amount of responsibility for it. Instead he has chosen to double down on his beliefs, further dividing the nation. He is also choosing to flout the standard of care for someone with a positive test result to return to his home and work and further put everyone around him at risk. This man is pathological. I am sorry for those of you who cannot or choose not to see that, because this is no longer a question of politics. This is a question of human decency. He MUST be removed from office.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: "Don't be afraid of Covid"

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:42 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:35 pm
"Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life" - Donald Trump, October 5, 2020

Herman Cain is dead. Tom Seaver is dead. Nick Cordero is dead. John Prine is dead. Joe Diffie is dead. More than 200,000 other Americans are dead. The fire chief of Clayton NC is dead. My friend Wayne is dead. Untold more are suffering long-term and possibly permanent health effects as a result of having Covid, including my daughter Janneke who may never be able to do her long-distance, high altitude hiking again, the thing which brings her joy and happiness in her life.

I have never concealed my disdain for this man. He is arrogant, narcissistic, egotistical, misogynistic, racist, dismissive of the Constitution, and wholly unfit for the office he holds. And yet, I held out a sliver of hope that this bout with mortality might awaken in him a bit of decency and finally acknowledge what the rest of the country already knows - that this disease is killing us and he holds a large of amount of responsibility for it. Instead he has chosen to double down on his beliefs, further dividing the nation. He is also choosing to flout the standard of care for someone with a positive test result to return to his home and work and further put everyone around him at risk. This man is pathological. I am sorry for those of you who cannot or choose not to see that, because this is no longer a question of politics. This is a question of human decency. He MUST be removed from office.
The Secret Service should refuse to transport him back on the ground that it puts their agents at unnecessary risk. If he wants to check himself out (and is psychologically competent to do so), let him drive himself. Or walk. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 pm

i fear that if Trump recovers fully and quickly that his supporters will take it to mean that Covid is no big deal or even a hoax and that they can continue to ignore all public safety and health guidelines. They don't realize that Trump has access to far better care than any of us, including some very risky experimental treatments.

And by the way, at this point during his illness, Herman Cain was tweeting from his hospital bed that he was feeling fine and doing much better.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:52 pm

I am guessing you guys aren't big fans of FDR's famous "All We Have to Fear is Fear Itself" speech during the heart of the Great Depression.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:52 pm
I am guessing you guys aren't big fans of FDR's famous "All We Have to Fear is Fear Itself" speech during the heart of the Great Depression.
Fear is both a rational and appropriate response when it helps you avoid a communicable disease that can kill you. Which is to say that you're being specious.

Or would you like to walk up to Donny right now, unmasked, and take a selfie with him? Why not? Are you afraid to do so? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:42 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:35 pm

The Secret Service should refuse to transport him back on the ground that it puts their agents at unnecessary risk. If he wants to check himself out (and is psychologically competent to do so), let him drive himself. Or walk. --Bob
Unfortunately, they don't have that right. Agents put themselves in danger all the time.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Trump couldn't wait to take off his mask when he arrived at the White House and pose for pictures a la Benito Mussolini. Of course, he looked very unsteady on his feet the whole time he was engaging in his Il Duce show of strength.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jaybee

#8 Post by jaybee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:20 pm

I truly hope that Trump does survive but frankly - The best thing that could happen for America and Americans right now would be for Trump to suffer a relapse and get really sick. Maybe then he will really "learn all about Covid". But until then he will continue preaching his version of Covid as a mild illness, not caring (or maybe not even having it register) that millions of the sheeple will see, hear and act based on his influence. Just his actions this evening will eventually result in thousands of deaths. What a sorry excuse we have for a President - what a sorry excuse for a human being.
Jaybee

SpacemanSpiff

#9 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Add Steven Farmer, chairman of the Craighead County (AR) GOP, to that list of fatalities, less than a month after he was at a gathering of party officials that, well, weren't afraid of COVID.

https://www.wwtbambored.com/posting.php ... =1&t=59246
The news comes just three weeks after his committee hosted an event with Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX), who contracted COVID-19 in July, for Reagan Day. Photos of the event show few attendees wearing masks and minimal social distancing. Arkansas state Rep. Dan Sullivan, who is currently spearheading a lawsuit to overturn the mask mandate and other health directives in his state, also appears to have spoken at the event.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Steven Miller has now tested positive.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.