POTUS and FLOTUS positive Covid tests

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: POTUS and FLOTUS positive Covid tests

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:54 pm

Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien has tested positive.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:54 pm
Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien has tested positive.
I expect the whole West Wing will.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#28 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:54 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:08 pm
Estonut wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:00 pm
earendel wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:00 am
Doubtful. Besides just testing positive doesn't mean that he will experience symptoms (unfortunately).
I would have expected this type of comment from a few others here, but not you. This is as low as it gets.
No. As wintergreen reminded us on Facebook, this is.
I was talking about earendel specifically. Until now, he has always presented himself as a thoughtful, reasonable Christian.

What would Jesus do? He certainly would not wish another ill.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:09 am

Estonut wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:54 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
I would have expected this type of comment from a few others here, but not you. This is as low as it gets.
I was talking about earendel specifically. Until now, he has always presented himself as a thoughtful, reasonable Christian.

Even those who knowingly bring a plague to others? Seems to me he wasn't particularly gentle with moneylenders. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:44 am

Estonut wrote:

Ear was acting presidential.

Spock

#31 Post by Spock » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:41 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

Remember, he not only presents himself as a "thoughtful, reasonable Christian", he is also our resident pacifist. I didn't think pacifism included wishing ill upon others.

Buffacuse

#32 Post by Buffacuse » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:02 am

After I had my stroke two years ago, I remember how important it was to me to reassure my family I'd be ok--even though I knew the outcome was far from certain and I was hurting. I tried putting on a brave face when my kids visited and in a face time to my folks, but I didn't pull it off...they knew how sick I was.

That's exactly how Trump looked to me walking to Marine One yesterday. Now WaPo is reporting that they wanted to get him to WRAMC while he could still walk onto the chopper.

He's sick. Sicker than they're letting on. Maybe by a lot.

Bob Juch

#33 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:51 am

Does Mike Pence even know how to play golf so he can take over for Trump?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 am

Spock wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:41 am
Remember, he not only presents himself as a "thoughtful, reasonable Christian", he is also our resident pacifist. I didn't think pacifism included wishing ill upon others.
Here's what Ear had to say on the subject:
earendel wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:28 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:50 am
earendel wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:00 am
Doubtful. Besides just testing positive doesn't mean that he will experience symptoms (unfortunately).
Wow.
Maybe it will make him take COVID-19 more seriously.
So, what Ear was saying was that he hopes (although he has doubts) that the experience will make Trump take this disease more seriously. That would be more likely to happen, as everyone on this Bored knows, if Trump actually develops severe symptoms than if he were to have a quick and full recovery with virtually no symptoms and could go on with his nonsense about the disease really affecting almost nobody and him as Exhibit A for the claim.

Pacifism has nothing to do with whether or not one wishes "ill" on others. It's whether or not you wish to do harm to them personally. I highly doubt that those who served as conscientious objectors in World War II didn't care about the actions of the Germans or Japanese. And the term pacifism is derived from the same Greek word that was used in the phrase on the Sermon on the Mount, "Blessed are the peacemakers." That denotes a desire to bring about peace through taking action. And one way to bring people together is to promote better understanding. As the saying goes, "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes."

silverscreenselect

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 am

Chris Christie has also tested positive for the coronavirus.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#36 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Buffacuse wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:02 am
After I had my stroke two years ago, I remember how important it was to me to reassure my family I'd be ok--even though I knew the outcome was far from certain and I was hurting. I tried putting on a brave face when my kids visited and in a face time to my folks, but I didn't pull it off...they knew how sick I was.

That's exactly how Trump looked to me walking to Marine One yesterday. Now WaPo is reporting that they wanted to get him to WRAMC while he could still walk onto the chopper.

He's sick. Sicker than they're letting on. Maybe by a lot.
They put Donny on oxygen at some point on Friday.

And I saw at least one report that he tested positive on Wednesday. Specifically, Donny's doctor said earlier today that he was "just 72 hours into his diagnosis," which means he was diagnosed on Wednesday. Which means, in turn, that when he attended that maskless fundraiser in New Jersey on Thursday, he didn't just know he'd been exposed. He knew he was positive.

That strikes me as criminal conduct. And if it isn't, it should be. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:57 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:23 pm
Specifically, Donny's doctor said earlier today that he was "just 72 hours into his diagnosis," which means he was diagnosed on Wednesday. Which means, in turn, that when he attended that maskless fundraiser in New Jersey on Thursday, he didn't just know he'd been exposed. He knew he was positive.

That strikes me as criminal conduct. And if it isn't, it should be. --Bob
Not just the fundraiser, but his rally in Minnesota on Wednesday. With any other politician, this would be his Lonesome Rhodes moment. But not with Trump. His supporters just don't seem to care how he actively puts them in danger as long as he "owns the libs." Then they cry and complain vehemently that the left wingers aren't showing the proper amount of respect now that he's in a time or crisis.

This entire debacle doesn't even seem to be a teachable moment for them. There's been no real calls for mask wearing and other measures among the right wing media. It's still a sign of weakness. And they're still intent on pushing theories about how the coronavirus death totals are inflated for political reasons.

wbtravis007

#38 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Trump's personal doctor has a Ronnie Jackson vibe.

Which shouldn't surprise anybody.

silverscreenselect

#39 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:10 pm

Updates:

Chris Christie has checked himself into a hospital "as a precaution." Christie suffers from asthma and is also considerably horizontally challenged.

Thom Tillis' office reports that he is isolating at home and having "mild" symptoms.

Trump released a four-minute video on Twitter saying that he was feeling better and that the next couple of days would tell.

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 am

Trump's press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has now tested positive.

ADD: Two of McEnany's assistants have also tested positive.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#41 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 am
Trump's press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has now tested positive.

ADD: Two of McEnany's assistants have also tested positive.
This didn't age well. --Bob

Bob Juch

#42 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:49 pm

Mad King Donald just tweeted that he's going back to the White House at 6:30 ET.

silverscreenselect

#43 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:12 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:49 pm
Mad King Donald just tweeted that he's going back to the White House at 6:30 ET.
Donald Trump 10/5/20 wrote:I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
Let's see how well this statement ages. By the way, there is a condition that often occurs with COVID patients called happy or silent hypoxia, in which the patient feels relatively well despite being in severe respiratory distress. By the time the patient decides to get medical help, it may be too late.

thguy65

#44 Post by thguy65 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:12 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Donald Trump 10/5/20 wrote:I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
Let's see how well this statement ages. By the way, there is a condition that often occurs with COVID patients called happy or silent hypoxia, in which the patient feels relatively well despite being in severe respiratory distress. By the time the patient decides to get medical help, it may be too late.
The dexamethasone steroid therapy can also cause euphoria as a side effect.

- Tim H.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#45 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:01 pm

thguy65 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:01 pm
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:12 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
The dexamethasone steroid therapy can also cause euphoria as a side effect.

- Tim H.
It really sounds like the Vice President and Cabinet should be invoking the 25th Amendment. --Bob

jaybee

#46 Post by jaybee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Easy enough to invoke the 25th if Trump initiates it or if he is unresponsive. Going to be harder (a whole lot harder considering Trump) for the VP or others to transfer his presidential powers if he is able to refuse the order.
Jaybee

earendel

#47 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:31 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

Having experienced COVID personally, my hope was that if the president suffered symptoms it might make him take the virus more seriously. If he was asymptomatic, there would be no lesson learned. As it turns out, he did experience symptoms, but apparently it didn't change his viewpoint.

And I wouldn't call myself a pacifist - I just believe that, in the words of Salvor Hardin, "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#48 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Trump aide Stephen Miller has now tested positive for coronavirus.

silverscreenselect

#49 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Just throwing this out there, but ever since Trump's Il Duce moment on the White House balcony, nobody has seen or heard from him for nearly two full days now. He's sent out plenty of tweets, but you don't even have to be alive to tweet, as Herman Cain demonstrated. The White House released a one-paragraph update this afternoon that says he's been symptom-free for over 24 hours and says he feels great. What we haven't had since his triumphant return to the White House:

-- No bedside speech as he supposedly intended to make yesterday or today.

-- No call-ins to Fox and Friends or Hannity

-- No announcements about future plans

-- No on-the-record statements from anyone about actual conversations with Trump

-- No unsourced, behind-the-scenes updates about his condition or actions

Kind of makes you wonder, huh. It's not as if the people around Trump would lie about anything.

UPDATE: Apparently, within the last hour, Trump has been in the Oval Office. According to a spokesperson, he is talking with aides and Congressional leaders, none of whom have gone on the record. There is a Marine on duty outside the Oval Office, which usually means that the President is inside.

Bob Juch

#50 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:25 pm

34 people connected to White House, more than previously known, infected by coronavirus: Internal FEMA memo

The coronavirus outbreak has infected "34 White House staffers and other contacts" in recent days, according to an internal government memo, an indication that the disease has spread among more people than previously known in the seat of American government.

Dated Wednesday and obtained by ABC News, the memo was distributed among senior leadership at FEMA, a branch of the Department of Homeland Security and the agency responsible for managing the continuing national response to the public health disaster.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/34-peop ... irus/story