Virtual kindergarten

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Virtual kindergarten

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:20 am

Well. First week done. Fucking zoom. Twas fine first three days with occasional blips and bleeps. Yesterday the login capcha pics were a neverending loop. I clicked on all the lights, buses, fire hydrants, bikes yada yada til I almost cried. Restarted laptop several times, while missing sessions.
Once in, the broadcast garbled, slo moed then froze. Same for PE, and afternoon. Gave up and did other shit. Reported to district tech support who sent boilerplate on how to access links...um, I already accessed links.
Certain they're inundated, so eh. I swore to Ranger Jeff.

Anyway, Q did well. It's sorta all over the place. Lots of videos and hard to see live instruction, but fairly loose on times to allow for stuff. Sitting and focusing is a challenge. Bribery works. There are only three kids physically in class, all others zoom

This is not optimal instruction. Barring any covid upsurge I hope she can attend in class after this quarter.

Don't know gow teachers wrangle multitudes.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Virtual kindergarten

#2 Post by Vandal » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:44 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:20 am
Well. First week done. Fucking zoom. Twas fine first three days with occasional blips and bleeps. Yesterday the login capcha pics were a neverending loop. I clicked on all the lights, buses, fire hydrants, bikes yada yada til I almost cried. Restarted laptop several times, while missing sessions.
Once in, the broadcast garbled, slo moed then froze. Same for PE, and afternoon. Gave up and did other shit. Reported to district tech support who sent boilerplate on how to access links...um, I already accessed links.
Certain they're inundated, so eh. I swore to Ranger Jeff.

Anyway, Q did well. It's sorta all over the place. Lots of videos and hard to see live instruction, but fairly loose on times to allow for stuff. Sitting and focusing is a challenge. Bribery works. There are only three kids physically in class, all others zoom

This is not optimal instruction. Barring any covid upsurge I hope she can attend in class after this quarter.

Don't know gow teachers wrangle multitudes.
Yikes! Virtual kindergarten seems impossible.

My son teaches third grade and they are all in class. When he gets home, he goes directly to the laundry room and put his clothes in the wash, then he takes a shower. I hate the term “new normal”, but there it is.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:50 am

You said it. And bless him!
Well, then

christie1111
11:11

#4 Post by christie1111 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Grandson1111 is now in 3rd grade. He is in a hybrid situation. First part of the alphabet goes into school M-T. School deep clean W. Then second half goes Th-F.

Daughter1111 has him enrolled in a community center learning site W-F as we are all WFH.

Options here are to do it all remotely or do alternates like a friend of hers. The Mom is a teacher and she took leave to teach a 'pod'. The pod consists of a group of kids, K-4th grade. Pod host family has set aside a section of their house for what equates to a 1 room schoolhouse. Kids are supposed to have limited access to outside people (no sports etc) to minimize possible infection to the pod.

The whole pod thing seems very SciFi to me. Guess it doesn't help they called the concept a pod.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Vandal
Director of Promos

#5 Post by Vandal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:45 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:31 pm

christie1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 pm
Grandson1111 is now in 3rd grade. He is in a hybrid situation. First part of the alphabet goes into school M-T. School deep clean W. Then second half goes Th-F.

Daughter1111 has him enrolled in a community center learning site W-F as we are all WFH.

Options here are to do it all remotely or do alternates like a friend of hers. The Mom is a teacher and she took leave to teach a 'pod'. The pod consists of a group of kids, K-4th grade. Pod host family has set aside a section of their house for what equates to a 1 room schoolhouse. Kids are supposed to have limited access to outside people (no sports etc) to minimize possible infection to the pod.

The whole pod thing seems very SciFi to me. Guess it doesn't help they called the concept a pod.
Told Greg it's imperative they do it one day from their home to see if it's school site or our wifi here. If it's the school (garbling, freezing, sound lag on all zoom or zoom shares, arbitrary scrolling, bumping tabs) then I'll just bungle thru. Can't do in class til next quarter.
It's bullshit cause you can't hear specific instructions, goal, etc. It's not helpful learning for Q. Plus I'm gonna strafe something...logged out and in 4 times per session for 7 sessions. Restarted laptop, etc 3 times.

It was fine for 3 days last week so???
Well, then

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Props to the first kid in virtual learning who follows Danae's example, here. :mrgreen:

https://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2020/09/14

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:45 pm

:lol:
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Vandal wrote: