However did our avid Town Criers

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

However did our avid Town Criers

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:13 pm

.. miss the news of the President of the United States being nominated for the Nobel Peach Prize? !! ?
Seems noteworthy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

Re: However did our avid Town Criers

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 pm

You might check out the credentials of the Norwegian politician who nominated Trump.
[Christian Tybring-Gjedde] is most widely known for his opposition to immigration, especially Muslim immigration, and has claimed that Norway is a victim of "sneaking Islamization" and that Muslim immigrants are "threatening Norwegian culture". In 2010 he wrote that "we don't believe in multiculture" and claimed that immigration of non-ethnic Norwegians is "idiocy". On climate change he has stated that "I don't believe in the climate hysteria". He believes immigration policy to be the single most important political issue facing Norwegian society. In foreign policy he has supported Vladimir Putin and criticized the sanctions against Russia that the conservatives pushed for; he has also said the west should recognise the Russian occupation and annexation of CrimeaHe has been sharply critical of United States foreign policy prior to the election of Donald Trump. In 2018 and 2020 he put forward Trump's name as a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize; any member of parliament may propose candidates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Tybring-Gjedde
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 pm
You might check out the credentials of the Norwegian politician who nominated Trump.
[Christian Tybring-Gjedde] is most widely known for his opposition to immigration, especially Muslim immigration, and has claimed that Norway is a victim of "sneaking Islamization" and that Muslim immigrants are "threatening Norwegian culture". In 2010 he wrote that "we don't believe in multiculture" and claimed that immigration of non-ethnic Norwegians is "idiocy". On climate change he has stated that "I don't believe in the climate hysteria". He believes immigration policy to be the single most important political issue facing Norwegian society. In foreign policy he has supported Vladimir Putin and criticized the sanctions against Russia that the conservatives pushed for; he has also said the west should recognise the Russian occupation and annexation of CrimeaHe has been sharply critical of United States foreign policy prior to the election of Donald Trump. In 2018 and 2020 he put forward Trump's name as a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize; any member of parliament may propose candidates.
IOW, Nobel Peace Prize nominations are worthless unless you approve of the nominater.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 pm
IOW, Nobel Peace Prize nominations are worthless unless you approve of the nominater.
No. Nominations are worthless, period. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:12 pm

I wouldn't mind winning a Peach Prize, if it meant a lifetime supply of peach schnapps.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:12 pm
I wouldn't mind winning a Peach Prize, if it meant a lifetime supply of peach schnapps.
As long as they're DeKuyper.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:55 am

Spock wrote:
Really, because what's not to like about this charming fellow? :roll:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:24 am

Spock wrote:
He has earned this more than Obama did his.

I don't recall any similar scrutiny of Obama's nominator.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:52 am

Estonut wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:24 am
Spock wrote:

He has earned this more than Obama did his.

I don't recall any similar scrutiny of Obama's nominator.
I don't recall anyone touting President Obama's nomination. As opposed to the actual award. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:45 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:13 pm
.. miss the news of the President of the United States being nominated for the Nobel Peach Prize? !! ?
Seems noteworthy.
The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the United Nations World Food Program for its "efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace."

And it should be noted that the former chairman of the board of the World Food Program USA was Hunter Biden.

So that makes the Nobel Peace Prize score:

Hunter Biden 1
Donald Trump 0
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com