California 2018 Redux?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

California 2018 Redux?

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:37 pm

I'm thinking a good bit about the 2018 elections in California. When people went to bed election night, it looked as if the Republicans were holding their own in many districts. Then, as later results came in, one district after another wound up voting Democratic, and the result was a big gain in the delegation.

Now imagine this on a national level, with Trump and Republican Senate candidates leading in several swing states on election night, but the results shifting as the mail results come in. You can bet your bottom dollar that Trump will be screaming fraud at the top of his lungs and a lot of other Republicans will join in. Will he or they accept the decision or will he get Bill Barr involved in challenging the results on "behalf" of the federal government? These are not pleasant thoughts.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: California 2018 Redux?

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:08 pm

Biden will win, and Trump will not accept the decision. He will scrap tooth and nail to get Biden's win overturned and has already laid considerable groundwork with his bloviating about mail fraud and other voter suppression efforts.

I was furious with Gov. Polis because he wasn't speaking up about how safe and fair mail ballots are in Colorado, but then I discovered that he was indeed speaking up. It just wasn't reported. Bennet gets a little more ink, being a senator, but it's infuriating to watch national news saying how mail ballots are rife with fraud when I have seen first hand how safe and accurate it is.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:13 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:08 pm
Biden will win, and Trump will not accept the decision. He will scrap tooth and nail to get Biden's win overturned and has already laid considerable groundwork with his bloviating about mail fraud and other voter suppression efforts.

I was furious with Gov. Polis because he wasn't speaking up about how safe and fair mail ballots are in Colorado, but then I discovered that he was indeed speaking up. It just wasn't reported. Bennet gets a little more ink, being a senator, but it's infuriating to watch national news saying how mail ballots are rife with fraud when I have seen first hand how safe and accurate it is.
I haven't seen national news say that mail ballots are rife with fraud. The outlets I've seen say that Donny makes that claim but they also say the claim is false (sometimes they say "unsubstantiated"). --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:13 pm
SportsFan68 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:08 pm

I haven't seen national news say that mail ballots are rife with fraud. The outlets I've seen say that Donny makes that claim but they also say the claim is false (sometimes they say "unsubstantiated"). --Bob
It is national news because Trump says it, and there he is in full color on any one of the 24-hour national news stations. Yeah, yeah, they add a lame false sometimes, or even lamer unsubstantiated. It's enough to make me agree with Flock about the MSM.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller