The weirdest thing

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

The weirdest thing

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am

What's the weirdest thing that ever happened to you? extra points for woo-woo factor.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

Re: The weirdest thing

#2 Post by Spock » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:46 am

1) In the aftermath of 9/11, I had the following message on my answering machine in an Arabic sounding voice. I remember mentioning it here at the time

>>>"Osama Bin Laden, Brother, Brother."<<<<

2) December 31, 1988. This one has never been shared here.

I had a strange tingling in my torso (chest and stomach-no, not the groin-LOL) and I absolutely knew that I would meet my wife that night. Sure enough, at a large New Years Eve party that night I met Mrs Spock.

Of course, as was usual with any girl that I dated, she still had to hit me upside the head with a baseball bat for me to get a clue that maybe she kinda/sorta wanted to go out with me. LOL.

That tingling never happened before or since.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:56 am

On the night of August 30, 1997, I woke up just before midnight. I was wide awake. I felt compelled to turn on the TV, something I'd never do because it would hinder falling back asleep. Within a minute the "breaking news" popped up with the report that Princess Diana had been in an auto accident. As I continued to watch, they updated their report to say she had been killed. I've never had a similar experience.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:58 am

In the summer of 1985, I was 25 and working as a software engineer at an airbase in northeastern Alberta. A co-worker, also American, and I decided to take a vacation to San Diego, his former home town. We arrived in the afternoon and later went out for a few beers with his friend Dave, at whose condo we were staying. I got to sleep on the couch in a sleeping bag and I zonked out just before midnight.

Next thing I knew, I was outside with my head on my arm, leaning against the exterior of one of the condo units. I was only wearing underwear and I didn't have my glasses or contacts so I was blind as hell. I must have had a sleepwalking incident.

I looked around and I had no idea where I was. There were around a dozen identical condo buildings and I didn't know which one was Dave's or even what unit # he had. I was totally screwed. I figured it just a matter of time before someone saw me and reported me to the cops. I was kind of hoping that would happen so I could explain myself and get back to Dave's.

Luckily, as I walked the road between the condo buildings, a lady came by in her car and opened her garage door. I waited until she parked her car, then I stood about ten feet behind the open garage door. I was barely able to squint to see her, but I know she was dressed in a solid blue uniform (turns out she was a nurse) and she didn't seem to panic. So far, so good, I thought.
Spoiler
(Sorry, this is not the start to a Penthouse Forum letter...)
I put my hands out in front of me, palms wide, and said, "I know this is going to sound weird, but..." I gave her the details of my dilemma and asked if she knew where Dave Kaufman lived.

She she shook her head and laughed. I clearly was no threat to her, so she said I could come in and use her phone book to look up Dave's number. I went in, keeping my distance. She gave me the phone book but I couldn't read it because the print was too small. She looked up the number and even dialed the phone for me. I talked to a very surprised Dave, who thankfully, lived only a few doors down. I said thanks and went back to Dave's, his front door still wide open. Boy, did I hear about that incident for the duration of the trip.

If the lady told me her name I don't remember it and I never got close enough to know what she looked like.

But she will always be my angel of mercy.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:11 pm

These are cool. I have a few.

chronologically

Back in maybe '79 or '80, living with (then) fiance, later husband, in Atlanta. Woke a few minutes before my alarm from a very vivid dream of having heard about an earthquake in Virginia (if I'm remembering accurately). The thought crossed my mind, 'that's stupid, Virginia doesn't have earthquakes." Alarm went off twenty or so minutes later and the clock-radio is reporting an earthquake, in Virginia.

Back in Atlanta in '84, visiting my folks after having been overseas for 3 years, 8 months prego, and with a 2- year old. Son and I are alone in the house, he's napping, I'm doing laundry. I have to go to the basement to move clothes between washer and dryer, so I put the iron down on the ironing board, and go do my thing. Takes a few minutes; I go back upstairs, as I approach the top of the steps, I'm eye-level with the glass-topped end table that sat across the length of the room from where I was ironing. The table top is broken, and the iron is sitting on the bottom shelf of the end table. Immediately run down the hall to check on 2-year old - still sound asleep. I never heard a sound.

'96, I've started a job here at the courthouse as a deputy clerk in the same office I'm currently in charge of. The 8th floor, one floor above my office used to be the county jail. It is still ringed with jail cells which are now used for storage. Back then, as now, my office used several of the cells for storing case evidence for both civil and criminal cases. I had to go up and retrieve some civil evidence from one of the cells. It's dark, gloomy, etc. much like you'd expect. As I make my way down the hallway between cells, I glance to my left, and see the silhouette of a slender, long-haired man sitting on a stool in the criminal evidence vault. He is back-lit by the windows lining the wall on the opposite side of the cell from where I am, so I can only see the outline. He turns his head and looks at me, I nod, and keep walking. As I reached the cell that was my destination and went to place my key in the padlock, I glanced back and noticed the padlock on the cell he was in was still in place, but just shrugged it off - i was new and didn't know the drill, maybe he entered from the other side of the cell, just assumed maybe an undercover sheriff's deputy was looking for something, whatever. I went about my business, got what i needed, relocked the cell and started back down the hall. Looked over as I passed the cell, and it was empty; still, just shrugged it off thinking I simply didn't hear him, must be another exit on the other side, whatever. I get back downstairs to my office and handed the key back to my supervisor who (I thought) jokingly asked, did you see the ghost? I laughed, said, no, just someone in the criminal evidence vault. He says, ah, no, this is the only key, no one else should be up there besides you. I explained what I saw, he told me there was no other way into that cell (a fact I've since confirmed for myself) and that I'd seen the courthouse ghost. Hmm. 24 years later, I've not seen another, but have had a few minor incidents - got on the elevator by myself more than once and had all the buttons light up after I pushed my destination button, had it stop on random floors without the button being pushed after hours when the building should be empty... stuff like that.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:05 pm

I had a friend that had some pretty good ghost stories about a house he lived in as a child (like raise the hair on your neck stories)-but he has long since passed-so I don't remember the specifics.

Oh, and most recently, Me and Littlest Spock were driving past Billings and I felt the presence of someone or something-LOL.

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:51 am

Spock wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:05 pm
I had a friend that had some pretty good ghost stories about a house he lived in as a child (like raise the hair on your neck stories)-but he has long since passed-so I don't remember the specifics.

Oh, and most recently, Me and Littlest Spock were driving past Billings and I felt the presence of someone or something-LOL.
LOL! You had some beautiful weather - you're welcome :lol: :lol: :lol:

themanintheseersuckersuit

#8 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:52 am

I came home one day and my wife challenged mr to guess what she held in her arms that day. I said a wallaby and I was right.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

mellytu74

#9 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:12 am

I have had dreams where what I dreamt about happened later.

The most vivid:

In the late 1970s, I had a dream about a newsroom. It was not the newsroom in which I was working.

The layout was very specific. The conversation was very specific - it was about assignments and not some dream gibberish. Other reporters were perched at the top of the cubicle, listen to the guy talking. I was across from them. Their faces were very clear and, although I didn't know them, I would be able to recognize them if I saw them again.

Fast forward to 1981 and The Fresno Bee sports department.

It is the newsroom in the dream.

The guy talking was the assistant sports editor. I was perched at the exact place I was in the dream - wearing the exact same clothing. Two other reporters were standing exactly where they were in the dream.

The discussion was basketball coverage - our assignments for league championships.

The faces were the same as the dream.

It was the dream.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#10 Post by Vandal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:34 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:00 pm

My birthday's involved in a number of weird coincidences.

One of my sisters was not only born on my birthday, but even the same day of the week as me...

Four of the five of us who have worked the night shift at Mecca for 20+ years have birthdays on the 13th of a month.

And then there is this Bored, where all three of us Administrators not only have birthdays on the 13th of a month, but they're all exactly four months apart from each other (March, July, November).

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

wbtravis007

#12 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:35 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:00 pm
My birthday's involved in a number of weird coincidences.

One of my sisters was not only born on my birthday, but even the same day of the week as me...

Four of the five of us who have worked the night shift at Mecca for 20+ years have birthdays on the 13th of a month.

And then there is this Bored, where all three of us Administrators not only have birthdays on the 13th of a month, but they're all exactly four months apart from each other (March, July, November).

lb13
I've got a kind of long coincidence story, but don't have time to write about it now.

Lb's post reminded me, though, about a night in late '78 or early '79 when 3 out of 6 of us at dinner were born on the same day (meaning same year). My girlfriend at the time (later my first and second wife) were born 4 minutes apart. We were living in D.C. My brother was dating a woman (an actress in one of the popular soap operas) who was born on the same day. They visited from NYC and we went to dinner at the house of some family friends. The three of us were 25.

Also figured out when our daughter got married that she was the exact same age on her wedding day as her mother and I were on ours -- 27 yrs., 5 days. And that was a total coincidence. Wonder how many times someone has gotten married at the exact same age as both parents, without trying to do that. And, funny enough, today is her anniversary! I would have forgotten all about that if I hadn't typed this.

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:35 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:12 am

The most vivid:

In the late 1970s, I had a dream about a newsroom. It was not the newsroom in which I was working.

The layout was very specific. The conversation was very specific - it was about assignments and not some dream gibberish. Other reporters were perched at the top of the cubicle, listen to the guy talking. I was across from them. Their faces were very clear and, although I didn't know them, I would be able to recognize them if I saw them again.

The guy talking was the assistant sports editor. I was perched at the exact place I was in the dream - wearing the exact same clothing. Two other reporters were standing exactly where they were in the dream.

The discussion was basketball coverage - our assignments for league championships.

It was the dream.
:shock:

mellytu74

#14 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:05 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:35 pm
mellytu74 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:12 am

The most vivid:

It was the dream.
:shock:
Tgirl - I'm telling you. When I realized why it was familiar - about halfway through the meeting - I felt an icy chill. The singularly most creepy moment I've ever had.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:08 am

Enjoying reading this thread. Have had some instances but none to rival some of these!
Well, then

Spock

#16 Post by Spock » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:35 pm

OK-I will give the weirdest coincidence of my life-a bit personal-but whatever.

1)As I said in my earlier post-I had a weird tingling in my torso on Dec 31, 1988, and I was struck with an absolute certainty that I would meet my wife that night.

The specifics were a large New Year's Eve party at a small college about 20 miles from my house. Mrs. Spock went to school there-but I did not, but I hung out there some as I knew a lot of people. She was a sophomore and I was a senior. Her hometown was about 100 miles NORTH of me-and I did not know anybody else from there.

As soon as I saw her-I thought that of all the girls here-that is the one I want to marry. She fit my type - short-blonde-but whatever-I struck up a conversation and 31-plus years later here we are.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2) A couple of years ago-I was feeling chatty here and wrote about some acquaintances who died at very young ages-but I did not tell the full story.

At a citizenship type camp between Junior and Senior year of high school (1984)there was a guy that was from a town about 100 miles SOUTH of me. I knew nobody else from that town either.

I am not a good athlete and never have been, but for about one hour during a co-ed softball game with him pitching and me playing first base-we made one hell of a team-For that hour, I got to feel what it was like to be a great athlete. That always was and always will be a treasured memory.

I always wondered what happened to him-but in pre-social media days-never could check. I later found out that he died in a car accident on Memorial Day weekend in 1988.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Well, everybody can see where this is going.

It turned out that he was Mrs. S's first college boyfriend (with all that implies) and she was the one who told me how he died. They were not dating at the time-but I heard about how sucky the funeral was etc etc.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:27 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:35 pm
OK-I will give the weirdest coincidence of my life-a bit personal-but whatever.

1)As I said in my earlier post-I had a weird tingling in my torso on Dec 31, 1988, and I was struck with an absolute certainty that I would meet my wife that night.

The specifics were a large New Year's Eve party at a small college about 20 miles from my house. Mrs. Spock went to school there-but I did not, but I hung out there some as I knew a lot of people. She was a sophomore and I was a senior. Her hometown was about 100 miles NORTH of me-and I did not know anybody else from there.

As soon as I saw her-I thought that of all the girls here-that is the one I want to marry. She fit my type - short-blonde-but whatever-I struck up a conversation and 31-plus years later here we are.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2) A couple of years ago-I was feeling chatty here and wrote about some acquaintances who died at very young ages-but I did not tell the full story.

At a citizenship type camp between Junior and Senior year of high school (1984)there was a guy that was from a town about 100 miles SOUTH of me. I knew nobody else from that town either.

I am not a good athlete and never have been, but for about one hour during a co-ed softball game with him pitching and me playing first base-we made one hell of a team-For that hour, I got to feel what it was like to be a great athlete. That always was and always will be a treasured memory.

I always wondered what happened to him-but in pre-social media days-never could check. I later found out that he died in a car accident on Memorial Day weekend in 1988.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Well, everybody can see where this is going.

It turned out that he was Mrs. S's first college boyfriend (with all that implies) and she was the one who told me how he died. They were not dating at the time-but I heard about how sucky the funeral was etc etc.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Wow - tingly, indeed.

wbtravis007

#18 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Five days from now my first wife and I would have been celebrating our 40th anniversary.

mikehardware

#19 Post by mikehardware » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 am

I’ve got three that are a bit connected.

The first happened back in 1982, when my wife and I had just graduated college and started a job in Maryland. Everything seemed to cost much more than anticipated, lots of new bills (like paying taxes again for a new car and getting it inspected, along with the normal moving hassles), that first paycheck after a month on the job looked much smaller after all the deductions, we couldn’t get credit, you get the idea. We were broke and the situation was looking dire.

As a new Christian, I took my concerns to the Lord in the only place I could get alone at work, in the restroom. I’m sitting there praying (and crying), and then it happened. I heard “Don’t worry about it.” Plain as day, just like someone was there next to me. So I did what I think everyone would do under those circumstances. I opened my eyes and checked under the divider. No one there. Weird. Then I heard it again, still perfectly clear, “Don’t worry about it.” This time, I immediately felt a chill running from my head down my spine, and all that tension and worry left my body in an instant.

OK, now what do I do? Either I’ve just lost my mind, or this was from the Lord so I shouldn’t worry about my finances. I knew that if I’m crazy, nothing about my situation would change. I did my best to not worry and see what would happen. Then a string of “coincidences” started occurring. An unexpected refund, we were approved for refinancing our car loan (it was at 18% interest), all sorts of changes and all for the better. We were able to at least hang in there.

The second happened in early January 1992, it was one of those winter days when you look at the weather radar and it’s green everywhere. It’s going to rain all day long all across the area. The gloom matched my mood as it was the day for my mother’s funeral. We drove up to Tennessee, and stopped for a fast food biscuit for breakfast. As I looked at the sky, I said, “Lord, I sure could use a ray of sunshine in my life.”

The funeral service was wonderful. Mom had a simple faith. She only got through the eighth grade during the Great Depression in eastern Kentucky coal country. There are more great stores from that.

We drove to the cemetery, and I was one of the pallbearers. (Just to be clear, I had absolutely nothing to do with the orientation of the tent, the number of chairs, or where or when I’d be seated. I just joined the line filing into the tent.) The person in front of me had the last chair on the first row, so I got the first chair on the second row.

As I’m sitting there, the clouds open up, and I’m sitting in a ray of sunshine. I still get teary-eyed thinking about that answer to prayer.

The third happened at a trial in the mid-1990s. An executor for my mother’s estate had ripped me off, and I finally got him into court after a long, drawn out, expensive, legal hassle. The executor had changed stories multiple times, from everything was fine, to he was just making up for various (false) excuses, accused me of ripping off the estate (while I had everything fully documented), and by the end claimed that I’d abused my mother.

I had to represent myself. My legal expenses were about $7,000, and I was at the end of my rope. The judge went down my list and agreed with me on them. Now it was time to ask for my legal expenses, since the executor had caused the whole mess and lied the whole time.

Then I clearly heard, “No.” I looked around, no one there. Then that familiar chill down the back and release of tension happened again. I didn’t understand, but I didn’t ask for the legal expenses, even though I couldn’t afford it.

After the trial, we were going through refinancing our house, to get a better rate and consolidate bills. It worked out that there was an extra $7,000 available.

To wrap up, in all my years on the planet, those were the only times I’ve ever experienced hearing things from the Lord. I’ve experienced numerous other “coincidences” along the way. My two cents worth: this Jesus stuff is real. He does care for us, guide us, and can get our attention in interesting ways.

Spock

#20 Post by Spock » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:12 am

MikeHardware>>>"To wrap up, in all my years on the planet, those were the only times I’ve ever experienced hearing things from the Lord. I’ve experienced numerous other “coincidences” along the way. My two cents worth: this Jesus stuff is real. He does care for us, guide us, and can get our attention in interesting ways."<<<<

What is weird or fun or whatever, is when you get a string of things happening so that when you get to the final payoff coincidence all you can say is: "Of course, it would be that way' and you are not even really surprised.

I had a fun one this last winter. I had not read much of the bible until a couple of years ago when I went through and marked some of the verses that jumped out at me. I am mostly drawn to the Old Testament.

One of the main passages I marked was the first few verses of Isaiah 49. I had read it many times after-but it was not one of the passages that I had thought about a lot.

Anyway, one particular week this winter, I was reading "The Oracle" by Jonathon Cahn. One major theme in the book that is relevant to my story is that the passages read in synagogue are chosen long ahead of time and how the passages read on certain Sunday fit what was happening at the time.

Anyway, on the last Sunday in January (I think)-I did not go to church-but Mrs Spock did-I had to work in the hog barns to unplug manure lines as I had kids home to help and it was a warm winter day.

From the time I got up that morning, I had a short passage from Isaiah 49 as an earworm running through my head all day. "He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver." I could not shake it. It was there the whole time we were working in the barns. This was unusual for me as I simply don't have bible verses as earworms.

Anyway, that evening I was prompted to ask Mrs. Spock if she brought a church bulletin home. She goes to church much more than I do and I usually don't look at the bulletins (but I do now-LOL).

Well, of course the Old Testament reading was the exact verses that I had marked in Isaiah 49, including my earworm verse.

While the hair on the back of my neck did stand up a little-all I really could do was shake my head and say "Of course, it would happen that way" and I wasn't even surprised.

As I think back on this-what is the weirdest part is that I had been reading "The Oracle" that particular week-so I was mentally open to the timing of passages read in church and so forth.

wbtravis007

#21 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm
Five days from now my first wife and I would have been celebrating our 40th anniversary.
For anybody who might have read this on Tuesday and wondered why the hell I would post that at all, much less in this thread, I can 'splain.

I thought someone might tie it to my other post in this thread and figure out that it was my birthday.

Too late for spankins now!

Im_Ace

#22 Post by Im_Ace » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:01 pm

This, off the top of my mind:

Went to Vegas (one of my favoritest places in the world to go (pre-Covid).

Met up with a bunch of friends. I mean, A BUNCH of friends. They were friends.... really good friends. But we really hadn't gotten together much. Except for a couple of occasions. To try to get on a game show.

Well, we were having a wonderful time, eating, drinking, gambling, going to see Mystere @ Treasure Island. You know, just letting our hair down and doing what stays in Vegas.

So, we're walking through one of the areas of New York, New York, I think. And we're all having a great time. Laughing, talking, enjoying the moment. Most of the group was ahead of me. So, little shy, timid me decided it would be a great time to moon those behind (pun intended) me.

What was I thinking?

:D :wink:

Been close to 20 years ago.

Damn. I miss those days.
:::: taping my watch ::::

Spock

#23 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:04 pm

MikeHardware>>>"To wrap up, in all my years on the planet, those were the only times I’ve ever experienced hearing things from the Lord. I’ve experienced numerous other “coincidences” along the way. My two cents worth: this Jesus stuff is real. He does care for us, guide us, and can get our attention in interesting ways."<<<<

Spock>>>"What is weird or fun or whatever, is when you get a string of things happening so that when you get to the final payoff coincidence all you can say is: "Of course, it would be that way' and you are not even really surprised."<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In addition to the one I mentioned above, I had another fun, light-hearted one this past winter that I like to think of as the "Coincidence too Far." This is not political, even though I mention Laura Ingraham and Fox News

Line 1: My favorite bible passage is part of Isaiah 46:11 -"From the east, I have summoned a bird of prey." Fitting with the nature of this thread, my attention was directed to this verse by a number of, shall we say, coincidences over a very long time. Plus anybody here that knows me will not be surprised that I like that verse.

Line 2: I have mentioned before that while I do not have Fox News-I do try to catch some of Laura Ingraham on Youtube. Usually somebody posts the shows on there. However, I do not watch every show or every segment of the shows that I do catch. The takeaway is that it is pretty random as to whether I catch a particular segment.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The convergence of the lines: Sometime, this last winter or late fall-I was struck by the thought that it would be really cool if Ingraham mentioned real Birds of Prey. But come on-How realistic is that? A political talking head show with "Birds of Prey." Hence, I basically thought of it as a "coincidence too far" that would never happen.

But, as this thread shows-weird thing happen and, sure enough, "Falcons and Birds of Prey" made an appearance in a segment with Laura and Raymond Arroyo talking about how the service animal thing has gotten out of hand. It is the first 2 minutes of the linked video with falcons and birds of prey occurring from about the 1 minute to the 2 minute mark. If the video is not right there -just click on the document like icon in the left box.

https://twitter.com/RaymondArroyo/statu ... 9209306113

You might note that, while they talk about falcons-they do not specifically mention "Birds of Prey." But you will note that "Birds of Prey" appears on screen as part of the CNN story from which they got the falcon stuff. BTW-they had me at "Falcons."

So, a coincidence that I thought of prior to it happening as a "Coincidence too Far" happened.

I note 2 weird things about it.

1) How fast it happened. Within a few weeks, of me thinking of it as a "Coincidence too Far" it happened. It almost scares me too think of how much political talking head TV you would have to watch to get another mention of real Birds of Prey.
2) This one is kind of fun and I mentioned it here at the time. The night immediately prior to the "Falcon-Birds of Prey" stuff-Laura said, in some context, foreshadowing? (if you will) the coincidence-"She was on him like a turkey vulture circling over a wounded fawn." BTW-while it was close-I did not count that one.

Spock

#24 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm

This is too good a thread to get buried by my other crappy threads-LOL.

Maybe, I will tell my Angel Gabriel story to keep it going.

Gabriel is usually known as the messenger angel but I have possibly ran across a lesser known aspect of his nature.

1) If I have ever heard God say anything, one was about "The Strong Left Hand of God."

2) Then right around that time, I found a broken bible (not at home) that was broken at Isaiah 37 which tells the story of the angel of the Lord killing 185,000 Assyrians in Sennacherib's camp. Now admittedly, this was a natural spot for a bible to be broken as it is near the middle. Regardless, my attention was drawn to the chapter and as there were several verses in the chapter that I liked I glanced at it several times over the years.

Then this last winter, I was in church the week after the "Polished Arrow" story that I told above.

I went into the small church library and glanced around and noticed an old book that I had previously looked at. I like old books and it was a book about Andrew Jackson. I was struck by the thought that I wanted to look at the books that were near the Andrew Jackson book.

Well sure enough, the book next to it was called "The Left Hand of God." Oh, Gawd, there goes the hair on the back of the neck again, but I can't really say I was surprised. I haven't read the book, but it appeared to be a medieval type mystery and as I type this it strikes me that maybe I should read it.

When I got home, I Googled "Left Hand of God" and found this.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
https://www.rabbidavidcooper.com/cooper ... briel.html

>>>>"The root of Gabriel is also connected with the attribute of Gevorah on the left side of the Tree of Life. Whereas Michael is on God’s right hand, Gabriel is on God’s left hand. The left hand is the one that metes out punishment; the right hand overrules strict justice and is more merciful and thus more lenient.

Gabriel is the angel that is sent to destroy the cities of sin, Sodom and Gemorrah, and some sources say that it was Gabriel, not Michael, that annihilated Sennacherib’s camp. This view is obviously more consistent with the general description of these two archangels.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So there goes the hair on the back of the neck again, but once again without a lot of surprise-after many years, Isaiah 37 and the "Left Hand of God" thing are tied together and I have the Angel Gabriel as the punishing "Strong Left Hand of God."

I think Psalm 110 is tied into this somehow, but the steps (if any) haven't fallen into place on that yet.

The possibly fun part of this is the "Gabriel as a Messenger" people say that if Gabriel is hanging around that God has an important message for you so I have that going for me anyway.

tlynn78

#25 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:39 am

mikehardware wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 am
I’ve got three that are a bit connected.

The first happened back in 1982, when my wife and I had just graduated college and started a job in Maryland. Everything seemed to cost much more than anticipated, lots of new bills (like paying taxes again for a new car and getting it inspected, along with the normal moving hassles), that first paycheck after a month on the job looked much smaller after all the deductions, we couldn’t get credit, you get the idea. We were broke and the situation was looking dire.

As a new Christian, I took my concerns to the Lord in the only place I could get alone at work, in the restroom. I’m sitting there praying (and crying), and then it happened. I heard “Don’t worry about it.” Plain as day, just like someone was there next to me. So I did what I think everyone would do under those circumstances. I opened my eyes and checked under the divider. No one there. Weird. Then I heard it again, still perfectly clear, “Don’t worry about it.” This time, I immediately felt a chill running from my head down my spine, and all that tension and worry left my body in an instant.

OK, now what do I do? Either I’ve just lost my mind, or this was from the Lord so I shouldn’t worry about my finances. I knew that if I’m crazy, nothing about my situation would change. I did my best to not worry and see what would happen. Then a string of “coincidences” started occurring. An unexpected refund, we were approved for refinancing our car loan (it was at 18% interest), all sorts of changes and all for the better. We were able to at least hang in there.

The second happened in early January 1992, it was one of those winter days when you look at the weather radar and it’s green everywhere. It’s going to rain all day long all across the area. The gloom matched my mood as it was the day for my mother’s funeral. We drove up to Tennessee, and stopped for a fast food biscuit for breakfast. As I looked at the sky, I said, “Lord, I sure could use a ray of sunshine in my life.”

The funeral service was wonderful. Mom had a simple faith. She only got through the eighth grade during the Great Depression in eastern Kentucky coal country. There are more great stores from that.

We drove to the cemetery, and I was one of the pallbearers. (Just to be clear, I had absolutely nothing to do with the orientation of the tent, the number of chairs, or where or when I’d be seated. I just joined the line filing into the tent.) The person in front of me had the last chair on the first row, so I got the first chair on the second row.

As I’m sitting there, the clouds open up, and I’m sitting in a ray of sunshine. I still get teary-eyed thinking about that answer to prayer.

The third happened at a trial in the mid-1990s. An executor for my mother’s estate had ripped me off, and I finally got him into court after a long, drawn out, expensive, legal hassle. The executor had changed stories multiple times, from everything was fine, to he was just making up for various (false) excuses, accused me of ripping off the estate (while I had everything fully documented), and by the end claimed that I’d abused my mother.

I had to represent myself. My legal expenses were about $7,000, and I was at the end of my rope. The judge went down my list and agreed with me on them. Now it was time to ask for my legal expenses, since the executor had caused the whole mess and lied the whole time.

Then I clearly heard, “No.” I looked around, no one there. Then that familiar chill down the back and release of tension happened again. I didn’t understand, but I didn’t ask for the legal expenses, even though I couldn’t afford it.

After the trial, we were going through refinancing our house, to get a better rate and consolidate bills. It worked out that there was an extra $7,000 available.

To wrap up, in all my years on the planet, those were the only times I’ve ever experienced hearing things from the Lord. I’ve experienced numerous other “coincidences” along the way. My two cents worth: this Jesus stuff is real. He does care for us, guide us, and can get our attention in interesting ways.

I love it when those types of things happen. I generally look up, say "Thanks, Lord" and chalk it up to "it's a God thing." I do that when I wake up in the morning now, too. lol