Millionaire is casting for Season 2

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
bazodee

Millionaire is casting for Season 2

#1 Post by bazodee » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:18 pm

The second season of Kimmel-hosted Millionaire is now casting contestants (not celebrities).

I'm technologically limited here, but there is a Google Docs page out there with eligibility requirements and an application form. You're ineligible if you've appeared on any version of the show before.

Perhaps someone with better skills can figure out how to upload the application here.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Millionaire is casting for Season 2

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:07 pm

bazodee wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:18 pm
The second season of Kimmel-hosted Millionaire is now casting contestants (not celebrities).

I'm technologically limited here, but there is a Google Docs page out there with eligibility requirements and an application form. You're ineligible if you've appeared on any version of the show before.

Perhaps someone with better skills can figure out how to upload the application here.
I'm finding UK applications. Any chance that's what you stumbled across? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

bazodee

#3 Post by bazodee » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:07 pm
bazodee wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:18 pm

I'm finding UK applications. Any chance that's what you stumbled across? --Bob
No. Definitely U.S.

Former contestant has uploaded it to the WWTBAM group Facebook page. Here are the eligibility requirements:

Eligibility Requirements
The following are the eligibility requirements for contestants (each, a "Contestant") on the television show currently entitled "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" (the "Program"), which is being produced by Man House Productions, LLC (“Producer”) and intended for initial broadcast on ABC Television Network (“Network”). In order to be selected as a Contestant on the Program, and to be eligible for any prize ("Prize"), you must meet the following eligibility requirements:

1. All Contestants must be 18 years or older at the time of application.

2. Contestants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia.

3. Neither Contestant, nor any of Contestant’s immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parents, children, siblings, “step” relatives and their spouses), nor those living in the same household (whether related or not), may currently be or have been within the past six (6) months:
a. any employee, officer or director of Man House Productions, LLC, ABC Television Network, owned by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., any television station owned or operated by Network, Valleycrest Productions, Ltd., or any of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related entities (including, without limitation, The Walt Disney Company, Sony Pictures Television and their respective affiliated companies);
b. any person or an employee, officer or director of any entity directly involved with the development, production, administration or judging, or distribution or other exploitation of the Program;
c. an employee, officer or director of any known, official sponsor of the Program; or
d. any person or an employee, officer or director of any entity supplying services to the Program.

4. No Contestant may currently be a candidate for elected office nor become a candidate for elected office for at least one (1) year after the initial broadcast of the final episode of the Program in which they appear, if selected for the Program.

5. Contestants may never have been convicted of a felony nor had a restraining order entered against them.

6. Contestants may not have appeared on any television game show exhibited or intended to be exhibited, including without limitation, on broadcast television, cable, and/or any streaming platform, that had or will have its initial broadcast or other exhibition within one (1) year prior to or following the initial broadcast of the Program episode(s) in which he/she appears.

7. Any individual who has appeared as a contestant on any version of the Program, and whose appearance was broadcast as part of the Program is not eligible to be a contestant on the Program again.

Producer will make all determinations of contestant eligibility in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding, and not subject to challenge or appeal. Producer reserves the right to add to or modify the eligibility requirements at any time.

In addition, Producer reserves the right, at any time, to render ineligible or disqualify any person who, in Producer’s sole discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with any person or entity connected with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.

---
After this point, there is a 4-page application form

kroxquo

#4 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 am

Could you post a link to the application? I was just on the facebook page and di not see it.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

bazodee

#5 Post by bazodee » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:55 am

kroxquo wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 am
Could you post a link to the application? I was just on the facebook page and di not see it.
It is on the WWTBAM Contestants Facebook group, and was uploaded by Josh Woo. I tried linking it to our group but failed.

SpacemanSpiff

#6 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:03 am

#7 puts the kibosh on me, even though I was only in the "ring of fire" and didn't actually sit in the hot seat.

goongas

#7 Post by goongas » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:40 am

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... dRoVlLS-w8

A page of the application talked about COVID-19. I imagine they will cast first responders primarily, which they should be doing.

I think this will be the first BAM audition I will not even apply for...
Last edited by goongas on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am

goongas wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:40 am

A page of the application talked about COVID-19. I imagine they will cast first responders primarily, which they should be doing.

I think this will be the first BAM audition I will not even apply for...
This link didn't work for me. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#9 Post by Vandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:04 am

I'm ready:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

goongas

#10 Post by goongas » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:26 am

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:17 pm

goongas wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:26 am

Here is the fixed link.
Thanks. Done. --Bob

Buffacuse

#12 Post by Buffacuse » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Thanks Goongas--clicked on the link, filled it in, and here's hoping.

ghostjmf

#13 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am

I *don't* think #7 will rule ROF peeps out. We were *not* contestants, we were competing to be.
But clarification from the show would help.

#5 is certainly new, at least to me. Doesn't rule me out!

SpacemanSpiff

#14 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:38 am

ghostjmf wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am
I *don't* think #7 will rule ROF peeps out. We were *not* contestants, we were competing to be.

The concern I have is how it's phrased:
7. Any individual who has appeared as a contestant on any version of the Program, and whose appearance was broadcast as part of the Program is not eligible to be a contestant on the Program again.
Maybe the key is "and" rather than "or" -- if you were in the hot seat/ironing board/whatever and your show never aired (meaning you likely didn't get any money), that would make sense.

EDIT: I went ahead and filled out the application. One of the questions was if you had ever been a contestant (Y/N) followed by a "When?" I put in the date and indicated I was only in the ROF, not in the hot seat. I figure it's long odds anyway, so what the heck.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

triviawayne

#15 Post by triviawayne » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:20 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:38 am
ghostjmf wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am

The concern I have is how it's phrased:
Maybe the key is "and" rather than "or" -- if you were in the hot seat/ironing board/whatever and your show never aired (meaning you likely didn't get any money), that would make sense.

EDIT: I went ahead and filled out the application. One of the questions was if you had ever been a contestant (Y/N) followed by a "When?" I put in the date and indicated I was only in the ROF, not in the hot seat. I figure it's long odds anyway, so what the heck.
I wouldn't have put the yes there since you were only in the ROF. When the casting coordinators see the yes, they will likely stop reading and move on.

By putting no, at the time you are contacted (if they decide to contact you), you would then be able to explain you were in the ROF, and weren't sure regarding eligibility, and then LET THEM decide if you are eligible. This way you can't be told you were deceptive, and even if they were to go that route, at least you gave yourself a chance; where by putting yes with the explanation...well I would think your chances of being contacted are 0.01%.

SpacemanSpiff

#16 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:46 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:20 pm
By putting no, at the time you are contacted (if they decide to contact you), you would then be able to explain you were in the ROF, and weren't sure regarding eligibility, and then LET THEM decide if you are eligible. This way you can't be told you were deceptive, and even if they were to go that route, at least you gave yourself a chance; where by putting yes with the explanation...well I would think your chances of being contacted are 0.01%.
Given the way the other questions were "steering," I suspect I wouldn't be what they wanted anyway. They asked a lot of questions about how COVID affected me, if I was an "essential employee," if I did volunteering, especially where social justice was concerned (specifically mentioning BLM), none of which I fit into.

But what the heck.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:08 am

They called me. First step in the process and we're trading calls at this point but I know they're not completely uninterested. --Bob

SpacemanSpiff

#18 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:44 am

Yay!!! Let's hope it goes through!

ghostjmf

#19 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:53 am

Wow!

Tell us anything you're allowed to.

And good luck!

jarnon

#20 Post by jarnon » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:15 am

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

MarleysGh0st

#21 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:03 pm

I remember phones!

Now if only they'd remember the Phone Game. :|

jarnon

#22 Post by jarnon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:43 am

Spoiler
MillionaireTV wrote:SUNDAY at 9|8c on ABC, #WhoWantsToBeAMillionaire is back! This time with heroic frontline workers also in the hot seat, PLUS a first time ever celebrity MILLION DOLLAR WIN! 💰
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

earendel

#23 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 am

I'm ready to do transcripts.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."