Isn't there a law against this?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lizbit
Four-Footer

Isn't there a law against this?

#1 Post by Lizbit » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Every now and then, men drive up to our house in a truck with a trailer, from which they unload big, noisy machines. Then they turn on the machines and go all around the yard, STEALING THE GRASS! Me and Wiki are inside, guarding the house, when we need to be outside, guarding the lawn. We yell at them through the windows, but they don't pay any attention to us. If my mom is home, she says, "Don't worry about it, girls. They are just doing their job."

What kind of job is stealing grass? How can that be legal? What should we do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Love, Libit

tlynn78

Re: Isn't there a law against this?

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:28 pm

You stay on their case, Lizbit - you can't just let them get away with that nonsense. With so many states legalizing grass for recreational use, it's only going to get worse.The should at least give your mom a cut of the profits.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:18 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:28 pm
You stay on their case, Lizbit - you can't just let them get away with that nonsense. With so many states legalizing grass for recreational use, it's only going to get worse.The should at least give your mom a cut of the profits.
Lizbit, these guys probably have a medical condition. They may need a blacklight and Jimi Hendrix music.
Well, then

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#4 Post by Evil Squirrel » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Aw, come on Lizzie! I thought we were gonna mud rassle! It's a lot easier when the grass is all gone!

Plus, the tall blades make my nuts itch....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Evil Squirrel wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Aw, come on Lizzie! I thought we were gonna mud rassle! It's a lot easier when the grass is all gone!

Plus, the tall blades make my nuts itch....
Mind your manners, young man, Lizbit is a lady!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:34 pm

There is no law Lizbit, however, I wish the ones that show up at my house wouldn't start at 7AM! Don't they know I'm a night owl?? How rude!

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Kiki's Cleaning Lady
Merry Man

#7 Post by Kiki's Cleaning Lady » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:55 pm

kayrharris wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:34 pm
There is no law Lizbit, however, I wish the ones that show up at my house wouldn't start at 7AM! Don't they know I'm a night owl?? How rude!

kay
I guess they've never seen you passed out on the lawn before.

I still have those pics on my phone....

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Kiki's Cleaning Lady wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:55 pm
kayrharris wrote:

Excuse me?? I think you have me confused with one of the Kardashians. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Benjamin Franklin

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Lizbit wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 pm
Every now and then, men drive up to our house in a truck with a trailer, from which they unload big, noisy machines. Then they turn on the machines and go all around the yard, STEALING THE GRASS! Me and Wiki are inside, guarding the house, when we need to be outside, guarding the lawn. We yell at them through the windows, but they don't pay any attention to us. If my mom is home, she says, "Don't worry about it, girls. They are just doing their job."

What kind of job is stealing grass? How can that be legal? What should we do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Love, Libit
They're not stealing grass, Lizbit. They're collecting it. They were running low on their grass supply so they decided to collect some mow. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#10 Post by Lizbit » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Lizbit wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Love, Libit
They're not stealing grass, Lizbit. They're collecting it. They were running low on their grass supply so they decide to collect some mow. --Bob
That is an excellent pun, Mr. Bob! Thank you for spending it on Wiki and me. (If you ever want to use it with your two-legged friens, we promise not to tell that we heard it first.)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am

kayrharris wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:43 pm
kayrharris wrote:

Excuse me?? I think you have me confused with one of the Kardashians. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Interesting that tgirl defended Lizbit's ladyhood, but not yours. Hmmmmmmm........

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:13 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am
kayrharris wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Interesting that tgirl defended Lizbit's ladyhood, but not yours. Hmmmmmmm........

lb13
you made me spit my drink.
That said, I'm sure there is no photographic evidence of KiKi - I mean Ms. Kay being anything other than completely circumspect.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, just saying she's not stupid. Just sayin.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#13 Post by kayrharris » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:14 pm

See, I told you! Thanks t-girl. I appreciate your support. ...I think! Just sayin.

kay
Benjamin Franklin