Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#501 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:50 pm

You seriously are warped.
For what? Pointing out that Donny truly sucks at his job? For pointing out that as a direct result of decisions that Donny and his Administration have made, recently and years ago, people are going to die?

What's warped is people continuing to give him a pass because he decided to run for office with an R after his name. His job, his actual job, is to keep the government prepared to deal with threats like this to Americans' health and well being. Instead, he has actively degraded the government's ability to prevent and respond to these threats. And yes, he should suffer the consequences of being bad at his job. --Bob
Dude. I fear for your serenity.
Here's a post that didn't age particularly well. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#502 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Dr. Rebekkah Jones, who was in charge of keeping tabs on Florida coronavirus statistics until she was fired for disputing the "official" state tallies, now has her own website, where she has a dashboard that tracks the total cases in Flordia. Jones bases her site on the same public sources that the state does, but when you add it up, there's a big difference. As of June 12:

Jones:

Cases: 78,688
Deaths: 2,967
Tests Conducted: 1,075,056

State:

Cases: 70,971
Deaths: 2,877
Tests: 1,335,891

The biggest source of difference is that Jones includes cases confirmed by positive antibodies but the state does not. Jones also includes those tests in her total number of tests conducted. If you remove them to be consistent with the state's methodology, the number of tests conducted is 895,947.

So the state shows more tests conducted and fewer cases and deaths than Jones does. One wonders how much monkeying is going on in states like Georgia, Texas, and Arizona.

Link to Jones's site: https://floridacovidaction.com/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#503 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 pm

I postulated this months ago:

Mutation could make coronavirus more infectious, study suggests

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/health/c ... index.html

(CNN)Researchers in Florida say they believe they have shown that the new coronavirus has mutated in a way that makes it more easily infect human cells.

They say more research is needed to show whether the change has altered the course of the pandemic, but at least one researcher not involved in the study says it likely has, and the changes may explain why the virus has caused so many infections in the United States and Latin America.

It's a mutation that scientists have been worried about for weeks.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#504 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 pm
I pasted this months ago:
Fixed it for ya!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#505 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Estonut wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 pm
I pasted this months ago:
Fixed it for ya!
Fuck you! What I posted some months ago was my original postulation based on reports of mutations.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#506 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:02 am

Donald Trump wrote:If we stop testing right now, we’d have very few cases, if any.
And if they stopped keeping score, every team would win the Super Bowl.

Bob Juch

#507 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:54 am

Trump says he thinks some Americans are wearing masks to show they disapprove of him and not as a preventive measure during the pandemic

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-a ... ure-2020-6

silverscreenselect

#508 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:51 pm

How a West Baltimore nursing home has zero COVID-19 infections
Here’s a key question for the Rev. Derrick DeWitt, director of the Maryland Baptist Aged Home in West Baltimore, a 100-year-old nursing facility that has had no coronavirus infections: What was the moment you realized the threat was real and that you had to take action to protect your residents and staff? “Right after President Trump said we had 15 cases and it would soon be down to zero.”

I dare not put words in a Baptist minister’s mouth, but it sounds like he listened to what the President of the United States had to say, then decided just the opposite would be true.
“It does sound like that,” Reverend DeWitt agreed.

In late February, after hearing from Trump, DeWitt believed the country faced a deadly threat of unpredictable scope. He took immediate action. “The first thing we did was eliminate all visitations,” he says. “So family, volunteers, the church people who visit were all told they could not visit. It wasn’t too popular at first, but they understood it was for the safety of the residents.”

The home stocked up quickly on extra masks, gloves and gowns. DeWitt scheduled his janitors so that the nursing home received thorough cleanings day and night. He asked each staff member involved in the care of residents to limit travel and contact with their family members. On reporting for work, staffers had to fill out a questionnaire about their outside activities and health conditions. “And we took their temperature three times a day,” DeWitt says. Masks were dispensed to all the residents. Community meals were eliminated, and residents ate in their rooms. Employees were provided food so they would not have to go out for lunch or dinner. Rooms with one television and two residents got a second TV to help meet social distancing.
Good for the Rev. DeWitt and his residents. All it takes is some common sense and determination to know more than the current President of the United States.

silverscreenselect

#509 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Once again, Florida has decided to do something about the alarming rise in COVID cases. They are again changing the method of reporting cases in a way that will reduce the number of ICU cases reported. Hospitals will no longer report the number of patients in ICU beds. Instead, they will report the number of patients in those beds who require "intensive levels of care," whatever that means. What it does mean is that there will be a reduction in the number of ICU cases reported so that DeSantis can claim that there's not a critical shortage. It's not as if hospitals are putting patients in the ICU for the fun of it. But, anything to make the crisis look less serious than it is, that is, unless you're a patient who doesn't have an ICU bed available when you need it.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/34 ... -reporting

Perhaps totally coincidentally, this change comes four days after this report:

Multiple Florida hospitals out of ICU beds amid COVID-19 surge
Hospitals across Florida are nearing or meeting bed capacity in intensive care units as COVID-19 cases rise, Newsweek reports. Several Florida medical centers reported dwindling ICU bed availability June 18, with several reporting no availability at all, according to a report published by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration. An accompanying report found about 75 percent of available hospital beds statewide are currently in use. Two of Palm Beach County's 17 hospitals have met ICU bed capacity, along with one hospital in Miami-Dade County. Most hospitals have filled more than half of beds in intensive care units.

Bob Juch

#510 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:13 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:11 pm
Once again, Florida has decided to do something about the alarming rise in COVID cases. They are again changing the method of reporting cases in a way that will reduce the number of ICU cases reported. Hospitals will no longer report the number of patients in ICU beds. Instead, they will report the number of patients in those beds who require "intensive levels of care," whatever that means. What it does mean is that there will be a reduction in the number of ICU cases reported so that DeSantis can claim that there's not a critical shortage. It's not as if hospitals are putting patients in the ICU for the fun of it. But, anything to make the crisis look less serious than it is, that is, unless you're a patient who doesn't have an ICU bed available when you need it.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/34 ... -reporting

Perhaps totally coincidentally, this change comes four days after this report:

Multiple Florida hospitals out of ICU beds amid COVID-19 surge
Hospitals across Florida are nearing or meeting bed capacity in intensive care units as COVID-19 cases rise, Newsweek reports. Several Florida medical centers reported dwindling ICU bed availability June 18, with several reporting no availability at all, according to a report published by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration. An accompanying report found about 75 percent of available hospital beds statewide are currently in use. Two of Palm Beach County's 17 hospitals have met ICU bed capacity, along with one hospital in Miami-Dade County. Most hospitals have filled more than half of beds in intensive care units.
We're running out here in Arizona as well. :shock:

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#511 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:21 pm

In November, we will choose the person who will lead the federal response to the second half of the pandemic. Choose wisely. Choose as though your life depends on it. Because it may. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#512 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 am

The governors of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut have announced a 14-day quarantine on travelers from states with high COVID rates. The determination of which states are based on current statistics and currently, nine states are on the list: AL, AR, AZ, FL, NC, SC, WA, UT, and TX. Despite a big spike in total number of cases, California is not currently on the list, probably because their overall population is so big. Also not on the list currently is my own state of Georgia, despite a record 1,750 cases reported yesterday. Wasn't it just a couple of months ago that the governor of Florida wanted to ban travelers from New York? And the EU may institute a similar ban on visitors from the United States.

silverscreenselect

#513 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:16 am

Donald Trump 6/26/20 wrote:Coronavirus deaths are way down. Mortality rate is one of the lowest in the World. Our Economy is roaring back and will NOT be shut down. “Embers” or flare ups will be put out, as necessary!
Texas shuts down bars again, scales back restaurant dining in latest rollbacks amid surge in confirmed virus cases

Florida Is Shutting Down Bars Again Because of COVID-19

This on a day in which Florida reported almost 9,000 new cases and one day after Texas reported almost 6,000 new cases.

silverscreenselect

#514 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Why Florida had 9,000 new coronavirus cases today

Vandal
Director of Promos

#515 Post by Vandal » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm

The Karen is strong in this one.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#516 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Andy Biggs (R-AZ) 7-2-20 wrote:After two months of economic nightmares due to COVID-19 and our states’ reactions to the outbreak, the American economy is roaring back as we predicted. The fundamentals of our economy were very strong prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, and the pro-growth foundation that President Trump set over the past 3+ years is paying dividends in one of our nation’s most-uncertain times. Americans trust President Trump and his team to lead our economy back to prosperity because of his track record.

As our economy is restored, it is imperative that President Trump is not undermined in his mission to return our economy to greatness. Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx continue to contradict many of President Trump’s stated goals and actions for returning to normalcy as we know more about the COVID-19 outbreak. This is causing panic that compromises our economic recovery. We can protect our most vulnerable from the COVID-19 outbreak while still protecting lives and livelihoods of the rest of the population. It’s time for the COVID-19 task force to be disbanded so that President Trump’s message is not mitigated or distorted.
I sure hope he isn't Bob J's Congressperson. Perhaps Dr.s Fauci and Brix were responsible for the nearly 5,000 new cases in Arizona and 88 deaths yesterday that might be causing some panic as well.

Bob Juch

#517 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:59 pm
Andy Biggs (R-AZ) 7-2-20 wrote:After two months of economic nightmares due to COVID-19 and our states’ reactions to the outbreak, the American economy is roaring back as we predicted. The fundamentals of our economy were very strong prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, and the pro-growth foundation that President Trump set over the past 3+ years is paying dividends in one of our nation’s most-uncertain times. Americans trust President Trump and his team to lead our economy back to prosperity because of his track record.

As our economy is restored, it is imperative that President Trump is not undermined in his mission to return our economy to greatness. Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx continue to contradict many of President Trump’s stated goals and actions for returning to normalcy as we know more about the COVID-19 outbreak. This is causing panic that compromises our economic recovery. We can protect our most vulnerable from the COVID-19 outbreak while still protecting lives and livelihoods of the rest of the population. It’s time for the COVID-19 task force to be disbanded so that President Trump’s message is not mitigated or distorted.
I sure hope he isn't Bob J's Congressperson. Perhaps Dr.s Fauci and Brix were responsible for the nearly 5,000 new cases in Arizona and 88 deaths yesterday that might be causing some panic as well.
No, he's from the district that includes Mesa and Chandler. My congresscritter is Tom O'Halleran, a Democrat.

silverscreenselect

#518 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:23 am

Donald Trump 7/4/20 wrote:[N]ow we have tested over 40 million people. But by so doing, we show cases, 99 percent of which are totally harmless.
I guess this guy, who is a business editor at CNN is one of the 99 percent of the cases.

I got Covid-19 two months ago. I'm still discovering new areas of damage
The cough has come back, without warning and seemingly for no reason; so has the fatigue. True, neither are as debilitating as when I had the actual virus, but they are back. ... I got infected back in mid-April. My symptoms were on the milder side: I never had breathing difficulties, or loss of sense or smell. I was wiped-out tired and I always had "the cough," which has now returned.

I have tested negative for the virus and positive for the antibodies, and my doctor says it won't return. But there are days when I feel that it has. I am also discovering new areas of damage: I have now become incredibly clumsy. I was never the most lissome person, no one ever called me graceful, but my clumsiness is off the chart. If I reach for a glass, or take something out of a cupboard, I will knock it, or drop it on the floor. I have tripped over the curb and gone flying. I fall over furniture. It is as if that part of my brain, which subconsciously adjusts hand and movement to obstacles it sees, isn't working. At times there's a sense of mild confusion. The micro delay in a thought, the hesitation with a word. Nobody would notice but me. My digestive system is peculiar, to say the least. It doesn't matter whether I call them symptoms, traits, or wreckage -- my body doesn't feel quite right...

The doctors try to reassure me, saying, this will wear off, but they can't tell me when. Last week was bad. The cough has been with me for days, I have been tired and needed to take naps. I tripped over the camera tripod then fell over a chair! I am concerned but not panicked, yet.

silverscreenselect

#519 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Dozens of Mississippi lawmakers have coronavirus after weeks of refusing to wear masks
About one in six [Mississippi] state lawmakers have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to Dr. Thomas Dobbs of the Mississippi Health Department. For weeks, politicians flouted mask recommendations inside the state Capitol. Twenty-six state legislators have now tested positive for Covid-19, including Lt. Gov. Delbert Hosemann and State House Speaker Philip Gunn. Neither man wore a mask at a bill signing at the governor's mansion last week. Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves said on Tuesday that he and his daughters tested negative for the virus, tweeting they had "limited contact with the people who were diagnosed."

This spike in infections follows an especially busy few weeks in the Capitol. Members have met to discuss the state's budget, an unemployment crisis, and in June, the legislature passed a historic bill to remove the Confederate emblem from the state's flag. Without masks, it may not come as a shock that the virus spread so efficiently within the legislature. On the floor, desks are packed tightly together, and members gather closely to communicate with their colleagues.

silverscreenselect

#520 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 pm
There's 60 people out of 350 million in this country that have this thing and you people are once again hysterical with political rage. Politics is your religion and you are a cult. You are sickening.
Thank God you people aren't in charge of everything and God help us if you ever are.
There's a quote that hasn't aged particularly well.

California reimposes restrictions on restaurants and many other indoor facilities

And if that's not enough:

Coronavirus: antibody immunity could last ‘just months’: Study by King’s College London finds a significant drop in antibody potency after three months.

I'm hopeful that idiot governors like Kemp and DeSantis will as some point realize that they've got nothing to gain by continuing to prop Trump up and will get serious and stay serious about restrictions. But we may have to wait until we have a federal administration that takes the coronavirus seriously beginning on January 21.

silverscreenselect

#521 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:57 am

Rush Limbaugh 7/14/20 wrote:You’ve heard of the Donner Party? ... It was so bad that they had to turn to cannibalism to survive. … They didn’t complain about it, because there was nothing they could do. They had to adapt. This is what’s missing. There seems to be no concept of adaptation. There seems to be no understanding in the millennial generation that we can adapt to this.
What's funny is that the millennial generation has "adapted to it." They're out there partying like there's no tomorrow, which is why the case spikes are so high. It's us older folk who aren't particularly interested in committing suicide so Donald Trump and Rush Limbaugh can prove some obscure point. I'm wondering if Rush is taking cancer treatment or just trying to "adapt to this."

silverscreenselect

#522 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Richard Rose 4/28/20 wrote:Let [me] make this clear. I’m not buying a f—ing mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.
In the words of a villain on Columbo, "this far and no farther." Rose, age 37, died of COVID-19 on July 4. He was an Iraq and Afghanistan army vet and a fan of NASCAR, the paranormal, his two cats (Tucker and Dale), and Georgia Bulldogs football.

When he first tested positive after feeling sick for a few days, he posted on July 1, "Sucks because I had just started a new job!" Later, it would suck even worse. His last post on July 3 said: "When you see me in heaven don’t s–t yourself you judgmental pricks."

Not surprisingly, many people online have not been sympathetic since the story came out. One of his friends said, "Rick is getting slaughtered online right now for his decision that he made not to wear a mask and that’s not right. We should still be compassionate whether we agree with someone’s beliefs or not." Then he added, "the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose.”

It's hard to work up compassion for someone who walked around with the coronavirus for several days, infecting who knows how many other people, just because he didn't buy into that damn hype." It's like asking for compassion for a drunk driver who loses his life in a multi-car fatal accident even though we don't agree with his beliefs.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/13/ohio-army ... ronavirus/

Bob Juch

#523 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:57 am
Rush Limbaugh 7/14/20 wrote:You’ve heard of the Donner Party? ... It was so bad that they had to turn to cannibalism to survive. … They didn’t complain about it, because there was nothing they could do. They had to adapt. This is what’s missing. There seems to be no concept of adaptation. There seems to be no understanding in the millennial generation that we can adapt to this.
What's funny is that the millennial generation has "adapted to it." They're out there partying like there's no tomorrow, which is why the case spikes are so high. It's us older folk who aren't particularly interested in committing suicide so Donald Trump and Rush Limbaugh can prove some obscure point. I'm wondering if Rush is taking cancer treatment or just trying to "adapt to this."
The oldest millennials are 39, the youngest are 24. It's the Geb Xers that are partying like there's no tomorrow.

Bob Juch

#524 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Kayleigh McEnany: ‘Science Should Not Stand in the Way’ of Reopening Schools

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kayleigh- ... ng-schools

Bob Juch

#525 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:42 pm